This is your BBEG

>This is your BBEG
How do you make him threatening?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QidBCKYVCMA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's also a cannibal

Atomic eye lasers

His voice creates reality, his silence uncreates it.

He eats eyeballs

Make him high-level wuxia kung fu wizard. Nobody will expect it.

>it's a King Ralph game

He wants to magical realm your PCs

He frequently sentences people to painful and brutal death for the most trivial of reasons.

Simple. Don't have murderhobos in your game. You want to threaten a Character, you threaten what he can't protect. If your PCs are murderhobos, the only thing they have to protect is themselves, and that is their JOB...

So don't allow murderhobos. Make them have backstory that provides weaknesses and targets. Or make them regular people that can't defend themselves.

Those are your options.

He's really fucking rich

A little from column A

A little from column B.

>BBEG

How tvtropish of you.

He's already scary because this is a man who will do exactly whatever he wants

Haha no. Dude he's not really the BBEG, he was just a Misunderstood Loner, Acrofatic, Lawful Good, The Obi-Wan. Because I'm subverting the tropes, that means my work has artistic and creative merit.

All the make up is covering his withered lich face; he has no concern for human life and throws away the lives of the "uncultured poors" whenever it suits his interest, or more often than not just for fun. His personality is very deceptive of his true nature and while he seems like a fat ignorant coward he is also a narcissistic psychopath that uses money and social power to go unpunished for heresy and serial murder (lets add some kind of creepy sex thing just to really sell how bad of a guy he is.)

Lets make a scene here as example:

The kind and pretty city shop keeper the PC's met first into town is dragged to his estate by his peraonal gang...i mean guard. He wants to marry her. She's disgusted and insults him. He gets angry because he is quote, "An Adonis, a work of art a silly little peasant girl like yourself doesn't have the brains to appreciate, but love can grow with time." *he tries to kiss her and she bites his tongue. He backs away screaming and orders his guard to restrain her then he orders one of them to kill her. The guard hesitates. He takes the knife from the guards hands and does it himself. Then kills tge guard that hesitated with the same blood drenched knife and order the other guards to get him his physician and drag the bodies out.

You and your party are bottom-of-the-barrel video game developers. And he posted a critical review of your game.

I prefer it to be he's literally the only man on earth who can fund it

He breaks the party's wagon.

Repeatedly.

MC&D. Dreamlands branch. 87th proxy company. President Lawenda. Fae Lord with the ear of the worst the waking world can offer. When the Fae balk at what a mortal desires, President Lawenda is there to step in and close the deal. And he is always closing the deal. Parts of the Innocent Alive is what he does best, what earned him that fat. Seen at a majority of the big-spender dinner parties, which means he has dirt in the cracks and between his nails for sure. This is what malice wears when it wants to make you powerless. But he can still be stopped. All you have to do,

Is choose one last night at the opera.

His goal is to rape you. He might succeed, because he is rich and can hire muscle.

Imagine it.

Cannibal pedophile in the vein of John Wayne Gacy

"I can't believe someone wished Freiza into a human form."

Is that Jim Stirling?
God he is one ugly dude isn't he?

>this is a thinly veiled "look, I'm from /pol/ and this litteraly who e-celeb is triggering me ! React, please !" thread
(You)

This /pol/ paranoia is going to far. You just thought a guy was from /pol/ because he said someone was ugly. Are you insane?

Not that guy, but while I appreciate your service in bitching out /pol/ wherever they show their faces, you are currently overdoing it.

So, he's a decadent ruler with a taste for human flesh, with a preference for little girl eyeballs. He also have a fuckhuge load of mercenary, paid with the money of his overtaxed commoner.

He just looks like a standard fat guy to me, nothing special physically either way.
Maybe I have an high tolerance to ugliness but I'm often surprised by what people on Internet consider as being remarkably ugly.

>Complaining about BBEG
ugh

He is extremely fat.

>Make them have backstory that provides weaknesses and targets.
This is the exact mentality that creates murderhobos though. You sound like the kind of DM that goes out their way to ensure that they have some sort of way to produce cheap drama or force players back on the rails. Outside of the cunts that exist purely to live out their edgy fantasies murderhobo players are typically folks that get sick and tired of putting in the work in story or in game to get something nice like a family or a shop only to have their gm wreck it all in five minutes because he thinks it's always going to be good for driving a story forward.

He’s extremely fat and has severe back problems, but can’t seem to link the two.

sorry, antagonist
is that better?

