ITT, post Chaotic Good characters

ITT, post Chaotic Good characters.

Huh. I never knew Lorgar was such a hunk.

I figure if anything she'd be more lawful evil.

> Don't want to worship Planet? We'll mindrape you into doing it, assuming we don't just feed you to the worms.

Yeah, fantastic example of a "good" phiolophy right there.

Yeah, the worms are the chaotic part. She uses unconventional tactics to promote her otherwise good ideology.

Yo all of them are evil and maybe the only "good" faction is the poor UN. But fuck'em too.

Pic might be related

> brainwashing and murder in a truly horrifying manner are Good

are you motherfucking serious

No, those things are chaotic. When backed by probably good intentions, they're Chaotic Good.

> making everybody think the same is chaotic

NIGGER DO YOU EVEN LISTEN TO YOURSELF

Is she really chaotic? She has a well defined moral code which she consistently follows, and is the lawful ruler of a nation.

Mind Worms were used as weapons, not population control.

I never said anything about mindworms being used as population control

well then she's not making "everyone" think the same. She's making enemy soldiers think the same and/or go insane before dying. That's nowhere near to Lawful Thought Police tier mind control.

It's not a matter of doing good, it's about believing you're doing good

Most evil acts in history have been done with good intentions. Like trying to get rid of jew menace and ending up with ww2.

>not playing as African Donald Trump

Alignment is literally not. If you do evil shit, even if you believe you're doing good, it's still evil.

Beep beep, coming through with the REAL Chaotic Good faction in SMAC

I'm dumb as hell also?

You know you can delete posts, right?

Morgan was one of the worst factions, tbph. Right down there with Yang and Santiago (and to a lesser extent Lal).

I'm too stupid and impatient to wait it out.

Morgan, Yang, and Santiago are some of the best ways you can depict Lawful Evil in almost contradictory ways

>anything about Alien Crossfire
>good

Yeah he sucked but for some reason I just could never bring myself to attack him. He was such a charming, evil son of a bitch

Lal Did Nothing Wrong

Objectively Garithos did nothing wrong

So long as you ignore things like the nuclear waste tattoo.

Yang / Zakharov 2020!

Fuck, that actually fits.

Extra points for it being a serious setting and still working fine without devolving in to edgy territory.

>Deirdre
>Chaotic
What?

Oh, right, I've almost forgot alignments are shit

>I just know the game from memes
Let me guess - we must dissent, right?

I rarely go on war with him, because it's simply unprofitable for everyone at the table. All I do is making sure he gets first fungal bloom early on, then even help clean the mess and thus he won't pollute later, causing constant global warming.

God, I wish you wouldn't have to get bloom to get the free minerals working properly... It would make handling AI 10 times easier.

You are the next one on the Brood Pit list

It's not me talking from the ass, sonny boy

Is the shota or the medusa woman chaotic good? Or the woman's snake hair?

Tell it to the mindworms

I hate that mechanic too, but supposedly it was intentional. And I'd understand if it was intentional for the player, but when AI is under the same rules, then somewhere around "global" orbital flight capabilities you start having near constant issues with global warming and blooms all over the place. I end up using cheat mode solely to get blooms ASAP for all AIs when playing singleplayer, so they work properly later with all the facilities providing clean minerals. If it's SMAC, then I later edit the savefile in hex editor to remove the "cheater!" marker and keep playing normally once everyone experienced their blooms

More pointless talking about mindworms! MOAR!

Nah, lets just throw you green economy ass to them and see how 'chaotic' this action would be

Gameplay-wise, he's the worst. The population penalty is probably the biggest offender. He is also stuck with shit-tier Free Market (the Police penalty is going to kill you), can't run Planned (so not only smaller bases, but growing slower), his bonus is superflous once you bypass the resource cap and genearally there is absolutely nothing mechanically interesting about him.
Ideology-wise he's the perfect middle ground between "good" and "unhinged" factions, being in it all only for the money. Which is probably his only saving grace all things considered.

"Richard Baxton piloted his Recon Rover into a fungal vortex and held off four waves of mind worms, saving an entire colony. We immediately purchased his identity manifests and repackaged him into the Recon Rover Rick character with a multi-tiered media campaign: televids, touchbooks, holos, psi-tours-- the works. People need heroes. They don't need to know how he died clawing his eyes out, screaming for mercy. The real story would just hurt sales, and dampen the spirits of our customers."

You are welcome, Gaian shitter

And that relates to Gaians... how?

Because I would understand if you would start bringing up Gaian-Spartan war, that would at least give you serious points, but this? It relates to nothing.
Other than sociopathy of Morgan of course, since he's openly running a marketing campaign on someone's censored plight for extra cash and morale boost.

afaik only the "wild" boils destroy colonies when they take them, the tamed ones capture them like any other unit.

