WATCH THE FINALE OF CRITICAL ROLE GONNA BE EPIC says Veeky Forums and reddit

>WATCH THE FINALE OF CRITICAL ROLE GONNA BE EPIC says Veeky Forums and reddit
>okay whatever I'm giving this show a chance
>final battle, some lol so randumb gnome bard counterspells a demigod
>the demigod doesn't counterspell the counterspell even though is 100% allowed by the rules because "reasons"
>some roastie playing a druid has a concentration spell, gets hit constantly, not a single concentration roll

It felt so fucking cheap how they defeated the BBEG after years of playing, some roastie forgetting her concentration checks and some shit DM who on purpose plays suboptimally the villain to either make it easier or because "muh rule of cool".

Why does Veeky Forums even likes this piece of crap show?

I'm sorry your thread made it all the way to page 2 without getting any replies, OP.

I guess that no one watched it.

Yah, that's Critical Role for you. I watched the whole thing through the finale and you summed up why I finally got tired of it. It's moronic.

Also the FUCKING CONCENTRATION CHECKS.

Pretty sure anyone from Veeky Forums would tell you this show is only watched for the voice actors. You were warned about the awful players and shit DMing through the complaints everyone has during every thread. Most of the players can't handle the rules or even be bothered to remember their own spells.

Besides the real finale is Keyleth confronting the Raven Queen to save Vax

>roastie
Opinion discarded.

>letting the "real" finale have anything to do with keyleth
ugh

Popularity is mutually exclusive with being good. If it's popular it's boring drivel that appeals to the lowest common denominator. If it's good it's too focused to have a wide reach. Especially when it comes to table top avoid popular stuff, because it means it's aimed at entry level "i'm so nerdy xd" normies as they now outnumber the neckbeards.

>taking the piece of metal out of OP's hand and putting it in your mouth
Yikes.

>Marisha had 20 minutes to decide on what to do on her turn and was never ready
>Marisha cheated
>Marisha stole the spotlight from Sam

remove her

Cuckville cried recounting the episode

Marisha, Marisha, Marisha!

Cuckville is obnoxious like that, I didn't even watch his video for that exact reason.

I was actually about to start on Critical Role because I'm never going to get a group for roleplaying together so I might at least try to relive my unrequited love for the hobby through this medium, but 3 hours an episode seems like quite a lot. Can I just listen to it like a podcast?

You're in luck, they are working on a podcast right now.

It's somewhere, just google "CriticalRole Podcast" or something. I'm fairly certain they haven't done all 114 episodes, but there should be enough to get you started.

Also, it starts out pretty rough, and doesn't pick up until ep. 28, though you may want to listen to ep. 18-22 to hear about some common recurring guests.

Jeez, around 140 [based on an average game of 5 hours] hours before it gets out of the rought spot?

Don't speak those words to me, user.

Most of the reason why people recommend skipping the first 20-ish episodes is that it's a combination of audio issues getting ironed out and the rest of the cast getting used to the adjustment from a home game to a streamed/recorded game.

It also has a large presence of a "That Guy" who eventually leaves at/around ep. 25.

Why is he cuckville now? He's helped improve my DMing capabilities 10 fold. When does Veeky Forums turn on people they recommend me less then a year ago. Or is this just an outlier situation?

>Pretty sure anyone from Veeky Forums would tell you this show is only watched for the voice actors.
And that's still a very weird motivation. Voice actors still need scripts and directors to be able to do their job. None of these people are nearly as witty as the fans make them out to be, especially because they can't to ad hoc OR improve to save their lives.

having high expectations from the show is poor form
it's just a bunch of friends shitting around and playing dnd, it's not scripted (beyond the story mercer makes), they're all just hanging out

