What is the aesthetic behind the Imperium having boobplate...

What is the aesthetic behind the Imperium having boobplate? On the one hand we have the very basic Imperial Guard who are in no way shape or form decorated in an artistic manner (for the most part), they're all given basic flak armour and guns; there's no boobplate for female guard. However, when it comes to SoBs, Inquisitors etc - for the most part they like to wear highly decorated artistic pieces of armour that show off their female form, same with the males.

Is there a terminology for this kind of style? It seems very renaissance classical to me, but I am not sure. When you look at them there is nothing really sexual about the boob plate rather it has some sort of religious art-form to it.

stop overthinking this

It is to glorify the perfection that is the holy human form.

Dunno but the Romans did it.

The human form is holy is why the Imperium does.

Cheeky 80's bdsm scifi gear. That's pretty much it.

From a fluff point of view, it is a magnified version of the Holy Human Form, which is a big deal for the Eclesiarchy. So sister's boobplates are justified for ideological reasons.

It's explicitly designed because of lore reasons, as it very visually confirms that Sisters of Battle are women, as it is actually against the restrictions imposed upon the Ministorum.
> The Ecclesiarchy was stripped of all military power and the Frateris Templar had their funding cut and were reduced to the Frateris Militia which were not allowed to be paid or trained under the Ecclesiarchy's budget, but, fortunately for them, since they were specifically banned from keeping "men under arms", they reformed the Daughters into the Battle Sisters of the Adepta Sororitas.

The Adepta Sororitas are part of the Ministorum. The Ministorm is, under imperial law, not allowed to have any "Men at Arms" due to a failed coup attempt. So the reason sisters have boob-plate is to thwart specifically the "Men" part of that agreement so that they can have standing armies. The sisters are OBVIOUSLY not "men".

It's baroque, gothic method given form. The Imperium decorates its holiest of warriors in the ideal human form, though its mostly the Ecclesiarchy that does this for it's warriors.

We see in the RPG books that its a popular art fashion though.

True. I almost forgot the whole "no men at arms for the church" deal. Please kill me.

>there's no boobplate for female guard

For the Inquisitors, it's mostly just because they have a license to be as pimp as they want, and many abuse it.
Also power armor in 40k represents a huge amount of work and tech, and as such is delicately handcrafted to perfection, because if there's something the Imperium isn't short on, it's man-hours. Think pre-industrialization craftmanship.

>not having "one size fits everyone" fatigues that you reuse when the soldier dies, sparing huge logistical expenses
This guardsman (female) obviously customizes her uniform; call the commissar!

So you can quickly tell the minis are girls. Only reason

Certainly can't quite tell from the faces at least.

>This guardsman (female) obviously customizes her uniform; call the commissar!
BUT SHE CANNA FIT UDDERWISE CAP-TAN!

Roman breastplate

Every guardsman worth his/her salt knows that the munitorum can actually provides two sizes: too small and too big. She just has to file form A38 in triplicate to get a new flak jacket.

you had this pic on your HD just for an occasion like this? I'm impressed, user.

jubblowski is love, jubblowski is life

Guardsmen are given the most cost effective, basic armour and weaponry possible and thrown into battle. Sisters are the military arm of the wealthiest group in the Imperium. It makes sense that they wear something more ornate.

>you had this pic on your HD just for an occasion like this? I'm impressed, user.
Why wouldn't I have Jubblowski on hand?

Well she had some before it popped off...