/HHG/ Horus Heresy General

It is well done edition.

>Previous thread
>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/FW-The-Horus-Heresy-Pre-Orders
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/13/new-ways-to-customise-your-tanks/
anvilindustry.co.uk/Regiments/regiments-heavy-support-weapons?limit=100
warhammer-community.com/2016/10/27/power-armour-through-the-ages/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Repostan from before.

Anyone have the color schemes for EC?

Meaning their sergeants, lieutennants, captains etcetera.

I'm trying to build my army as the 13th company

Sorry, but here's a picture of best boy.

I didn't know Griffith was a primarch.
Does that make Ferrus Guts? His hair colour and beefiness both fit.

>I didn't know Griffith was a primarch.
>Does that make Ferrus Guts?
Well he does have at least one iron hand

Tell me about your allies /hhg/!

Who do you have as your allied detachments?
Other legions, knights, mechanicum, talons of the emperor, militia, solar auxilia?

Do you tie them to your main force in any way - colour schemes (matched, complementing, contrasting?), army/campaign badges etc.

>main force
A Dark Angels

>allies 1
Ordo Reductor with a knight

>allies 2
Cults and Militia

All based on Martian Ironearth, I have no militia yet but they will be lion themed to tie them to the Dark Angels. I'm writing some fluff for them although I've hit a wall on it.

A Knight-Errant (the operative, not the mech) that tags along my custodes.
He's *really* bad on the tabletop, but for some reason I just enjoy this model too much.
I've used the Deathwatch Watchmaster as a base model, but he's heavily converted, obviously. As a tie-in element he's wearing a sash on his waist that has the same color as the custodes' pteruges.

Ah another member of the 'knight errants suck but I love them anyway' club.

I have three in various stages of being built. The sash sounds really cool, have you fluffed your guy at all?

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/FW-The-Horus-Heresy-Pre-Orders

Doors.

When they're done, my Ordo Reductor will have their hordes of vat-cloned cannon fodder in the form of a hundred Zealot/6++ Levies with the option to go Rending in tournaments ect. Can probably also get away with using my Rat-Ogre Plasmaphrons as some extra Chaos Spawn when they're done, too. They'll be in 10-man movement trays to speed things up, since I don't really care if they get blasted and it's not like they have enough brainpower to dodge anyway.

Any reccomendations for tactical squad sarge equipment? I've seen lots of recommendations about fist+combi, sword+plasma pistol, or just fist+bolter.
What to do anons?

I wouldn't bother giving him more than a combi weapon or a power weapon.

Yeah a power fist sergeant could instant death a praetor or abaddon but it's not really worth the points to try it.

My tac sergeants are usually naked unless the get a combi/power weapon. Its too many point that could be spent better else where.

>tfw fulgrim's model will never have the smug grin he was born to wear

>tfw fulgrim's model will never have the big spiked hat he was born to wear

FTFY

>death guard got salty that the space wolves stole their scythes so they stole fulgrims hat

Will start building a small SoS force soon to go along with my Raven Guard. After that I might so some militia if I can find some models I like. Freedom Fighters RoW is too cool not to use.

Death Guard always had pickelhaubes. Fulgrim just had the pickelest pickelhaube that ever pickelhaubed.

Would these be alright to use for Blackshield Marauders with Pariah Power armour and Bolters
Thinking I’d swap the head and backpack for Mark V bits

I haven't really looked at before now. I'm going to be sick.

Under which link can I find Inferno?

We have two local players that use primaris as chymeriae blackshields with intercessors and reavers as marauders, inceptors as destroyers, and hellblasters as tactical support squads. It works well enough and looks actually fairly neat overall.

End his and your own life

Oh boohoo you don't like the new marines
Neck yourself

I'm actually considering grabbing a Dark Imperium box to do the same. The primaris models look good and their scale is really neat.
Plus it infuriates assholes like you, which is a bonus.

Rievers are pretty shit looking.

Ordo Reductor, Iron warriors, Solar Auxilia, Militia and Cults.
All do duty as main/allied detachment dependent on campaign/tournament.

