Would you let an extremely incompetent minor demon into an otherwise good party?

Would you let an extremely incompetent minor demon into an otherwise good party?
I'm talking buckets of water on doors and evil schemes that involve helping grannies across the street incompetent.

Sure, so long as the party can reason anything into being some kind of evil scheme.

inb4 Satania posting

Depends on is it cute loli?

No.
It's probably a tall man with too many teeth.
Or an imp.
Loli is like, 15% chance tops.

Rolled 19 (1d100)

I've taken worse chances.

So close.

Gonna dress him up anyway.

As long as you can convince him it's EEEEEVIL

Of course! Getting cute will make him look more trustworthy.
That's inherent bonus on all Evil schemes from now on.

Would you let an extremely dangerous "domesticated" animal into an otherwise unprotected nursery?

Fuck no. A broken clock is right twice a day and its a fucking demon. Just because it's incompetent doesn't mean it isn't trying in it's own way to spread corruption and evil, regardless of it's own ineptitude. Purge and purify the ground that it walked on up to that point.

but kids love dogs.

That's a false equivalence.

We're not letting an extremely dangerous "domesticated" animal into an otherwise unprotected nursery.

We're letting, at most, an extremely dangerous "domesticated" animal into a group of highly trained professionals who work with things like this on a daily basis.

You wouldn't put a K9 Attack Dog around kids, but you definitely would have it around police.

Also no fun allowed, etc.

Party is goody two-shoes Dudley Dorights- a paladin, a cleric, a wizard. Wizard somehow ends up clutching his familiar summoning and gets an Imp.

Cue the imp knocking over candles during formal dinners with noble patrons and cackling maniacally about his eeeeevil plot while the dinner guests just sign and the Wizard apologies again.

I'm totally ok with this.

>We're letting, at most, an extremely dangerous "domesticated" animal into a group of highly trained professionals who work with things like this on a daily basis.
So you're never going into a village? You're never going into a city? You have absolutely 100% control over this being and it's decisions/actions at all times of the day? If the answer to the last one is "no" and you still allow it's existence then this is no "good party".

Imps can easily fuck up/kill individuals with relative ease. After gaining so much power from their adventures, players seem to forget that at one point in their lives a stealthed imp could easily have one-shot them. Moreso for a basic peasant.

Man cities are already brickabrack with imps and owlbears and ghosts and shit.

>Police never take K9 Attack dogs into resedential neighborhoods.

You need to keep an eye on it, and a short leash, but I honestly don't see the problem. It's on the parties head if it slips the leash, and they'll put down the demon if that happens, but there's enough demons that killing one isn't going to put a dent in their numbers. Using a demon to kill other evil things, on the other hand, is going to do more net good than just smiting and cleaving.

sure, let the demon tempt the good fighter.

And, honestly, if the demon got free it would probably wind up working charity somehow.

absolutely.

From a game standpoint, sure might be good for a laugh or two. From a meta standpoint, it absolutely reeks of "LOL so randumb!!1one!eleven *holds up spork*"

Imps are not K9 attack dogs. Dogs are K9 attack dog in terms of animal companions or blink dogs in terms of familiars if your DM is being overly generous/lenient with the rules with maybe a few penalties on the blink dog to balance it out. Both of which are not creatures from a, literal, hellish realm who seek to propagate the overall goal of their true lord and master however far down the levels of hell they rule and be promoted to the next level in their demonic evolution. Unless we're talking about pits

But I let cats near my kids all the time.

You are over thinking this man. Remember the evil plots amount to buckets of water over people's doors.

It's more like comic relief. You go into the store to buy some pastries and ask about the eclairs. The imp pops out of your hood and shrieks "Can I get one made with the blood of virgins? No? How about.... a deadly poisoned donut? Wha... No? I demand to poison your donuts peasant!" You push him back under your hood, roll your eyes, pay for a Bavarian creme and make sure to tip generously.

It's a metaphor used for ease of conversation. No, Imps are not K9 Attack Dogs. K9 Attack Dogs are animals that, however, are trained to be vicious and react viciously, but are considered safe enough to bring around people.

