Are there any rpg's that can properly replicate superpower wiki superpowers? So far I can only think of Risus

Are there any rpg's that can properly replicate superpower wiki superpowers? So far I can only think of Risus.

Other urls found in this thread:

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Meta_Combat
vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Tiering_System
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Omnilock
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Four_Horsemen_Physiology
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Metapotence
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimate_Invincibility
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Absolute_Condition
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Monotheistic_Deity_Physiology
twitter.com/AnonBabble

GURPS should be able to.

fate, because p l o t is an important aspect and that's more important than just numbers

Would Strike! work

Wild Talents could probably handle most of them.

Marvel Heroic.

No.

>Wild Talents should work.

there's a brasillian system, 3d&t alpha (defenders of tokyo third edition alpha), that should do it

Gurps has an inordinate amount of pages spent on making super powers work.

Hero system, Mutants & Masterminds

I don't see why M&M wouldn't work

Here's an example.

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Meta_Combat

Well for starters you'd need a system that doesn't even try to enforce balance. If you take all possible powers and force them to be roughly equally effective most powers will end up not being what they're supposed to be and some can't get modeled at all.

I think risus would work good.

[meta-combat] for example would be an actual character trait, and you would have to actually roll for your powers.

You could balance it using the vs battle tier system
vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Tiering_System

A strength based damage effect, and liberal use of power stunts as needed. EZ as fuck.

Here's some more
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Omnilock
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Four_Horsemen_Physiology

And my personal favorite
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Metapotence

"Not much going on today. Guess I'll punch God in the face."
"What?"
"I mean, fucker's omnipresent, right? Makes for an easy target."
"Technically, but..."
"I'll just use extra effort to give my fist the ability to affect incorporeal. Or make an attack that affects God specifically."

It'd take probably some discussion with your GM, but applying a trans dimensional advantage to your strength could allow you to use Meta-Combat or just moving to a reality/dimension that allows you to fight such concepts as it affects your character.

it may require you be able to perceive such [another power] but an example of a dimension in HERO could be the Macroverse [I.e planets are marbles to you] so you can go full Gurren Lagann

Puh-lease. M&M doesn't even make unresistable attacks possible.

Four Horsemen Physiology would literally be a character you make in its entirety. Omnilock would just be extra dimensional movement to outside the universe/everything which is hard as balls to overcome... kinda useless, but it has its uses.

Meta-potence would probably be a cosmic power pool with certain limitations of meta-potence. HERO isn't a system that deals with infinites, it deals with numbers and alot of them. you wouldn't use this as a character... but I suppose meta-combat could fight it.

Insubstantial 4, Concealment 10.
A bunch of whateverthefuck you want that to do. Damage and afflictions, maybe? You're describing a character's power source there, not an individual power.
Variable.

You fool! God is omnipresent! His fist is ALREADY in your face! You've lost, man, lost.

It's almost like it's a good system!

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimate_Invincibility
powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Absolute_Condition

Not fit for any game system. That said, a 220 or so point Immunity should cover all five saves.
Just throw your entire point budget into abilities. Man that was easy.

The thing about fighting god is that, yes you can metafight him but
1) he has that same power, and
2) he is the strongest person physically by leagues

Its not possible to define ultimate invincibility, as there can always be something created to counter that form of defense in one way or another apart from just putting alotta points in alotta differant defense types.

Absolute condition is simple by its premise, just be the highest point character in the setting. Even a 500 point human with all of his points dumped into physical and mental stats is this compared to his species. This shit isn't a crappy White Wolf game where every power is absolute in its nature and very little can resist them. But yes, nothing stops you from making a godly strong/durable/quick human like Saitama, but those numbers have limits... but I doubt any normal person could measure them.

Saitama has both of those powers, he is completely incalculable by m&m standards, as shown by the mask that kid genius has.

I could however, stat him with risus
Ultimate invincibility [6d30] and Absolute Condition [6d30]

Noblis for the retarded stuff

And I can stat him in M&M with the three letters "PL X" and have a better idea of how to handle him as a NPC.

The problem with a number based system is the fact that if you want to copy X, you need numbers.

sides these high power concepts you never really play as because they require point levels beyond normal campaigns. its just a case of scale.

The thing about risus is that stats scale with speed.

Superman has completely different difficulties than Superman gold prime.

For example gold prime could effortlessly destroy a planet, whereas destroying a planet would be a challenging challenge.

The answer to any question is GURPS can do it. It should not be, but it is.

>2) he is the strongest person physically by leagues

Source

Mutants and Masterminds

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Monotheistic_Deity_Physiology

Notice he has perfection.

Why the fuck are you trying to stat someone whose shtick is "better than anyone at everything"?

He basically got that through metapotence.

The rest is just icing.

>Are there any rpg's that can properly replicate superpower wiki superpowers?
No. Some of the more mundane ones are easy to portray in most systems, but a lot of them are abstract to the point of being nonsensical, almost entirely undefined, or both. The closest thing you're likely to find is one of those super-generic one-size-fits-all systems with mechanics that cover everything by resembling nothing.

>So far I can only think of Risus.
Right, like that. A system where there's basically no connection between the mechanics and what they represent apart from your odds of success (by some arbitrary undefined metric) and MAYBE the relative difficult of any given task (by a similarly arbitrary situational metric).

So yeah, the best way to represent meaningless "powers" is with meaningless "stats".

The trick about risus is to get rid of the stretch rules.

Thereby making the game more serious and different powers meaningful.