What is the strongest weapon in your game?

What is the strongest weapon in your game?

Metal swords by way of being extremely rare and made of steel rather than bone and at best bronze. They're ancestral weapons based down for generations and used only in times of great need.

There is also the Spear of Thunder and Flame. Which is actually bayoneted rifle, but there's no ammo for it so it "lays dormant".

Something that's wielded in skilled hands and chosen to suit the situation at hand, probably.

Excalibur, Mjolnir, Gungnir, the Axe of Shamash. Others as I research more "real" mythological weapons.

A man-portable weapon?
Extinction, the species-killing revolver that was made as a weapon of last resort during an ancient war. It's literally just a normal revolver to all appearances, with some rather nice ivory inlays depicting bison. it's actually the bullets that do the work, each one effectively working like that Familicide spell from OOTS

It's been used once, and that's why there are no gnomes in my setting.

The King's Crown
Which was mistranslated from the term "emblem of office", and is actually his sword
Also it controls a Jaeger

That an individual could carry and use? Probably the antimatter based weapons used by combat avatars of the Orion collective. A rifle scale weapon capable of delivering a 40kt level explosions repeatedly at ranges of 4km or so. Bear in mind these are built integrally to a select few units, and ammunition is absurdly hard to find. The Orion are secretive and barely any are left.

Beyond the human scale it would either be the Orion's heaviest gravity generators, which have been used to de-orbit planets or the Kai's bacterial colonisers. Either could easily extinct our planet.

In practice, my players have nothing more destructive than an RPG, but they haven't even got a way out of the solar system yet.

>rather nice ivory inlays depicting bison
Why bison? Just for laffs?

Neat

The universe has a funny sense of humour.
also the dorf king that had it commissioned to settle the grudgiest grudge that was ever grudged liked bison

That a single man could wield? An army. Failing that, probably a spear.

The DM

A determined man.

That dude has issues. If you're gonna make a species-killing weapon and you're silly enough to call it "Extinction", then at least have the genre-savviness to engrave it with skulls or something.

A sewing needle, made by an ancient wizard, which instantly breaks every bone in the victim's body in every possible place at once.

It's been lost in the haystack plane.

To be clear, that just turns your bones into calcium sand, right?

But...but what if your army has spears?

That's practically mandatory, actually. Usually along with shields.

>There is also the Spear of Thunder and Flame. Which is actually bayoneted rifle, but there's no ammo for it so it "lays dormant".
It's a Mosin-Nagant, isn't it?

An interdimensional lifeboat from a reality that collapsed after an attempt at building a sort of Dyson Sphere meant to eat Hawking radiation from the center of their universe because of an eldritch cult sabotaging it to bring about the end of their existence..

The lifeship didn't escape unscathed: all of its occupants, aside from the one who was successfully placed into cryogenic stasis, have been changed into nightmare alien monster things. Additionally the ship's power source is more powerful than any in the 'normal' dimension the game takes place in.

The whole thing is about to be unearthed, and the players are also going to have to contend with space pirates who infiltrated the dig team. The sessions in the interior of the ship will be heavily inspired by House of Leaves.

SUNDIAL, a 10Gt (yes, gigaton) yield nuke. It is mounted as the final stage of a rocket considerably larger than a Saturn V.

>Jaeger
Chicks dig giant robots...
If that is indeed a giant robot.

The design is mostly Nugget yes.

Fuck yeah it is. Currently buried under a mountain but it could level any city in the setting without getting a scratch

plot armor

Drakvanr

Strongest weapon and greatest liability. Originally created as a stopgap measure by the God of Death, to quell the violence of the angry dead during the greatest war of all time, and prevent the breaking of the Underworld Gates. It did this by acting as a siphon, literally leeching the hate and anger from anything it strikes. At first, this was pretty good - It made certain that spirits had peace of mind when he collected them.

