So, did we discuss this at all? I knew ADB had an obsession with adding black and female characters in his own writing...

So, did we discuss this at all? I knew ADB had an obsession with adding black and female characters in his own writing, but didn't know he had such a warped view of 40K as a setting.

>White isn't the default. That would make no sense. No one colour is the default. Just like no gender is a default in the Inq, Guard, Navy, etc.
This is just wrong. He ought to at the art GW produces to represent the Imperium, and how it's 95% white, lowballed. Or the character quotes from the Guard or Inquisitors in codexes and fluff pieces, which are overwhelmingly men.

You doesn't have to like it, but you'd have to be obtuse not to notice that the racial demographics of the Imperium are far closer to Britain at the time they were developing the setting than the United Nations that ADB would clearly prefer. There is a default race (even ethnicity) in 40K, and it's a white Anglo person; there is a default gender in the Imperium's military, and it's men.

>If you think the Guard give a shit who they hand out flashlights to or who is fed into the meatgrinder, then you don't understand the Guard.
Apart from, y'know, all those male-only regiments, which do seem to care. Even ignoring them, mixed sex regiments don't tend to have 50/50 men and women. Cadia does not send anywhere near as many women as men off-world, for example.

>It's not "Because of SJWs". It's not because of external pressure to "change" anything.
Well, it is because of SJWs, because you are one, my dude.

inb4 "get back to /pol/", the dumb opinions of one of the most prominent writers is pertinent, since it effects what's written in the setting.

Well people have to remember one thing that most of the time writers are good at doing "effects" and getting reactions, and have little to no knowladge about stuff their write about. If they do, like a military dude writing about military stuff, you get great books.
Mr Dembowski seems to like the write about the stuff the way he does, and kudos to him. But really, he is no demograph or genetic major. So asking him about "sand niggers" is stupid, as those wouldn't exist as a group in the 40th milienium. What may be problematic to some people is that mr Dembowski does like to make his character feel as if they were egyptians/persians, or to be more precise what he thinks does people are .

The women in military make no sense, and going on about it from a logic perspective is stupid. Mr Dembowski is not always going to work for GW, and for writers it is better to seem to be sjw, then anti sjw. So like it or not, the make does a logcial thing from a career perspective.

>censoring the word "shit"

lol

>IMPERIUM IS WHIIIIITE!

'white' is not a nationality.
Neither is 'space-white'

I just saved the screenshot from BoLS.

Uh, okay? I referenced the United Nations as in representing the ethnic and racial diversity of present-day Earth, i.e. nothing like the overwhelming ethnic homogenousness the Imperium has been depicted as having.

You'll only hear "Change can never be bad, go home grandpa" or "back to /pol/" any time you mention something slightly sensitive and 'real' here.

Prepare for

>In the grim, darkness of the far future, there is only racial and gender equality

Unless you stop putting up with shit like this right now. It already ruined nWoD, and I've seen this start affect 40k already (goodbye sexy daemonettes, of course we can't have boobs in our army based on a sex-demon-god).

I'm sorry your off-topic shitposts keep getting deleted, user.

Doesn't mean it actually makes any kind of sense, even in 40k.
Yeah, I get it, it was made by some white British dudes, and they went with what they were familiar with. It's also one of the simplest changes; if the skin color of a human in 40k is something to REEE about, I'd think you were missing the point.

It is not the case though, however much sense it makes to you. White IS the default in 40k because it was made by whites and they wanted it that way.

If you want KANGZ in SPACE, then go and make that game. Don't try to change a beloved game to suit your fantasies about racial diversity.

>if the skin color of a human in 40k is something to REEE about, I'd think you were missing the point.
Thank you for proving my point.
And don't sit and speak for devs who can speak for themselves; they are still around, you could easily shoot them an email.

>inb4 "get back to /pol/"

There's a difference between arguing points based on the setting and reflexively shouting "niggers". OP falls on the non/pol side of that line IMO.

That being said; why do you care? If you disagree with the writer's choices then don't buy his books. BL/GW must be pretty happy with him, or they wouldn't keep on licensing books to him in their universe. That means there's a tacit agreement to increase ethnic and gender diversity in the universe fiction, which might feel like a retcon, but it's not like it's the first retcon, or even an especially jarring one.

If they wanted Kangs in Space, they would have made that. They didn't. This proves that they did not want that. Why in the fuck is an email necessary?

Yes, the new Star Trek wasn't at all jarring with it's LBGTQQHHKKKS Skittle-crew. This is the future of every setting if we accept shit like this.

I like how all of the assblasted neckbeards pissing their pants about this think their opinions will change the end result.

It's gonna be what it's gonna be. Lube up or quit playing.

>the new Star Trek wasn't at all jarring with it's LBGTQQHHKKKS Skittle-crew
You dummy, Star Trek was the FIRST show to have a rounded cast.
A Russian during the Cold War, a black female lead, the first interracial kiss on television... yeah, I'm done here.

'If you don't like it, don't buy it [he's just a writer]' appearing in the same post where you say his views must therefore be in line with that of GW as a whole on these issues doesn't make much sense. If the diversity meme is already widespread in the company leadership, it will infect their whole output, and the record for companies prioritizing diversity and inclusion is fucking terrible.