>pastebin.com/k9uvqsub

1475 Traitor Emperors Children PotL. Got 25 more points to spend, mostly used for ZM games.

HQ 185
Eidolon 185

ELITES 540
X3 apothecary, x3 artificer armour, x3 augury scanner 180

X10 Palatines, x10 Phoenix spears, melts bombs,sonic shriekers 360

TROOPS 750
X5 tartaros terminators, x5 combi plasma, x3 power fist, x1, chainfist, x1 Phoenix spear 240

X10 marksmen vets, x2 meltaguns, x4 combi meltas, x3 power swords, artificer armour, Phoenix spear 285

X10 support tacs, volkite chargers, additional CCWS, artificer armour, Phoenix spear, melta bombs 225

Anything linking them together, fluff or paint?

Might look okay without the shitty little wings

It's weird that the thrusters on Marine packs don't get more use in gameplay. Guard can descend from the skies on a pair of thrusters on their backpack, but Marines can't. Guess it'd make drop pods pointless, but you could always give pods some other benefits.

Personally I would drop at least five of the Phoenix spears in the palatine blades squad. Saves you 50 points and I can't see where you would need 10 phoenix spears plus Eidolon at 1500 points. I would also leave the support squad with flamers if it was ZM. The combined 75 saved points could be invested in giving you more combi-weapons on the vets and/or another apothecary.

I'd think it'd be cool if pods gave you speed + impact for your insertion, while if you come on thrusters you might get shot at.

Though that still messes with Jump Pack infantry

Allow PA/AA models (and models that have bought grav-chutes) to do the grav-chute insertion from a flyer. Otherwise the flyer must land to let models out.

I probably overdress mine with aa+powerfist+powerdagger

Doors so many DOORS.
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/13/new-ways-to-customise-your-tanks/

Doors made with CAD instead of sculpted by hand. It really shows.

How fitting do you find those for IW? I dig the designs, and kinda want to build up modq of artillery pieces, use some for bunkers and shiet, since they're cheap.

Woops, forgot pic.

I think they lookbook awesome if a little bulky

Seems a little overbuilt for space marines. Don't see why space marines need a full carriage and wheels for an autocannon when they are capable of carrying and firing them like a normal person would a battle rifle.

anvilindustry.co.uk/Regiments/regiments-heavy-support-weapons?limit=100

How about the tripods for bunker weapons?

If I stuck a Tank Commander in a Stormlord (turning it into an HQ), would I still suffer from the Price of Failure?

the lack of a mortar equivalent for mahreens annoys me in general. Really should have a massive but marine-carried mortar like pic related in gears of war

Even then it seems a little short for marines. I feel like they would just put the guns on pintle mounts or something. I mean the weapons themselves look good, and the carriages may be the right size to look fine for marines but I have a feeling it will look like the marines are overly compressing their bodies (ie. kneeling and bending over) so they can actually get low enough to fire the guns.

If the scale is fine I like it and for Iron Warriors aesthetics I would say the field gun platform would look best. It looks austere and designed for siege work like the Iron Warriors would like and it looks a little more bulky and taller than the regular carriage with the tiny wheels.

Is the Dracosan not a superheavy, even though it's a Malcador?

No. The Spartan isn't one, either, even though it's from the same family as the Typhon and Cerberus, both of which are superheavies as well.
FW gives no shits about consistency when it comes to transports, it seems.

I'm guessing we still use the 7e Daemons codex if they're being used as allies, right? Word Bearers and Warp Cults both have access to them, and I don't their codex being out of date for 40k really affects their state in HH.
Still, I'd like to get second thoughts on it.

Ofc use their 7th rules unless you're playing one of the 8e HH fandexes.

I know the general answer to this is going to be "Any of them," but which legions can pull off the Pride of the Legion RoW the best? Or, rather, which legions are best suited to fielding small, elite units in such a manner?

Any of them. Do you have any specifics at all? Do you prefer terminators or vets? Do you want to be shooty or assault? Graceful or heavy handed? Fast or slow? Mobile or static? Support vehicles, transports, or all foot slogging? Do you want to build your army around a death star?

