Exactly 1/10th of all mammals in the kingdom at random gain sentience and the ability to speak

>Exactly 1/10th of all mammals in the kingdom at random gain sentience and the ability to speak
What happens?

Fucking Skaven

Would explain many a kid's cartoon and make Paw Patrol an actual campaign where 6 Awakened Dogs help save the town run by a witch with a chicken familiar, a ranger with a walrus animal companion and two awakened dogs with ranger levels that managed to have their gm allow them to have human animal companions.

Yeah, my kids watch too much of that show

Most are killed by panicky villagers who are egged on by their priests, who maintain they are possessed. A few escape this fate by playing dumb or are kept as companions by people who hide their condition. There is a brief but thriving trade in talking animals as non-locals buy or steal them to use them as sideshow curiosities or slaves.

Basically, it does not end well.

>obligatory shitpost complaining that OP doesn't know the difference between sapience and sentience

A lot of laws suddenly become very murky and a lot of degenerates suddenly become very sweaty

Ulric! UUUULLLRIIIIC! A devil bear just stole my wife!

I see six dogs in that imge.

>it's a "church is evil and god fearing folk actually think spooky things happen in vaguely medieval europe" episode

Protip: all animals (and some plants) are already sentient. To be sentient means to be able to perceive and react the world through the senses. Intelligence and abstract thought are covered by sapience.

A surge in the number of zoofags. Big fucking inter-species politics problems. Kinda like America with its fucked up ethnicity politics, but worldwide. Massive campaigns to ban the consumption of meat. Thousands of neuroscientists die from ceaseless masturbation.

They all learn that not only is life meaningless, and not only that they have a few short years since they have a lifespan of 15 years, but they have no thumbs and their short time will be nothing but suffering, and most kill themselves.

Can they still communicate to the rest of their species? Then they become ambassadors.

There are 6 main dogs (police, firefighter, construction, air rescue, sea rescue and repair and recycling) along with 2 guest stars (cold weather rescue and jungle rescue). That picture has the 6 main dogs + cold weather rescue.

But forgetting Zuma is perfectly understandable.

>Exactly 1/10th of all mammals in the kingdom at random gain sentience and the ability to speak

SAPIENCE MOTHERFUCKER
Sentience is not the same thing as sapience, how does everyone fuck this up? Dogs are already sentient, but not sapient.

Ah, thanks.

Animal husbandry gets whole another dimension.

TO THIS DAY people in rural areas panic and attack people who are different and strange. Deformed animals are killed or kept as somehow spiritual in many parts of the world. Do you really think it'd be different in the middle ages?

Why only mammals?

Ah yes, the simpleton view that every facet of humanity progresses equally in any given time. I'll let you in on a little secret, satanic fear and many forms of prejudice became present in later Renaissance and Early Modern periods. Christians of the Medieval time period were more likely to promote advancement and dismiss witchcraft and devilish power as something to be unconcerned about in god's light. If this was explicitly about a specific backwards kind of area, perhaps you would have a point, but all that was said was "a kingdom".

My nephew would play this.

Awesomeness.

Then I shall steal you the bear's wife.

OP must be a fan of the SCP Foundation.

Did you respond to the wrong post or are you just retarded? You're literally agreeing with him.

People think Jesus is sending them a sign because something vaguely similar to his face popped up on a tortilla. Let's take this a step further and have your dog start chatting you up.

You're 'this'ing an inb4? Wtf

>Dogs become capable of speech.
>24/7 of "I'm hungry", "I need to go out", "Play with me right now" and "Damn that's a hot bitch right there".

Slowpoke.jpg

Meat gets more expensive due to scares and nature preserves increase if not get introduced.

1/10th of mammal species chosen at random, or 1/10th of mammal individuals?

There was no "inb4" there. It was only greentext.

Friendly reminder that Dragonball's earth is a Universal Monarchy headed by a dog.

>it behaves as if it "thought" ANY carbon-based life is truly sentient and not just pretending
>laughingzorblaxians.jpg

Wasn't there a game like that where magical stag runs the show? Blue Rose or something.

>What happens

A few more humans finally gain sentience too.

Individuals

Do they gain the ability to take class levels? What about Templates?

>The ghosts of all my old hamsters and fish come back to haunt me, ensuring I will never sleep again