Pic related has ended up in the 41st millenium with all of the war and terror therein...

Pic related has ended up in the 41st millenium with all of the war and terror therein, and has begun to do as it usually does, make friends. How do things change as a result of its presence?

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/new-job
youtube.com/watch?v=v0b2s_ot9_0
youtube.com/watch?v=aRoIU6lADn8
youtube.com/watch?v=oyUz6Ijl_wM
scp-wiki.net/reimagining-contest,
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Out of my internet, fleshbags!

1171, go to bed. You're drunk.

They become Nurgle followers

But why? I mean, Nurgle followers are only "happy" in the sense that they don't really 'feel' or even *care* about how their afflictions affect them. Whereas, 999 is -genuinely- happy and innocent, and just wants everybody to get along. Nurgle probably wouldn't like that very much, I think.

Depending on its psychic power it, fixes the warp back into the realm of souls

Seeing as how it seems to eat negative feelings it could probably fare pretty well against chaos.

But where would it get its candy from, though? I highly doubt the Imperium or any of the other factions produce something quite as sugarey as a blend of skittles.

I can see entire agri-worlds being re-purposed to the production of sugar just to sustain SCP-999 in its eternal quest to tickle-hug the entire universe.

> I mean, Nurgle followers are only "happy" in the sense that they don't really 'feel' or even *care* about how their afflictions affect them.
They're working towards a better future, there's nothing wrong with that.

>Whereas, 999 is -genuinely- happy and innocent, and just wants everybody to get along. Nurgle probably wouldn't like that very much, I think
I'm fact, that's exactly what Nurgle want. There would be no conflict if everyone simply accepted the fact that everything will crumble one day.
Nurgle loves everyone, mortals just hate him out of ignorance.

>They're working towards a better future, there's nothing wrong with that.
No, they're working towards entropy and the cessation of all created things. There is *everything* wrong in that.

>I'm fact, that's exactly what Nurgle want. There would be no conflict if everyone simply accepted the fact that everything will crumble one day.
That wouldn't be "happiness". That would just be soul-crushing nihilism, the very opposite of what 999 embodies. Honestly, that would be closer to 999's parents purview, really.

>Nurgle loves everyone, mortals just hate him out of ignorance.
Mortals hate him because he is utterly insane, as well as being downright repugnant.

Slaanesh encounters 999, experiences the sensation of pure satiation for the first time, and ceases to exist. Slaanesh's entire Warp realm becomes a place born of Joy and 999 ascends as its new Chaos God.

>Slaanesh's entire Warp realm becomes a place born of Joy
So, it stays the same?

No, Slaanesh is "Joy" taken to the point where it becomes obscene, and just devolves into all sorts of horrible shit (including but not limited to: cocaine, snorting liquid mercury, blending Ecstasy, making cakes out of said blended Ecstasy, splurging seven into said cake, forcing some poor fuck to eat said atrocity of nature to "cheer them up", shoving the remaining ingredients up said schmucks ass), along with being a literal hell. 999's version of said Warp Realm would probably be like that place from that one pony show, except brighter.

Slaanesh and its realm are born of hunger, desire, a need for stimulation that can never be sated. Pain, pleasure, and everything in between, all to try and fill that bottomless need. The pursuit of the ultimate high.

999's effect is a genuine sort of satisfaction that all the drugs and sex in the world can't generate, as evidenced by the fact that it can permanently cure depression. It was even able to (temporarily) 'inflict' happiness and contentment upon 682, a creature to whom this feeling is utterly alien.

All Slaanesh needs is to feel that feeling once and suddenly it has no reason to exist anymore. It would have found the final answer to the question: what is best in life?

>what is best in life?
To hug your enemies. See them happy before you. And to hear the laughter of their women.

Well, depends on what part of the Galaxy 999 comes from. If he arrives in a heavy Imperium region, morale will soar.
If he arrived in a tainted Chaos region... well, That may cause trouble for everyone involved.
Tyranids? It would slow them, as those that touched it would relay to the fleed that they were satisfied, even if a planer is not yet consumed.
Crons... They'd probably be a LOT less depressed, assuming 999 touched one with a personality.
Eldar would be a bit more cheery in the face of extinction.

The Orks though... best part is, I think nothing would change for the ork, save for maybe being able to feel as good as usual, without choppin'.

just imagine Tyranids that have assimilated 999 into their biology.
The Shadow in the Warp would become very orange, and exude feelings of comfort and joy to any psykers caught in it.

Fuckin' gametes, am I right?

Damn it, I shouldn't have opened this thread. Cute, happy things make me so fucking depressed, and yet I can't stay away.

I gotta wonder, what would happen if 999 landed on Krieg, the most depressed and downright suicidal place in the galaxy? Would it implode from raw Hope and Joy?

