What outsiders would you see arise based on a summon- based pseudoevolution (summoned creatures are more "fit")

What outsiders would you see arise based on a summon- based pseudoevolution (summoned creatures are more "fit")

I don't understand

What?

post Shantae?

Your question is too vague to be answered because we don't know the environment they are being summoned into, along with not making any fucking sense anyways.

It is not the answer to the question but it is THE answer.

Probably something like from Shadow Hearts?

Shantae. Yknow, for kids!

I think what he's trying to say is that summoned outsiders proliferate more than no summoned ones, so what kind of adaptions rise over time based on that.
Seems simple enough though. You'll see better value summons (more bang for your buck) and more attractive looking and friendly ones (because many wizards are lonely)

See,
When a creature is summoned they become more likely to have the next generation share their qualities. Over generations this would change the "gene pool" with a form of evolution.

I would expect highly specialized summons that fill niches like killing hoards of enemies, carrying heavy things and having wetter pussies

>YFW a 20th level wizard summons a succubus for all of 2 minutes.
Yeah, see, this is not great.

Extend spell?

I thought of this.
Here's the basic theory.
a) humans gather cosmic energy called mana
b) summoners have the ability to give mana
c) the fitter the monster, the more mana it has

Therefore monsters get mana by being summoned. The longer they are summoned the more mana they gain. The more mana they gain the more they shape the planes' next generation.

i.e. those who get summoned and stay summoned have an edge over those who don't

There is more to magic than those spells at the end of the Player's Handbook.

Perhaps a wizard dedicates themselves to creating an army by permanently binding demons (including succubi) to the earthly realm.

Or perhaps they used a wish spell and demanded a permanent succubus minion.

PCs in a campaign are limited by what their DM will authorize, but magic itself doesn't answer to a higher authority when it is not being granted by a literal god.

Of-course I'm only talking about D&D magic here. Some settings have very strict rules on what magic can and can't do, but D&D isn't really one of them.

>When a creature is summoned they become more likely to have the next generation share their qualities
What?

It's a feedback loop.

The planes are semiconscious and pick attributes for the next generation based on mana %

Just like my french anime for children !

>Say it with me

Thanks, France

Damnit France!
THIS IS THE THIRD TIME TODAY!

What can I say ?
Cocoricooooo...

I'm going to have to go with three

>not 4

So....are we still posting sexy genies?

shur y nawt

It depends on the kinds of qualities they can possess.

Natural selection is a harsh mistress. You’d wind up with useful summons if wizards can reliably punish “cheater” summons who don’t do any work. But if wizards’ ability to punish cheaters is limited, all kinds of things are possible. You might wind up with a useful-sounding summon that wipes your memory when you summon it, setting you right back to the point where you were about to summon something. Or creatures that cheerfully destroy your spellbooks so you can only summon them. Or summoned creatures that compel you to talk about how great they are, or summoned creatures that give you a warm fuzzy feeling of having accomplished whatever it was you set out to do by summoning them, but don’t actually do anything.

You could see “loyalty card” summons which are willing to do more for you if you summon them a lot. You could get creatures which try to lock you into magically-binding repeated-summon contracts. You could see creatures which mimic other, frequently-summoned creatures, creatures which evolve towards being very easy to summon, or even creatures which specialize in being summoned by accident.

Waifus would probably arise— waifus, not succubi, because the waifu strategy of getting the summoner to fall in love lends itself to repeated summoning. These would be jealous waifus who would attempt to destroy any waifu competitors.

See, The importance of a mana-based system cannot be understated. Instead of focusing on getting summoned, they have to focus on marketability AND usefulness.

For example, weaker creatures don't have a leg up on the summoned system. However if a monster is useful(for example, cooking skill or massages) then they can still be summoned and fed mana.

The payment can be decided by both parties at the time of summoning.

What? Why? Why does this make any kind of sense even in the handwavy magical sense?

nice

>dat feel when the third season that was ment to be for older people is less kinky than seazon 1 and 2 that is for kids 8-11

Planes are made out of mana. Outsiders are a part of a plane. Mana is generated by living creatures. Outsiders don't respirate and aren't truly living. Planes want to grow. The only way to do this is to go get mana from living creatures.

This can be done in many ways. Consuming a living creature gives you the mana it holds. Which is why sex(tons of living creatures) and murder are popular for outsiders.

Here's where things get interesting. Living creatures constantly produce mana at a rapid rate. However living creatures can only hold so much mana(depending on size, intellect, power, etc). They reach this point over a day, and sit and burn the excess.

Eating creatures only gives you the limits worth of mana. Serving a creature gives you a wage.

Think of it like this. One job gives you large bursts of energy. The other gives you a steady income. Exceptionally skilled succubi and balors can live easy on a burst diet. Other creatures enjoy a steady stream of power.

When a mutation provides more mana to the plane than the baseline then the plane produces more creatures with that mutation.

I.e. Killy monsters get killyer and servants get better at what they do.