media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA_FiendishOptions.pdf

>Trove:
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previous Thread
Now that dust has settled, thoughts on this month's UA?

Other urls found in this thread:

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BkTkbMc3W
fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WOTC5EXGTE
youtube.com/watch?v=v3PjdRkzu1k
realmshelps.net/charbuild/classes/alternate/antipaladin.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Levistus is the coolest duke of hell

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BkTkbMc3W

Arcane Paladin Oath, enjoy my shitty homebrew and shit all over it please.

Is there any mega with Devin's tokens?

fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WOTC5EXGTE

Reminder that FG's page for XGE has a bunch of previews showing off more stuff from it.

I think it's cool. I'm not huge on Tieflings, personally, but more character options is always good. It lets me use it as either examples or inspiration for other shit. I also hope that they do similar things with other races, maybe Hobgoblins or something.

I like it, having a quick and easy way to vary up cultists is cool, and I like the boons a lot. The tiefling subraces are alright as well

Anyone have this pdf?
If not I may buy it. How do I submit it to the trove?

>First thing is a feat at level 3
And it's fucking garbage

"your class can do things" isn't a high-value boon, it's the fucking expectation when your DM says you can be a Fire Cleric knowing that he's dumping you into places and against enemies where you're useless
>yeah you can play a ranger but in this universe, everyone can summon food with their minds and see and sort labeled footprints of everyone who has ever walked
>sure you can be a fighter but every enemy is made out of neutronium and can't be damaged by physical weapons
>by all means play a rogue but this is a cyberpunk game where every enemy is a robot that cannot be sneak attacked or crit, they have unfailing infravision, heartbeat sensors through walls, echolocation, and insect-grade seismometers, and all the doors are maglocked and proof against thieves tools

I have a better link for everyone to click.
youtube.com/watch?v=v3PjdRkzu1k

>OhNoItsRetarded.png

...i didnt even look at it

>MFW this UA is literally the demons, cults, and Dark Dungeons shit that Jack Chick and soccer moms worldwide had literal anxiety attacks about
>MFW I still don't feel like killing myself when my character dies

>MFW I think of how my family would overreact to this harmless tiefling fun

>ray of enfeeblement
Doesn't really fit the idea of an antimage, considering it lowers strength-based melee damage. Also typo'd
>mage hunter aka mage slayer+
Probably a bit too powerful to give a character a free feat at level 3
>fire with fire
I like it
>arcane absolution
I think that being able to change the element of your damage type without a cost has always been too strong
>elemental ally
Instead of tying CR to your paladin level (summoning a CR 1 creature once per short rest is a bit too good) you should probably tie specific creatures to it, unlocking stronger ones at later levels. Like being able to start off summoning mephits and then later on you get actual elementals
>shun the outsiders
Being able to cast a 4th level spell on short rest at level 3 without maintaining concentration is absurd. Trash can this idea entirely
>living leyline
I like it
>arcane aegis
I like it
>abjurant champion
This is REALLY powerful. That's a good thing, capstones are too damn weak in this game
Overall, I like the idea of it but it's too frontloaded. It also needs tenants, of course. Probably something along the lines of "Magic is extremely dangerous and must be moderated. Those who abuse it must be punished." So some kind of a lawful bent to it

> possibility that tool usage & proficiency rules are finally in some way defined in XGtA.

Thank fucking Christ finally, mechanics and some buffs to anyone who uses tools in the form of finally telling us how to use them.

>I still don't feel like killing myself when my character dies
I always get so happy when one of my characters die. I think I need therapy.

Is spell sniper an important feat for Mage Breaker?
60 foot range on counterspell seems like a big drawback and if you get Eldritch Blast that's a lot of chances to break concentration

>tfw I'm actually more of a religious fundemantalist than my soccer mom

>but this is a cyberpunk game
>youtube.com/watch?v=v3PjdRkzu1k
I think it's time to make a Ghost in the Machine Warlock for a standard fantasy game and hack ye olde technology.
>overloading crossbows, somehow
>blowing out all the streetlamps at once, somehow
>hack your way into a locked chest, somehow
>summon wagons and carts, somehow
>cause cups to "ring" and force people to pick them up to talk to you, somehow
>teleport through gutters, somehow

Reminder Mage Slayer and Sentinel come after the triggering spell/attack.

Poor Mage Slayers get gutted by Shocking Grasp...

user, you're doing it wrong!

Lol wut? I find this stuff harmlessly fun, despite what panic others try to impose upon themselves.

If you're a Mage and you're making melee-based attacks against martials using your full action and only dealing cantrip damage, I think you're the one who's gutted here as soon as initiative rolls around to the other guy.
>teehee he can't reaction attack me so I can walk the rest of my movement away
>oh no he walked after me and action surged and blew me up

>teehee he can't reaction attack me so I can walk the rest of my movement away
>Not shocking grasp + move + misty step
Step up your fucking game, user.

