Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

New Eldar start collecting edition

>Previous

>Warhammer Community news(New releases for the Death Guard: Multipart Plague Marines and new characters)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/07/new-releases-for-the-death-guard-multipart-plague-marines-and-new-characters/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=vJGqxQYx9sE

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

First for the tallarn guard

3st for chaos

Itt we post SoB femdom

Nah, those aren't Tallarn.

They're too slow.

So how bout that new super heavy primaris tank?

>Change the Torsion Cannons to 2 shots and give it +1 To Hit against monsters as it can grab more of them in each grav-field to twist and maul.
I was thinking making them D21d3 for more reliable damage.
It's mostly their WS and BS that hurts them, especially when Vanguard exist and can do what they can for 90pts vs 141+.
And Hydraulic Claws only AP-1? Come on!
But OMG there's no reason at all to the Torsion cannon ever!

So I guess wraithguard are moving to either Troops (for a Patrol detachment) or Heavy Support (for a Spearhead detachment) then?

Straight shota is written as second only to Straight Yuri in holyness in the lectitio divinitatus

Looking to name my Tau Longstrike proxy.. It's a tank crew, opposed to one guy in a suit, any Tau names that'd fit, or is there a site with more tau garble than the 7th codex?

Reminder that this guy draws those lewd SoB pics

Or Getting Started boxes aren't meant to be "detachment in a box" type deals.

>ywn be used as a pent up hormone dump by multiple warrior women
>ywn have battle sisters interrupt your work trying to rid themselves of their sexual frustration
Honestly life's hard in the guard

A hero.

But why russians always gotta look so alien?

Yea name it the panzykamfwagon

I can feel the track suit and squatting from the thumbnail alone.

>Primaris intercessors are much better (than Kataphron Breachers), even if their damage output by themselves isn't fantastic. That said, they have a clear anti-infantry role, can kite effectively, have space marine statlines, and can get buffed by characters for serious reroll potential.
It's not like Breachers aren't similar. It's just that they cost 47pts, paying for +1W and 6++, while the Intercessors cost less than half, at 20pts.
That's what makes them more cost effective.

Tell me about all of those army ideas you still haven't delivered on, user.

This actually brings up some shit that i was thinking about recently. How come the Rhino Primaris cant transport Primaris marines?

Because it predates Primaris Marines and has nothing to do with them.

I thought every one up till now was a legal force out of the box, even the slightly silly tyranids one thanks to some formation. Maybe I remembered wrong though.

True. Brilliant source of conversion parts,though. I have six Destroyers with grav, who've served me extremely well in both editions and the sprues are great.
Used the Torsion Cannon ends and the melee weapons to make my 20 Servitor Fulgurites, used the armour to make some cyber-occularis and I'm thinking of combining some Heavy Arc Rifles to make counts-as Twin Hbolters for my Mechanicum aircraft conversions.

>But why russians always gotta look so alien?
He looks like just iCarly's brother.
Spencer confirmed to be based femdom-drawing slav.

Boring vanilla Night Lords.

CSM squads, the odd raptors and so on.

>tfw I got my baneblade 8 months ago
>tfw dubs declared it shall be named "sister fister"
>tfw I still haven't delivered because baneblades sucked until about a week ago and I still haven't painted it
It haunts me daily

Checked

Throw in the best generic non-character infantry from each army into a 1v1 gauntlet. Who comes out on top?

>>ywn be used as a pent up hormone dump by multiple warrior women
Cheep up soldier, some of the Ogryn auxiliaries we're getting tomorrow happen to be ladies. At least that's what it says on the papers - not entirely sure how to tell the difference. And not too eager to find out.
That reaction image is just wrong - that mouth wasn't meant to be put on that body.

What are these Vehicle Creation rules? Is that for 40k or one of the spinoff games?

How is this a 'start collecting' box?
It's as bad as the AoS one with a pair of giants.