And absolutely nothing you have said has disproved anything I have said.

>Would you let X?
>examples of this in use have so far been in cartoons and anime

Sure. Just don't be surprised when it does something to fuck you over and claim "but this isn't like my korean hand-paintings said it goes!"

Then it's a good thing I wasnt the one who brought up K9 units in the first place? Imps was the example that I read being used in the party and then you were the one who brought up attack dogs in as if the two are the same.

One is sapient and will actively seek the propogation of evil, regardless of its oh-so-whacky hi-jinks and comical moments in it's attempts to do so. The other is a dog. Again, unless we're talking about pitbulls.

I honestly don't see the point you are trying to make here. Like, are you trying to bitch? Are you trying to say you hate anime? Are you trying to be pretentious? All three?

I was responding to the original premise, not the thing about the imp which is a seperate thread of conversation entirely, as the type of demon was never specified.

And yes, that is also me.

Gonna be honest. Maybe we should all rethink arguing on an anonymous image board. I realize it's a large part of our daily routine ,but like... this shit is confusing.

don't respond to my post ever again

aw shit I love Disturbed

>and evil schemes that involve helping grannies across the street incompetent.
How incompetent do you have to be to think that helping old ladies across the street is evil?

About that incompetent.

I'm thinkin' 6ish int?

I honestly might steal this idea for when my players fend off a demon summoning. Strong one summons medium ones, medium ones summon a bunch of imps, including one runt of the litter.
Imps being imps and craven cowards, they all scatter and go invisible, and the players have to hunt them down. The runt, knowing the most eeeeeviiiil thing is to betray his fellow demons' location with his 'see invisibility'.

Being eeeeeviiiil feeling so dang good, he follows the players while invisible and plays the occasional prank or assists to betray more evil beings than him.

And he sounds like Veigar from League of Legends because it is the best wannabe evil voice I have ever heard.

>You see an opportunity for old lady to fall on other side of the road from unlevel cement or some shit
>helps old lady across street in some impish way
>when she gets to the other side a truck that would have hit her from a tired driver missed her completely
>the sound of a truck at that speed makes everyone gasp in surprise but everyone is otherwise fine and old lady wasnt even going the direction the imp saw the unlevel step at and completely misses it
>Party pisses off death and turns into Final Destination esque attempts by death to get back at them.

This
Police dogs are just as bad as pits mate - yeah some are good and nice, but they're trained to be vicious and tackle anything that runs.

>police dogs
>trained to attack
>pits
>genetically predisposed to spreading the evils of their fiendish gods under the skin of the innocent

The similarities are endless!

I hope you're meming user.

>all this anti-pit bias

I could swear I saw this cartoon somewhere

I had a demon who inadvertently gained a small cult following due to his absolute incompetence. He was chump tier for demons but could fuck up any normie peasant. His one goal was to make people laugh, but due to being a hell creature utter terror and humor are the same thing.

Only if it's stuck in a sword or something

Only if it sacrifices itself in a true act of goodness near the climax.

Wow, what a fucking retard.

Literally bred to be nannies.

I've been playing a chaotic evil monk/warlock goblin with the basic personality of a Gremlin™ for a while in a generally good-leaning party. I think as long as you don't go full blown baby-murderer it's not an issue, all but the most fanatical good characters can ignore/cope with malicious practical jokes, cowardice and a lack of compassion etc without having to justify why their lawful good paladin hasn't smited you on the spot.

Honestly the bigger problem has been how often I/my character/my character's imp has ruined social RP interactions and/or been thrown in jail for fucking with NPCs rather than any comeback from the party itself for breaching their moral event horizon, it's difficult to balance acting true to your character's nature with not pissing everyone off with your constant bullshit. By their nature, good parties will exist within the bounds of civilised society quite a lot, the sort of places where using minor illusion to make the king's soup scream like it's been stabbed as he dips his spoon into it, during a banquet full of visiting dignitaries, is considered a social faux pas.

If your party does a lot of social RP/is based in a city with law and order, I'd make sure you're a class/build that is difficult to keep incarcerated for any serious length of time.