What's the minimum it would take for you to kick someone out of your game?

What's the minimum it would take for you to kick someone out of your game?

Stop making the same Thread you SJW autist.

I remade it to be broader, I don't want people getting political, but I also find posting first to be rude, so I was waiting before keying in.

Minimum in what sense?

If you mean "what constitutes the least amount of effort necessary for you to kick someone ?", then my answer is "Silently falling to show up to a scheduled session or canceling because you made conflicting plans at the last minute, at least three times."

If they are black they go

Personality traits, background, level of education or intelligence, general pettyness, activity at the table, etc.

You're actually pretty accomodating

My personal go-to is if they do not respect the time or personhood of their fellow players, expousing any belief that boils down to "Hey you, other guy at the table, you really don't deserve to be here".

That's just my section bias. Anyone I've invited to my table has already passed through the filter of "can I stand to be in the same room as this person".

If someone didn't vote for trump. Any killary voters get one warning shot if they don't leave fast enough.

I've never kicked someone out of my game, so I guess it'd have to be something so cartoonishly antisocial that no actual person who turned up to play a board game would ever do it. Like physically attacking another player or masturbating under the table. You know, something from the Veeky Forums archives of Shit That Didn't Happen.

I don't like them.

No coloureds. No homos. No uppity women. No Semites. If you can't take a Holocaust joke you're booted.

That's got to be awkward if someone just turned 18 this year.

My entire group is black. I would have no one to play with.

Honestly, for me it's (Generally) more a case of a lasting pattern rather than a single event. One thing bad enough could get me to kick them out but most of the time I've asked someone to not return has been due to a consistent pattern of being a dick to the GM or other players and actively making the game less fun for them due to it. Someone having a blow up could be due to life issues but if you are constantly getting into arguments with other players and throwing insults (Not just friendly ones but actually trying to be harmful ones) at everyone, there is little reason to want you to keep playing.

Being a cunt in general.
In game or out of it.

One guys out of my EP campaign for trying to fuck one of the other players' girlfriend.
One of the girls was kicked from my last D&D campaign for repeatedly turning up late and not paying attention.

Just don't be a cunt.

Once it becomes clear that somebody just has not read the rules, I let them know they need to and even offer to loan a paper copy in case they just dont like reading digital. If after that they havnt found time for it, they're out. Period. You can skim the setting, but you need to know the basics of the rules. For reference I play really light systems so this is basically unforgivable.

No blacks, no dogs, no Irish.

nothing I have no backbone.

>no Irish
You've never had the pleasure of DMing for a party of elves and their Irish paladin.

>remaking
Just kill yourself already

Teehee Maccaroni is the bane of my fucking existence.

Every fucking campaign that my GM runs inevitably at some point involves running into an NPC named "Teehee Maccaroni," who the GM affectionately describes as "an epic level sorcerer who's also a retarded nudist gnome."

Teehee Maccaroni wander the countryside with a unique Rod of Wonders powered by "retard magic" shoved up his anus, and he casts the Rod of Wonders by diddling his penis. He says nothing but his own name in different inflections and the phrase "I like-a the goodberry, gimme gimme the goodberry." The GM thinks it's hilarious to have this character show up during the middle of encounters we're struggling at and start jerking off magic everywhere.

But the worst part is his chant. He wanders around chanting his name, so when he's about to show up the GM will start low;
Tee-hee-hee, Maccaroni Maccaroni
Tee-hee-hee, Maccaroni Maccaroni
And then get louder and louder until he's fucking shouting
TEE HEE HEE, MACCARONI MACCARONI!
TEE HEE HEE, MACCARONI MACCARONI!

And the table loves it! The other guys I play with think this is the best shit! Teehee Maccaroni has been our table's de-facto inside joke, our signature "running gag" for six years now. When that chant starts up, everyone else joins in like a ritual; the whole table is expected to start chanting "TEE HEE HEE, MACCARONI MACCARONI" by the end, and every fucking time I refuse because this is some embarrassing circa-2002 Penguin of Doom shit, it's always the same thing; "There goes user again! No fun allowed around user! user's just a big grouch who's getting angry because we're making him touch Teehee Maccaroni's penis again! Why won't you just let us have fun with this character, he's just here for dumb fun, you stick-in-the mud!"

