Pic related has now appeared in the possession of your latest adventurer. How do things go, Veeky Forums?

Pic related has now appeared in the possession of your latest adventurer. How do things go, Veeky Forums?

There isn't much to say. At their lowest point they'll get offered some sort of monkey's paw wish that turns them into a monster, and the real PCs will show up and kill him later (possibly many hiatuses later)

Griffith did nothing wrong!

Indeed, Griffith did nothing wrong whatsoever.

He raped Casca instead of Guts

I mean he's a druid so I'm not sure he has much in the way of grand ambitions OR valuable things to sacrifice for them.

He just didn't do anything right.

Blah blah the Laws of Causality blah blah blah.

What does it do?

He's a greedy asshole and an ex-bandit. It would go amazingly.

Oh lots of things my friend. Lots of things.

>Asshole Sorcerer with political aspirations already secretly in the service of a devil
He'd do nothing wrong.

Would he rape the person who trusted him with her life however?

Probably not, it's a sausage party. Hopefully since he doesn't have homolust for one of his party members he'll be able to safely seduce the princess with his 20+ CHA without getting tortured for a couple of years. The DM has read Berserk though, so that might be a trap.

>Fey Lord and Necromancer
Bitch I get 3 'We can rule together' speeches before breakfast most days.
Get the fuck out of here with that weak bullshit.

Things are literally fated to go badly as soon as the crimson behelit appears.

That's literally the point.

Do they ever offer you complete control over all of causality however? This is rather important.

I've introduced this in both games I'm currently running.

No one in either group knows what it is in or out of character

Both groups assume its an evil artifact and refuse to equip it for fear of it being cursed

>Both groups assume its an evil artifact
Well......they aren't wrong.

I mean, they're right to assume that if you gave it without context. You have to stick some bullshit history about it being a good luck charm or something for them to trust it. Not like it matters as long as the party possesses it, whoever among them is chosen will have it when needed.

He did something very wrong, but it was worth it

When his grove is defiled, animals skinned alive. People living in the forest forcibly civilized in the city as the materials are used to fuel an empire's war machine

Him having the Behelit will naturally cause those things to happen too right?

>Last squat still alive on a desperate mission to gather money and political power to colonise a new planet and recreate the exact conditions to make new squats with the help of evolution and bio-engineering.
>Would gladly remove himself from existence to reach that goal and recreate the squat empire.

Yea it would go swimmingly im sure.

They know my style of running a game they'd be suspicious right away.

One was worn by a drow wizard the party defeated the other game it was in a bank vault the party broke into.

I downplayed it without it being obvious. They just assumed based on its appearance that it was evil.

Remember, that thing will never stop finding ways to reach who it was meant for. It's literally the railroad orb.

But what would he sacrifice? His connection to nature?

I tweaked it a bit and went with whoever tries to equip it first

I'm pretty sure at one point they'll be desperate or curious enough to equip it.

I'll have it give them no apparent bonus but I'll secretly add a +1 to their rolls and every so often, while they sleep, detail pleasant dreams about their childhood, becoming rulers and intersperse it with vivid nightmares about their enemies and what might happen if they fail

I'm constantly changing the encounter for when the pc wearing it summons a fuckton of demons when it's time for them to make the sacrifice

I'll give them the option of trying to get divine intervention to remove its connection to them if they really don't want anything to do with it.

>divine intervention
You rang?

>I'll give them the option of trying to get divine intervention to remove its connection to them
>Implying that any god is strong enough to stop what has already started.
AhahahahahhahaHahahaHaHaHahHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Pretty well, since I'll happily drop it into the nearest nigh-infinite gravity well at the first opportunity.

kek'd

But seriously I doubt either group would accept this situation without an out

I'd get nothing but non-stop bitching when the demon dinner time finally arrives

If my character doesn't understand how something works he doesn't trust it, though he would probably fuck up by handing it over to someone else.

You don't have to sacrifice though.

You can't deny causality

>Pretty well, since I'll happily drop it into the nearest nigh-infinite gravity well at the first opportunity.
>When your character goes to retire for the night, it is there in his pocket. Almost as if it had never left his person.

Causality dictates that the owner of a behelit will eventually sacrifice and serve the Godhand. That applies no matter the character. Or was that applied only to Griffisu?
My last rogue would probably want to obliterate Pelor's church.
Griffisu did nothing wrong but I still hate that smug bitch.