Unfortunately, this backfired pretty hard when it came to light that it didn't destroy that anger. All it really did was cut away the portion of the spirit which contained the painful memories, and it just kept on building up. A legion of fragmented souls all swirling together, a sea of hate and fury contained within a sword, but the God of Death has yet to find another method to contain the Dead.

And so the sword grows stronger, more venomous, becoming a bloody wound in reality that no one being could possibly tolerate for more than a few days. So the God of Death creates a stopgap for the stopgap. He binds the Gate to the Underworld to the sword, and then he binds himself to the Gate. Then, he flees, as fast as he can. From a vortex of mindless hate, serving as a distraction so that it focuses it's alien, malign attention solely on him, rather than attempting to break it's bindings and escape from the sword.

It's one of the headscratchers of the setting. The problem gets worse and worse with literally every single mortal who dies, but nobody has been able to figure a better way to deal with it yet. Everybody knows that Death cannot run forever, and nobody wants to think about what will happen when his steps finally falter.

but overhunting almost drove American bison to extinction. seems fairly apt to me.

they're going to have to awaken it to fight giant outsiders, huh?

it is not exactly a weapon, but it's a crystal that can store an arbitrary number of spells, combine them, then unleash that spell with the only limit is that the caster needs to either have LoS or be scrying the location/person/people they want to cast the Frankenstein spell at/on. it's housed under high security by the king and has fireball and disintegrate spells added to it every day, its a deterrent to invasion mostly.

>they're going to have to awaken it to fight giant outsiders, huh?
They've been tasked with stopping the return of a god that previously destroyed all life on the planet. It feels it didn't go far enough last time, since things are apparently alive again.
They're gonna need it.

Calibrand, a sword created by a giant. It can cut through anything, even concepts. The man who got the sword from the giant who made it used it to cut the borders of territories, and united the land under his own banner.

A special extremely rare metal that violently reacts when it comes in contact with any other kind of metal. And by 'violently reacts', I mean you have to redraw the map when a couple of ounces go off. How the hell it was discovered or processed is something the DM didn't think out.

Our DM gave us a gun with 6 shots of this in our first session and wonders why we never have boss fights. We find an abandoned city inhabited by spooky monsters, we remove the city. The worst part is that he actually gave us a HUGE chunk of it later. We used that chunk to literally obliterate an entire story arc by removing an island chain. (The plot hook was a robot invasion. We determined they were being controlled from a location on an island. We had some friends do a flyover, they saw no settlements, so we just removed all the islands and called it a day.)

Sufficiently large piles of detpacks!

Or orbital strikes, but we only were allowed one of those before they got taken away again.

What's the gun made of?

I suppose technically the sword of creation though lets face it, that things not gonna get brought out any time soon. Right under that it's the realm defense grid, and then things get fuzzy.

Soulreaper, a ten foot sword made of obsidian and blood-forged steel, containing a fractal blade of infinite edges, which can vanquish the souls of the living and the dead with equal ease and ambivalence towards those weak enough to find meaning in their meager existences.

^^^
Answer immediately holy shit

>I ask the DM to describe the gun
>He's a /k/fag like all of us are so he gives a lavish description of a beautiful revolver
>Made of fucking metal
>I ask how that works
>He stares at me blankly for a minute
>'Magic'
It is admittedly a fantasy/post-apocalyptic setting, but come on man. Having to use 'magic' to fill your plot holes during session 1 is kind of sad.

Presumably wood, or bone

You CAN make cannons out of wood, it stands to reason if you're willing to spend long enough you could make one out of wood.

It wouldn't stand up to repeated use, nor will it achieve the performance of something made out of metal, but when it only has to shoot six shots in the first place and their destructive power is not based on the energy imparted by the delivery mechanism...

ironwood.

It does have the Davy Crockett problem of needing to impart enough energy to launch the projectile farther than the radius of the blast.

Nanomachines

A Davy Crockett.
None of the players have been brave enough to actually try using it yet. Partly because it's expensive as fuck, partly because I've already gotten through that their actions have consequences on the setting as a whole.

