What setting has the best cosmology?

What setting has the best cosmology?

4e d&d

GURPS Infinite Worlds

Gor

Bionicle

Anyone where the Cosmology isn't empirically proven and demonstrable.

The Elder Scrolls and Bionicle

Looking back, it is pretty preferable to a lot of d&d cocmology, and pulls the disparate elements together in a much more refined, coherent way.

Dragonball Z, before Super.

>There are Kaioshin
>They actually take care of the universe
>The only reason they're not active is because of a series of accidents, basically
>The afterlife is guaranteed and even hell isn't that bad
>Magic is real
>Dinosaurs and wildlife everywhere
>High technology

Kill 6 Billion Demons

This, so much so. Screw the Great Wheel sideways with a polearm, 4e gave us a cosmology that made sense, worked, and was actually fun to play in.

You mean the setting where death is nearly pointless, planetary gods are just a job, the highest of gods are frankly incompetent, the literal king of demons ends up going to heaven (and apparently hell and the demon realm are different things), and you can build robots stronger than beings that terrified one of the few competent gods in the series in a cave, with a box of scraps? Where alien monkey people are the strongest race and get bullshit powerups left and right in a way that makes the difference between Fighters and Wizards look balanced? Let's not forget the bubblegum monster that killed all the gods named after a line in a Cinder-fucking-rella song. It's a kitchen sink setting, and one developed by a guy who made shit up as he went along. It shows.

>You mean the setting where death is nearly pointless, planetary gods are just a job, the highest of gods are frankly incompetent, the literal king of demons ends up going to heaven (and apparently hell and the demon realm are different things
makes sense to me

Give me a quick rundown.

I really liked the Great wheel and hated 4e's cosmology till I read Fell's Five, now I like both.

It's barely even trying to be coherent.

>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

I'm a big fan of the Cosmere, and the 3 realms in that, with all the shards and worlds and stuff. If only Sanderson wrote faster, I'm a greedy cunt that needs more books.

>You mean the setting where death is nearly pointless
Literally how is this bad? What are you, a fucking stupid "death gives us meaning" pleb?

>the highest of gods are frankly incompetent
No. The remaining Kaoishin has had to take on 4x+ his normal workload, plus lost all his mentors. He's winging it.

>the literal king of demons ends up going to heaven (and apparently hell and the demon realm are different things)
Lol y u mad tho?

>and you can build robots stronger than beings that terrified one of the few competent gods
Now that part is bullshit, but the androids are still cool.

>Let's not forget the bubblegum monster
Already mentioned.

The Dragon Universe could be 90x more shitty and it'd still be more utopian than this fucking hell.

You have three fundamental planes of infinite scale; the Far Realm, which is the insane unholy Lovecraftian universe that exists outside of reality as we define it; the Astral Sea, the realm of the deities, and the Elemental Chaos, a shifting morass of ever-changing elemental energies and matter that is the former realm of the Primordials.

Suspended between the two, we have the mortal world and its two mirror planes; the Land of the Fae (Feywild) and the Land of the Dead (Shadowfell).

We also have the Abyss as a literal festering wound in the "flesh" of the Elemental Chaos, leading down tothe Seed of Evil, the crystallized last remains of a dead universe that was consumed by malevolent, hungry gods who want to do the same thing to this universe.

That last part is kind of a secret.
General knowledge is just that the shard of pure evil was thrown into the elemental chaos by a mad god named Tharizdun and formed the abyss.
From where a piece of it was later stolen by a celestial being named Asmodeus and forged into a weapon to kill the god he served and seize their power and domain for his own.
It worked more or less except the part where the divine domain was shattered and all its residents corrupted, forming the Nine Hells and birthing its devilish denizens

Bionicle has been getting a lot of love lately, I approve heartily.

Well what is the point of having death if it is pointless?

Unknown armies.

Early bionicle is maximum comfy

Source for the abyss thing?

Darkest Dungeon.

Berserk.