>That applies no matter the character. Or was that applied only to Griffisu?
I'd say it's equally possibly behelits are just drawn to assholes or at least people willing to make that sacrifice. I mean it's not like there's a reliable source on how they work

Turning his nature's touch to a blighted one. Every grove he creates ends up perverting nature itself. Men driven insane, animals go rabid. The fruits bear corruption.

Give it to our oracle and ask her what the fuck it is and why it's so creepy.

Immediately regret it.

One can dream, one can dream...

>equip it
What is this a fucking video game?

What kind of story structure does Berserk follow?
Is it an Hero's Journey, Rag to Riches, Underdog's Sports Story...?

It's a Last Samurai story. but which I mean, it is about a last remaining remnant of a house/army/group seeking revenge while all hands are turned against him.

Japanese and Chinese story structures are slightly different than Western ones.

It's a 'we're on a boat!' story.

Mostly about coping with horrible shit, big swords (Too big, too thick, too heavy and too rough.), violence and boats with neat art. It's kind of directionless at this point

It's a story about suffering.

boats mostly, last I checked.

It certainly feels like some variety of epic, but I really don’t know what sort of archetype it fits, if it fits one at all. It absolutely isn’t any of the ones you listed. “Last Samurai” seems pretty close, but Guts has a clear goal (or pair of goals) and some companions, which doesn’t fit my intuitive notion of what a “Last Samurai” archetype is.

Epic tale that starts in the dark ages and unravels well into the age of sail.

Who's to say it will be his? It might get in the end of someone else in time, for instance the Behelit Guts have is probably someone else, maybe someone in his new crew

Why is God the Idea of Evil instead of the Idea of Good?

>Was playing Mount & Blade: Warband earlier today
>Made a pale, long-haired melee horseman
>Called him Griffith

He becomes Femto and rapes Ymira in front of Alayen.

Because Humanity is naturally more cruel and vile than most would think. The Idea simply reflects this nature.

>Existence Eater Technician.
I'll keep it around for after I burn some Ki, then I'll absorb it for a top-off.

It does depend on if OP is talking about an actual egg of a conqueror, or if he's using it as a stand in for a standard behelit, as none appeared in the original anime.
If it's the red egg, you're fucked/blessed. All of history has been leading to this point, you are to become a god.
If it's a grey egg, you can choose. The count chose not to sacrifice the second time. It still has an intended target, but its causality isn't as strong.
Also, if they live in the interstice (if it's a fantasy game that's likely) they can evade causality.

Because the idea of an uncaring universe is terrifying. Humans instinctively reject it - they insist that there must be a reason why bad things happen to them, some force that they can understand and negotiate with. In-setting, if enough people believe in something it becomes true.

No one has an existential crisis when good things happen, though.

he got tortured because the father of the princess is in love with his daughter and went crazy after he found out.

He just screams back at it until one of them stops. Anyone who tries to take his "screamy stone" now gets bludgeoned with it.
>t. Someone who knows next to nothing about Berserk

Horribly, and then very well, then he is killed by a cripple with a chunk of metal.

No, now its "we're in Casca's mind!" story

I wanted to fuck that moth

It's quite curious that he got to chose twice. Has any other apostle done the thing twice?

This *shouldn't* last that long though, they go to the eclipse, get second-hand mind-raped (and probably regular raped too), pick up the last few pieces, and get out.
How casca's going to be when she wakes up is another story, but the rebuilding process shouldn't take too long as long as he stays on track and at least tones down these FUCKING HIATUSES

Hum.. Just realized that Stonehenge is in the background...

>it being a good luck charm or something
Just tell them that ownership of it is the sign of a future king.

Because humanity as a collective wanted something to blame for all the bad things that happen.

And so, God was born. The cause of all the suffering in the world was retroactively created by the desire for a cause for all the suffering in the world.

>FUCKING HIATUSES

Look user, all that Idolm@ster isnt going to watch itself you know

Even if humans are more evil than good there is still good, The Idea of Evil should be a mix of good and evil instead of over the top evil. 40k has the same problem.
But most people don't believe in a Evil God. Why does the Devil have to take the place of God? 40k has the same problem.
Who's to blame for all the good in the world?

>WHY DO I KEEP GETTING ALL THESE WEIRD ARTIFACTS
>t. party Psyker

>the idea of evil should have good.

I mean this was onr instance of an intersice that convened with Griffith.

Think of the directional kings of the natural elements and they appear cosmically powerful and not directly evil.

Maybe there is an idea of good, of maybe the story of Berserk is that Guts' journey eventually becomes him as the Idea of Good in some Zoroastrian duality of gods.

