Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1796: Another Chance to Have an Actual, Worthwhile Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/vDy2WXN8
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicAndPowers
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Settings
behindthename.com/random/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>wanting to fuck a sentient spider's boring human form like a normie

WEAK
E
A
K

Help me /jc/.

Hero BBS. Senior Citizen adding 200 years to my stay. Plus The Ride Never Ends yanking me through an ungodly number of worlds.

I rolled on a d100, and got 50. 50 worlds.

50 worlds with settings and magic systems I need to create.

I need your help. My imagination can't stretch this much.

You don't need to do that, or you could just rip off other fictional worlds

Does anyone here speak Latin? Because I need to bully Belkans but I don't get noun declension so I'm not sure if "Ceterum censeo Belka esse delendam" is correct.

pastebin.com/vDy2WXN8

Finished Undertale. Time to test this new dynamic in another setting to see if it can work. If not, it goes in da traaash.

Companion Caesar or someone else from the Legion to translate for you

>companioning wannabes
That's like taking Il Duce. And not even the waifu one.

Okay, so how hard is the +800 drawback in Mushoku Tensei that seals all your powers and makes you train to be in the top three strongest in the world with just what's in the jump? Assuming you took all the perks that made you train better and just focused on that the entire time with no interruptions.

Was... Was that talking about me at the end there?

>Assuming you took all the perks that made you train better and just focused on that the entire time with no interruptions.
I think you might want to re-read:
>seals all your powers

...Are you retarded?

I think you might want to re-read:
>with just what's in the jump
The jump has training boosters.

whats the point of immortality/eternal youth perks if your age gets changed at the beginning of each jump?

Long jumps, post chain, and jumper autism.

I largely ignore age rolls unless it really comes into play for an origin or setting, say pokemon, digimon, ps238 and Harry Potter.

So you don't pickle in jumps with long time spans.

Was somebody making or thinking of making a Guilty Gear jump?

For if you intentionally or accidentally end your chain.

OAA was considering making a "jump" for it awhile back, but Val and NuBee thankfully took it over before that could happen.

Timmy, its three AM, go to fucking bed

>Oh and the lizard and the fish were dykes I guess.
Bwahahahaha.

Also holy shit Remi does not play around.

>Remi acts like Temi Housemaster 99% of the time
>And acts like Satan the other 1% of the time

Y'know I was not expecting this when I asked for a companion for Carl but sure, I'll take it. Do you know where you're going next, or do you want suggestions?

i actually get more hype for chapters of carl fucking around than for most new jumps

Mmm... Not where I am. And just speaking the truth doesn't make me a shitposter. Was anything I said incorrect?

He sleeps like four hours a day, it's freakish.

How many of your companions consider themselves to be your subordinates?

Remi's currently on a trial period so we'll see how 1% Satan works out. I have some jumps lined up with builds ready to go and I fill them out when I have ideas. Suggestions would be nice but I'm afraid to ask for them because I'm not super into anime and dislike disappointing people.

Reminder: If you identify with anything Remi said, please refer to the context and realize you're not that bad... You just have self-esteem issues is all.

"Why" "do" "you" "use" "quotations" "so" "much"?
It's "weird".

Damn that's impressive. Who can sleep for a full four hours every day? I can barely manage three and it still feels like I'm cutting out too much valuable procrastination time.

Language: Alien concept.
Quotations: Expressing disgust for language.
Self: Mocking imitation of humanity.

What perks are good for killing large dangerous insects, specifically for the purposes of Cazador Genocide?

Tv Tropes is your Friend.
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicAndPowers

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Settings

>tvtropes
>friend

Filthy normie scum reeeee

TV TROPES IS YOUR FRIEND!
Tv Tropes is happy. Tv Tropes is crazy.
Tv Tropes will help you become happy. This will drive you crazy.

That was an entertaining take on Undertale.

So I have a dumb Skyrim question. If you finish your prophecy early can you still stay the full 25 or 50 years?

> "Why are you taking your pants off?"
I like Remi.