your weekly sessions probably wouldn't be great to watch either

I dunno. regardless of what you think of him, it is pretty funny and catchy

>unironically watching Crit. Roll
It's stupid shit, it's for normalfucks who think RPGs are all about "le ebin natural 20" and laughing hysterically. Holy fucking shit, the amount of retarded sperg laughter makes me want to drive my fist through the wall whenever I listen to it. If I was in a Liam Neeson situation where there were armed men coming to take me and I needed to get psyched up to kill, I would just watch about 30 minutes of Critical Role and their stupid fucking laughter would be enough to whip me into a blood frenzy. The cunts are the worst, they are airheaded, stupid pieces of shit, lack self-awareness, they are everything that is wrong with women, they are why I gave up on dating because every cunt I met for coffee was so goddamn fucking boring I wanted to kill myself. Left one of them with the check once and just went to my car and drove home and deleted her number and facebook. Also Matt Mercer is hardly a good DM, given the amount of work he has to put into this. For fuck's sake I barely prep sometimes and I DM as well as him, description and everything. The only thing he has is a good voice. He looks like a greasy skater fuck, too. His hair is trash. Marisha whatever-her-name-is is so fucking stupid she's a prime example of why eugenics should make a comeback. And thanks to Critical Roll, I now have to DM for hordes of normoniggers and roasties who come into the store. I wanted to run fucking Curse of Strahd and figured I'd help out the FLGS at the same time and now I'm fucking trapped in hell. These pieces of shit come in two groups: video game autists who treat it all like a video game, and normos who don't even understand what's going on, but they liked a bunch of critical role nat20 pages on Tumblr and upvotes nat20 stories on Reddit so now they're nerds and shit. I am so sick of players saying "lol I just rolled a CRIT on my spot check" well it's a 23 but it doesn't matter cause I rolled a CRIT.

And yet here you are, hammering away at your keyboard on a Laotian quilting rack in all your impotent rage.

don't reply to obvious copypasta

Because I need to let out the sheer rage from having been forced to watch a full hour of it by my dumbfuck friend who doesn't want to watch anything else. Of course, he's got 3 kids now like a good little cuck so he doesn't have time to play anymore, just sit around watching critical roll. I bet most of the viewers are of similar ilk.

Honestly, I'm here a lot and I've never seen Veeky Forums recommend Critical Role.

People who use the word "roastie" un-ironically deserve to be throatpunched unconscious.

People who use the word "throatpunch" unironically need to exercise more.

Marisha is intensely obnoxious, even in the older episodes. She never knows her shit, she asks everyone if she should do things, her RP is atrocious, she leans on the fact she's fucking Matt way too much, and she's not very bright.

Because faggots like to say 'cuck'.

In case you haven't noticed most of this board has absolutely shit taste

I thought it was a fun watch.

This is pasta, right?

It's not that weird of a motivation. You watch someone like Sam or Travis who almost never needs a script to do what they do. They're just in a relaxed mood so their acting wouldn't be at their best/ Most people would end up watching just to see what another group of friends do and compare it to their own friend group. or have a friend simulator

Marisha is the only one who will never improve anyway

Because he's made videos crying about feminism and women.

Did anyone see his massive reddit rant about permabanning anyone that criticizes his appearance, because safe spaces or something?

His videos about DM'ing are great however.

It's tragic just how little she improved, in-character and out. From the beginning of the show all the way to the end, she never learned her spells, the most basic shit about action/bonus action/movement, and Keyleth was even worse. Even after accomplishing her not!Avatar journey, she was still the same awkward bumblefuck she stumbled into the scene as in the first episode.

Even if she plays a barbarian next game, I am not looking forward to it.

That's my biggest issue with Marisha, she didn't put forth any effort to improve. Yet people will still come out of the wood work to defend her tooth and nail.

I don't watch CR, but I imagine the only fun to be had in actually watching someone play D&D would be the characters and story. Which is why I guess voice actors are perfect for it.

I don't think people are really in it for the mechanics.

>watching OTHER people roleplay
There's very few things more cucky than this honestly.

Who's Cuckville?

OP, quit trying to bring "roastie" back. It's dead, leave it.

By that standard you better not watch any form of media :^)

>"lol I just rolled a CRIT on my spot check" well it's a 23 but it doesn't matter cause I rolled a CRIT.
and that, ladies and gentlemen, is D&D.

CR is for people that don't actually play. So most of Veeky Forums

I play twice a week in two different campaigns for the past few years.

Why would I want to watch other people do it?

found the roastie

No it isn't. It's memes.

Listen to the Acquisitions Inc. Podcasts

>watching other people play games
Admit it, user, you just have no friends.

Arby's is well aware of which is the better show.

So true. TAZ cringe is much more honest and well earned.

who did you just culturally apropriate that picture of a black women?

I want to culturally appropriate her posterior and fll it with my white passing Latino privilege as reparations for being forced to sometimes hear rap music from passing cars.

/tg told you to watch it?
Are you sure we weren't trying to fuck with you?

>we

They're the same people who call Marisha and Keyleth both "badass".
She's not badass, she's an anorexic redhead who's a 6/10 on a good day.