>baneblade

Although I'm just German enough to do so, I'm not going to. (Idk why people think taufags are all weebs, I definitely got into it for the fascist 'we know what's good for y'all' wank and giant tank barrels)

FUCK YOU user

Please come through

>Used the Torsion Cannon ends and the melee weapons to make my 20 Servitor Fulgurites, used the armour to make some cyber-occularis and I'm thinking of combining some Heavy Arc Rifles to make counts-as Twin Hbolters for my Mechanicum aircraft conversions.
Can I see?

Honestly if someone redrew emergence but with umi as the main character I'd probably give up on humanity

I remember the Sister Fister. Get to work, Veeky Forums is counting on you.

>reading through everyone screaming how IG superheavies are stupidly OP
>look at FW Xenos index and see Eldar tanks are the same except literally better- about 100 points more than the others for BS2+ and insane guns
>not that I'm complaining though, Eldar suck and can use the help I guess

Also, I have a question about the dispersion field "move x for 4++/5++/etc."- is there anything against moving up 20 inches, moving back 20 inches, and RAW technically going 40"? The tanks seem good and I know some tourneyfags with these, I need a counter to that kinda bullshit

I like it. What do you think a Start Collecting box should be?

It should ideally have: lots of models, a good saving on the individual models and a good points value.

This meets 2 criteria for me at least.

At this point i want Plastic sisters just so i can have my Nuns with guns femdom army to play against my friends.

Well, perhaps cost effectiveness is a factor, but in my mind as a marine player and former admech player, they don't really synergize with the rest of the stuff, nor do they have a clear focus to make them a pressing threat to the enemy, whereas Intercessors can be made to function as a speedy and aggressive unit in addition to their role as tough backline troops, if specced out for it.

7e detachment shenanigans.

I'm collecting these, can I get one for the Valhallan 'Send in the Next Wave' stratagem?

Or maybe one for the new Valkyrie?

New codex coming out this year, so how will tyranids get fucked over this time?

They can't ruin a three edition streak

>tfw shadowsword does 27 wounds statistically to a knight
Just imagine watching through your scope as a blinding light fills your vision, and you just see a traitor knight with a chimera sized hole in its torso stumble around and fall before exploding

>Eldar: Falcon and 3 jetbikes, jetseer
>IG: Russ, 10 guardsmen, HW team, commissar

Only reason most sets are workable as a small force is because they come with 10 models that can be fielded as two 5 model units of Troops.

Well now that i have learned that i am just angry about the name of the Primaris marines

>one troop unit
>one elite, heavy support unit or dedicated transport
>one character, in an ideal world multi-pose and multi-purpose, as good for a sergeant as for a warlord
So you could buy two and have started "collecting", rather than buy one and have 1/6 of a 1500 points army. Admech came closest to this.

Point per point, a Crusader squad.
Free for all, 12 Kataphron Destroyers. That's 36 T5 3+ wounds equipped with 12 Russ Executioner Plasma cannons and Cognis flamers.

Plot twist, instead of the different orders or whatever for chapter tactics it's Japanese girl stereotypes
>yandreres reroll ones
>tsunderes ignore cover
>genkis can advance and shoot
seriously someone euthanize me

It was a limited availability command tank. I believe it was Warhammer World exclusive. So for most people it might as well have not existed.

Aaaaarrrrgghh

>is there anything against moving up 20 inches, moving back 20 inches, and RAW technically going 40"?
Sure, it's called common sense. Anyone that tries that bullshit should be ostracized.

Some actual basic troops would be nice.

GW seems to be gearing themselves more and more towards big 'action figure' miniatures instead of armies.

It's just the name of the vehicle. I wish it could though.

What? I thought the vehicle was just meant for fires of cryraxus or whatever it was.

admech box was crazy good to be fair, same with tau

I've always wanted to make 30k imperial army out of vostroyans but I play a lot of chaos armies and I don't really know how I'd get them looking renegade enough

The Chaos Space Marine one is pretty great. The Chaos Terminator Lord kit can also make a Sorcerer, so, while the pose is gonna be very similar, it gives you 2-4 CSM squads, two Helbrutes, and two different and useful HQ's.

What the fuck is that halo ass anime ass bullshit?