Long jumps, mostly. I mean, even if there's some kind of gimme where the jump says "you'll survive until the end of the jump assuming no accidents", that usually doesn't say anything about aging, and I'd rather not turn into a prune if I can help it.

I'm gonna say, like... 10%. Unless we're counting all the Waddle Dees separately, in which case it's more like 99%.

Terra Formers gives you infinite bug spray. It doesn't work on the Johj, but you could take it into any future jump and do whatever it is you want to do with literally infinite amounts of liquid poison calibrated for bug destruction.

TV Tropes is good for ideas, or getting a generalized "feel" for a setting, or for wasting time. It is kindof total shit at objectivity or community, though.

Like, shit, I'll take you losers over TV Tropes' userbase any day.

I don't see why you couldn't, personally.

How is the Darth Bane Trilogy Jump coming along?

1) Protection from being aged to death.
2) Jumps/drawbacks with long durations, or with victory conditions.

There are three choices at the end of a jump. Only one of them results in age being changed - and even that isn't universal, as some jumps have you keep your current age.

In an unVal-like fashion.

It is progressing though

it's a big jump

For yoUanon

>Like, shit, I'll take you losers over TV Tropes' userbase any day.
I love you too, KonataAnon

Thanks, Konota. You're the soul of this place.

Jumpers!

What did you do in Star Wars?

So; DS3 as a first jump. Good idea? Bad idea? Pic related by virtue of being in the game, I guess.

Dark Souls anything is kind of a depressing way to start a chain, but if that's what you're going for, more power to you.
Better grind like a motherfucker, though.

Short version, I was BatVader.
Long version, I dressed up as Vader during KotOR and the Clone Wars and basically worked as a vigilante. I refused to answer to either the Jedi Council or the Senate but I would work with them when needed. I did what I could to help bring peace and strike fear into those who prayed on the innocent while constantly berating the council for being idiots.
In the Original Trilogy I was a droid with force powers. I don't feel like saying any more because I just really enjoy the thought of that and people's reaction to it.
"We don't take your kind her-urgkkkk"
"Did that droid just force choke the bartender?"
"Beep Boop mother fucker!"

I'm more than a hundred jumps into my a chain and I still don't have a name for my Jumper.

Does anyone else have that problem?

You mean you don't call your Jumper Jumper?

I do in my writefagging but it's a placeholder. I'm thinking about calling her Ceridwen... maybe... though it kinda sucks... Idk.

I actually have the opposite problem, in that I change my name almost every jump. Many of my companions originally knew me as different names than others did. I mean, sure, I have some recurring names that I use over and over, but just as often I come up with an entirely new name for the jump. I have at least ten different names that I can recall off the top of my head, and there are almost certainly more that my jumper has actually gone by!

behindthename.com/random/

jumper just adopted the Sagebrecht name, simplified things a lot.

Hey Val, since you're adding capstone boosters into some older things, are you thinking of one for Dragonball GT? Jump Fighter seems like it was made for that since you usually have them at 500 and it looks too expensive without that.

Aggressive mech politics

Thanks! I tried it and got Jian which is pretty good since I often call my Jumper "J."

Hadn't really thought of that actually. Not opposed to it, long as I can think up booster ideas. I'd probably have to have the companion permanently fuse with you or at least start out fused for the capstone boost though.

Hmm. Might drop it by 100 anyway, probably is too expensive.

Could Shirou's tracing abilities work on blades that aren't strictly magical? Say Ki/Chi was the big thing in the setting?

Most likely.

And.... it's not particularly draining for Shirou to produce weapons above what he has any right to wield, right?

Oh no, it usually is. Tracing outside his fully activated RM is prohibitively expensive, though obviously it's a lot less so when you're not limited by normal human reserves. Even EMIYA can't do too many higher ranked NP traces outside of his RM though.

>Capstone boosters
My budget won't be able to take it! Stop!

What do you think would happen if I tried to use Forerunner technology against Desolate Era cultivators?

>you're not limited by normal human reserves
Not a problem. Thank you.

Big explosions or meatblobs.

