Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1800: Invalid Capstone Boost Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NzmFEDNWTO8
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/55763030/#q55769200
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Bad Meme Edition
FTFY

As of this point there's no real plans to remove capstone boosts from my other jumps. All I'll say at the moment.

You know I thought that Aionon would be our stupidest namefag, but it seems Kilanon has taken the position

First for Exalted Supremacy

Which of the Jumps you have made would you most like to see extended story writing about?

>All I'll say at the moment.
This is code for "My plans have now entered Phase 2."
Everybody, prepare the keikaku countermeasures.

OH GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE! No! Bad doll! No hugs!

Red has already removed the Capstone boost from Resident Evil. There's no good reason for her not to remove it from her other jumps. Don't trust her, she doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt at this point.

>Carefully chooses jumps.
>Does not go to a jump that gives her the ability to regenerate her arm back
Nice.

So what all jumps are there with OC capstone boosts and perks in general?

>Exalted - The Sidereals
>Exalted - The Solars
>Fate GO
>Fate Realta Nua
>Fate Zero
>MCU Part 2
>Phantasy Star Online

Dumb edition name aside, I'd like to bring KOTOR's attention to a few JLU questions of last thread once he gets back on.

What? You don't like dolls?

That's our edition? Okay I guess.

Anyway, repostan from last thread - "minor, not-really-Jumperish action causes massive unexpected consequences" anecdotes?

Can include Companion shenanigans, but it has to be something you didn't think would majorly affect the setting that did anyway.

Ignore the shitposting you idiot.

Would Astolfo be upset if jumper used the genderbend drawback on them?

You know, I kind of want to make a Pathologic jump, but I cannot see myself playing through the game three times to get all the material. It's such a depressing game, but it would make such a good jump!

I bet he'd go a week or two without noticing.

I guess we can add Kilanon to the list of people who want OAA to stay go then.

Yeah I am done.

Probably not, he does what he wants and dresses cute because he wants to. Gender is probably irrelevant to him
>INB4 How dare you mess with my trap

Thats a flesh homoculus (albeit daughter material), not a doll

No.

Who the fuck are you and why do you have a name?

Much better reaction time than Hundred Faced Hassan.
It's been 13,000 years and it still hasn't been noticed.

So, how scared/angry do you think people would be in Gundam IBO if I introduced railgun ammo that was as penetrating as Dainsleif shots but wasn't? I'm thinking some sort of plasma-based warhead, basically shooting beam sabers, to deal with nanolaminate's weakness to high temperatures. Just as game-breakingly deadly as Dainsleifs, but not violating the treaties. Of course, Ghallarhorn is corrupt as fuck and wouldn't care about me being within the bounds of the treaty, so they'd come after me anyway. I guess my real question is "What sort of lame excuse do you think Rustal is going to come up with for why he sent Iok's weaponized incompetence to deal with me?"

>Don’t want a cute feminine penis on your waifu.

What are you gay?

Besides Anonymous and Val, who's on that list?

Oh, well, if you want something a little more artificial...

I know that you are shitposting, but I like the mechanic, so here are a few more jumps that include capstone boosters:

>Kekkai Sensen
>Generic Videogame Designer
>Call of Duty Infinity Warfare
>The Irregular At the Magic Highschool
>Macross
>Kill Six Billion Demons
>Bloodborne
>Street Fighter

Gonna be honest, no clue who OAA is nor why I should care.

:3

I am Kilanon, I have a name because I want to

Tera / Bancho was the first. NuBee's probably on there as well given he lets Valeria do the talking.
You'd need to ask the IRC for other members.

Yeah, Pathologic is not a fun game to play even before you get into the buggy programming and terrible English-translated version. It's a good game, but the fact that you don't want to replay it is kind of the point.

resident e... oh

>The Irregular At the Magic Highschool
>Bloodborne
Most boisted effects in these have an in-setting basis. Don't count.

You could just make boosted Capstones a separate additional purchase to each of the capstones on their own rather then attached to Hypnos Genes, since your problem is with the OTPness and the OC connection between Hypnos Genes and the capstone boost.

I'll admit that I honestly just don't want to lose the boosted effects since they were kind of important to my chain and this fucks it up, so I hope there can be a compromise instead of completely ripping them out.

Ah you are shitposting, sorry to bother then.

Thank you for that bit of confirmation.

OAA did Van Helsing.

>Don't count
You are retarded.

>I am Kilanon
I am thou...
Thou art I...
From the sea of thy soul, I come...

No, I'm okay with her. She's outside the uncanny valley. Pretty much just a human with a microphone attached to her head.

Well, I'm scared of her, but for different reasons. That just looks unpleasant to have under your skin.

>I have a name because I want to
Not how it works. You've got to make a jump if you want a name.

Don't reply to a shitposter

OAA was basically one of the worst jumpmakers we've ever had. You ever read the Ghostbusters jump? Yeah, well he's lucky to put out content of that level of quality on a good day.

Too mechanical, too furry, face popping mechanic is unnecessary.

I have a name. I keep it sealed in a vault, away from the grubby thieving hands of all you filthy anons.

Wasn't Ghostbusters Tera's jump?

So, I'm throwing around the idea of a servant based on (the inaccurate cultural impression of) Imhotep (as in the mummy).

Mostly because if you went and did what the nasuverse does best and made them a woman, you could refer to them as femhotep, and their lilly form as imoutotep.

I'm thinking either Caster, since High Priest, or Berserker, since Implacable Mummy.

I've got more!

I did make one. I chose not to post it here in respect for board rules

Saw it wasn't interested
Never read ghostbusters

notenoughfangedmaws/10

I know, but I feel the narrative potential it would have as a jump would be phenomenal. Like, the amount of depth you could go into for it, and the interaction with OC powers would be fascinating.

