/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

first

you are only the first replier, but you are not the first poster in this thread

it is a joy forever denied to you

hmm maybe you're smart after all

>SDA saying Spacefuture is getting on his nerves

Still haven't quite started on a new project, although I am piecing the background together. What I'm most worried about is that the Symbiosis path, which turned out fairly popular, doesn't have any above-ground analog for those who want it. How should I go about resolving this?

How do you come up with companions, /cyoag/? I can create a few, slowly over time, but what about for projects that require a large number of other characters?

you don't need detail in that case

if you really do, then start ripping off characters from media, but make it subtle

>
All right, I’ll repost it

>Name
Nero Ampero
>Your Path
The Darker Path (-10)
>Race/Age/Gender
Human, 17, Male
>Starting Location
Atlas Academy

Nero Ampero, a guy who never ask’d for any of this, but who prevails at the odds. He’s the typical poor family guy who always wished for more, (power, money, a better life, you name it). He thoutgh the fastest and only way to achieve said wish was walking a less than honorable path, but he doesn’t care, as long as he gets what he wants, he’ll do it. His wishes and his will are the only things that keep him alive.

>Semblance
Null
>Gifts
Beacon of Ferocity (-10)
Bastion of Will (-10)
Flawless Memory (-20)
Boundless Strength (-20)
Unrivalled Agility (-20)
Endless Energy (-20)
>Talents
Tracker
>Weapons
Prosthetic [x2] (Arms -800L)
>Upgrades
Blaster AUG (-250 L)
Stylish (-50 L)
>Miscellaneous Items
Armor (-100 L)
>Drawbacks
Fated (+40)
Aggro Magnet (+200 L)

While it may not be the better suited for killing Grimm, if you could describe Nero with a word it could be: Killer. After all, his work before becoming a Hunter was putting an end to the life he was tasked to (being 95% of the time Human or Faunus) thanks to his Semblance and his “inhuman-like” capabilities. Also not particularly good at anything but tracking whoever he wish (or is tasked) to find (thanks again, old life).

(1/2)

>What the future holds
The Tournament
Old Friends
The Father of Death

>Your New Team
Rouge Le’chance
Lutz Eisenblut
Zuri E’Bardhe

>Foes
It That Speaks

How did such individual end up in an Academy? Well, let’s say Nero find out that becoming a Hunter granted him entrance to many doors, which could help him achieve what he wishes for. One of his formers bosses, heard about this and since he saw potential in him, he actually help him join Atlas Academy. Of course this wasn’t kind hearted, because, with time, Nero was going to pay the favor back by a tenfold.

He meet his new team at the Academy, Rougue, a girl who is always competing to be the best at anything. Lutz, a laidback guy who doesn’t care what they do as long as he doesn’t do much and Zuri, a girl, which Nero cares the most because he holds her as his only friend, and the only person Nero feels comfortable talking about his past (not all of it and not the important details, for sure).

They became team NRLZ

(2/2)

Does anyone here enjoy arguing so much that they samefag posts with support and agreement for their opponent just to egg them on? That would be pretty dumb right? Haha...

>nrlz
zrln fits the colour rule, since it sounds like Zelen- the russian for greenery/green

Team ZRLN then

That works better on /v/.

Happened in couple thread back, about the art discussion.

"Happened"

Happened = simple past tense and past participle of happen.

"Happened"

"Happened"

>shitposting this early

thread doomed

Never happened

Yep. Also when you know a particular user is likely in the thread and pushing their buttons.

Man, why is Sakura Aragachi such best girl?

"Happened"

Let's hope the report button works.

Better question, why do people sometimes post tiny versions of CYOAs?

>How do you come up with companions, /cyoag/?
How to write companions: By user.
>Look at image
>Write the first thing that comes to mind
The End.

thing im working on to get better at photshop while slightly tired of my main project. i need like 6-7 pics now. not as great as the person whom i'm obviously mimicking, but eh. Should be done in a day or two, possibly by the weekend. will be made sfw so it complies and shit.

How do you write companions worth shit though?

Use this

>another wank-material cyoa
eugh

Have each companion reveal something about the setting. For example if the setting is about a Goblin Invasion then you could have one character named John Doe. His description reads "Always a shrewd businessman, when the capital fell to the goblins he bribed a minor warboss to allow for many citizens to flee unharmed. He is willing to teach you the ways of negotiating with these beasts."

With this one quote we have done three things
1. Established that shit is fucked when we mention that Goblins took the capital.
2. Told the player about John's character, he was willing to pay to help other people get out of harms way, not just himself.
3. Established his function. The last sentence allows the player to perceive some use in adding John to the party.

The example above was made in about 5 seconds but you get the general idea.

How does Italics go about making decent and interesting characters?

I know right? If only there was some brave hero to save us from this waifu hell by making a nice CYOA... Oh wait a minute, that one could be you!

He doesn't.

He doesn't?

She isn't. You just got shit taste. Lughichi is worth impregnating and marrying.

I could see it well enough to save it, and didn't think much of it. I'll be downloading your version now though, seeing as it's much clearer than mine.

Speaking of, I totally failed to download the mystery box to this one.

>beasts
I admit it, I saw it and read "breasts".

Because you're a loser into momdom.

He maybe doesn't?

Can I skip that boring wall-o-text ?

explain this WIP explosion, cyoababs

Looks good, one question, what with all the death note references.