Why is it that none of the 3d modelers doing 40k/30k stuff on Shapeways are taking commissions when I finally have the funds to actually commission someone?

Bugger.

Anyone know of another site doing marine shoulder pads and iconography on commission?

For now yes.
But when Angelus will come out they will need to do something because Daemons codex is no longer available.

If I remember correctly, those are primarily reactor vents, and only provide any kind of useful thrust when in zero-g.

the stormlord is still a LoW, so yes.

Anybody here have experience using the Solar Auxilia or Imperialis Militia lists?
If so, could you please share a bit of your experience?

Actually, same goes for playing against those armies.

You know what? Fuck it. Anyone got an interesting 30k battle report in general they'd like to share?

Imperial Fist list with an 'allied' detachment of Custodes.

Nice fluffy and potentially imba.

Back in 1e they were jet/jump packs, sort of.
But as says, now it's just exhaust and has no in-game effect.

Also, fun fact, back in the Rogue Trader days the paint used on SM armour used to act like solar paneling.

Also also, to get the full 3+ armour save you needed to wear carapace armour under your power armour.
And terminator armour provided a 3+ save... on 2d6.

Forgot muh pic

But its battlefield role changes.

The stormlord is a LoW, the tank commander is the HQ.

My Iron warriors have a pact withe the trator reductor, this ensures the mad archmagos has plenty of resources to work with and the iron warriors have plenty of fresh tanks(and daemon engines in in 40k). Cults are just enslaved peons.

All siege weapons in the army are painted in Iron warriors, including all the medusas, 3 stationary basilisks, and a valdor. everyone has the same green for lenses, and most metal is a bronzey colour.

Iron Warriors are leadbelcer with caution striped pads, Reductor are purple, cannon fodder are orange/red

Everyone has the same granite grey base with green grass that I use for all my armies as it fits on the two boards i have, and all of the old ones at my FLGS

Alpha Legion, between veteran tactics and mutable tactics you can layer on the special rules. Also, maybe Night Lords because from what I understand their vanilla termimators are quite good

Thousand Sons, though you may want to use their specific SUPER Pride of the Legion rule.
Either way, between the psychic shenanigans and getting to choose special rules for each squad, they're basically tailor made for that kind of army.

And their legion-specific terminators are broken as shit.

What makes you think that? Wouldn't it just be 1 slot?

>And their legion-specific terminators are broken as shit.
I love them but I feel bad if I bring them.
On the other hand, my rotor support squad is the most enjoyable unit I've ever had in Warhammer

If it was one slot than you could just use two tank commanders to field three lords of war and also not be limited by the maximum price for lords of war for two of them. More to the point however the tank commander and tank are separate entities, the tank commander isn't an upgrade (like pask was in 5th edition or whenever I last played Imperial Guard), and the rules about him specifically mention attaching him to the tank and that he cannot exit the tank. Put simply the tank commander is like an apothecary that boosts his unit's ballistic skill, cannot be targeted, and dies when the unit he is attached to dies.

Were Tau saved from Imperium by Eldar?
In Tempest in place of Tau Empire is Prohibited Zone, after some alien (presumably eldar) plague attacked expedition fleet.

Weren't the first tau discovered in the 35th millenium ?

although I hope Gutts keeps his head, and rips Griffith and his dreams, to shreds.

It's the same wording as for 7e Ultramarine tank commander chronos (or w/e his name was), which did not have the tank as a separate unit. The tank commander also can't be a compulsory HQ.

Cool. Don't mind me I'm just taking three super heavy tanks. Oh its okay I have two tank commanders. Also you get nothing for killing two of them because they are just regular HQ choices.

>"The round nozzles on either side of the backpack are now categorised as stabiliser jets for use in zero gravity."

warhammer-community.com/2016/10/27/power-armour-through-the-ages/

The actual reactor vents are the ones at the bottom. That's why, for example, SoB backpacks don't have vents on the round bits at the top.