These motherfuckers are all over 25 years old.

Teehee Maccaroni is going to be the death of me.

Im pretty cool with players and allow some stupidity, some out of game discussions etc. After all, we all wans to have a good time. However these are the big no-noes at my table:

- Players activelly trying to annoy other players because "my character woul do that !". No man, if RPGs only inspire "be a dick to everyone", just play at another table.

- Players who have no respect for the efforts the others put in order to planify game sessions etc. This include not listening or not reading the basic conversations about next session, taking ages to update your character while everyone does it quickly in order to move on with the next session. Basically not giving a fuck about the game and acting like the DM and other players should just take care of the annoying part.

- If you show at the game with another dude without telling me beforehand, you just leave and do something else with your friend, im not modifying the game at the last minute because "hey i was with Dennis and on the way i thought, maybe he can join us tonight lol !". I try not to be a dick with that but saddly people always take it personnally

- Forcing sexual stuff and fetishes in the game. Im okay with people playing sexy big breasted girls for fun, i don't care, a little flirty with PC and NPC, okay that's your character personnality, but as soon as all your character does is trying to fuck everyone, or generally being a way to insert your fetish (i had a player who activelly tried to make his character fuck with a dog...), im going to cut that shit down.

- Being an egocentered dick, it's pretty fucking simple but it's also the most common problem, new guy join the table, and already all he cares about is how badass his character is, activelly trying to cut other players when they speak, or even worse, trying to make them fail in game just so your character can have the glory.

Basically, i kick out player who forget they play with other human beings.

(Sorry if my english is butchered)

HAHAHAHA JESUS CHRIST user

Stale maccaroni

Belligerence.

A thief-only party can be interesting.

Starting shit with other players. No, Jesse, when you unprovokedly begin harpooning the Norwegian metal scene for being sexist and exclusive during character generation and raising your voice over player questions, you cannot proceed to then claim it wasn't directed at our Norwegian who sings in a metal band.

Jesse is a total slut

Don't like their face?
Annoying voice?
Bad RP?

I tell them the issue, explaining my grievance. Then we try to help that person stop being so unlikable. I expect results within 3 months.
If it fails, but I feel they're still trying, I postpone it. An extra 3 months.
If they don't want to try, or think there's no problem or if it looks like it's not gonna work? Out the door they go.

At least you'd still have your TV.

Cheating.

>Funnyjunk part of the anti-anime brigade.

Have you seen that website my dude? 80% of the shit posted there is anime or anime lewds.

If they don't make a couple weeks without saying why, I stop inviting them
if they miss like a month without saying anything, I stop inviting them
if it's anything else then the group will usually voice they don't want this person here before I realize it myself.

Why would you just copypaste it like this? It doesn't even make sense in this thread. Don't force a meme, user, especially if it's not yours to force.

I get angry when people like things that I don't like or refuse me the use of their anus during the game. I am a reasonable person and anyone who says otherwise can't play at my mom's house.

Tee hee hee

Hey man, don't lump FJ in with those queers.

Having experience with DnD or expressing a positive opinion about it, whichever you think is lesser.

>kicking black
>not kicking blue control instead.

Poor show.

>EP campaign
Let me play, I love Eclipse Phase

Sounds like you're doing the players a favour, tough guy.

They're all my friends so we're pretty good with one another, but I hate when friends try to bring someone and say "oh they're just going to sit and do nothing because they don't want to play" Don't fucking try and bring them then. It always ends in this person being a general nuisance and derailing the game because they don't want to sit and do nothing. Who would have though.

I'm the same with white.