Rock. My setting magic run on concepts, and this particular rock represents concept of murder, because it was used for first, well murder.

the Wand of Wonder

I already sunk 45 percent of the continent into the ocean within a single turn

>two seats

In a WoD campaign, the first ever murder weapon would have a HELL of a spirit on it.

Ontological Disruptors, probably. They're rare, and can generally only affect one target, but there's nothing that can resist them and they just make things have had always been gone. They also have some funky quantum mojo going on that prevents them from causing a paradox. Just point it at a target, dial in an amount of time back, and bang: From that point forward your mark and everything they would have done goes poof

probably more like a goey bonemeal...

Blade of void. A literal area of nothingness that engulfs anything it comes into contact with. You don't clash with an opponent's weapon, it simply ceases existence. You did not cut the enemy, his heart simply doesn't exist anymore. This weapon is forged of the concept of destruction, something that does not exist in our world. Energy cannot be created or destroyed in reality, this weapon does just that. of course, good luck surviving its use.

I wanna shoot that at a glass building

Your mind

the supernova warship
it's a warship the size of a space station(or a space station armed like a warship)
pretty much deathstar
except it's a railgun that fires planet wiping warheads instead of lasers

but the main cannon has never been fired, although it was used to stop a few uprisings.

>there is no weapon to end all weapons
>there is no war to end all wars

That would be the multi-tonne antimatter blob currently winging its way toward Saturn in a carefully stealthed containment vessel. Fucking communists are getting what's coming to them. In 3 months.

I guess when that finishes and Saturn becomes a complete ruin, rings sterilized, it'll be a tossup between battleship weapons and that deathray the proletariat built on mercury for union negotiations.

Handheld? Pic related.

>multi-tonne antimatter blob
Dude, you'll sterilize the whole Solar System up to Kuiper Belt.

Nah. The neutrinos would be pretty nasty, but the gamma ones would fuck up the day of a few people. Saturn might - might - ignite into a second sun, but I expect everyone in orbit is going to have a really bad day. It's the equivalent of setting off 4000 tsarbombas.

And if the gm runs the numbers more accurately than we did and finds the correct numbers to be way worse, well, they should have made sure we had proper corporate oversight. Sucks to be everyone else.

The human heart. It uses the power of friendship to overcome any obstacle.

Funny part is that its a rock. Laying somwhere. Since begining of life basically.
There are people aware of it existence, but good luck finding it.

I know where you got that and I see you have good taste. I thought it was a great idea too.

Either mass-drivers or orbital nuclear bombardment. Haven't compared how much damage each would do against each other, but either one means just about everything on the surface is right fucked.

Playable and to-scale? I'm thinking a hatchet with TSM on a 100-tonner. 40 points of damage concentrated on one location.

I mean i think his issues were more related to responding to a gnome bandit killing his daughter by cracking open Moradin's grudge book and writing 'GNOMES' in it, but that's just me.

>Unknown Armies

Well I guess it's a nuke, but the godwalker of the survivor and the peacemaker have definitely put a lot of safeguards in play to stop it being used.

The strongest that a PC could get is a major charge used in an aggressive way. That's "erased out of reality" level of power, depending on what kind of mage is throwing it

I mean if you're going to destroy a city, might as well use another city.

The Fist of Humanity, a giant battering ram with a fist for the head strikes a giant gong like thing which fires the most powerful magical beam in the galaxy. Currently mounted in the empires largest ship.

Or the bolt action rifle because there's billions of them.

>totally not Dominator.jpg

Basically an unholy hybrid between the tarrasque and an EVA unit.

There used to be a bunch of them, but only one remains as a broken-down wreck.

Auto fire anything. FFG star wars did not think about the balance of weapons that can hit 10 times for 15 damage all ok one target or on ten separate.

That shit gave me goosebumps.

grenades in a small place
chunky salsa for the win