Stormcast Eternals Hate

Why do Stormcast Eternals inspire such fierce hatred and loathing?

Yes, they have a lot of similarities to Space Marines but so fucking what?

Space Marines aren't a new concept.

Hell, magically imbued characters aren't a new concept.

I think SCE are hated because they represent the death of WFB - not because there is anything inherently wrong about them as a concept.

Space Marines:
Genetically enhanced super soldiers who wear power armor and fight with specialized weaponry. Selected at a young age after undergoing trials.
Organized into Chapters, which are self-contained independent armies.
Fight for the Emperor of Mankind to defend the Imperium.
They are mortal.
Indoctrination strips them of their memories.

Stormcast Eternals:
Magically enhanced heroes, plucked from the realms by Sigmar.
Undergo reforging to become imbued with a portion of Sigmar's power.
Wear sigmarite armor and wield sigmarite weaponry.
Immortal, as long as Sigmar has power - but reforging strips them of a portion of their humanity.
Organized into Stormhosts which are self-contained armies.
They fight for Sigmar to retake the realms of magic and to defend the cities of the Grand Alliance of Order.
They have memories of their past lives.

Are they similar? Absolutely, there's no doubt about that. However, they have differences too.

Do you like them or hate them and why?

Aren't they jewish or something? I know I've seen a bunch of people on here mention that.

Games Workshop shouldn't put actual Abrahamic religions into their fantasy setting imo. Seems out of place. That's probably why I'd imagine.

>Sigmar

>Jewish

what?

I don't know I've seen like a ton of people on here mention that the stormcasters are jewish or something. Like a lot. That's actually how I heard about them desu.

So they still worship Sigmar then?

They're hated because GW forces them so. fucking. hard.

Every box set has Stormcast in it. Every battletome has Stormcast, either stopping the non-Order, or even saving the faction in their own fucking book. They're never even shown in the art being defeated, just sometimes outnumbered and heroically facing a tide of enemies (the closest I think was in the Pestilens tome).

I find it incredible that some people can be into AoS and not be utterly sick of the Stormcast.

It's a meme. They're not jewish, GW's the jews, and they're GW's posterboys for AoS, Ergo they're depicted as jews
Also this. Khorne is the chaos equivalent, but then again that's not new at all.

I... I think I get the jist of how you came to that assumption, but what?

Someone in the AoS thread (And presumably other threads) likes posting caricatures of jews, edited to have stormcast helmets or something. Usually with a post saying something along the lines of "Buy more stormcast goy"

I have not been to the AoS thread in a while. Sounds somewhat annoying.

It's just slavposter and he is literally the only person who posts those images

It is Slavposter is a fucking letch

Yes there is plenty wrong with them because they are what was supposed to be an improvement to WHFB now that WHFB was over. Instead we were witness to the scrapping of 20 years of lore and history with faceless generic soldiers with names like someone fired up a fantasy name generator, hit "generate" 20 times, and then published a rulebook with it.

Gone are the days of the Karl Franz, Boris Todbringer, or Otto von Gruberg. Now we get Godric Gryffindo- I mean GHODRIC Truebolt, Lorrus Grymn and Generico of Bad-Spelling.

No more is it the people of the Empire defending their homes. It's the Ground Marines defending the vaguely named Free People of No Particular Origin.

We were hoping for something on par if not better than the game that died. Instead we got vapid nonsense.

I'd be fine with them if GW didn't explode one of my favorite fantasy settings to replace with some uninteresting WoW ripoff.

This is a huge aspect of it too, fuck. It's cool that AoS gives Your Dudes almost unlimited range, but it was the context and the flavor of the Old World that made your army so much better. When I think of the savage battles in Ulthuan or the defense of the Empire, there is so much backstory and rich art that it's hard not to be inspired. Meanwhile, there is no personality or character to any place in the Mortal Realms, it's all just a nameless, soulless prop right now.

This. If they were introduced as a new faction in WHFB as some ' good daemons' or sokething it would have been much better. Far more than trying to build a new setting from scratch

for me it's the jewish thing. Once you realise they are basically jewish you can't unsee it. That and their boring faces.

Except that they aren't in the slightest and you're an idiot
Fucking Czechs

Sigmars chosen people, fighting to take back 'their' land and settle it, getting other races to do most of the fighting for them.

This is generally my assumption. The Sigmarines are a weird tonal shift. They feel like generic Heroic Fantasy Action Men defending generic Heroic Fantasy Castle People. It's a stark contrast from the original lore. Warhammer Fantasy had a lot of personality, which is something AoS lacks in spades.

I want to get into the books to try and get to know the factions and characters more, but ALL the books are focused on stormcast. Its so annoying. In the game books they mention characters that might be interesting eg Gulgaz in the Firestorm book but then it's just crickets or yet more goddamn jewish C3POs

what land aren't the mortal realms are infinite in size.

Indeed, so greedy.