Alternatively you're an EK.

Or ya know Quicken Spell it then cantrip again...

Is there a compiled list of stuff that's gonna be in Xanathars?

Might as well, you're gonna die to javelins anyway and there's no score bonus for leaving a corpse with plenty of spell slots left in it.

Do your maps lack cover? 60ft is quite a way to go with nothing to duck behind.

>he thinks a tactical genius like a martial would ever position himself so that a caster could melee them, use the rest of their movement, and still teleport back into cover
Shit, you probably stepped into an antimagic bear trap just walking up to me.

Would it be worth it to cast Armor Of Agathys then either Quicken Spell or wait a turn to cast Blade Ward?

>Shit, you probably stepped into an antimagic bear trap just walking up to me.
>not just covering your entire body in spikes coated with anti-magic poison
Pleb.

>It's another caster v martial episode

>Ray of Enfeeblement
Touch of idiocy it is, might need to convert it.
>Mage Hunter
I know, I felt the same way. My thinking is that casters as enemies at 3rd level isn't that common so it might not see consistant use until later levels. And it just fit the class. I'm more than happy to change this, I just want something in this vein.
>Arcane Absolution
Have to prepare a damage spell instead of a utility spell seems like a bit of a cost, and I kind of figured it balanced because smiting still uses the slots. What if I adjusted it to "must have a spell prepared of the same slot when you smite" or something like that?
>Elemental Ally
No problem, this is a much cooler idea
>Shun the outsiders
Any suggestions? My first idea was an AoE silence that only effects things with the spellcasting ability, or a some sort of constant disruption for a minute, I knew this was waaay to good.

Thanks for the feedback, love a good critique.

why not just misty step away in the first place and then use your action to dash...

Battleragers get out lmao.

There's a reason Fighter's >>>>>> Battlerager.

>why not just misty step away in the first place and then use your action to dash...
How am I going to shock someone's balls?

Monster Hunter or Monster Slayer?

I feel this way about sessions ending. What, it's over? But what am I going to do with the rest of my day? Don't leave me...!

>What if I adjusted it to "must have a spell prepared of the same slot when you smite" or something like that?
Making it more specific like that balances it out a bit, looks good
>My first idea was an AoE silence or disruption
Perfect. Make it so that when you use it you have the option of either 1) casting silence or 2) ending the concentration of a number of enemies of your choice equal to your CHA modifier (minimum of one)

Post this again when you modify it and put in tenants, I like the idea a lot

Multiclassing into the different archetypes of the same class: Yay or Nay?

Nay.

I'm planning on having my players take a ship from Baldur's Gate to Chult, this will roughly take 26 days.
What sorts of encounters might they chance across? I was thinking of having them harrangued by pirates and sahuagin, and pitted against the elements.

Hell no.

Yay

t. retard you shouldn't listen to at all or you're also dumb

Sure, why not.

I literally can't get my players to play martials anymore. They're all big on charop and view them as a strict downgrade.

Are they correct?

The most effective party would be a Druid, Bard, Wizard and then either a Paladin or Fighter. The other three handle control and buffing the martial while he goes in as the big dick of damage.

Casters all around are better then martials, but the best status condition you can inflict is dead.

>literally can't get my players to play martials
Start throwing anti-magic enemies at them. Silences, enemy martials with Mage Slayer, magic/elemental immunity, and Counterspells out the ass. That'll teach them the value of having a more balanced team

>Ghost ship
>Amnian ship attempting impressment
>Sword duel in which the participants must insult each other in rhyme
>Absurdly high-stakes game of Liar's Dice

>>Sword duel in which the participants must insult each other in rhyme
Goddamn I love that

Arguably best case for the last person is Fighter 2/Paladin 18, just for the Action Surge.

im still pissed there's no infernal paladins

>that missed opportunity last UA
I didn't even know I wanted this

>inb4 "We don't need more evil paladins"

I'm still pissed "evil paladins" are a thing

Eh, ypu could probably pull it off with that one Tiefling that gives extra Smite spells and Oath of Conquest

>nerd don't wanna play a hellknight

Oathbreaker has demonic/hellish fluff.

Maybe if Bladelock wasn't trash...

They were a thing since forever so. I remember reading the first few pages of a forgotten realm novel before deciding it was trash more than a decade ago. It featured a lawful evil paladin sacking a city.

>Edgelord does want to play a hellknight

>I don't have a source but totally trust me

>user doesn't want to let someone have fun

Why would I lie?

desu desu I wish my players were just a tad more bold. They're so scared of being edgy that they all are poor farmers and never want to play a caster.

