Giants

On this thread you may post everything Giants.

You may also posts stories about giants.

My DM likes using them every-time he feels the need to change the scenery:
>like yeah...BBEG is across the sea
>If only there was a way to cross it
>We'll take a bo-
>BBEG DESTROYED THEM
>But we were just th-
>Completely destroyed! Too bad! But you knooow Heard there was a water giant in that village next to the shore maybe you should check it out.....

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AYHGDEl-zIc?t=34s
youtube.com/watch?v=POUBV-KDJh0
youtube.com/watch?v=Deu-i1C5t_A
exhentai.org/tag/group:ace-kow
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/16908940/
abookofcreatures.com/category/giants/
pastebin.com/TEY4PtET
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>bbeg

Ugh.

People have been complaining about giants for YEARS

I like where this is going.

Either that giant lady has freakishly long legs or this is pretty shallow water.

Whale sandals

Pretty sure that shop makes no sense. Either that water is extremely shallow and the aircraft carrier is risking hitting sea rocks, or she has mile long legs holding up a 300 ft body.

Could be standing on a submerged atoll or something.

>pretty sure whoever shooped that joke image didn't know much about aircraft carriers

ftfy

You're not even trying to be subtle anymore.

shhh.....
Just embrace it

I guess everything looks giant to ants.

Well you're a big guy.

What is a good way to use Giants in a sci-fi campaign? What if every other species in the Galaxy is big?

ELITEVANGELION?!

Wrong meme, sport.

We had a thread about this very idea last week.

Hey, people have been talking about BBEGs for years too. Doesn't keep newfags and trolls from bitching.

Giant waifus and infantry giants vs. mechas

last one

Also that awkward moment when the cute, shy alien girl you've been holo-chatting with all this time turns out to be 30 feet tall

Hey look
It's my new background

and of course, the real reason OP made the thread

You act as if you don't like playing along

>awkward
Only if she notices my erection practically ripping through my pants.

And the even more awkward moment when the military arrive to stop what they think is an alien invasion.

>What if every other species in the Galaxy is big?

I remember reading a while ago that Earth is actually right on the edge of being too large of a world to reach escape velocity with liquid propellants. So, odds are, that other alien races that also achieved space travel would be of similar or smaller sized worlds than ours. Lower gravity allows for larger beings to grow unhindered. Earth is probably the "heavy" world filled with short, squat, sized people, while other worlds have tall, slender, aliens inhabiting them.

There is probably fanfiction of that out there, but I know Halo actually had some partially developed Power Loader like mechs.

Really, I must have missed it. What did it go into?

Will peace ever be achieved?

You should have suspected as much when the address lead to a Giant Cafe in your map program. And when all the reviews complimented the size of their portions.

It would lead to funny situations where they try to snatch you and accidentally break their hands because we are just denser.

What kind of Giant Aliens would be cool to interact with?

Should giants be simply no more than giant humans/elves...etc or should they be different from the smaller races? More like aliens, furries or the fet, something different from the humanoid races?

I prefer Alien appearance but relatable mindset.

Imagine a 3-story tall guard bug that always heads to the Human Hangar to drink and complain about their job. Or something dangerous that is actually cute and kind at times.

Came here to post giant lore, but if this is about giantess fetishes, here:

>What happens when bards have acess to mechas and space travel?
youtu.be/AYHGDEl-zIc?t=34s
youtube.com/watch?v=POUBV-KDJh0
youtube.com/watch?v=Deu-i1C5t_A

Post the giant lore. Many pics here are of traditional DnD Giants and the lile

exhentai.org/tag/group:ace-kow

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/16908940/
The best thread Veeky Forums probably ever had about giants. People will find what they want here.

Some more here:
abookofcreatures.com/category/giants/

A lot of this is cool, but I'm hoping we can make something new or interesting in this thread

Today I will remind them

>Womanlet cut-off point
As tall as you are

>Getting there
Tall enough to rest her chin on your head

>Perfect size
Tall enough to have her breasts line up with your face

>Acceptable height maximum
Tall enough to lift you as if you were a small dog

>Getting kind of weird
Twice your height

>Beginning to get a bit creepy
Tall enough to lift you as if you were a rabbit

>There's a point where this needs to stop and we've clearly passed it
Taller than a two story building

>DUDE, JUST STOP
Taller than a skyscraper

>Every day we stray further from God's Light
Tall enough to be seen from space

When dealing with Humans, most Giant aliens tend to fall in a few camps.