I thought for sure the eyepods would have been deleted or demoted to a -j by now.

but user, cocaine literally metabolizes to pure satisfaction.

>No, they're working towards entropy and the cessation of all created things. There is *everything* wrong in that.
There is no suffering in the entropy.
>That wouldn't be "happiness". That would just be soul-crushing nihilism, the very opposite of what 999 embodies. Honestly, that would be closer to 999's parents purview, really.
The old Greeks thought that hope was the worst of evils because it prolonged the suffering. You see, while you live you also suffer.
>Mortals hate him because he is utterly insane, as well as being downright repugnant.
Are you going to judge people based on their appearance?
Plus, I don't think concepts of sanity apply to the chaos gods

That's what Slaanesh embody as well. He/she/it doesn't care from where your joy/pleasure comes.

>Are you going to judge people based on their appearance?
When someone's appearance is *literally* composed of rotting viscera, maggots, worms, bile, feces and other abhorrent shit, then yes, I shall judge them on it.

>Plus, I don't think concepts of sanity apply to the chaos gods
Considering that they are just inter-connected masses of somewhat unified Daemons rather than actual "individuals", I doubt you could really apply normal personalities to them.

What happens when SCP 999 leaves a world? Everyone goes suicidal?

Either that, or its effects remain for about a month before everyone falls into clinical depression. If it fine-tunes it's abilities, or decides to leave a piece of itself behind for its friends, then the effects might become permanent.

Or its effects are just permanent, and it going to a different dimension is no different than it going to a different room or a different facility.

Can it multiply?

I don't think it can. If it could, then the Foundation wouldn't have to be worried about keeping it's true nature such a major secret.

I thought 682 had six legs? And was mostly reptilian?

Also, anyone have any thoughts on how to permanently end its existence?

Throw it at the guardian of Eden, hope it doesn't come back on fire

>I thought 682 had six legs? And was mostly reptilian?
It mutates and grows body parts all of the time
>Also, anyone have any thoughts on how to permanently end its existence?
The only thing that has been observed to kill it also killed literally all life in the universe

>true nature
There's no option to check clearance on its page, what are you on about?

>I thought 682 had six legs? And was mostly reptilian?
It mutates and grows, as well as re-absorbs body-parts all the time. It presumably only *looks* "reptillian" because that's the closest we can come to approximating it's 'natural' form.

>Also, anyone have any thoughts on how to permanently end its existence?
Due to one of the rewrite competitions on the Foundation site, 682 *literally* cannot be killed without risking the entire universe ceasing to have ever been. Not merely being destroyed, but being so throughly erased that it would seem as if it hadn't existed at all. Also, what this user said .

>There's no option to check clearance on its page, what are you on about?
This:
scp-wiki.net/new-job

So the idea that 999 would become a new Chaos God isn't so far fetched.

He would likely become Warp Jesus, and would lead all of the various 40k factions on a multiverse-spanning crusade of Love and Hope against his father and siblings.

The fuck is this one? Is this the one with the pile of hearts?

Apparently it's SCP-1499, the Soviet gas-mask one.

Oh yeah, I remember now. Weird shit. Can't believe how many of these I've read.

To snuggle some puppies, to see them frolick before you, and to feel the jubilation of their gentle licks.

Great, more Sarkic shit.

Actually, it's Scarlet King shit really. Sarkic shit is more Adytum, Grand Karcist Ion, Klavigars, and Yaldabaoth.

can it go into women's panties and slide into their womb, forcing them to give birth to its copies?

Reminder that the antimemetics division is one of the best things to come out of scp. It is the only series that can be made a tv series

>There is no suffering in the entropy.
There's no pleasure or joy either. There's just nothing.

>The old Greeks thought that hope was the worst of evils because it prolonged the suffering. You see, while you live you also suffer.
So? I don't have to listen to them.

What you're saying sounds a lot like Buddhism, and I don't like Buddhism either.

The piece makes direct comparison and reference to the Sarkic. Honestly I don't know why they're pushing the Sarkic so hard, it reads like someone wanted to tie everything into a Big Bad faction, make the SCP Foundation into pure good guys, and make the other GOIs irrelevant.

It'll die down eventually. Besides, I got the impression that Sarkism was also pretty tied into the CotBG, so at least one GOI is relevant.

They make reference to the CotBG, but also imply that the CotBG is completely wrong. I guess I just wish that the other GOIs got some more love in their own right. There was this great short piece about the UIU being self-aware that they're a fourth-rate joke compared to everyone else that ended with them basically fellating the SCP Foundation and ruining the whole story.

>but also imply that the CotBG is completely wrong.
That never came across to me, personally.

It's in one of the interviews with the guy who turns people into an extension of himself.