It's like.. Thematic I guess?
It's absolutely awful though but if war walkers and wraithlords become useable I guess it's better.

I love that tank.

>Eldar super-heavy tanks doing vertical loop the loops around the same point

Aaaaaah those are Elites. I thought they meant troops instead of regular whatever infantry!
Then bring Fulgurites that cause mortal wounds on contac. No hit rolls needed >:^)

>some factions still don't have a Start Collecting
>Eldar get two
Gay. I look forward to you faggots getting your first shitty codex and whining about no longer being OP for the first time in the army's existence.

>tsundere isnt Re-Roll charges/hits in CC
I-Its not like i want to attack you up close or anything B-Baka

As if wooby could hurt a fly

They would make sense if Holy Requisitioner was still a thing in 8E. Eh, I suppose Lucius exists.

Would this make a good Valhallan artillery crew member?

No.

Valhallans are cold weather troops. does she look dressed for cold weather?

With those hips you couldn't fit 2 on a 60mm base

Kekked so hard my voice echoed in my room and made me aware I need a bit more furniture.
Are there more powerful non-squat squatters?

nope

>first shitty codex and whining about no longer being OP for the first time in the army's existence.
Eldar are not very good at all RIGHT NOW

Go dark eldar or harlequins. We're the true space elves that actually win

Wanted to make a tyranid army based around only the warrior and carnifex bodies, made biovores, hive/tyrant guard, and a hive tyranfrom the kits them stopped. Might start up again desu, it was fun for a time

What are people's thoughts on the most general use Leman Russ loadout?

I'm thinking Battle Cannon, Lascannon, 2 Heavy Bolters.

>Imperial Guard

Aaaarrgghhhh

Conscript (((Nerf)))

No. You are a true disciple of Slaneesh

ally rules fucking when?

Sure, let me just move all the papers off my desk that has a decent light. Both are currently unpainted, since I still have some skittles to build, but I have time off soon and I suspect I'll batch paint a bunch of dudes.

I actually do really like that thing, but I think it would be much better as an Admech superheavy with Twin Heavy Neutron Lasers and such.

Hey, if it's good I could always just buy one, shave off the eagles and Admech it up a bit. SHAux dets are good for that.

Who?

Don't have a codex yet.

Never, I fucking hope.

I wonder if TSons will get a Start Collecting box once they get their Codex. I figure if Death Guard got as many new units as they did then TSons should get enough to make a Start Collecting viable.

Never. Get fucked WAACo.

what would be in it?

DG don't have one since they don't have a HQ to sell atm. If we get a separate Malignant Plaguecaster or Lord of Contagion they could get a new box with maybe a HQ, Plague Marines and a Bloat Drone.

Very autistic anime girl picture in

Exactly, some characters are meant to remain pure, spared the vile and corrupting touch of the heartless monsters that wear human face.

...you can already bring allies in the same detachment (if they share at least one keyword like IMPERIUM), or in different detachments.
You can bring an IG detachment and then another one that is AdMech or nurgle.
You just don't get xenos in Imperium transports :^)

>cold weather troops

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh

Didn't those come with a special formation sheet in the box though? A bit of a contrived solution, admittedly, but GW always made the Start Collecting boxes legal for play.

>WAACo
I just want an excuse to field a bunch of wraithguard along with my infantry/armored tau

Oh its from Love Live sunshine. of course i dont know who she is. Fucking shit sequal

Hell, they don't even really need any new models. Just give us the plastic Sorcerer, a squad of Rubricae, and a 'Fiend. Or give us Exalteds, Tzaangors, and a 'Brute. Or give us Ahriman, Scarab Occult, and some Cultists.

>CWE Codex releases
>It's even better than Guard
Would /40kg/ ever recover?

>It's as bad as the AoS one with a pair of giants.
It's not a start collecting - it's an allies box

>Like marines could contest against 50 conscripts back in Index in the first place.
Now they ignore half the orders and have less size, what else do you want? Swarm rule where D3 die at a time or something? Fuck off.

Dislike this repurposing of the Stannis meme. Stannis is not a whinger.