It's starting to sound the case of "When everyone is special, No one is" with the Stormcast. I've read a chunk of the fluff way back and from what I gathered, Sigmar found several groups of spirit/people in random Realms (or Planes as it sounds like) and gave them Super Suits and went (Great) Crusading. so I had imagine that (like their personality and background) the Stormcast armour is hollow and instead possessed by spirits (like the Rubrics).

going to get the pdf to take stock again

i thought so. who thought that was a good idea. there is unlimited space and resources to fight over why is anybody fighting?

What makes Space Marines cool and SCE so boring?

Space Marines can fail.

Space Marines have characters and personality ... Stormcast are just angel robots.

Exactly, and on the table top the stormfails get mauled by mortal wounds (anti-armor attacks) and die pretty easily.

They basically just stole what used to be the dwarfs role in the game, standing around in high armor shooting stuff and whacking things with hammers. They just aren't welcome or needed.

Space Marines still tap in the sci-fi supersoldier cliche despite their mysticism, but have a lot of character, they can fall and fail and are still seen as monsters by the common people. Despite the memes they are pretty interesting characters. I don't even play SM and I can recognize the appeal in them.

Sigmarines tap in a weird annoying mix of Marvel's take on norse mythology and Blizzard/LoL aesthetics, without any flaw.

Because people are butthurt over whfb

That's it

I love how every single person gets it wrong in the thread

>It's cool that AoS gives Your Dudes almost unlimited range,
Well it's not really true. I mean your dudes can be anything, but they are ultimately totally meaningless since everything is infinite.

Again

Wrong.

Stormcast are very much human though. More human than marines ever can be.

The interactions in silver tower between the knight errant and the dark oath chieftain are better than any marine fluff in the last 10 years

Is the solution to make Chaos Stormcasts?

>Stormcast are very much human though. More human than marines ever can be.
Marines aren't supposed to behave like humans, they are supposed to have a personality close to the heroes of Greek epics.That's one trait of their characters.

Also
You could be more subtle in your samefagging, shill.

This, they could even use the whole fuckknowswhereheim as existing in the wind of celestial magic thing divorced from reality and the whole reforging thing with Sigmar preparing for the chaos attack and the whole sigmarines appearing at the last moment and turn the tide of the end of times, but book they had to turn the setting into a infinite limbo filled with no name places and people.

I'm sure you believe that.

>shill

How to diffuse your entire argument by proving it's all angst

I disliked the stormcast until I read the fluff. And ironically made me love them because they are more akin to Greek heroes than marines ever could be

This

The fact that the knight errant isn't one dimensional in his hatred of chaos makes it quite apt

It also makes chaos in AoS less one dimensional than 40k

The fact thay they arr look the same doesn't help. I actually like some of the winged models, but when every stormcast has the same base with minor differences (helmets, shoulderpads, weapons, accessories) they lose their appeal rather quikly. I guess they wanted to emulate Space marines (and this way sculpting the lineup is faster), but even they have more variance and the concept fits scifi better anyway.

>Why do Stormcast Eternals inspire such fierce hatred and loathing?

Popular sentiment is that Games Workshop be moving away from super humans and soldiers. More relatable forces, like the imperial guard and the Empire from the original setting. Also, their design is atrocious.

>Yes, they have a lot of similarities to Space Marines but so fucking what?

And, space marines used to be better looking to. In fact, there design has only gotten worse since they stopped looking like beakies and started looking like Star Wars storm troopers on roids.

>Space Marines aren't a new concept.

Nope, they've been done better... Much better. Actually, better within the companies own creative department, which only adds insult to injury.

>I think SCE are hated because they represent the death of WFB - not because there is anything inherently wrong about them as a concept.

Bad design...

Why do you think Chaos is one-dimensional in 40k?

Because the only thing chaos has in 40k is dickish Ness and daddy issues.

>Hurr Durr chaos isn't one dimensional
>The faction that is literally described as non sentient entities enslaved to their nature should be capable of cooperating with the factions they have sworn to utterly destroy, rape, deceive and rot
You don't understand how chaos operates

Sometimes the term is justified. Like now.

Part of it is the backlash of being pushed so hard, part of it is the death of the WFB universe which was infinitely better than the AoS sorry excuse of a setting, part of it is because the setting portrays them as perfect without flaws and part of it is because their minis are fucking ugly.

>Being this much of a new fag
Wew lad

>don't shit on something
>shill shill

Wew. Could you at least try to be more subtle? People don't like when you insult 40k, try to use something else, like Warmahordes, as a scapegoat.

>7e babby calling anyone new

>literally samefags praising the SCE
>not a shill

>Chieftain gives valid reasons to work together
>knight errant accepts help begrudgedly

Isn't it just because the design is shit?

Replying to different people in a thread isn't samefagging

>it's shit because...
>IT'S NOT
>well, it is. You see...
>YOU'RE JUST BITTER
>well, whatever, shill
>WHY DID YOU CALL ME SHILL, I'M MOST DEFINITELY NOT SHILL, I JUST HAPPENS TO LOVE COMPANY PRODUCT© WITH MY DEFINITELY NOT IMAGINARY FELLOW HOBBYISTS®. YOU'RE OLD GROGNARD, FANTASY BATTLES DIED BECAUSE YOU AND WAS SHIT ANYWAYS, NOT NEARLY AS GOOD AS NEW COMPANY PRODUCT®
>wew

>I AM SILLY: the post

Even I think they are overexposed but that doesn't mean I need to hate them

It pretty much is. Looks even sad when it's clearly the same guy.