That's fucking hilarious I wished played.in your group

I've gotten quite grumpy and tired with the years so basically

1. show up more than 30 minutes late 3 times without a very good explanation
2. if they make a character that doesn't cooperate with the group well more than once
3. anyone who brings a guest that the rest of the group doesn't know already
4. People who get stoned (mostly because we play at my house and I don't want it to stink of reefer)
5. If someone decides to be the arbiter of what people are allowed to say and think, that person has to go. Of course you're allowed to disagree with anyone, but if you make a big deal out of every off-color joke, political leaning or hitler reference or whatever you're not sticking around.

That said we've been gaming together for around 20 years now so the core group is extremely comfy, the only people we've had problems with are fringe elements and boyfriends/girlfriends.

>worthless opinion of a literally who mod from 4+ years ago

Besides the things already mentioned in this thread, one thing that'll get someone kicked from my game would be someone rules-lawyering the DM over non-rules stuff.

>"Wtf he should be dead, I dealt him 20 damage"
"The troll is slightly tougher, that's why he's the dungeon boss"
>"Well trolls in the MM don't have this much HP, it's unfair!"

"No, a 20 on a deception roll still doesn't mean you can convince him you're a 3ft gnome when you're a 5ft elf, you could actually try and disguise or use magic and maybe..."
>"But a 20 means an automatic success!"

Missing three session in a row with less than a days notice for each

I can't believe this actually happened to someone else

Rolling a mage when there's perfectly good martial classes for you to choose from. The only reason to play mages is the break games, and I don't need that sort of player at my table.

Being mean to another player.

We're pretty loosey goosey with actual in-game stuff, since we're all pretty easy going people and we all believe strongly in everyone contributing to the story, so we tend to roll with stuff that might be silly or contrary to what the rest of us might want, but that's all in-game.

The only thing that will actually get someone asked to leave would be all the same sorts of things you wouldn't do at any polite company, gaming or otherwise.

The game itself is so much less important that people having a good time, so characters being edgy or lolrandumb or opposite alignment than the rest or whatever are all things we've had and eventually been fine with and worked with.

We've never had a problem in several years of playing though so this has never come up.

That said, outside my group, I see plenty of people I wouldn't want to play with, and it's always the same reason, they're mean.

The minimum? If I don't like them or they annoy me they don't get to come back.

>What's the minimum it would take for you to kick someone out of your game?

If they're a Republican. My table is a safe space for one trans person and two gay people, and I certainly don't feel like forcing them to have to endure the inevitable hate speech and bigotry which would ensue by bringing a conservative to the table.

Don't worry, the trans will kill themselves and soon you'll only have to coddle two degenerates instead of three.

Nobody wants them there, and they fail to improve even after I privately let them know what they should improve on and why it's important.

Not using a coaster
Not even joking

Way to prove user's point.

I hope you get to play a softball game in DC soon.

>
Typical liberal response threatening violence. Yawn.

>considering something that milquetoast a threat
Jesus christ.

My games are a strict no politics zone. I warn off people who are getting into political discussions and tell them to stow it for after the game.

Playing selfish, misanthropic, or loner characters. That shit gets old quick and I like actual heroes in my games.

For anything except cheating I have a two-strike rule. You get one warning and then you're out on your ass. For cheating you get the boot immediately.

>For cheating you get the boot immediately.

You'd better not use a GM screen, then.

Said the person who was overtly rooting for the death of a trans person.

missing the first session or missing two sessions in a row without 24 hour prior notice.

>responding to the republicunt
>thinking DMs can cheat
Jesus christ.

Politics really DO rot the mind.

...and everything is political, user.

There is no hope.

Sounds a little dictatorish, but if you actually remind people to use coasters once per sitting, then it really does show a sense of flippancy and uncaring for others/friends/the DM, either through a direct disrespect of your wishes, or by not even bothering to remember or listen to your words.

I am safely shielded from politics by telling everyone who tries to talk about politics all their issues are pointless compared to space, and if they don't want to talk about space they can fuck off.

Rooting? Statistics. Maybe you didnt learn much with your liberal arts major.