Retcons for political reasons are more obnoxious than, say, retconning when a given piece of technology was invented because the timeline doesn't make sense. I'd really rather avoid having pandering stuff like changing all-male Guard regiments to being mixed sex (Vostroyan, maybe Mordian? I'm not sure if the FFG female Mordians have appeared in mainline stuff).

Star Trek is literally set in a utopian communist future, I'm not sure what you expected.

So?

It's been known for a while that ADB loves to promote diversity even if that doesn't make sense in the context.
I guess it's fun to read that he finally grew the balls to say go fuck yourself to someone, but still feels the need to post about it on kikebook so his dear fans can praise him.
I loved the Night Lord Trilogy, but he went to shit pretty quickly, the worse being khayon sue.

Literally who gives a shit? Like if you wanted to argue that he writes colored people poorly, fine, you could have that debate. But just putting them in? A brown marine is the same as a white marine.

>puts a mix of races and both males and females in his books
>is an sjw
Boy I sure wish people would stop abusing the "Logic Leap" feat.

It no longer has a rounded cast.

It is honestly retarded. The Imperium is litterally meant to be "The Man" who holds all the undesirables down.
Psykers, heretics, "mutants" are all enemies of the state.

Making the Imperium diverse takes away from the fact that they're supposed to be the bad guys.

I don't see what is wrong with this. 40K has been a sausage fest to its own detriment for a while, and new GW is finally making amends.

>Yank identity politics
>whilst they all get treated like worker-drones by corporations

Zzzz

ADB can write whatever the fuck he wants, I'm sure anyone miffed will get over it.

You can make that arguement, but he's not doing it to get hip liberal inclusivity points for attention, or to push an agenda, he's doing it because he wants to and it's pretty harmless.

Go back to /pol/. There, you were waiting for it, so here it is.

The Imperium is dispersed through millions of different climates and has every ethnicity around, as well as some we don't have now. The Imperium has never been written as predominantly white.

No one will buy minis of blacks anyway so it doesn't really matter. Loads of people will say they totally would but in reality sales would be on the fucking floor. IMO any SJW shit will only ever be a token gesture.

>Getting this mad that someone put people with vaginas and black skin in their stories meant to flesh out backstory for plastic toys.

Wow.

>The Imperium has never been written as predominantly white.
You must have been hallucinating when looking at the art, then. Feel free to do a count on the racial composition and then get back to me when you realize it's almost exclusively white people. I suppose you could look for references to skin tone in writing too, though that's more work.

Taking the view that men and women are equal combatants is a position that overwhelmingly comes from social justice people. See: ADB whining on Twitter that 40K fans say men and women are treated quite equally in the Imperium, but that there shouldn't be loads of female soldiers.

no he is not. marines have a special organt that makes them all have the same skin color. If you have "black" marines then this means they are spending most of their time in a high raditation area and their other organ, who is responsible for creating an oily substance that covers the whole skin kicked in.

this, at least as far as looks go. Because I do remember a time when salamanders where top dogs, and every army played was either them or a counts as of them with vulkan.

My problem with GW models is not that they aren't making enough. They could make 0 and I wouldn't care. I do care about the fact though that the ones they do make look like transvestites that don't have money for a hormon treatment. I want the female models to look like females, and not dudes with boobs and male elf faces.

40k is dead either way so I don't care at this point.

>You must have been hallucinating when looking at the art, then. Feel free to do a count on the racial composition and then get back to me when you realize it's almost exclusively white people.

It's art made by a company drawing its visuals from WWII pastiches ordered by a bunch of British guys from the 80's. They didn't care what colour the people in the art was, white was just the default. They cared far more about them looking like Stallone stand-ins or Space Knights, because they were making a cheesy space metal counter culture sci-fi fantasy game.

If you can find any written sources stating that the Imperium is predominantly white, go ahead. I'll wait.

but man and women are not treated equaly in the empire. women can do everything man can do, but by the virtue of post schism laws, man can't join or hold certain positions. You could be in the schola progenium, and if you are a female you have twice as many "job" options as a male. Because you can join the commisariat or the sisters, while such options are closed to male students.

You guys realize the developers for this game are in fact still alive, right? You can easily get in touch with them asking about this.

This was made for you people. Edited for the spam it totally is.

facebook com/FW40K/

and considering today they want to protect their asses from the sjw people, you would get a different anwser then lets say in the 80s.
And I don't blame them.

On the bright side this means a lot more people will be dumping their figurines cheaply in the future.
>tfw buying models for use in other better games

Considering how long ADB has been writing for GW and how nobody has slapped him around the wrist for portraying the universe wrong, I'd say his position has far more heft than yours.

Basically, he's a writer who makes the setting the way it is, you're not. He's right, you're wrong.

I'm sure it stings, but that's just how it is.