>What would happen if I used reality warper technology against reality warper kung-fu warriors

In what way?

>What would happen if I used reality warper technology against reality warper kung-fu warriors

Since when were the forerunners reality warpers? They couldnt even defeat a meatblob parasite. Granted the tech is nice and all but its not like its all that impressive.

Ugh. Can I put my vote than as a "Please don't." for throwing capstone boosts onto this?

I don't really see any connection between it and the capstones (aside from the Android one), it'd just feel really damn forced.

Almost all capstone boosters don't really have much reason for the boosts they give and most of the boosts don't really have any canon justification either.

Eh, most things, mine included, don;t have much relation or connection to what they're boosting. In most jumps it's just "You're more powerful/have a powerful ability and thus other abilities you had are more powerful". I don't really mind things like there being a reason for the boosts, since I never really have and neither have many others, so much as trying to make the boosts appealing and on the level with each other.

Usually there's at least some vague justification though? But I take your point, most capstone boosters are shit.

Go ahead, I guess. I'll just shut up about it, and grump in silence.

Since I'm doing it anyway, is there anything anyone wants added to GT? Just in terms of general perks, general items, companions or drawbacks.

A Majin Waifu

You'll need to wait for Xenoverse for that

Who are the main bad guys in DC Occult?

More planets, I guess? If you're going to do the capstone boost thing, then if you're boosting items too that could help there, upgrading the planets to solar systems?

Eeeh, thought about it but can't think of anything for Warlord's cap upgrade, the HFIL one.

Is there a way to share or lend a perk to someone? Specifically I'm looking for a way to temporarily grant someone magic, for a few years at least but that can be undone or will end over time.

Hey Val, Nasu question: do someone with the MEoDP have to personally strike the lines and points od Death for it to work or could you do it from a distance? An example that comes to mind is using a projectile weapon to strike something's Points Of Death, or even telefragging a needle into it with Raildex Teleporting.

Mussolini was just a man who liked to walk around shirtless.

It got out of hand.

Maybe also getting the Snake Way and tiny King Kai planet above it?

I'm...not sure. I know it'd be very hard to trace the lines from ranged but...theoretically you should be able to hit points from ranged? If someone more up to date with Tsukihime can correct that, it'd be great.

Hm, so more like expanding it to a fuller afterlife?

>Hm, so more like expanding it to a fuller afterlife?
That would seem cool to me, yes.

Well, why not.

Now I am going to need to buy it.

Trigon, Klarion, not sure who else?

Housing Eternal Victors Now, or HEVN.

You brilliant bastard.

>theoretically you should be able to hit points from ranged
That's rather cool, also do you think someone could use various forms of clairvoyance and/or remote viewing to view the lines and points from a distance? If so then it would make for excellent scry-and-die tactics

I'm...not sure actually. I'm really not that up to date on the MEoDP. It might be something that has to be physically seen with the two eyes or it might not? Sorry I can't offer clear advice here.

Ah well. Browsing through various wiki pages has given me the idea that the MEoDP work through a 'connection to the Root' of some sort, allowing one to perceive the Death of things, combined with the fact that the MEoDP wiki page mentions that you could still see the lines/points even if you poked your eyes out or became blinded in some way.

That one wasn't me. I'm more trap ambivalent.

Y'know, he probably would seeing as he does in the game and he has your old clothes burned for some reason so he can put you in a vault suit.

It would just be a regular old pip boy though and lack the bells and whistles of the one you can buy in jump.

I'll have to play the new one to update it. I'm sure I'll get round to that at some point even if I can't speak to the whole spider loli thing at the moment.

Twi'lek king with a lot of dark side powers in the Original Trilogy is probably the most fun one.

Freed slaves, liberated/conquered Ryloth, warred with the Hutts and was generally surrounded by dancing girls. I was the in-shape and angry sort of twi'lek bloke rather than the fat and corrupt type.

Okay, GT update with capstone booster companion thingy and boosts. Ended up leaving it at 500, since I forgot he grows with you.

H-HAYAI

damn girl you fast