Survival Gear

What sort of survival gear would an agent bring and stash in case they needed it, when traveling off-world in a Stargate-like setting with similar level technology?
As in, modern technology peppered with various sci-fi tools with practical limits.

Also, we could post any cool gear images we might have. I know there was a whole series one artist did.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tYcPMs_b0CU
thomatkinson.com/inventories
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Water purification would be a big deal.

I would add an off road bicycle. In the show they walk everywhere because it is cheaper to film but you don't have to follow that. A motorcycle can carry more stuff but then you have the problem of finding fuel and it is louder.

Vapor canteen

A canteen that pulls in water vapor, takes a few hours but eventually you get a drink.

Picks, axes, and entrenching tools are super nice.

A gun that is great at weather(nuggets or AK's)

4 knives.

Rope, lots of rope

Future granola bars.

>Water purification would be a big deal.
Definitely.
Transporting your own water is unfeasible.

>I would add an off road bicycle.
Obtaining local transportation is a good idea, but the idea is a portable, concealable pack.

>Vapor canteen
Neat.

>entrenching tool, rope, knives
Classic

>A gun that is great at weather(nuggets or AK's)
Submersible tranq gun

>Future granola bars.
Tasty idea.

Walkers and exosuits are nice as well.

Or a horse.

To what end? Going off mission for a little while? Going completely off the reservation?

>4 knives
Combat/utility knife
Backup combat/utility knife
Backup backup combat/utility knife
Skinning knife
Machete
Concealed carry knife (In case of hostile locals)
Bait concealed carry knife to give up if they search you
Emergency rectal knife if they find the first two hidden knives
Bayonet for your gun
I just really like knives, man.

> not having a punch blade taped under your shaved/waxed scrotum
Do you even concealed carry?

>To what end? Going off mission for a little while? Going completely off the reservation?
Emergency supplies in case something goes wrong on a mission.
Not necessarily stuff you would need on a regular mission, but might if you needed to escape to an unfamiliar world.

*ACHOO!*
"Well, I guess I'm circumcised now."

You don't need a wiener if you have enough knives. Become the knife. Ve the knife. Be the edge.

alcohol and space cigarettes for trade

several hundred feet of light rope or heavy cord

a slim-line or latine machete with a really thick spine(works well as a combat weapon)

1 large knife(4-6 inches) backup melee can be used as a spear when tied to stick

1 small knife(2-4 inches) for simple cutting tasks

a compass(worlds with consistent magnetic phenomena only)

a rifle of medium or light power, ideally a takedown rifle with any leftover space in the pack dedicated to ammo
>youtube.com/watch?v=tYcPMs_b0CU
>as an example of a good take-down weapon

a water filter-pump and canteen

a high strength light tarp mottled in the colors of the local flora/geography(check IR and UV reflection, non water-permeable, for shelter)

small cooking pot(boiling water is a powerful thing) and a SPOON

a small fishing kit(if near water) a few small wire-snares(if not near fishable water)

a general survival manual with annotations or a notes section pertaining specifically to the place you are leaving the pack

A CONSISTENT MEANS OF PRODUCING FIRE

a digging tool

a really big towel in a tough plastic bag(being a hoopy frood that you are, and because its also a blanket)

alternative-power lights(shake-lights, crank powered lights)

several RATED carabiners in aluminum or titanium(pulley-beaners sized for your rope work best)

a pair of clean handcercheifs in contrasting colors

a signal mirror

a belt of pouches/clips/buckles

>concealable pack.
how small is "concealable"
pic related is a good pack and could be left inside a buried piece of plastic pipe.
whats more, the piece of pipe can be useful because containers almost always are

>how small is "concealable"
Able to be buried without a large investment of time.

Give me a few pounds of dynamite and I can "conceal" a car for you, in that case.

Fair enough.

so pic in is a pretty good idea for "largest possible thing" you could bury it shallow and dig it up with bare hands.

yes, but can you dig it back up again without the dynamite?

- antibacterial soap
- bandage
- sunscreen
- bug repellent
- fungicidal powder
- eye ointment
- antiseptic ointment
- anti-chap lipstick
- signal mirror
- waterproof matches and flint
- water receptacle, plastic
- candle;
- fishing kit
- sewing kit
- candy
- bouillon cubes
- salt tablets
- water purification tablets
- arrowhead

"Without the dynamite", he says. Like I'm some kinda amateur who doesn't bring enough boom for both jobs. The fuck I ever do to you, make you wound me so, insult my skills?

Were you a Boy Scout, user? The only people I've camped with who pack that much medicine and seasoning were Boy Scouts.

no. I went camping in a jungle environment and suffered a shitton because reasons.

Thanks asia.

These were very helpful.

Story?

>he might be,
I'm an eagle and I feel dumb for forgetting first aid inhe does have a point AND a lot of that first aid stuff could fit in a smallish pouch or case.

bacterial bullshit brigade?

trench-foot troubles?

>A canteen that pulls in water vapor, takes a few hours but eventually you get a drink.
These don't actually work in real life. The principle behind them is technically sound, but the volume of air that has to pass through them in order to collect a useful amount of water is much too great for it to ever be practical.

Also it requires electrical power.

It works perfectly well, combined with a form of cold fusion.

Well thank you all for your input.
It was very useful for this thing that I am running that I dare not speak of in these hallowed halls.

This is "Bug Out Bag" material. Look on youtube hundreds of videos.

>I know there was a whole series one artist did.
You mean the one where he assembled gear from different times / places? I only have the ones from the middle ages, but here is the original gallery: thomatkinson.com/inventories

You're not about to make a F.A.T.A.L. mistake, are you?

>You're not about to make a F.A.T.A.L. mistake, are you?
Dear lord, no.
I rolled way too low on my anal circumference to handle that.
Nothing so... interesting?

I am running a Quest.

I meant the ones like pic related.
Can't find the specific ones.
But that is damn cool.

t. food dude

>t. frood dude
Damn autocorrect

I went camping to Taiwan and Malaysia on two different occasions. Both were real short term jaunts but I learned a crap load from being in a jungle environment as compared to a woodland in North America. Malaysia trip was absolutely miserable as it was completely muddy and my clothes were completely dirty by the end of the first day. So after three days of being dirty, sweaty and miserable I went back to the house I was staying in and promised never again without proper gear. The Taiwan trip was more bearable because I followed better advice and purchased local clothing and equipment to supplement my own stuff. Thank you dinky side shack sock seller.

One of the major lessons was clothing. Clothing either has to be 100% synthetic (Polyester or nylon, i prefer polyester for clothing, nylon for equipment) or at least 50% or more outside of cotton. Cotton retains moisture and can cause problems with the foot and body. Keeping dry is a must. If your shoes get wet and you cant dry them, you will get problems with fungus or bacteria. Full length pants or shirts are recommended using a rip stop fabric.

Insects and critters in jungles are poisonous and the only time I encountered a real deadly thing was caterpillar with poison spikes on it. I was warned about very toxic spiders and centipedes but never saw any. Pack a mosquito net and some repellent. I packed the green coils to burn but they tend to break easily. Also bring a shitton of cig lighters to light the coils. Coils are effective but are essentially green colored cancer releasers.

I just realized that the last four panels could be a fine end to Breath of the Wild

PAGE 11 BUMP

This thread is inspiring me; do any anons have recommendations for websites to browse/buy innawoods-type stuff?

not really

a lot of this stuff you can look at walking your nearest Out-doors store, if they're a thing in your region, look for local Gun-Shows they have SHITTONS of stuff.