Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1788: Welcome To The Family Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wJ6DL79sI0E
youtube.com/watch?v=B-rkR1-h5K0
ef.edu/english-resources/english-grammar/forming-possessive/
ef.edu/english-resources/english-grammar/apostrophe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Last Thread
That's twice I screwed up

>That's twice I screwed up

Don't worry. I screw up my life in daily basis.

>how hard would you say it is to develop our own martial art?
Extremely difficult. Most of the impressive in verse arts have been slowly created over the course of a thousand years or so.
That's assuming you're really doing it from scratch though, not adapting things you've seen or heard of.
...Yes.
Typo, meant to say mouth.
Fixed.
>an at
also fixed.
>It's
Is a possessive apostrophe, but the rest are fixed.

I also tacked that the dulmi factory is added as an attachment to your warehouse post jump.

>Is a possessive apostrophe, but the rest are fixed.
If the subject of the correction is not a person, possessives are not applicable

can classes be a suitable standin for origins if there's only one origin that can reasonably be created?

Is NikaMoth around? I have a question about Sailor Moon?

Perhaps, but your taste in 2D waifus is unquestionably patrician, and you're mostly a good dude so you get a pass.

Its been done before and reasonably well in some cases.
What's the setting?

Sure, you can do all sorts of things as origins, it doesn't have to be based on backgrounds.

Possibly, yes? Depending on the jump.

Be sure to include some sort of drop-in option though, even if it's just Val's "everyone can be drop-in".

youtube.com/watch?v=wJ6DL79sI0E

What is it?

In light of Sailor Moon's new campaign, can we expect an update?

youtube.com/watch?v=B-rkR1-h5K0

it's a secret
is it autistic to keep ideas to yourself until releasing them? i'm still working through my first one that is basically done just have to get around to imaging and organizing it and this one i'm referencing now, i'm only partway done with siphoning gear and abilities from the source material

yeah i'm thinking of just making whatever you choose count as a dropin

No.

>No
Succinct

Okay, I was half kidding but it's a neat video, and a smart campaign! Since you're a fan of the show, I thought you'd find it interesting.

It's kinda odd, but different styles for different people. Don't think I announced my first jump until it was done myself.

ef.edu/english-resources/english-grammar/forming-possessive/
>a stone's throw away
>at death's door
I disagree.

what are some of the most abstract powers you can think of?
Stuff like Kingdom hearts travel to the heart of things?

I have all the standard superpowers i can think of, now it's time to get weird...

Do you have contingency plans in case your allies go rogue?

Do they have one for you?

Only going to low-power settings means that the only solution for me is a bullet to my brain. Checkmate, powergamers!

being stronger then all of them together

>Do they have one for you?
they had...once

>Do you have contingency plans in case your allies go rogue?
For most of 'em, it's just "Flip the killswitch."

But mostly, the contingency plan is that they can't do an awful lot to me.

>Do they have one for you?
Some do. It's mostly variations on "Flee the planet, hide in deep space behind as much cloaking as I could get my hands on.", but some of them have enough stealth to risk staying on the same planet.

With my new chain:
If one of my allies go rogue for whatever reason I just portal us to a pocket realm until the problem is is solved.

If I go rogue my companion are expected to trap me in one of my weaker forms until problem is solved. I gave them the means to do so for a reason as I dont have any mind control resistant perks at this point.

Not really.
If it ever happens i can just postcog to find out why and then time travel to prevent it.

That's kinda my plan for a lot of things since i picked the ability up in DC Arrowverse.

I've had my fair share of fuckups and i get blindsided quite a bit, but i'm the only one who remembers, so it's fine.
To everybody else i seem like some kind of paranoid, semi-omniscient master planner.

From the same site
ef.edu/english-resources/english-grammar/apostrophe/
>It's a nice day outside. (contraction)
>The cat is dirty. Its fur is matted. (possession)

>>It's
"It's" is contraction of "It is". Always has been.

It's why "Its" is used to indicate possessions.

>It's

It's = It is.

