Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1794: Exalted Charms Aren't Spells Though Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1oiAia0X2nat-1dNVPC-4BqYqN_3uJ8MsCW9L6UOQqLI/edit
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Daniel_(Honest_Hearts)
youtube.com/watch?v=xvcst06OvZ4
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Frank_Horrigan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stop trying to trigger people.

-------
Also, does anybody have a good list of
>A. Teaching Perks (Preferably that transfer perks to other people | But really any will do)

>B. Perks to uncap stats and skills like Limit Break from Generic Isekai or Ordinary Man from Fate/Grand Order

docs.google.com/document/d/1oiAia0X2nat-1dNVPC-4BqYqN_3uJ8MsCW9L6UOQqLI/edit

>docs.google.com/document/d/1oiAia0X2nat-1dNVPC-4BqYqN_3uJ8MsCW9L6UOQqLI/edit
Thank you :D

What did you do with this self centered whiner?

What's wrong with him?

Didn't we already have a thread with this name before. I mean, blatant bait aside, we've done this before. Why do it again?

He's lazy but wants replies.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Daniel_(Honest_Hearts)

He wants to evacuate the Sorrows, who are a tribe dealing with an invasion of another tribe, instead of having them defend themselves.

Because

>He's had two other tribes fight to defend themselves and died, and he's looking to redeem himself more than actually caring about the Sorrows.

>Thinks the Sorrows should remain pure and innocent (they're a tribe of adults who haven't really fought in the past) and not fight back, instead evacuating.

>Knows that he may lose more Sorrows evacuating than if they fight back to defend themselves but that's a sacrifice "he's" willing to make, indicating he cares more for himself than he does the Sorrows. Note that Daniel is not part of the Sorrows, so he's making a decision that doesn't really affect him or is his to truly make, that will get a bunch of them killed, so he can solve his own personal problems.

Someone is bored, and opted to go fishing?

He gets a bad end no matter what you do, so nothing.

So, like, there's this nature preserve in Fallout New Vegas, right? Alarmingly untouched by the bombs, like, totally pristine wilderness.
And some tribals are living there and they're total pacifists in harmony with nature and hippy indian good times.

And there's these OTHER tribals, who are kinda-sorta working for Caesar, and they are complete fucktards who found an old weapons depo and they just destroy and ruin everything they come across. They are literally destroying this last bastion of natural resources salt-the-earth style because fuck it. And of course they're tearing through the pacifist hippie commune because of course they are.

But on the native tribal's side is Joshua Graham, and Joshua is like the biggest badass in the entire Fallout canon, barring maybe-possibly Frank Horrigan, who is dead and therefore not part of this discussion.
And Joshua is all like "We must militarize and kill the interlopers." And a bunch of the native tribals are totally on board with this, because Joshua is just that fucking badass.

But Daniel there, Daniel doesn't want the natives to lose their "innocence", and wants the to stay pacifists, and run away.
And it's up to you to decide who is right and who to help.

So.
Running away means the enemy tribe completely destroys the preserve and renders it basically uninhabitable, because they're fucknuts. Afterwards Daniel has bad dreams because he allowed this super rare precious thing in the post-apocalypse to be destroyed.
Siding with Josh means you completely destroy the enemy tribe -- and to be clear: Joshua doesn't fucking need your help. He'll destroy the entire tribe on his own as long as you're backing his decision, and you can just twiddle his thumbs. But afterwards the natives become more militarized (to what extent depending on your interactions with Joshua), and Daniel is sad.

Daniel is ALWAYS sad.

Not him, but we've had an "Exalted Charms Aren't Magic Though Edition". Don't think we've had one for spelsls yet.

Alright Jumpchain what is your favorite Gun
Not your most powerful just your favorite

Mine is the DW-240 Nitro Revolver from Transmetropolitan, a .753 caliber revolver firing glass projectiles which break in
the body, releasing liquid nitrogen into the new cavity.

Tell him to take a suck and redeem Joshua.

Well, we've had one similar Edition title which was objectively wrong. Hopefully this one which is almost undeniably not wrong will foster some decent discussion.