>continuing dumbshit /pol/ argument
>not going to space
Jesus christ.
Fucking subhumans aren't even going to survive the next stellar disaster.

> he thinks DM can cheat

I kind of wish something retarded would happen at our table. I get sick of the same old players and the same old stories. Sometimes I wish something bananas would happen and we all just rolled with it.

>Trans
>person
Pick one

Reminds me of the time I had to kick a player because he kept eating those lava cakes from Dominos when we'd order to play and then D E S T R O Y the bathroom.

I warned him the first time to be fair.

Politics and political opinions are totally, but like with everything, it's fanboys who ruin the fandom.

If you have a certain political leaning? That's cool, everyone does in one way or another. The problem is when you can't be an adult about it and respect that everyone comes from different backgrounds and have different beliefs. Then you get those guys who so adamantly "identify" with their side of the "us vs. them" dynamic that has taken over their lives, that any random fact or opinion or action that could potentially portray the fanboy's political group in a negative light is met with pure autistic screeching, sometimes a spergout, and most often a heated and extremely cringey debate/argument between two armchair politicians that requires them to be excused while the game is put on hold.

Holy shit, I want game stories....

>if you don't like anime you're a reddit 9gag tumblr feminist sjw

anime delenda est

Yeah, you pretty much are.
Not liking anime makes you the worst scum possible on Veeky Forums.

But liking anime makes you a pedofile, which makes you the worst scum possible on Veeky Forums.

anime is dumb and for fags

>new: the post

Incorrect. It is people who do not like anime who are pedophiles by default.

That's exactly what a pedophile would say.

Being in my game.

That's exactly what a pedophile would say.

No coaster.

Mimicking like that is a sure sign of pedophilia.

An inability to understand satire like that is a sure sign of pedophilia.

Doubling down on the pedophilia with more mimicry, eh?

Well, I like anime, so I may as well.

I dunno, statistically, pedophiles have an aversion to anime. I think you're just trying to fit in.

Pedos do have a strong correlation to autistic behavior, such as being unable to drop a stupid conversation because they think they're "right".

You both diddle kids. Get over it.

yeah, whatever you say, pedo.

The absolute minimum would be being a massive flake, promising to show and never doing it over and over again. But at that point its less 'kicking out' and more 'I stop counting you as part of the campaign'.

For an actual kick-out, you need to be seriously impacting the ability of other players to enjoy the game. I don't mean just saying something that made people uncomfortable one time, but rather stuff that is seriously risking driving other people away from the game or shit that devolves into real arguments that stop the game because you are for real fighting.

a klondike bar.

If they can't get along with the other players or are super disrespectful.

So the entirety of /a/ is SJFAG trash now?

except of course the manga threads

Failing to show up when told they'd show up atleast 3 times

OOC aggression at the table

Not participating in the game

Being more occupied with the phone than the game

Antagonizing another player when its not in the spirit of fun and bad for the game (for example some guy derailing a game to fuck with another player when neither the GM nor the other player want that)

Keep with me on this, but...

Expressing or trying to discuss conservative views.

You can admit to being conservative, hell, you can admit to being alt-right because it's possible to not hold every single view of a group, so there's likely some in that group who aren't neo nazis or white supremacist

But just don't bring up or argue for conservative views, it makes people uncomfortable and we usually game in a pretty young crowd

I'll curtail most extensive political discussion, I can't justify preventing a conversation on, say, gun control in the wake of a tragedy or basic income or post-necessity which is mostly hopeful in nature

It's like, yes, you can think muslims are bad, but you shouldn't be open about it or ranting about it, but if someone brings up that they support muslims it's a completely different bit

It's about understanding your audience. If you're not polite enough to be in a college study group you're not polite enough to game with us for 4-6 hours a week.

Let's see
>Cheating
>Repeatedly being late unannounced
>Repeatedly leaving early unannounced
>Obvious magical realming
>Using the game to argue OoC politics
>Consistently trying to narrate the actions of others
>Being unable to separate IC and OoC/Self-inserting
All of these only if the person continues to do it after asked to stop.