>ef.edu/english-resources/english-grammar/forming-possessive/
Welp, fuck my English teacher then. I also consulted Oxford, which verifies your position. You're technically correct, the best kind of correct. Apparently there's some negative grammatical biases some people hold when it comes to applying the possessive to inanimate subjects. My A-Level English teacher was probably pushing that as the standard. My apologies

Jumpers, there's plenty of ways to take the stage and declare yourself the protagonist (or antagonist). But for even those with overwhelming power, have you ever had a subordinate or side role, willingly or not? As a sidekick, a mentor, maybe even a Greek Chorus for the sillier settings? Had any favorite protagonists to work alongside?

>Do you have contingency plans in case your allies go rogue?
Depends on two things: do I care about them and have they gone irredeemably rogue or are they just acting like asses?

If they're irredeemable then I reduce their threat in the most ethical humane way possible.

If I care about them and they're redeemable, I'll put for such time and resources as necessary to bring them around.

If I care about them and they're irredeemable, then I'll reduce the threat they pose in the most ethical, humane way possible and do what I can to allow them to live some kind of life.

If I don't care about them and they're redeemable, then I'll let them do their thing and if we face off, inb4 Crux, then we face off.

If I don't care about them and they're irredeemable, then one way or another, it's dinner time.

>If they're irredeemable then I reduce their threat in the most ethical humane way possible.
Bah, ignore that. That was rolled into the four answers below.

Son of a bitch. Okay, yeah.
I'm aware of contractions. English is not always consistent.
I sear to god this language's quirks drive me insane. So /it/ can be considered correct, but is archaic or something?

Yes, I like being the mysterious questgiver.
And merchant that is somehow everywhere.
And sometimes just a stranger running a hole in the wall restaurant.

There's honestly not a lot of settings where I'd want to be the protagonist unless it's one of those crafting/exploration games like Terraria, minecraft, and Slime Rancher.

>I sear to god this language's quirks drive me insane. So /it/ can be considered correct, but is archaic or something?
It doesn't matter. As far as Standard English goes, Oxford's word is law.

>English is not always consistent.
I know man, I know.

As a foreign language speaker, this language drives me mad sometimes. Especially its exceptions. Fuck those exceptions.

I'm just glad it's not as flowery as my native language.

Contractions are fairly consistent. Let’s try changing to it is.
>It is a nice day outside.
>The cat is dirty. It is fur is matted.

English sucks, yeah. Just remember that I before E except after C, but oh wait that's bullshit and there are more exceptions than there are words that follow the rule, even when you include the "when sounding like A" part.

What Vaults can actually produce out the gate is left pretty vague throughout the series. You've got a loyal population of educated dwellers you can train for skilled labor or other pursuits. The Vault itself has the ability to produce more varieties of jumpsuits (and weatherproof gear) from its dispensers beside the bare essentials assuming you have the proper codes, which are only provided by a GECK apparently. There's a lot of space and quality metal in a Vault you can repurpose for the production or manufacturing of goods though, you could probably make a killing off of machined and replacement parts people just can't scavenge anymore. You could also go in the opposite direction, all Vaults rely at least on hydroponics to produce food grown from pre-war seedstocks and potentially aquaculture as well. Vault grown fresh non-irradiated fruit and vegetables would be luxury goods people in Vegas would pay a fortune for, seafood even more so.
The Sierra Madre Vending Machines are just legitimate hax though.
>The vending machine is in fact a self-contained matter transformation device. It can recreate any item (limited by the templates stored in its memory) by using Sierra Madre chips as a battery and source of raw material for the created goods. It can also take certain items and transform them back into Sierra Madre chips. Selection is made through a holographic interface that displays the item being purchased.
>The machine demonstrates something astounding about pre-War civilization. As the chips are not some form of nanotech feedstock, but simple alloys of common and fissionable elements (see Coin Operator), the machines use nuclear fission/fusion to process this material not only into tools, but edible food and even prescription chems. They demonstrate that civilization was on the cusp of unimaginable prosperity when the bombs fell; a truly great height from which to fall.

Just remember, contractions function almost identically to the full two-word phrase, but are only appropriate in some places in a sentence. It’s one of the weird quirks of this language we’ve.
Just saying, if I could change it, I'd.