You've got two types of Conquerors. Those that want to see their flags extend to the stars above, who are content to set up a base or two on a planet and rule from there. Usually, they make some demands of the Humans, but they've got their own internal demands going and bullying something that doesn't even reach their ankle isn't going to do it.

You've got your Slaver types, which might tie in with above. With Space itself being so big, and people so small, it really isn't uncommon for someone to grab a Human, shove them into a pocket, and walk/fly/slither off. Normally they try to stop this, but the eyes of the law, and it's reach, isn't everywhere.

You've got a fair number of people who treat them like pets. Even when you hit post-scarcity with science fiction, you'll still need someone to fix the pipes and to reach into all those unreachable areas. I could see Human 'Handymen' being common, as well as commonly kept as pseudopets.

There probably would be a few who just tend to ignore Humans. Most people would be smart enough to avoid places where they could get stomped, but those people probably aren't the ones going out into space

Small rabbit size is best size, just small enough to where you can't possibly fight backa dn might as well resign yourself to being her pet.

You need at least 40 feet for a proper giantess, and 300 is where it gets silly.

That's an America-class amfibious assault ship, draft of 7.9 meters. That lady's legs are of normal proportions.

She's standing on the ocean floor, which is a lot deeper than 7.9 meters.

You know there are shallow places in the ocean user? Like near a coast?

>ugh
Bbeg.

People keep saying this figure needs to have stilt legs in order to stand where the aircraft carrier can go. Just how much room does an aircraft carrier need? If two thirds of her body is above water right now (which would mean she has extremely short legs) that's still like five times the height of the carrier underwater.

We already have the answer to that

AMAZING CHEST AHEAD

I'm of the mind that talking dragons are lame and any scenario with an intelligent dragon that makes plans and negotiates with its enemies would be greatly improved by replacing it with a giant.
Giants are proto-gods. It's a blurred spectrum between a patron deity and a local ogre.

As much as they aren't humanoid - or if you need them to be humanoid, they could be some stupid drider shit or the most of the anthro bugs in this thread - I've always liked the idea of a subversion of the old "Invasion of the giant ants from mars" kinda story.

So they're just literally huge spiders, or otherwise arachnids with lots of limbs - but they're from a very small, low gravity world, so they're really really low density. Like, equivalent weight to a man with all of that.

Discovering our world is really a big deal for them, because not only is this the first life - and intelligent life, at that - that they've come across, we're on such a huge planet and have such a ridiculously dense atmosphere that we might as well underneath 100m of water for them.

They can get around down here... sort of. They don't have enough power to weight and tire out quickly, and first contact is accomplished with what are essentially reinforced spaceworthy powerloader suits for them. Given the contact vessel is a mining survey sort of craft that's here for the asteroid belts but picked up all our comms.

Even with the weight of the suits, they have enough surface area that a goodly wind can have them skidding about here and there if they don't hunker down. And, similarly, while sharp things are dangerous, all of their ranged weaponry wasn't made to work in this kind of environment at all.

So all of this results in a fairly peaceable first contact - they can't really figure out what the fuck our broadcasts mean because they don't speak anything like what we do and they have a radically different computing architecture than we do for digital, let alone languages, so they have to come down here to us to hash all that out manually.

The guys on the ISS can't do it, the airlocks are incompatible and their ship is both low pressure enough and not shielded enough that we can't handle it even if they wanted to fly a suit there.

If she's up for trying things out so am I!

>YFW your giant AI waifu offers to let you save money on rent and live in her

Post lore and fetish pics user
Best of both worlds

>>There's a point where this needs to stop and we've clearly passed it
But this is perfect Spelunking/vore height

>bbeg

Ugh

>ugh

BBEG

Sounds pretty Dark Souls.

Giants are a staple of dark fantasy.
I don't know why, I can't pinpoint exactly what's so bleak about giants.

Bitch was asking for it.

should have worn more sensible armour

How much of a hassle must it be to get armor as a real giant?