It's just so hard to play, though.

He's blatantly lying to try and shitpost, user.

You cannot make her see reason. She only wants to do this because she can't update things without nerfing them, she's already decided she'll nerf it and doesn't actually care about reasons for why, and she feels the need to piss the thread off again by ruining RE even more then she already has.

Oh, so your a fruit tosser. That's great another fag to block, contribute something or go fuck yourself.

Why?

"Doesn't count" would be wrong. Given the context, it should be interpreted as "[They] don't count."

Unless you're saying they're not based on things in-setting, but that would also be wrong.

Wasn't that Wakfu? :^)

He's lying to you, but I get the feeling you're going to take him at face value.

Ugh, I'm sick of Astolfo. There are other traps out there, you guys. Cute, feminine boys have been a thing for fucking ever. There are so many other traps you can draw fanart of, stop shitting up my boorus with the same damn thing over and over again I hate it. I want some actual variety when I type in "trap" on my searchbar, but no, it's always the same pink-haired French asshole. I'm lucky if I can even find any Toushiro. Fucking TOUSHIRO has gotten hard to find, thanks to Astolfo. And Toushiro was Astolfo before Astolfo was.

too fleshy. Im more of a manikin type of person

>you could refer to them as femhotep, and their lilly form as imoutotep.
That's perfect.

Caster or Berserker both sound good. Depends on what you want to focus on, I suppose?

Unnerving, but again, not in a creepy doll way.

The shitposts are coming so fast I can't even hide them all quickly enough.

Got something more menacing?

Sure. I was going to work on Zone of the Enders anyways so I could make a jump that was allowed on tg.

A new trap flavor will come eventually

could you replace OAA's jumps, or pick up World of Warcraft?

Not really interested in any of the settings like Van Hellsing or World of Warcraft

Stop responding to shitpost.

I like this pixiv artist.

It was, but the point is that OAA's jumps rarely even match it I'm terms of quality.

Which of his jumps is better than Ghostbusters? Go on, I'll wait.

He's an idiot just block him

I know right? I don't even know why I'm here anymore. All I do is hide every post as it comes in and wait for a jumpmaker to show up only to see them responding to shitposts. I'm so fucking sick of this place.

How did OAA become a lightningrod for shitposting?

Most old jumpmakers get ignored and I can't remember him doing anything for ages. I liked Van Helsing though. That castle-in-a-brick.

How fucking retarded are you?

He's not one of the Aussies, so he's become an "accepted target."

He came back a few months ago and started an "update" of the WoW jump. Needless to say, the WIP was not well-received.

What do people think about...well, not capstone boosters, since they wouldn't be capstones, but boosters for item customization options? I've been working on and off on a jump for a while, probably never going to actually finish it, but it's a mecha setting. There's a type of biomechanical mecha that's better than everything else around, so I was thinking maybe having their unique customizations be boosted forms of other options. Like, one of them has reflective scales that bounce energy attacks back at the attacker, so you could get that by taking the energy-diffusing armor available to everyone and the biomechanical construction option to upgrade it, or something like that.

He made WoW, which the shitposter has a personal crusade to shitpost until the end of time because it got finished despite constant attacks from Timmy. Because Timmy is an indignant little shit, he can't stand the fact that he is actually completely ineffectual no matter how much he shitposts, so he just shitposts harder to compensate.

Alright, /jc/, how many points would I be paying to make this guy in one of the Fate/ jumps?

youtube.com/watch?v=NzmFEDNWTO8

well, he's namefagging for no reason, so if he's not pretending, he must be pretty fucking dull.

Yes it was. You're just making shit up for...I don't know why. But most people were positive about it.

Boosters make the original thing seem worthless. Unless you want to undercut your own content they're best avoided.

Uh, last I checked, WoW was still a WIP, user.

They're fine. The only one with a problem with Capstone boosters are Timmy and Red.

Non-canon garbage, remove it.

>revisionism

Manyfist handed off WoW to him, and thanks to a few shitposters latching on and fanclubs starting up you've got stalkers who love to shit on him hard. They get reactions and so they want to chase him away. They did it with Wakfu and now they want to keep chasing off others.

This got brought up a while back, actually, someone posted their build for him. I remember they were having difficulty with his fly-whisk as an NP, because resurrection is something that doesn't really exist in Fate.

Fair point.

If the last thread taught us anything, it's that all boosters should just be removed, along with anything else that's also flimsy and non-canon OC.

Oh, neat. Do you still have the build? I'm not the best at navigating archives.

Not sure if Noble Phantasms can actually get up to resurrection, since that's not really a thing in Fate/ as far as I know. And casual resurrection's kind of his thing.

>fanclubs starting up
Most of which are Val's, of course. We'll probably never get rid of that particular disease, though.

Where can I go to import/purchase cloth-based items that don't quite fall under the category of clothing?

I'm currently running a chain where the benefactor figure has an obsession with eyeballs and really anything vaguely vision related, and their selection for the jumpers perks and items each jump reflects this.

Anyway, I'm currently putting my jumper through an arc of sorts where they're gradually picking up this obsession themselves, to the point where they hide their eyes at all times so nobody else gets to see them.

To that end, I'm trying to get the most stylish blindfold/bandana/bandages/vaguely cloth-like substance that I can manage, and in typical jumper fashion, import and enchant them at every chance I can. So anywhere that would accept this type of item would be sweet.

It's only a WiP if you consider Petals of Reincarnation a WiP. It's not, but the maker plans to add more content, so it's not really finished either.

>archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/55763030/#q55769200

>You mean the way thread is these days compared to what it used to be? I find it generally nicer, yeah.