When people ask "why are you so worried that get wants to be more inclusive". Because of this fucking bullshit. I don't want these fucking people in my game, j stopped playing video games and reading comics because these fucks ruined it. I have to hear this shit daily, it's why I quite Facebook, because I can't go more then 8 hours with out hearing shit about much race privilege and cultrual appropriation bullshit. I came to Warhammer because none of that shit mattered because you could paint your guys however make what ever stroy for your dudes. But apparently that's not fucking enough, these fucks don't understand you can paint them how ever the fuck you want, it's not a cool diverse and accepting universe, it's shitty drab exiatice and they don't have time for your bullshit. Even now jm watching this hobby get ruined. Im half expected them to be like uhhhh retcon all of it the emperor actually made sons and daughters, the missing legion are females and were hidden because they were stronger then him.

Just fuck or with your diversity shit and let me have one hobby where I don't need to listen to this crap.

You realize these guys were all pretty extreme liberals who actually went to marches and campaigned against serious shit? They'd have exactly the same answers now that they did then.

Are you serious? He's not even saying we need more black people. He's just saying they're there. They exist, so they appear. He's not saying the setting needs more explicitly black models or titties on models. He's saying that women and non-whites appear in the novels because they exist. That's it.

I know that's it but it just opens the fucking door to the opposite faction to come and bitch.

Im just fucken tired man, im tired of having to deal with this crap constantly in any fashion, it's just wearing on me.

Christ mate, you don't half sound like a crybaby.

GW haven't, AFAIK, sat down and literally listed the ethnic composition of the Imperium, so the artwork and writing is what we've got to go on.

You'll find functionally zero references to sex or rape, but that doesn't mean it's not meant to take place in the universe, they just dance around it to avoid moral panic about marketing the setting to kids. I imagine you can see why literally writing out "btw the population that made it off Terra was 95% white" would be avoided for similar reasons.

Am I missing a retcon here? The only position men are barred from after leaving a schola is being a sororitas. Where else do you think male commissars come from?

Videogames aren't infested though, they were beaten back pretty heftily over there.
Unless you're super into walking simulators or Canadian-made garbage from Bioware and a subset of Ubisoft studios.
Nips are even better in that they don't let those people into so much as QA positions.

That said 40K has been a pile of shit since the 90s at the very least and it only has its status because for many it's the only game in town.

The opposite faction already came in and bitched. He is talking back to someone screaming at him in e-mail form about the shit. None of this is remotely SJWish.

>so the artwork and writing is what we've got to go on

Seeing as the writing has non-whites (and fuck, there's entire regiments of non-whites, there have been since forever), I don't see what the problem is.

Have you considered that they never gave the ethnic composition of the Imperium because they don't care? They didn't avoid saying everyone is white, they just never felt the need to say it, because they didn't care about the racial composition of their space fantasy empire.

Not everything is about dumb racewar shit.

FFG never got slapped down for their false depictions of things, either. Did GW ever even rebuke C.S. Goto? Pretty sure they take a rather lenient view about what gets published at BL in terms of canon.

ADB's books have an ethnic composition of modern London, they're huge outliers that reflect his personal politics rather than just what the setting is. On gender, he's pretty much admitted as much, intentionally deciding to make non-SM characters more female than they would be in the setting to counterbalance all-male SM cast.

To quote a demagogue you probably hold in high regard: "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

Serious liberals? Man I knew them when Gav was an intern doing coffee. And sure Jervis was as crazy as he is today, but there was a ton of people who would fuck anything that moves, drink and snort anything they could get their hands on. But somehow over the years all the normal dudes, that liked dude stuff, left the firm and what is left are sjw dudes and what is probably worse, their wifes. A sjw dude is survivable, unless he is really crazy, but a sjw whose wife works in the same firm, will act crazier then some dudes on uni campuses.
psykers are weeded out. inqusition isn't a real job. For a normal dude this means church as a rpiest, military or the navy. Everywhere women can join as well as man, only those positions are few. SoBs on the other hand are a huge organisation, given the male to female survival rate, this means a female from the progenium has more options, and a higher chance to actualy be able to pick one of them, comparing to a male. Ah and by the way, I don't see anything wrong with it, it is biology.

Listen, friendo. GW never mandated or even asked that its writers or FFG portrayed the Imperium as predominantly white. It's not being 'lenient'. It simply doesn't care, because it's never gone out of its way to have a predominantly white setting.

If GW wanted everyone white it would tell its writers to make things that way. But it clearly doesn't.

The FFG point was about depicting Vostroyans and Mordians as having female infantry, when they didn't/don't. Other things too, but those are the topic-relevant ones.

>tfw the last vestiges of paying players will be run out of the GW concentration camp and i'll have so many quality bargain bin priced miniatures that I wouldn't know what to do with them

well they didn't have to. In 30k years there aren't going to be any non whites. That is like if you write startrek, you don't have to write stuff about everyone getting vaccinated for Polio etc.

Wait, are you ADB? Or just someone at BL?

no, but my, not at the time of course, went to art school in nothingam. And we were kind of a frequenting a pub, some of the GW guys drank a lot at that time. Not just them, there were dudes doing comix, people doing music. Fair share of people that were there to fuck too.
And no am not ADB, an with my"skill" in english am not sure I would have passed preschool in Bretonica, not to mention an editoring work at a GW.

wife. my wife not at that time. the stuff my keyboard does when I try to write with lights off.