What has been your biggest crypto mistake...

What has been your biggest crypto mistake? I just lost $300 on a stupid trade and I know that’s chump change but it’s a lot to a poorfag like me. What stupid things have you done and how much have you lost because of them?

Other urls found in this thread:

kucoin.com/#/signup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

theres a lot of coins i almost bought that have made great gains. missed moons. panic sold vtc missed out moon. couldve bought eth at 8$. fomoed in to nxt for a 50% loss yesterday. overall im still up 5x but still i could be so loaded

$5k (at the time - now $15k!)
$300 is a good price to learn a valuable lesson. Learn it!

Dumped 3.6 Bitcoin cash for $700 each a month after the fork.

I've lost 1000$ thrice in a short timespan during the last two months. I've still made massive gains; but they've really hurt. And they've been all because of my stupidity

took a ~$500 loss trying to day trade during the summer. Never try to time the market.

Not getting in kucoin earlier

ref code: 1bb6x
kucoin.com/#/signup

I started with $620 worth of LTC on coinbase, and by the time I had moved it to mercatox, traded to BTC then traded to XRB (raiblocks), then to my XRB wallet, I only ended up with up with 40 XRB.

About $520 worth.

Got into bitcoin very early on, mined a whole bunch of them, deleted the wallet after awhile because I didn't think it would ever take off.

Had 2k, I later lost 1k in risky shitcoin trade and went all in Raiblocks at $3.

Then XRB dipped violently -25%, still held. More than a week later today, I've gained back everything i've lost previously

>feelsgoodman

bought 2 million xvg at 5 sats, sold after the first pump (40 sats)

bought snovio when it was first being traded (through contract address), it dropped 40% and i eventually sold. now its up 1000% since then

said to myself for the last week that i should definitely buy sumokoin, verify and kucoin. hating myself ever since

sold red pulse at like 300 sats. that was pretty much the bottom, it has since gone to 1800 sats

sold ethlend last week, now its doubled in value

i seem to have a fantastic eye for finding undervalued shitcoin projects (mostly ones on ED but cryptopia as well) and i never act on it. if i opened up an account and bought everything id recommend myself, id make a killing. its like my gut is better at making decisions than my brain

selling too early. Well at least i get in early so i guess it evens out somewhat...

started with $1500 invested into BTC over a couple weeks. Randomly bought 2 LTC at 100 each. LTC hits 120 I immediately dump all my BTC into Litecoin. Ride the wave to the top. At one point my portfolio was almost $5000 if not more.

Put $300 into Potcoin. Lost 30 bucks. Tried to make it back and lost everything else. I joined a pnd discord group thinking it would allow for modest gains. All in on Monaco before an announcement. Immediately lost 25% of investment and panic sold. Then I hopped on ripple at .82 cents watched it rise to 89 cents then immediately plummet to 72 cents and I panic sold all of it.

I also did this with Human IQ. Attempted to latch onto moon missions like with litecoin but they all failed.

Current portfolio is barely over $2k and most of that is in a complete shitcoin I'm hoping will moon so I can get back to 5k at least.

Bought ripple at 10700 sats then sold it for a 33% loss equivalent to about 10% of my btc.
The real mistake was not selling it sooner but I held out waiting for a reversal that didn’t happen. But I’m glad to have sold, as I took the remaining money elsewhere to make more than the loss taken on ripple.
Always cut those losers short. Imagine, instead of crypto, you run a company and a new hire is a total dumbass. Most firms would fire them. But people get this idea that “it’s not a loss unless you sell” and hold out thinking that new hire will magically start performing someday. Just some advice

My worst mistake was selling LTC at $250 just before it mooned to $350 overnight, costing me tens of thousands of dollars. At least ETH rose 10% that night. I've decided day trading isn't for me, which is why I decided to buy Kucoin Shares so I don't have to worry about that shit. In the California Gold Rush, the people who actually got rich were the suppliers. Likewise, exchanges like Kucoin are the ones really making the big bucks in the crypto world, not individual traders.

>Holders get 50% to 15% of Kucoin's revenue as dividends paid in coins, allowing holders to automatically diversify their portfolio
>Holders get reduced trading fees for every 1k Kucoin they hold, up to -30% (Binance gives 50% savings for using BNB now, but that will decrease to 25% next year and requires you to lock up some funds as BNB)
>KCS is only 2x ICO price right now
>Kucoin is rapidly increasing in popularity, aggressively adding new coins, and has no withdrawal limit
>Support responds to tickets in English within hours
>KCS's value increases as Kucoin becomes more popular

Sit back and relax with Kucoin, rather than worrying about shit like BTC killing off your crypto, BTC getting flipped by ETH/BCH, or Charlie Lee saying something retarded.
Use my referral code for free shit: 1ch6a
kucoin.com/#/signup

I probably make more money from Bitcoin/Ethereum arbitrage in a single trade than I will ever make from Kucoin referrals, but it's fun to see the number of people increase.

Bought Ripple a year ago at 600 sat (200k sat for a few hundred dollars)

Sold at a loss before it went 20x....

buying almost every coin of the day yesterday
but i'm new at this so my greatest fuck ups are yet to come

sold all 20 LTC at $100 to buy BTC at 17k

yeap. ive done about 80% gut, 20% brain and the brain always lets me down. follow the gut and keep your hands of iron strong.

Tried shorting ltc on the morning of 12/8 and didn't buy back in til about a week later.

sold my first bitcoin after first bubble in 2014.