So the happy little orange slime creature is going to be the ultimate hero who literally uses the power of love and friendship to defeat all evil everywhere. That's actually pretty great.

He's the Anti-Grimdark.

that is heroine

i nearly puked from how bad this shit was written

honestly it would have been better if they had permanently killed 682 off, it being that degree of indestructible is just obnoxious

you guys should watch these;

youtube.com/watch?v=v0b2s_ot9_0

youtube.com/watch?v=aRoIU6lADn8

youtube.com/watch?v=oyUz6Ijl_wM

Honestly, at this point 682 has become a staple of the Foundation. Him dying (barring stuff like that one slater ate dimension) is pretty much impossible now.

iirc they remain exactly how they were except 999 isn't there to cheer them up if something bad happens to them again and if it's wh40k we're talking about, well, that's going to happen REAL fucking quick

There's lots of possible ways but we'll never know because the writers always find an excuse to not do that method. The thing about 682's immortality is that it doesn't come because it's immortal, it's immortal because the writers say its immortal. The only time it has ever died is in an alternate universe where the actual 682 wasn't even affected and was never at any risk. It's fucking shit even if people argue that 682's role is to be some form of gatekeeper of power levels.

40k is only the way it is because it's full of evil beings. If 999 makes them all happy, they won't be evil anymore.

Right so this is SCP, i'm not a fucking gaylord so I haven't read that shit since I was 15, I take it this one eats negative emotions or something? Explain.

Since 40k is so big he'd have to do it all at the same time because if he, say, makes khorne not angry anymore all it'll take is some outside influence when 999 is not there to piss him off again.

Slaanesh's new minion makes him harder to resist

No. It eats candy. It eats nothing but candy. It just makes negative emotions go away.

SCP-999 is basically an emotion-eater, sucking away negativity and replacing it with positivity and Joy. In fact, 999 is the *only* subject to have ever managed to (albeit temporarily) render 682 docile, barring 053, but that's an odd case.
He might also be Slime Jesus

I want to point out the Chaos Gods are positive emotions as well. Slaanesh is joy and love. Tzeentch is hope. They just have no breaks.

>Slaanesh is joy and love.
More like hedonism and debauchery taken to extreme excess, which includes things like sadism (and not the "safe, sane, and consensual" kind).

>Tzeentch is hope.
More like scheming, plotting, and ambition, with no real regard for the morality of a given scheme.

No. They are explicitly all those things, and more. The Chaos Gods are positive and negative things taken to the extreme

Basically, Chaos is horrible because everyone in the galaxy is a terrible person, and the excess of negative emotion fuels the chaos gods. The chaos gods continue to cause suffering because it fuels their existence.

But no such division exists user.

But user.......
There is no Antimemetics Division

Star Signals is my favorite SCP.

It's certainly a very interesting one that raises quite a few questions in regards to some of the Foundation'site protocols. Itsuki also a nice bait-and-switch SCP.

Yes and if 999 came in contact with them it would take away the negative aspects leaving only the positive. Slaanesh would become a God of Beauty and Perfection, Nurgle a God of Cycles and Nature, Tzeencth Hope and positive change, and Khorne whatever the fuck he has under all that anger and hate. Their chaotic and vindictive natures would melt away

>682 *literally* cannot be killed without risking the entire universe ceasing to have ever been. Not merely being destroyed, but being so throughly erased that it would seem as if it hadn't existed at all.
What the fuck. Source?

He's full of it. SCP-682 can theoretically be killed by plenty of relatively mundane things like a nuclear blast or a drop from orbit. It's just that the Foundation's O5 has become so paranoid about the slim chance of 682 surviving these events and being subsequently released that they refuse to allow Researchers to expose the SCP to anything that isn't a contained indirect method or of such a destructive scale that it is guaranteed to work.

It came from this scp-wiki.net/reimagining-contest, contest. Basically, they "reimagined" various SCP's with new changes, and various differences. It most likely isn't truly "canon" though, but it's a thing that exists.

What the fuck is this thread
is this about that creepypasta shit?

Hello, fresh class-D!

Yeah yeah, expendable mooks that get sent in to do the shit jobs. I watched that 'Down The Rabbit Hole'. I don't really care about creepypastas all that much, but I'm invested in 40k so I figured I'd ask what this is about since it just looks like people feverishly beating the dick of some fanfiction project.

The happy blob in the OP image is an anomaly that makes people happy and actively repairs mental problems. It likes people and things and wants to hug them. It is also capable of making happy the angriest being in existence, so it's pretty damn powerful.

>And to hear the laughter of their women.

Just came here to say, this sounds very cuck-ite.

They're laughing because of the inherent cheeriness in the air, not because you eloped with their husbands.

SCP is chock-full of terrible fanfiction-tier bullshit. But there's some really amazing and unique stuff buried under the trash.