Who knows

The closest thing Berserk has to an opposite of the Idea of Evil, are the Four Elemental Kings, who act as the Guardian angels and defenders of the world against Evil, the opposite of the Godhand. But even then, they are *nowhere* near as strong as the Idea.

Eat it

I like the tough looking chick.

The one in cosplay or the other one?

The one who's naked

in his defense, he'd been locked in a dungeon for a year and crippled. He probably didn't have 3 copper pieces to pay for it.

this is literally the worst thing that could possibly happen for everyone involved

Can't fight Causality my friend. You fucking lose, no matter how hard you try.

>basically a son of Feanor transplanted into a merithic era elder scrolls campaign
He’s already taking the party on the path to ruining everything in search of his jackass Aldmer father’s chunk of Auri-el’s mind, and has brothers across the continent intent on seizing the eye of Magnus and heart of Lorkhan. Destiny’s hemeroid is probably getting cracked open for whatever power it might hold at the first inkling of an offer, and it would be hard pressed to fuck things up worse than the Bros already plan to.

Oh, you mean the powergamer dwarf that wants to build a golem army and take over the world so that the dwarven race becomes superior? Yeah no that will definitely work out for the better

>What kind of story structure does Berserk follow?

Its about overcoming tragedy. We have already seen a large part of Guts` arc, having fallen into despair and gradually struggling to overcome depression/madness that comes with it.

Hmm...
>paladin who's extremely vigorously anti-evil
>paladin who has a guilt complex but still pretty anti-evil
>highly superstitious fighter
>hardass space marine

Things could equally go south or nothing would happen. Interestingly both paladins have IC reasons to misuse it, but I don't know if they necessarily would. is more likely desu

>Can't fight Causality
>laughingwizard.rune
That's what they said about Reality, boyo.

Creepy
Magic
Not reducable to useful components
Out the airlock it goes
If i ever see it again i KNOW its cursed, nothing else could explain it following me across billions of miles.

>As It weights heavy around my neck, I know. I know, my dear husband, I know...
>And I smile, because my quest is over. Because everything I've ever searched for is here, a moment of despair away. I know exactly what kind of curse I'm exacting upon myself.
>Power never did interest me for itself. But knowledge, my dear husband, knowledge. The depth I've already gone for it... all to better understand our world.
>And you were there by my side, strong and loving. You didn't judge.When I came home, you always welcomed me with a smile and, dammit, a packed lunch for the next day.
>When I took the path of immortality, you followed me without a question. Though it was flawed immortality, it was all for us, so we could watch eternity together. That was what I had promised you.
>But that, I realize, was also the first step to our end.
>Because the choice I had made for us - immortality -, you knew it, wasn't all for you on my part. So I was a lich, and you were a vampire, and it should have been perfect, but it wasn't exactly.
>There always had been knowledge. The never ending quest, the never ending thirst.
>And the perspective of eternity itself soon wasn't enough. How could I amass it all when it still grew faster than I could catch up ?
>That's when It, the stone, found me.
>And from that moment on, I knew, my dear husband, I knew, I knew... for I had found its name in the most ancient of tomes, and I had learnt about its curse and blessing from all my years of research.
>And I've never loved a man like I love you, and I'll never love again.
>But as you told my travel companions... as you always jokingly told your friends... as you remarked the evening we met, when I was still only an awkward bookworm student.
>I was always more Reason than Heart.

>And I know, soon it will all be over. And I dare not think about renouncing it all. Because I see the small, loving thing that I am, and I see the great, all-knowing, weeping, being I could be.
>And it the greater scale of things, love means nothing. Our mortal, ordinary love means nothing against everything I could uncover, everything I could do. Everything I would know.
>Yet I don't feel ready for godhood.
>But it will come, my dear husband, it will, and you, you will go.

this is hot and i didn't know i wanted this until right now

Most cursed items mechanically require the pc to equip the item to be cursed

A lot of people I've played with would shit bricks if they were cursed just by picking it up since that isn't how it normally functions

>A lot of people I've played with would shit bricks if they were cursed just by picking it up since that isn't how it normally functions
I mean, technically your fucked from the very moment the Crimson Behelit first appears. If the Egg Of the King has appeared in your possession, then that means you're pretty much damned already.

A paladin/wizard who worships the god of human supremacy, owns a bunch of slaves, and has a huge ego problem.

He'd do pretty well with it.

Would you, Veeky Forums?

>Would you, Veeky Forums?
Only if she puts me on a leash and forces me to hold hands with Griffith.