Same thing I did in game, forgot he existed.

"take a suck"?

I have a soft spot for the ZF1. Is it stupid? Yes. It is magnificent? Also yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=xvcst06OvZ4

Basically, Get fucked.

What does it mean?

I just want to say that I really enjoy your reviews and breakdown of things. They're both informative and entertaining

>barring maybe-possibly Frank Horrigan, who is dead and therefore not part of this discussion.
Frank Horrigan will always live! In my heart.
It's kinda sad that Frank and The Master are still the best bosses Fallout had.

Maybe it's like "suck a fuck"?

Could you talk about Frank Horrigan?

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Frank_Horrigan

YES! Tell us the tale of Frank Horrigan blue haired wanderer!
...if you want.

Rate my Boktai - The Sun Is In Your Hands Build.

---Background: -100 Choice Points - Solar Smith
---Drawbacks: +1600 Choice Points
> +600 Choice Points - Will of the Galaxy
> +300 Choice Points - A Missing Link
> +300 Choice Points - The Restless Dead
> +300 Choice Points - Why?!
> +100 What Does That Even Mean?!

---Perks: 2500 Choice Points
> Free from Lunar Blood - Hybrid: +1500 Hybrid Points
> Free from Lunar Blood - From Darkness
> -100 Choice Points - TAIYOOOU!
> -500 Choice Points - Lunar Blood
> -600 Choice Points - Sol Trance(Boosted!)
> -600 Choice Points - They Who Hate Life(Boosted!)
> Free from Background - The Finer Things
> Discounted from Background, -100 Choice Points - With This Herring
> Discounted from Background, -100 Choice Points - The Sum of the Sun
> Discounted from Background, -200 Choice Points - Light Side of the Moon
> Discounted from Background, -300 Choice Points - Twice As Bright(Boosted!)

---Monstrous Powers: 1500 Hybrid Points
> -100 Hybrid Points - Lord of Dread
> -400 Hybrid Points - The Blood Moon Rises
> -400 Hybrid Points - Vampire
> -600 Hybrid Points - Behold My True Form!

Fallout 2 Jump with Frank Horrigan is coming for you Drawback when?

I give it a no gun/10.

Guns are for cowards.

Rejecting an advantage doesn't make you brave, it makes you stupid.

I honestly didn't see the point of doing anything but building my own, with Wild Bunch Lens and Battery, also with a maximum sword-y Frame to compliment the in-your-face-and-frankly-terrifying fighting style I'm using. I'm that kinda jumper.

Anyone else decide to become a Grand rather than a Beast in FGO merely because Authority of the Beast seems pretty useless?

If we're talking purely gun, which takes power rings off the list, then the Dustbuster Phaser from Star Trek TNG. Sixteen settings from stun to vaporize, variable beam and optional targeting assist.

I went Grand rather than Beast because I didn't want to destroy humanity?

It makes you more skilled when you win.

I didn't go either because I'm waiting for her to finish the scenarios before I pick any.

>inb4 "but characters acting dumb makes for a better story"

Portal Gun

YEAH SURE, OKAY.

So, the Enclave, right? Short version is they're the remnants of the pre-war American government, and they're gonna kill all the mutants (which includes anyone who isn't from the Enclave, because they think radiation has tainted everyone else) so they can build a new America. They're kindof pricks.

Anyway, they make their first appearance in Fallout 2, the second game in the series, and Frank is the biggest badass in their entire army. During a mission, he accidentally stumbled into some goop and turned into a super mutant, but since he was so fucking badass the Enclave just decided to weld on new Power Armour bits specifically sized up for him, which now doubles as a life-suppor system. He's like three times the size of any other soldier, punches deathclaws in half with his fists, and never leaves his armour.
Most of the rest of the Enclave just think he's some kind of superweapon, he's so fucking scary.

You catch glimpses of him a couple times in the game, always when he's murdering something, and finally confront him at the very end of the game after you've set the whole enemy base to blow.
Frank? Doesn't give a shit. He's standing by the door killing anyone who tries to leave the base because fuck you. When you talk to him, he's the only final boss in all of canon who straight up doesn't give a damn. You can't talk him down.