How is it pretty much samefagging?

I'm not pretending to be anyone else. Are you new?

Basically because they are badly copied norse mythology with a WoW armor set.

Replace the death mask with a T visor and people would be ok with them.

I just use marauder heads. Fit pretty well and I fluff out then as being more individual

I just don't like their aesthetics. That's pretty much it. I have absolutely no problem with Khorne getting pushed in allmost every box because i like how they look. And the new box set should have been Nurgle daemons vs. Sylvaneth.
I don't know it that makes me a hypocrite (in regards to "being okay with a faction being in every box just because of looks") but it is what is is.
Maybe it's just the standard gold/blue color scheme, because i've once saw some that were painted in stone grey/turquoise, and they looked pretty sweet. I don't know.

>with names like someone fired up a fantasy name generator, hit "generate" 20 times, and then published a rulebook with it.
>Gone are the days of the Karl Franz, Boris Todbringer, or Otto von Gruberg

I get what you're saying, but that's literally just "firing up a fantasy name generator" in german instead of english.

The closest thing Warhammer Fantasy has to Jews is the dwarfs, and even that's mostly because they fit into the Tolkien mold and then not in AoS.

Yeah, this looks fucking awesome

The round Shields also look pretty awesome

>People not wanting 40k models in their fantasy game.

Gee I wonder why that might cause some jimmies to be rustled.

SCE are Space Marines without anything what made SM interesting
Also, anyone hates lg paladins

>cool that AoS gives Your Dudes almost unlimited range,
Just like emptiness

How do the chaos-aligned factions that are not WoC fit into the setting? Where do the beastmen and skaven live if there are no forests to infest and no undercities beneath the human settlements?

Literally any mini would look good with that stone effect.

Beastman probably live in Ghur, skaven probably live wherever.

The skavens live in warp-tunnels between the planes or some shit IIRC

Because there are both of those. People forget AoS is only about 1 1/2 years old.

We currently have the Firestorm event coming out which fleshes out a dozen or so cities in the realm of fire/life

It's actually made the setting pretty interesting.

>Popular sentiment is that Games Workshop be moving away from super humans and soldiers. More relatable forces, like the imperial guard and the Empire from the original setting

Wat? All 40k has seen for releases in recent times is demigod Primaris and Death Guard and literal walking gods in the form of the Primarchs.

I'm not him but he probs forgot a word

>Popular sentiment is that Games Workshop should be moving away from super humans and soldiers. More relatable forces, like the imperial guard and the Empire from the original setting

Over exposure.
I don't hate them, and even have a small force, but the way they always show up is a little grating, especially when the bad guys job and the good guys suck their dicks.

>Aren't they jewish or something? I know I've seen a bunch of people on here mention that.
4chin is always in full out jewish paranoia. But wtf are you talking about?

I like them

I'd incoprate a lot more capes, cloaks, furs and a bit more bare skin nothing too crazy tho

>Also this. Khorne is the chaos equivalent, but then again that's not new at all.
Fucking Khorne. Give me some fucking slaanesh plz.

I despise them with the fury of a thousand suns since they represent the death of my favorite setting. That and muh groundmarines

>Firestorm
>It's actually made the setting pretty interesting.
>all cities basically the same except realms

Thanks. I was under the impression that they had been relegated to the rank of cannon fodder/red shirts for Chaos.

>Where do the beastmen and skaven live if there are no forests to infest and no undercities beneath the human settlements?

But there're lots of forests and lots of ground to dig in.

that's not how you spell Skaven, user

>I was under the impression that they had been relegated to the rank of cannon fodder/red shirts for Chaos.
And they are.
All of them except of KO, SCE, Sylvaneths and Fireslayer are horde armies

That's some ugly artwork.

He's the guy who edits /pol/ comics to make the Jews look like Stormcast because he misunderstands the comics, and he wanted to bring it up in a roundabout way.

Literally wherever they can if the major faction hasn't culled the nearby forest, mountain ranges, lake, river etc etc

The only people that say the setting is blandity the bland is the people that gave it the barest look when it first campout repost that shitty map and have never opened one of the books

The setting is like what 2 years? Maybe less?

And if this isn't the tightest shit ever get off muh board

Firestorm all takes place is the same realm though.

>The setting is like what 2 years? Maybe less?
The Overwatch got detailed setting even before release.
>Firestorm all takes place is the same realm though.
Oh, I thyough youare talking about Firestorm book about all great cities.

>I have lived to see people defend the shit that is AoS

And? Tabletop and Vidya settings arent developed the same

I highly doubt WHF was anything like the golden age of its setting when it first released

Neither are

Sorta. They did have lots of change, retcons, etc. The way WHFB started was nothing like it now.

>And? Tabletop and Vidya settings arent developed the same
How exactly?
>I highly doubt WHF was anything like the golden age of its setting when it first released
When WHFB first release GW wasn't largest company in market with shitton of writters.