This page states that anti paladins were a thing in dragon 313.

realmshelps.net/charbuild/classes/alternate/antipaladin.shtml

Stop engaging him. Not knowing about antipaladins shows he's probably just a fake gamer boy. I bet he couldn't name the artist for 2e monstrous manual humanoids or other such trivia.

Yes

You're only half correct, don't mind if people have fun just not with retarded concepts.

Doesn't matter if you're attempting to prove something you have to give actual proof beyond "trust me."

Which changes nothing about my original statement, at least you brought something to the table.

Making a wolf pack boss. This is a quarter of it. Rate how annoying she will be to fight from 1 to 10.

>Tenants
What is he, some sorta divine apartment super?

So you've been annoyed about Blackguards for years?

What level is the party?

Yes

The fight is intended for level 7. It will feature 4 enemies of similiar power level, but different specializations.
The hit points are not final, I'm bad at figuring out how much is enough.

I guess I'm wondering why someone would bother being mad at fun for well over a decade now.

>Evil Gods arbitrarily have no divine warriors of their own but Good Gods do

You're making the same assumption that he did, that I care wether they existed for x amount of time. Bring up an irrelevant point and I'll send you on an irrelevant search.

Oh so you're just backpedaling to save face now.

That's what gets me about it. As though the evil forces of the world would see this shining paragon of light and goodness and not say to themselves 'damn, where can I get some of those?'

>STILL angry
No, timing was definitely part of your complaint

I mean, if Evil Gods can have Clerics, is there really any reason at all they couldn't have Paladins too?

Because of the type of player they attract more often than not.

Of course gods deal in champions like paladins while evil ones twist and corrupt things into an abomination.

That's what I'm saying. I wasnt the guy disagreeing with you.

I mean, even if they jump through hoops to get it like making Warlocks in plate armor or the like, they're gonna try and make something equivalent

Point out where my original point would suddenly be changed simply because they existed for x time, I'll wait.

>More implying

Other than paladins not being a god-related thing?
But there could definitely be paladins dedicated to ideals that aren't "justice."

>Monday's Pathfinder campaign uses voice chat with a smaller group and a more intimate experience per session.
>Wednesday's Dungeons and Dragons campaign is a completely different group who has more players, talk with each other to shitpost but all in game stuff happens only in text.
>Monday's crew hasn't played in a while and desperately wants to play today when I usually do my Wednesday game
>Don't want to drop either of them
>Find out how to use Discord and Discord PTB to enter two voice channels at the same time with two different accounts
>tfw currently attempting to run two campaigns
>tfw my friend tells me this is a horrible idea

No, I know you weren't disagreeing, I'm just pointing it out. Clerics and Paladins are very similar. If you have Clerics, stands to reason that you could have Paladins too.

Which should only ever be cultists and not clerics but that's a different topic.

That makes no sense.

Yes, that's a terrible idea.

What are the rules for fixing things? Would it be a Sleight of Hand check? A straight Dexterity check? Would I need a tool for it? Should I just take magic initiate for the mending cantrip?

Yeah, I was more pointing out how even when Paladins aren't related to gods like suggests, you'd still have Evil gods trying to find an equivalent to this force of raw goodness that wants to kill all their followers.

I could see running two text games at once, but two voice is insane

running two campaigns AND shitposting on Veeky Forums at the same time? You're crazy.

I'd use a relevant tool proficiency and a stat which makes sense, usually Dex Int or Strength

>tfw group canceled on me again
>tfw stuck at flgs until I can get a ride home because my car broke down
>tfw wandering alone in the store
>tfw people are playing d&d nearby and having the time of their lives
>tfw I see the treasure best hanging on its rack, alone
>I wonder if it feel abandoned like I do
>tfw the treasure nest is alone in the store all night when everyone else has gone home
>tfw it sleeps alone like I do
>tfw I should buy it but i dont need a dice bag
>tfw I am turning my back on something just like me
>tfw I am just as much a piece of shit as anyone else
>tfw the guilt I feel for not purchasing it
It's such a cute name. Treasure nest. Such a soft sentimental name for the wholesome fun of D&D. It reminds me of when I was younger and D&D was still something i did for fun instead of an escapist outlet i desperately cling to because i have nothing else to live for. Also i dont have enough cash with me to buy it because I wasted it on dinner thinking I'd be playing with my friends and I leave my debit card at home because I'm worried I'll get robbed and some one will steal my entire bank account.

good pasta

Yes, you would need the appropriate tool to fix it. And tool checks are made using an ability score and the tool, such as Intelligence Strength (Smith's Tools), Dexterity (Potter's Tools), or Intelligence (Tinkerer's Tools).

Of course, it's up to the GM to interpret the situation and determine which skill is most appropriate. If repairing an object takes more fine movements, it might be Dexterity. If repairing it instead takes a keen understanding of how it works, then Intelligence. Maybe you would need to make both checks.