What's more, he's so crazy strong that the game gives you potential handicaps, like you can wire all the turrets in the room to shoot him, or convincing a whole squad of Enclave Troopers with endgame equips to shoot him because HE'S BLOCKING THE DOOR AND THE WHOLE PLACE IS GONNA BLOW, and he'll STILL kick all their asses if you don't help out.

And when you finally kill him? He's so jazzed up on tech he explodes, and then STILL chokes out some last words, all, "The Enclave will live on! HONOR! DUTY! Semper Fiiiiii..."

He's a fucking Space Marine in Fallout.
That's Frank Horrigan.

>not winning the battle with a casual trick-shot you let off a minute ago
Not even remotely.

That's fine, but to call them a coward is false.

desu, you can probably actually handle the problems you made for yourself fine as long as you put in the leg work to murder all the Immortals, and put the nix on the Ancestor Pieces. You're actually strong enough to do it since you focused so hard on sheer power over everything else, you just need to have some sealing bullshit to keep them locked down.

>He's so jazzed up on tech he explodes
Don't forget that he's still tough enough to reenact the terminator for a short while by moving around as just a torso before giving his final words.
Also, as the wiki notes, he has 10 in all stats.

He really shouldn't have 10 in intelligence though, he's not that smart, he just has it as a further buff for his abilities.

That's not what skill means, by that logic it's more "skilled" if you go into battle doing nothing except headbutts and squat thrusts

Wrong. They were too cowardly to face their foe in close combat, instead hiding away and shooting from a distance. Pure cowardice.

Using an unfair advantage makes you a coward.

If it's a sport and a gentleman challenge, sure.
If it's a fight to the death then fuck no it doesn't.

Using an unfair advantage is called strategy.

Maybe there's a cybernetic brain implant in there somewhere?

Nothing is more sporting than a fight to the death.

Cheating.

>remnants of the pre-war American government
They're closer to the lobbyists and conspirators behind the American government - Poseidon Energy, Vault-tec, various government and military officials were all part of it. Mind you, only the important people.
They're also one of the few groups with an accurate picture of what the FEV is (they were behind it.)

The dead have no right to complain about cheating.

Standing more than 12 feet tall, there is plenty of space to shove one in him.

Go back to your island General Zaroff!

Yeah. There are actually a few characters in canon with all 10s, Frank included. I believe the others are Ulysses and Legate Lanius, both from New Vegas.
So, traditionally, having a 10 in all stats doesn't really represent being a scholar or anything, but rather seems to be shorthand for being a total badass.
Of course, it says something that Frank blows those other two examples out of the water.

I really think the only person who compares in terms of sheer holy fuckitude is Joshua Graham, and Joshua doesn't even have all 10s. Just a shitload of crazy damage reduction and a really good pistol arm, and he can and will solve his entire DLC for you if you let him.
You're just there for emotional support. That's not even hyperbole.

By backstory, Ulysses should also be a badass, with all the things he's seen and done, but when you actually meet him he and Lanius are both a disappointment, they don't really seem to have a strong grasp of what they're doing and go down like chumps.
But not Frank and Joshua. Those guys own the wasteland.

I am super glad that someone enjoys my talking about things, user!
And yeah, Frank and The Master were definitely the coolest final bosses of the franchise.

Christ, I still hold The Master up as the best of the best. The rest of his game was pretty dry and empty, what with it being a brand new franchise, but man, they really NAILED him. He was so awesome and creepy, and his shadow extends across the rest of the franchise with his super mutants. There's never been a better villain, I don't think. There might never be.

God I love that cronenburg.

One of my favorite things, which is not a thing about The Master himself but is related to him, is how later on in FO2 & NV, Marcus specifically avoids talking about him at length. Even though he's a good guy, it's really subtle, but you can tell Marcus was totally a loyalist and still is. It adds this whole extra dimension to his character.

Zombies have rights too.