From last thread

Alterworld by d rus, there is a pretty low cost perk that is sort of like a path to victory for therapying people. It shows you what you have to do to rehab them.

Batnam Ninja Anime jump when?

English is a bastard of two different language groups. Romance & Germanic. It has to do with the fact that England was invaded by the Normans whom spoke French. Eventually English took up a lot of the Romance pronounciations & spellings. It didn’t help that there was a great vowel switch eventually.

Hehe

some time next year i'd imagine

What jumps do you use to start a chain other than Pokemon?

Here’s the full thing:
>Contractions function almost identically to the full two-word phrase, but are only appropriate in some places in a sentence. It’s one of the weird quirks of this language we’ve.

>Just saying, if I could change it, I'd.

>A lot of people don't feel stress when reading this, except for my sister. She'd.

>Do you know how weird that's.

>It's what it's.

>I can't convey how uncomfortable I'm.

>Will I continue to use the English language after this? I'll.

>What a great person you're.

>I'll've you know, I find this disturbing.

>You've to stop posting this sort of thing.

>This is the linguistic equivalent of walking down the stairs and expecting one more step than there's.

>I've'nt

>I think, therefore I'm

>How could you've done this?!

I really want to write a character who speak like this now.

>I've'nt
That one physically hurts.

Ya'll'd've fallen behind the curve.

Y'all'd'nt've a reason to be here if I'dn't've done the thing.

English is a frakenstenian language. Prescriptivists made it worse by trying to make it follow the rules of a different language.

English is the bastard child of the greater languages of its time. Left to fend for itself, English survived the only way it could: though violence. When other, weaker languages were alone in the dark, English would rough them up and take a few words, maybe a bit of syntax, and then let them go on their way.

Once English grew up and realized it was one of the biggest kids on the block, it stopped caring about propriety and mugged other languages in broad daylight. English has so many exceptions, because English grew up on the streets. It learned that might makes right, and if other languages weren't going to protect their nouns, verbs, and syntax, then English may as well take them.

Do not fuck with English, it is hungry, it is angry, and it is ultimately insatiable.

Yeah, the Big MT's tech is pretty crazy. Which makes sense, given that another name for the Big Mountain region of Arizona is "Black Mesa".

Is there any chance you could make it so anyone you teach the skills you make with Advancing Art also get the effect of Sole Heir perk and it continues to those they teach too? Asking as otherwise someone could just copy/steal the moves you just gave to your disciple/student.

Who is your oldest companion in age /jc/?

Tiki, she was already older then me when I got her as a companion, and given that she's practically been with me since the beginning she is still technically older then I am.

Age begins to matter a whole lot less when all your companions are immortal.

Sure. One at a time though. It's meant for a sole heir after all.

>Southern Taek-Gyun (600 CP): The other of the two most powerful physical arts, Southern Taek-Gyun can be used to read their opponents' ki, and disperse it, allowing for incredible defense, and terrifying offense against those who use supernatural enemies.
>terrifying offense against those who use supernatural enemies.
What were you trying to type here?

Oh hey, thanks user, that's really good.

My first companion, who's a little over 40 years younger than I am.

Alright thanks for this. Also Reunion Officer Candidate is the only one that doesn't have discounted next to it.

NiGHTS, probably. We're not told exactly how long Wizeman and his creations have been around, but they'd have to have been around for a long time since nightmares have existed for so long. Even if NiGHTS is his newest creation, that would still make her really old.

>supernatural energies
Is what I meant.
Fixed.

What jumps can get me an excalibur?

Probably my first ones, met them in my second Gauntlet

King Arthur.

Fool! There is no jump but Soul Eater for that!

Is someone working on an Undertale AU jump? I thought I saw one mentioned in the archive.

So, last thread some people were saying how EU Force powers got really crazy at the high ends? Like, TK on the scale of crushing planets and moving black holes? Is that actually a thing? Because if so, damn, that's pretty fucking powerful.

Which AU?

So, uh, what's the deal with For My Veritas? It doesn't seem on par with the other capstones, let alone for no discount.

(ﺧ益ﺨ)

Someone was working on it, but I think they dropped it.

Storyshift, I believe? It's one of the few AUs where the story (both the main plot and the backstory) are seriously changed by the character switching.