Don't forget she's a drunk, a stoner, and responsible for all the SJW content on Geek & Sundry since she's something like the content director.

I mean they are all SJWs, it's California.

Travis and Laura don't strike me as such. If they are, they know not to virtue-signal that fact unlike every other idiot on G&S

Everyone on the cast is at bare minimum west-coast liberals, but how SJW they read is going to be reliant on how much tolerance you have for that particular brand of politics.

What is a "roastie"?

Women with high androgen levels which makes them standoffish, manly, sexually perverse and have over-pronounced labia sizes.

girls who have had so much sex their vaginal lips look like roast beef

Isn't this a podcast or vlog or something? How do you guys know their labia size??

You can tell by looking at someone, honestly. It's something in the eyes.

Either way, it gets used as an insult because there's much else that has such a hilarious effect on female posters' mental state.

Oh it's a debate tactic!

It gets used as an insult because this subreddit is filled with angry woman hating virgins.

I feel G&S was always pretty SJW, before Marisha stepped in it was dying though, and to be honest, the only thing truly keeping it afloat regardless is Critical Role. Marisha can try taking all the credit she likes, but Matt is truly the company's savior.

>How to spot a Marisha Whiteknight Redditor

>subreddit
Go back.

Trying too hard

>WATCH THE FINALE OF CRITICAL ROLE GONNA BE EPIC says Veeky Forums
Things that never happened thread?

>WATCH THE FINALE OF CRITICAL ROLE GONNA BE EPIC says Veeky Forums and reddit
>Realize they're playing D&D with some wholesome good old D&Drone brand railroading thanks to shaky moronic rules
>Close it ASAP

There are very conservative areas of Cali, but being that they're all actors i'd argue that you're probably right.

>I watched the whole thing through the finale
>I finally got tired of it.
....This is bait, right?
If you watched the entire show, then no, you didn't get tired of it - you watched the whole fucking show.
Oh, I'm sorry, am I being autistic about a really odd point? Kinda like the main gripes I'm hearing, isn't it?

Why did he cry upon using 9th level spell?

>Go play GURPS
>Nobody wants to play fucking GURPS

Because for some reason they think Matt wasn't pulling his punches like he always does. The bigger question is why the fuck did the fight basically turn into a Spellcaster dicksucking match.

He wanted to use "Wish" to return Vax to life, as he is currently a revenant and should have fallen dead the instant they killed Vecna.

Maybe the Chadonborn making off with a part of Vecna put a moratorium on that revenant thing. Who knows?

Oh, that explains why he apologize to him. Matt did look surprised when Sam casted at level 9.
What punch? There can only be dice.

There's still nothing stopping him from taking a long rest and wishing him back that way. It was drama for drama's sake.

Generally speaking i'd assume keeping someone from a God would be easier than taking them back from a God, in the same way that keeping a pane of glass together is easier than putting a pane of glass back together.

>the demigod doesn't counterspell the counterspell even though is 100% allowed by the rules because "reasons"

is no one going to counter this point? You can only cast 1 spell a turn unless the other spell is a bonus action cantrip

It all depends on the edition.

and they're playing 5th edition, which is why I gave the 5th edition rules, buddy

I mean Travis rips on Laura all the time, which is not SJW friendly

So it's a Red head slut....I'm failing to see why this is a bad thing
Don't get me wrong I don't like Marisha but I'd take her to pound town any time.

Well there were anons looking forward to characters dropping

Yes, I'm going to counter your point:

You can cast as much spells on your turn as you have actions, unless you cast BA spell, then you're limited to cantrips.

Counterspell is a reaction

Got a source for that friendo?

Daily reminder

Sure I do

p. 202 in the PHB, if you want to read the whole thing.

To add on this, turn =/= round, so you can counterspell on another players turn even if you used BA spell on your turn.
>You can't cast another spell during the same turn, except for a cantrip with a casting time of I action.
only prevents you from using reaction on your turn, like: BA spell, action cantrip, move - provoke attack AoO - can't cast shield since it's your turn.

Yep, but in the context of counterspelling a counterspell, it would happen in the your turn. But if the spell your foe is trying to counterspell isn't BA, you're golden.

Oh yeah, you are right. i was just saying.

Veeky Forums is not a single person with a solid opinion. It is hundreds of anons who have different opinions.

Well user, I had fun. Concentration checks annoyed me too though.

>It was drama for drama's sake.

It looked more like a heat of the moment thing than forced drama. Besides, it's the final episode, they're not going back.