You also can't talk him down on moral grounds, but rather by pointing out that his plan is flawed. Which is oddly satisfying.

Now I wonder what you think about Father Elijah.

I mean, I can guess...

Yeah, Marcus only does good things because he has no other choice. If he could, he'd go right back to chewing through humies with a minigun like the old days.

It's true!

I really like Father Elijah, too. He's a really good villain. Not the kind of guy I would want to hang out with or fangirl over, but he's very effective at what he's supposed to be.

I mean, you even hear about him in the main game, as the guy who tried and failed to hold the Poseidon Energy plant, obsessed with unlocking its secrets. Veronica will talk at length about him. It really sets him up as this guy who was smart, but maybe not all there as far as people were concerned.
Then you meet him in his DLC and he's all that and more, he's got this crazy plan that is also crazy effective. He's actually got you at his mercy through the whole damn thing, not because he's super powerful, but just because he's smart and through trial-and-error has set everything up just so. I think it's really good storytelling that the hardest part is just GETTING to a position where you can finally bring him down.

Personally, I always left him locked down in the vault. It seemed particularly fitting and poignant.

That and bringing humies into the glory of the Unity! Can't have ideological differences if everyone's the same!

>ITG
>Puts brutality on a pedestal
>Literally retarded
>Probably couldn't even run a mile without perks
>Makes a fuss about "unfair advantages" when the alternative is genocide
>Implying that it's possible to attain skill rivaling guns without using "unfair advantages" such as super-human stats or talent
>Forgets that in the context of at least one of the posts he replied to, the enemy consists of immortal vampires who themselves have several incredible advantages over their foes
>the self-righteous bastard probably doesn't even care because he can enjoy his "honor" while moving on in ten years and escaping the consequences of his actions
It feels like this thread gets worse every week.

What's this about genocide, user?

>It feels like this thread gets worse every week.
Of course it is going to get worse when people keep replying to obvious bait.

The plot of Boktai is that humanity is fighting a losing battle against deathless creatures of the night. So "extinction" is probably more accurate.

>Personally, I always left him locked down in the vault. It seemed particularly fitting and poignant.
True. Now, if only that entire boss battle wasn't the most bug and glitch ridden thing in the entire game... Gah.

I don't find the Master engaging because he's completely insane and has only adopted his plan as the best solution by willing ignoring the problems with it. It doesn't matter how much better proper Super Mutants are, ignoring the looks issue because like hell the Master is going to care about that. They can't breed. No matter what else the process does, if the result is sterile it won't matter.

>Personally, I always left him locked down in the vault. It seemed particularly fitting and poignant.
Me too .... and steal all the gold.

I mean, you say that, but there are thousands of people who legitimately believe such things.

Perfected Lotus Cultivating Gardener and Numerologic Sorcerous Tutelage from Exalted Sidereals to teach mystical martial arts and magic.

See, the issue here is that you don't need guns to beat Immortals. Django in 2 uses enchanted swords, axes, hammers, and spears to kill Immortals, and one of the main characters from the sequel series, Lunar Knights, kills Immortals with swords.

So yeah, my refusal to use guns, or anyone's, doesn't necessarily lead to genocide or extinction.

What the fuck is up with Double Cross??

I bet if we ever do get a Fallout 1 jump, someone is going to help The Master out by fixing his FEV to turn all men and women into super genius, hyper-fertile Adonises and Amazons, regardless of radiation exposure.

Virus gives you power but turns you into a monster.

Except it can literally infect concepts and turn ideas into gods???

Double Cross is a setting where a virus (ala Resident Evil) gives superpowers. However the more you use your superpowers you simultaneously become stronger yet more at risk of losing all sanity. Luckily the limits of your sanity are fairly easy to detect and you should be fine as long as you don't need your powers and you aren't a megalomaniac.

Furthermore friends restore sanity and the world is one big masquerade with regular memory wipes for people who aren't superheroes or insane gibbering monsters.

Also there is an evil organization countering the good organization. Lastly some clusters of virus have gained sapience and obtain a form based off of a bit of data like a deceased individual or an ancient legend.