Jumpers, what is the fastest time it took for a jump you were in to escalate without the help of drawbacks?

Because I just jumped Inheritance Cycle and am now kaiju-sized and wrestling a giant fuck-you dragon barely one hour into the jump. This is jump 17.

Is pure Ki something others are likely to notice? How would they react to its presence in me?

>EU Force powers got really crazy at the high ends?
Find a cut-off point you're comfortable with

>TK on the scale of crushing planets
Not sure about that one, but Palpatine did use lightning on the entire surface of one and certain Sith have ripped the life out of them

>moving black holes
I know Naga Sadow could cause them to go supernova, at least

Frozen. Elsa didn't last anywhere near as long as she did in the movie before snapping over people implying to her face that I, the youngest of the Arendelle siblings was more fit to rule that she was. The sting was that this was obviously true

I'm wondering if a generic Undertale AU jump would be interesting, or if the scope would be way too large for a single jump. It would also be bad if it prevented someone making a jump for a specific AU.

Considering Storyswap is on indefinite hiatus I doubt the idea for making a jump for it went very far.

On a similar note, what is everyone's favorite fanfics of less mainstream properties? We all know about the Naruto and Harry Potter and Fate stuff, but what about the rest? The good Gravity Falls and Undertale fanfics, stuff like that.

My time in Code Geass got progressively more out of control as it went on. By the end of it, I was leading a legion of Angel spawn against the combined armies of the world, who were led by Lelouch and had access to all the Knights of the Round, the Black Knights, and some really advanced Knightmares. They also had Force powers, thanks to me, though they didn't know that.

I was about to win when Nunnally used her Force powers to communicate with me and 'calm' me. The whole situation started when a city was slaughtered on top of my resting place, which admittedly drove me berserk, so she believed that I was only angry at all the suffering and death. She calmed me down, and my army and I went back to our 'slumber'.

Oh, okay, thanks user.

Probably too broad. A lot of the AUs are really, really different.

Is it on indefinite hiatus? Damn, that's a shame, I was really looking forward to the Omega Flowey fight and True Pacifist ending.

>Undertale fanfics
Dreemurr Reborn: Frisk fuses with Asriel after a True Pacifist run as a last ditch attempt to save him. Will have a fangame to cover the ending of that story.
The Thought: Sans absorbs all of the human souls, including Frisk's, to break the barrier. The comic deals with the fallout.
Dogs of Future Past: Frisk and Flowey travel back in time in an attempt to save Gaster.
Handplates: Gaster tortures young Sans and Papyrus, the flashback.
Glitchtale: Glitches in the timeline give everyone a happy ending. Happy ending is ripped away.

Is there any reason why For My Veritas is so expensive? It seems pretty lackluster.

So the Sole Heir can only be passed on once per jump right?

Jumpers, if you had to pick one "theme" or "focus" for your chain, what would it be? Such as tech, magic, psionics, martial arts, etc.

>The only way one my copy your abilities
>through which a martial artist. Cultivates
their Ki.

The one I keep settling on is 'mythological hero'. Stuff like super strength, doing the impossible, being a god or related to various ones, etc. I've found that mythology in general tends to be a good inspiration for Jumpchain when it comes to both feats and how a much-stronger character would interact with 'mortals' incognito.

Hawaiian Dicking

"Annoying fights". My entire build is focused around buffing myself and allies, debuffing enemies, and having so many immunities, resistances, and weird interactions with attacks (like Rolling Counter from Mother, or HP bar perks in general) that to try to oppose me is an exercise in frustration at best. If you get out of a fight with me alive, you leave with a resolve to never fight me again. Not because I'm scary, but because it can't possibly be worth the hassle.

Psychically attuned bio-magitech.

That's a hell of a theme mate.

Kamen Rider: Gem Fusion.

Oh the ideas I have.

high magic, low tech

Have you ever dicked a Hawaiian? If not, you may not be aware what you're signing up for.

You can't fool me, that's a sexy witchblade milf. ... Unless you're saying you've discovered a way to turn Kamen Riders into sexy gem powered witchblade milfs. If that is the case, then I want all the details. All of them.