Sure, worms can seem more icky than singularity lasers, but hey, war's hell.

>And that relates to Gaians... how?
Because Gaians eagerly send their enemies and discontent civillians to this fate, yet some dipshit argues that killing people in excruciating manner isn't evil but 'chaotic' for some reason. Deidre isn't Chaotic Good, she is Lawful or Neutral Evil.

>destroy colonies when they take them
It doesn't even work like that.
EACH military unit, regardless of anything, will kill 1 pop upon capturing a base, IF said base had defender and said defender got beaten.
So if you have a base with 5 pop, crush its garrison and enter, it will go down to 4 pops. The loss is bigger when you use neural gas, but that's attrocity and not really worth it. The size of the garrison also doesn't matter, you simply kill off single pop upon capture if there was combat over the base.

Wild worms are unique here, because upon entering base, each unit of worms will kill 1 pop, until there are no worms or the base is destroyed. They also disintegrate upon entering.

tl;dr you always kill pops, regardless of used units.

youre retarded his faction is one of the only ones with bonus to ECONOMY ( not just energy) if you avoid early agression you end up with so many free credits you can just hurry all production

>and discontent civillians to this fate
Can someone finally explain me from where this meme comes? There is absolutely ZERO support for this in the games, yet people constantly keep wanking how "evil" Gaians are due to... something they don't do.
What the fuck?!

Maybe you should just play the game and read new tech briefings and their effects?

I don't recall seeing any reference to gaians using worm pits to deal with dissidents

Do you even understand how Economy works?
In early game, all he gets is +1 energy per base square. That's literally nothing, especially since early game is dominated by minerals. And for that +1 energy, his bases have -2 pop limit. It means even at early stage and resource cap he's behind on 3 energy, as he has 1 - 4 = -3 in the end. Then comes the removal of the limit and economy grants him... +1 energy per square. Wow, such a bonus! Unless you get to 15 bases with maxed out pop, you won't even notice the difference. Which is going to be hard, since you are at -3 support (because Democracy is the only viable choice) AND -5 Police (since you are running Free Market to get to that 3 Economy rating).

In short - his bonus is meaningless gimmick that serves you no use at any stage of the game. Early on it's meaningless and once the caps are removed, those -2 pops/base are going to hurt you more than the +1 energy/square.
All while you have shit-tier military AND can't explore, since you have -5 Police and -3 Support

Morgan is the weakest faction of the original seven.

Lawful Good

There is not a single mention of it in any techs, you moron. Same with buildings. It's a made-up shit idiots like you keep repeating, believing it's actually in the game.
It's not.

>Maybe you should just play the game
That's exactly what YOU should do, since there is not a word about it anywhere

Lawful Neutral
Here, ftfy

Chaotic Good

>As the writhing, teeming mass of mindworms swarmed over the outer perimeter, we saw the defenders recoil in horror. "Stay calm! Use your flame guns!" shouted the commander, but to no avail. It is well know that the Mind Worm Boil uses psychic terror to paralyze its prey, and then carefully implants ravenous larvae into the brains of its still-conscious victims. Even with the best weapons, only the most disciplined troops can resist this horrific attack.
>Lady Deirdre Skye, "Our Secret War"
Faggot

>you end up with so many free credits you can just hurry all production
It's not working like that. At all.
Economy is a gimmick stat and for it to really start to make a difference you would have to either make an inefficient (for Morgan) base crawl or get max pops in all your ASAP. Which you can't, since you can't run Planned.
What Morgans REALLY profit on is trade. You are going to rake mad amount of energy on that, because you get +1 trade rating just for playing as them AND you can easily qualify for another +1 due to high Economy.
But your energy production as such is going to be barely affected.

Also, nutrient > minerals >>>>> energy. If you are not maximalising your nutrient production, you are playing it wrong. And Morgans still are shit at this for 2/3 of the game, as they have population penalty, meaning you are going to be always behind, even with Ascetic Virtues.

That's about mindworm attack on the colony, you stupid shit. It has absolutely nothing to do with your point. Jesus fuck, it's like you are not pretending, but actually retarded

I still fail to see where is the part about dissidents. And the quote itself can be read in two ways. Either as a description of a desperate base defense OR as part of Gaian campaigns against Spartans.

Either way - no dissidents.

>Either as a description of a desperate base defense
Other quote talks about mindworm attacks on early Gaian bases. And it's obvious that Gaian observers don't suffer from the same psychic effect which would hit them if they were on the defending side.

"We saw the DEFENDERS recoil in horror"
She wages war against others unprovoked and uses the most inhumane method possible, all for the purpose of strengthening her mindworm army and becoming Planet's right-hand woman. She's a sadistic despot and quintessential villain.

>She wages war
She doesn't wage on her own citizens at least.

Who does?

>Who does?

You're delusional.

Oh I know, it says "secret war" so it must be a code word for a bioweapon test!