Why wouldn't everyone do that?

Is there any building that I can purchase with that can transform itself into a Mecha?

Virus gives you power. Can infect people, animals, rocks, plants, ideas...
(Yes, really. Ideas can be infected by Renegade.)
Turning into a monster is not a guaranteed result.

If it makes all women look like She-hulk, I'd be down for it.

>the world is one big masquerade with regular memory wipes for people who aren't superheroes or insane gibbering monsters.
Why?

You're the one fixing it, all you gotta do there is tweak whatever's causing Super Mutants to have yellow skin to make them have green instead.

Metroplex can be companioned in Transformers. He has an evil counterpart that I can't name.

>the good organization
All the organizations in the setting are good and bad as a matter of perspective. All of them take some fairly questionable and outright evil actions for what they perceive as good reasons.
Yes, this includes False Hearts.

Get a City Ship from Anno 2070. Take it to Transformers and give it a hit of the All-spark.

Wait, I have a better idea. Include some Deathclaw DNA in your fixed FEV so not only are all the women Amazons, they're monster girls too, with cute horns and tails.

Yeah. ...

... yeah.

No, see, that's like... the whole thing. That's how you convince him to stop. He's not willfully ignoring it, he straight up isn't aware that it's a thing. He doesn't know that super mutants are sterile. If you discover this and point this out to him, he actually has this whole "What." moment where he has to go check with some of his female super mutants, followed by a big, "Oh my god, what have I been doing this whole time, OH GOD", and then he commits suicide by nuke.

He IS totally insane, he's like an amorphous psychic blob that's been absorbing personalities so he's not even fully him anymore, but that's kind of the appeal for me. He's just so strange and hideous and out there, and yet he's trying to unite the world through terrible deeds and misguided logic, there's something horrifying and scary and yet almost pitiable about him, too broken to ever save, too powerful to ignore.

It's like this crazy balance of factors that all came together to make this perfect villain. For me, at least.
Plus, the whole walk through a psychic corridor of flesh to talk to a cronenburg with three disjoint voices REALLY leaves an impression.

Well yeah, of course you steal all the gold, user! That's what it's there for.

What, you think there's supposed to be some kind of lesson about letting things go and not losing yourself to dreams and riches?
Pffff! Screw that! Gold bars are awesome!

>yellow skin to make them have green instead.
They already do. Only the captial wasteland Mutants have yellow.
Fallout 1, 2, NV - Fallout 3 - Fallout 4 are using different FEV strands.

Most of the world is infected with the virus, but it's dormant. Maybe 40% of the population would survive it going active. Most of the survivors, especially given the wide scale death and lack of stability, would jump right into the insanity bit. This would also likely pull in many of the currently stable Overed.
So, humanity is already pretty much barely hanging on. The secrecy is to prevent the widespread panic from this news being spread.

Huh, you're right. I swear to god that I played 2 and NV, it's just been a while and I guess the 3 ones are sticking in my memory better, sorry.

So yeah, the women would all look like She-Hulk. Now that's an evolved humanity, eh? I still like my upgrade to the plan in though.

Why do they need regular memory wipes, though?

why do you think I didn't name them.
Because if you were a squishy human and you knew that at any moment your skin could be melted by acid, torn to shreds by Godzilla in human form, have your body slowly being crushed from the legs up with gravity, etc.

You would probably panic as would 80% of the people on earth knowing the person who could do that could be your neighbor. It is the sort of environment that starts witch hunts that end with eithier the Overed/Superhero/Villain killed or the people trying to kill them

Oh because the cities get destroyed almost weekly. The organization protecting the status quo has an amazingly efficient cover up team

Because people talk. Seriously, you find out that the world is screwed and you're probably going to die. You just saw some freakish guy doing bullshit super stuff against another guy who was eating your wife...

>why do you think I didn't name them.
A lot of people seem to think that False Hearts is just evil, regardless of any other factors, simply because it's much less forgiving in training new Overed.

Can't find on 4plebs, but...

Too Cool For Screen Time from Katanagatari can be used for unarmed combat, right?