Who is this faggot? He looks vaguely familiar.

you are too pure for our mortal world sir

For you

No. one can be typed faster and this is a text based web site of communication.
Hold fast to your beliefs

Jim Sterling, a /v/ guy hated by /pol/.

Are you serious? In one of his videos he apologizes for being low energy because his back hurts, then says "haha, yes obvious fat joke in the comments".

Oh shit really? Goddamn, his disguise fooled me. I guess for an annoying videogame reviewer he has a pretty good bluff skill.

Efficient economic policy

>Hating Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Fag.

Youtuber/games journalist named Jim Sterling.

>Cannibal pedophile in the vein of John Wayne Gacy
One 14 year old and two 15 year olds; all the other boys were 16-21.

He's already terrifying.

child rapist

It's important to make /pol/fags feel unwelcome because they tend to come directly from The_Donald and act like every board is the Internet Hate Machine they heard about on the news. You have to suppress them or they'll think everyone wants to hear their jokes.

Just dress up as him as you DM, give them some oddly normal if slightly annoying voice. Act like them before and after session. Why scare player characters, when you can scare the players?

Tell him Dark Souls doesn't need an easy mode and watch him chimp out for hours in front of a camera.

>to defeat /pol/ you must become /pol/
sure thing /pol/fag

So would you be reading retarded posts from rpg.net instead of idiotic video game comments or what

He actually looks a little like the bad guy in my campaign at the moment.

Grotesque, fat, glorified banker who has risen to a great amount of power in the vacuum left after a war.

He's fickle, short tempered, easily offended and due to the cities quite strict ban on capitol punishment, has people mutilated as punishment instead.

Perceived offenses can lead to the loss of fingers, or a hand (or a testicle, as one PC was threatened with)

He keeps a harem of young women of multiple races, is clearly corrupt as they come, but there's nothing anyone can do about it

You can't make cancer feel unwelcome. It doesn't care. That's why it's cancer.

>put on overdone effeminate voice
>read posts from 5e playtest about how martials shouldn't be allowed to have nice things
Might actually make some people feel at home.

The dude likes dark souls.

He also spergs out about how it "needs" an easy mode. If he actually liked it he'd know pyromancy in the first game is the easy mode.

Make the players feel uncomfortable in the BBEG's presence.
Make him fondle his nipples while monologuing and laughing awkwardly.

It's radiotherapy. It's how we dealt with furfags and ponyfags. Both of those groups roved around Veeky Forums making thinly veiled threads about their creepy and off-putting obsession until their meme weakened, and then they realized they couldn't post normally anymore without getting a tonne of abuse. Eventually they either stopped doing it or went somewhere to be with people like them.

/pol/tards are essentially furfags but with less overt fetishism and more of a sense of entitlement.

If anything it's more important to make /pol/tards feel unwelcome because they think they belong here.

>someone doesn't like Jim Sterling therefore they are /pol/

The dude is pretty unlikable user you don't have to be /pol/ to dislike him. He's a pretty abrasive person and that "character" of his in the OP is just him bitching and moaning about cherry picked comments he's found on the internet and is the embodiment of "I AM SILLY" throwing out his credibility.

Is that suppose to be Queen Brahne cosplay?

I don't give a shit about Jim Sterling. I was talking about /pol/.

Here's a link to the video you don't like: youtube.com/watch?v=QidBCKYVCMA

Now everyone can watch the video and make up their own minds.

>I don't give a shit about Jim Sterling. I was talking about /pol/.

You were calling a guy /pol/ because he doesn't like Jim Sterling.

No, it’s a caricature Jim Sterling threw together for his main show to read forum & twitter posts maligning casual gamers, in term mocking the self proclaimed hardcore gamers who would make at times ridiculous statements as people are decidedly want to do on the Internet.

Then he spun it off into a stand alone series that’s like two or three episodes deep of him reading the pull quotes in this ridiculously foppish manner. Some people like it, it doesn’t entirely gel with me.

>that entire video

Most of his content seems pretty niche, personally I only turn in for the weekly Jimquisition since they're pretty well written and I can never get enough FucKonami News.

Oh agreed. Though I actually started listening to Podquisition because he’s just talking about the same kind of thing he talks about on his YouTube show but without the over the top character so crafted. And yeah FucKonami News is always nice, and I’ve been enjoying his current vendetta against WB Interactive, but we’re getting off topic.

Okay, I’m going to play into the core concept of the character and present him as a full and true minmaxer or optimizer who in part breaks the fourth wall to call the players casuals in their playstyle and build.