>the mistress of magic
since "dont cheat" is obvious and evil/"evil" isnt a downside

Anyone have that yandere waifu cyoa where the girls are school girls, your city got invaded by aliens, and the girls had psychic powers? The mystery box was an alien princess in human form.

it was shit

Why do people like his waifu cyoas so much, is this some kind of weeb magic I don't understand?

that's a shame because the mystery box is the best option for this one

>How do you write companions worth shit though?
Appeal to user's waifu lust. See This is actual good advice if you want to not appeal to the lowest common denominator. If you want (You)'s I advice the "appeal to dick" method.

Here you go.

No, I meant worth shit, not worthless shit.

See Italics appeals to your desire to be a protagonist (power fantasy) and to your desire to be desired by women (sexual power fantasy).

Italics has made good non-waifu characters though. Also interesting setting and world.

>This is actual good advice if you want to not appeal to the lowest common denominator.
Prove it. Really, I want to see that.

People eat up RWBY shit and stroke their dicks to lewd CYOAs with rearranged options they've seen before and it's the streamlined anime waifus that gets your panties in a bother?

>Italics appeals to your desire to be the protagonist
>You are 1 of a million literal whos in Order doing the same job.
>The Hero in Pokemon is a literal who janitor and people only wank the title because of the previous occupant

>Prove it
What is Villain, Meliorate, Genesis, D, Hagia, King and etc.

This waifu is legit kinda cool

that certainly changes the story

I too would like to negotiate with, some breasts..some fine, fine breasts.

The real question is how anyone here can muster a sense of superiority or elitism when this all boils down to imagination wank, no matter which way you slice it.

I don't know what that is user. What are they?

>It was shit.
Why? It was pick a waifu with lore in it. The girls are pretty decent. Do you just hate Italics or waifus?

Too bad. All of the breasts here are wild and vicious things.

Non-waifu characters who are pretty good. Well, Hagia is a waifu.

Because CYOA's tell a story, and then place the player in that story. Whether it's zodiac waifu orgy combat or stardust, there is a background the players decisions. That is if its not "stroke your dick to these three options". which is fine to. Still though the elitism is a shitty thing to do.

the lore wasn't presented in the cyoa/was poorly presented in the cyoa

didn't like any of the girls

Responding to
From the last thread 'cause I sorta gotta.
>universal behavior
It's widespread, but not universal. There are exceptions, one of which is one of the neighbors. Still, the exceptions are fairly uncommon.
>starting their own repair business
Hard to do when they're not taught how to make the repairs themselves. Y'know how it goes, "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll eat for the rest of his life"
Also, reposting WIP before I begin working on the second page. Just in case there's anything else left to be said.

Why does /cyoag/ complain about waifus and escapism everyday?

I don't know, it's something about the human condition I think, or maybe sapiant life in general. Even if you and everyone else in the world lived on a mountain of shit, most people would want to live at the top of the mountain to look down on everyone else.

Its escapism can't you see. Its not healthy.

Escapism is the most healthy thing one can do. Have you seen the world we all exist?

Those two aren't mutually exclusive.

If we were all trapped in a cyoa, I’d honestly be the asshole pulling that shit

>Yeah, spaceships are cool and all, but when are we going home

>Didn't like any of the girls.
>Not getting your dick wet with alien princess pussy.
user.

>Lore was poorly presented.
I think that has do with the fact the cyia was based of a WIP by Italics.

I can definitely see the appeal of Lughichi, but Sakura
>Works on creative projects I could enjoy reading, and would likely be willing to help me with my own creative projects.
>Cuddles as a way to relax and destress, and man do I love cuddling.
>Is rather forward and protective of me as far as being "hers" in the relationship, and the thought of being the one chased in a relationship just appeals to me a lot more than the norm.

>Get pulled in a CYOA
>Want to go home
Are you daft?

I dare you to stay in this CYOA

What is exactly a medium? What they can do? Also it is nice you didn't abandon the project

Some CYOAs you're better off not living in, like Blood Magic.

This place is too much as an anonymous thread that I can close whenever. I can’t imagine being caught in a fantastical universe with this crowd, let alone super powered and tied by destiny or some shit. That’s like trading my mother for 24/7 SDA. Not worth.

You see, some people are better at imagination. Wanking, too. So the elitism actually makes more sense than "we're all shit so breath deep".

I am no faggot, will do it.

None of that contradicts with being fine.

I picked her the first time I saw the CYOA many moons ago. She's legit one of the few times where the mystery box blows the real options out of the waters.

>Get trapped in Pomemon Personified
>Fear getting raped by Pasille and dealing with other shit

Missed this last thread, looks good, maybe go into detail about the races, a bunch of races are the result of curses, thats cool, what kind of curse? Are the protectorate the only one's with magic? How are the races different from humans?

Why is it this place attracts such a staggering number of guys who want a girl that play the role of the man in the relationship?

>Not raping Pasille into submission and tender love.
What are you, an underage faggot that has n ever known the touch or love of a woman other than their mothers?

>fearing rape by Pasille
>not fearing jealous husbando (female)

>still haven't posting build
>not a faggot
Come on, faggot.

Less work

Even though I’m not into femdom, it is amazing how many of my choices in CYOAs boil down to being lazy.

Yeah totally, i mean come on, i am totally down to conquering the world with my waifu and i'd be surprised if somebody here wouldn't be up for that either
Anyways, malevolent plots of conquering the world aside i think it would be actually kinda fun to hang out with her

>Cubus
Why can they only leave for 15 years? What happens if they don't?
>Rebirth
>Spacious
>Bright
>Modern
>Minimalist
>Ayasu condos
I'll be honest, I didn't bother reading those descriptions since the title gives it away.
>Ruka
No need to worry I'm not talking to her, she can't pamper me.
>Canvas and brushes
>Notebook
>PC
I feel like there should be a point at some time? What's this about, why are you making it?