Perfect sized
Bored and fiddling with a simple text adventure engine, assuming I don't lose motivation I might have the beginnings of a lewd game based on the titan hall treads

Assuming no giantworld to get materials from?
Magical armor/protections are likely the norm in a high magic setting, possibly using magic to create the materials or project an illusion, failing that comparatively very skimpy but grants things like deflection bonuses
In a low magic setting or a giant who doesn't have access to such things?
Armored boots are probably common

my penis

Too small for this thread

>BBEG

Ugh.

Is this just a /d/ thread posted in Veeky Forums?

yes

Any ideas for a giant race in a scifi setting? Im trying to make a scifi setting that's a rip-off of a few dozen(namely early Warhammer 40k, UC Gundam, Armored Trooper VOTOMS, Dirty Pair, Space Adventure Cobra, Bubblegum Crisis, Starship Troopers, Outlaw Star and the list goes on) other ones.

What should the giants be like. I was thinking Warrior Race like the Zentraedi in Macross, but I feel that's too obvious(Also, I want another race of warriors that are like Space Orks, but not). Perhaps galactic peacekeeprs? Like, they see themselves as bigger and thus responsible for the little peoples?

Gimme ideas pls.

Also, picture of a QT witch who screwed up a spell.

Well if they are proportionally long-lived (1000+ years say) then as a society they might be the diplomatic non-interventionists as a society - since they've seen everything before.

The younger giants could be rash and impulsive and eager to get out there and help the smaller races improve themselves (however they happen to define 'improvement') but the older giants are more isolationist, but send advisers to leaders of the smaller races.

Militarily the giants possess a great deal of force due to higher tech/bigger ships/giant soldiers.

Makes giants rare out in the wider galaxy; whilst allowing them to be a force to be reckoned with but they don't dominate the setting (because they don't want to, and their numbers are small).

For scale purposes, perhaps they grow throughout life - so a young giant might be 8-10ft tall but an elder one could be 50ft+. Allows players to play giant adventurers but can still fit inside spaceships.

Intelligent t-rexes.
They're actually pretty friendly, since they don't really register the smaller races as threats.

>Picture 1: Buttocks/hips thrusting outwards from the window to the point pelvis is almost halfway through, crotch mostly hanging outside window over balcony.

>Picture 2; Buttocks lightly pressed into window frame, thighs in a straight line or almost.

Bothers me so much.

We're all waiting for it user, you can do it

Just assume she turned a bit between pics

Don't forget Kirameki Project

Yeah, but there isn't as much interaction as you'd expect.

>Not just renting a cupboard
A Giant TV would make every night movie night.

It's either about going up against something that has innate strength and power, or dealing with the aftermath of their hubris. Imagine exploring a Giant's castle, and then having to fight the cursed, inbred offspring of it's inhabitants.

Depends on the giant. Fantasy Craft has one wearing shields as a skirt.

>all these aquatic Giants
It does make it easier to explain their existence and rarity if they live underwater. Same thing for Alium Giants.

Does this still count and how many more sales of Halo would it cause?

I think them being Giants should be a secondary concern unless they are going to interact with Small races a lot.

For example, we could merge these:
Yes, they are big and impressive, but if they have to spend a lot of the time in Plains and Massive Orbital stations that can support their size, they'd be uncommon. I don't think I could imagine a 50ft T-Rexperson fighting for suffrage on Epsilon-5.

You could also use the Aquatic angle. Make them commoner by putting them in oceans and beaches, but only interacted when PCs have to go there. Toss in some influence on building codes and having one as a PC makes sense. I think water has some good radiation protection abilities, so maybe their ships are colony ships for other, smaller species.

Will it put me on an FBI watchlist?

I should pick up some of her models

>The giantess agrees to assist local humans in the defense of their settlements
>In return, the humans pay her by offering her a significant percentage of their crops every harvesting season
>The giantess becomes a local hero, loved by all
>She sees the humans as those cute, little buggers who sometimes give her food

This is cute. I want this. Fund it, please.

>cute
I do not like that word.
Feels somehow sexual.
Can't the giantess just think of them as her family? Or her flock. Allies of convenience.

>Cute=Sexual
You may have a problem user

You've been here too long.

pastebin.com/TEY4PtET

TOO

CUTE,

NEED

MOAR

I legit want to see this as a dumb animu series or something.