Or I would play up that he’s some foppish madman who leads a cult. Initially presented as an eccentric patron for the party until they discover his secrets and just how well connected he is. Upon learning the players are plotting against him having seen his true intention, witnessing a abominable ritual or sacrifice in which he took part or some such, he pays them a casual social visit somewhere the party otherwise feel is safe while making specific veiled threats against their actions if they’ve shown to be the type that may work against, or remotely sensing them définitives parts of a loved one across multiple parcels if they’re the type to say fuck the rules and try to murder hobo their way into and out of trouble in broad daylight.

Perhaps he is rolling with other nobles. Connected to various guilds and military figures. With a reputation beyond reproach beyond his eccentricity and let the players know just how easily he thinks he can move against him.

If D&D he is also some kind of Wizard.

He’s blackmailing you with dick pics that you had caricatured for the bar wenches.

>He also spergs out about how it "needs" an easy mode
No, he doesn't. All he ever said was "I'd be fine with it if it were an option, even if I personally wouldn't use it."

He wants to use a dildo bat on you.

I don't really see more options as a bad thing. I mean, I like Dark Souls being hard but some people might be more into the exploration aspects and enjoying the environment than the punishing boss fights. Working out how invasions/cooperation works there will be the tricky bit.

One name: Kefka

Are there any good looking fat guys?

This is why people make murderhobos.

Cringing prompts psychic damage

He acquired atma weapons

He has a monstrous pet.

>a fat nobleman with bizzare mannerisms
>speaks in an extremely high pitched voice, draws out certain syllables
>always within arms reach of a ceremonial urn
>a tall, silent man dressed in tattered black robes and a wide brimmed hat shadows his every step
>his body guard possesses incredible prowess in battle, and will rise from any injury, no matter how grievous
>throughout the campaign, the party learns that the mysterious bodyguard is the adoptive son of the nobleman
>his parents died when his brother burnt down their manor, and rumor has it he still lives, looking to finish the job
It could work

Well girls like big, bald biker guys with long beards. Probably a bara thing

You peasant! That's Duke Amiel du H'ardcore, gaming elite. Don't go anywhere near him if you're a CAZ-YOU-UHL!!!

brian blessed

One attribute:
MECHANICAL
SPIDER
LEGS

He's the King's brother and any direct attempts at thwarting him will bring the King's wrath down on the party.

That's pretty much my main problem with him. He makes great commentary on shitty business practices, but he's so over-the top and extreme in everything he says that you can't trust the slightest bit of nuance in anything he says. Even if something is a mixed situation, or has multiple viewpoints, he'll give the opinion that it's 100% right or wrong and anyone not on his side is retarded.

A lot of money with a fetish for torture.

At the beginning pick a player and have him make 2 characters. Then murder the first with slow descriptive torture as that fat painted fuck gets off to it.

Have the people in poverty and the rich paying guards to put them down. Make sure to focus on the rich being dicks fo no reason and the poor being actually good people. Avoid making it political if you can.

Cunts with money.

give him a time-manipulating stand, works everytime
t.Araki

You are the person going to a thread and bringing up /pol/ when nobody else did, and starting a /pol/ discussion from thin air.

>defending retarded Youtube comments

Jabba the Hutt, but more effeminate.

He already looks threatening as fuck. That guy strikes me as the kind of monarch who could go from having a friendly, joyful chat with a guest to serving him his own first born son baked into a pie due to some percieved slight or just for shits and giggles.

The problem is that he only cherrypicks the most outrageous and indefensible comments on the other side, so it makes the opposition look utterly retarded and him a veritable genius, when in reality the opposition may have some very valid points he's just ignoring.
Haven't watched the video in question, but I've seen enough aristocrat segments in his jimquisitions to get the jist, and then get annoyed at their inclusion.

>The problem is that he only cherrypicks the most outrageous and indefensible comments...
Yes, that is the entire point. Because it's funny to
> on the other side
... on the other side of what ? Of raw stupidity ?
>the opposition may have some very valid points he's just ignoring
I'm gonna ignore you, instead.

Also

>other sides of arguments do not exist
And I really never found the segment funny.
Do agree though, the fuck is this doing on Veeky Forums

Mein schwarze Kamerade.

You know the entire point of that series it to laugh at the extreme end of "I'm the most hardcore gamer ever! CASUALS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!1!", right?

A foppish 18th Century European aristrocrat who only speaks in kiddie tier vidya forum comments, or Jim Sterling?
in b4 there's no difference

Jack black

Is that that Videogame Autist who sent of his own semen-covered face to a video game dev over twitter?