>it says "secret war" so it must be a code word for a bioweapon test!
>Gaians clearly observe their experimental bioweapons in action
Yep

Cult of The Planet, crazy Gaian offshot. They love using native lifeforms to control the population.

technically it's a Secret War because Deidre's use of mind worms was considered so horrific and such a crime against humanity they had to cover up that it was how they beat the Spartans

"She's not as bad as fucking Hive, therefore she's Chaotic Good!"
Correct. I bet you think the Holocaust never happened

Who, the Beastmen? I agree.

Secret War is the name for Gaian-Spartan War, you stupid mongoloid. Because Spartans, in all they gung-ho supersoldier attitude, all that survivalist wanking, were so entangled in REGULAR warfare, they didn't even realise the seemingly random attack of local fauna (flora?) are in fact a well-coordinated action of Gaians against them.
We don't know why the war erupted, but as far as the game narrative is concerned, it exists to confront the "old" ideas of Earth (Spartans) vs ability to adapt to the new situation (Gaians) and how the "superior mighty soldier" was beaten to a fucking pulp by "tree-hugging hippies".
Also, the fact people confuse Gaians with counter-culture is so hilariously out of place I wonder what the fuck they were smoking. The reason they are referred as hippies in game is... you guessed it, smug diplomacy replies from Santiago. It's another time when Spartans are portayed as bunch of idiots eagerly preparing for war, but unable to adopt to one.
And that's the faction that obsessively wanks about adaptability and flexibility and superior training.

>PEACEMEETING

>implying the game was written with those shitty "canon" novels in mind
My apologies, I didn't realize I was discussing Alpha Centauri with an entry-level pulp fiction plebeian. Enjoy your Gaia-wank fan fiction garbage.

>If you are not maximalising your nutrient production, you are playing it wrong
You really don't need to "maximize" nutrients, just population, pop booming means you only benefit from 2 extra food for most of the game. Otherwized agreed.
Lal gameplay wise is probably the most versatile and is pretty great no matter what you want to do.

Chaotic Good?
Or maybe CN?

"Observe a master in action"

Holy shit are you ever wrong. First of all, Free Market is dogshit and not something you run longterm, like, ever. You only run it in certain circumstances when you desperately need a fuckton of money. Morgan does way better running Green.

Second, running the Wealth value gives you +! Economy. Combined with Morgan's innate +1 Econ, this gives you +1 energy PER TILE. This is a windfall equal to however many worked tiles you have EVERY YEAR. This allows you to pour fucktons of money into research, rush-build practically anything you want, and subvert as many units as you goddamn well please.

Yes, the maximum population penalty sucks, but that's why (at least until you get Hab Complexes/Domes) you spread the fuck out, constantly (i.e. the Starbucks strategy.) As soon as a base hits 4 population you build another colony pod and have it found a new base. You have to play Morgan's faction like a business: If you're not expanding, you're not winning.

lawful evil im sure

There is no conspiracy to make traditional games politically correct. Characters in fiction and gaming communities simply change with respect to the latest cultural values. But you fedora-tipping cancerous fucks always blame imaginary SocJus boogeymen when people start hating you for the shit that you do. As long as you continue to refuse act like decent human beings, people will keep noticing.

But of course, you will keep blaming imaginary "SJWs", "poseurs" and "normies" when you the public hates you for the scum you are. And let's not even get started on how you all react to games becoming more popular and easily accessible.

Wrong thread, mang. I'm guessing you were trying to reply to Incidentally, you're also wrong. It's never a good thing when a game tries to change in the vain hope of appealing to a broader audience, because the only thing that made it popular was how it was originally. By trying to broaden their reach, games always become diluted and lose what made them good and appealing in the first place.

Saints Row 2 doesn't count, the Boss was just feeling a little edgy from the brain damage

The fuck novels have to do with anything? Especially since there Gaian-MORGAN war in them going.

As far as I'm concerned, you never played the game and only shitpost, because you think you are triggering anyone with your arrogance and ignorance.

It's not about maximal nutrient production for pop-boom. It's about maximum population possible for given base to get maximum amount of satellites going in it, plus maximum Talent bonus.
Satellites + Talents beat any other strategy. Not even having 6 boreholes in a base is going to be that productive as 40+ pops with satellites.

>Reading comprehension -5/10
Different user, but I guess you didn't exactly follow the original post post.

I prefer the term 'Puckish Rogue'

I hope you are playing on 500x500 map with almost no wildlife and definitely without other human players.
Because otherwise this shit NEVER works as Morgan. That's right, THE economic faction can't pull proper, functional economy. Fucking Lal and Santiago are going to be ahead of Morgan, unless trade is accounted for.

He is only helping the people

>Yang
>worst
t. butthurt drone

Who's the robot bitch on the left, I don't remember her.

Pity he didn't end up with best girl