>no in-game effect.

Reivers use them to deep strike onto the battlefield (hence the little wings).

The head and backpack swaps make the idea somewhat palatable. Otherwise, hell no.

The guy at Pop Goes the Monkey just went through some legal trouble with GW. I assume he has to sort out a few things before getting back to normal.

Yes but territory where Tau started to exist wasn't taken by Imperium during Crusade because of quarantine.

No need to feel bad about a single squad, imo, especially if it's on the smaller side. It's also more socially acceptable to run Tartaros because 3+ invulnerable saves can get annoying.

>
The best. Also their terminator command squads are hilarious against any marine unit
>Give them lightning claws
>Hit on a 2+ against WS 4 units they outnumber (less than 12 if they have a terminator character attached to the squad)
>Wound on a 3+ if they outnumber the enemy
>Reroll wounds
>AP 3
>22 wounds against WS 4 marines before saves
Probably more efficient ways to go about it but the idea of just five guys wiping the floor with four times their number is goddamn hilarious.

What would you guys do to Krieg models to field them as Imperial Army or Cults/Militia?

Would you even allow it?

Love the models but also want to use em on the table.

The Cults & Militia list is written to allow pretty much any models you can think of - there isn't really anything you need to do. Just think of provenances that fit the models and whatever story you're giving your army.

Solar Auxilia (the only part of the Imperial Army that has rules right now) would be a little questionable because the Krieg guys' gas masks aren't convincing as void-warfare gear. That list is pretty restrictive anyway; I think it's more fun to do a Militia list.

I main Wolves, but then have a narrative group of marines that are counts as Wolves who have a 'PDF' allied detachment due to the narrative.

Sounds good. I want to run them with my Word Bearers and use them as an opportunity for a different colour scheme and painting something more than Marines.

Talons:
Militia, modeled as Malcador's Chosen.

DG:
Hopefully Angelus gives me the ability to have Nurgle daemons as allies, since daemonology was one of the things promised.

Night Lords with. . . oh, right. I have no friends.

I feel like Imperial Fists would be pretty good at that. With the bonus to bolter accuracy and the lovely, lovely sniper bonus you will be giving your veterans, it would be a poor man's Sternguard army.

That makes sense. I don't suppose you know of any other place I could get some custom shoulder pads made?

SM thrusters are vents for armour power plant, they can also be used for limited manvering in non-gravity.
Guard is using grav-chutes which are heavy backpacks used as parachutes and remove them after landing.

Where are they said to be vents? I've only seen stabilizer jets. And if Reivers can land with those things, why not marinelets?

>heavy backpacks

They look way smaller than Marine packs (which incorporate life support, power planet, etc.), and have two thrusters, just like Marine packs.

So all the debate about whether or not Fulgrim was possessed by the daemon or not, there's a whole chapter of Aurelian where Lorgar REEEEs about Fulgrim being possessed. He senses it, and the daemon admits it. So at least for a time, he's trapped in the painting. I'm not sure if Reflection Crack'd came before or after Aurelian, though.

Its ok. Neither do my Alpha Legion

Found a friend for you!

So, despite being written by Thorpe, this was actually really good. I'd probably put it as best in series so far, though Perturabo had the stronger ending.

So do you have Ruinstorm already? Would you mind sharing?

Only got some of the artwork.

we're saying you can't, the tank commander section doesn't mention anything about buying a tank in the HQ slot but instead says you need to put your HQ dude into a tank. technically this also means you can switch what tank he rides in between missions in a tournament or whatever. Not sure when that'd be relevant though.

because reivers are nu GW and might not follow the same logic as the older marines, it makes tonnes of sense to me that a marine (that probably weights a tonne) requires something large like a jumppack to strap enough of a turbine in something to actually stop their landing. if you imagine that the tiny ass space marine backpack contains a nuclear reactor, life support and all the other stuff it allegedly contains, how the fugg are you squeezing in a huge ass engine and turbine to generate the forces neccesary to assist in a jump when the dude wearing the power armor weights as a small car?

What's a good loadout for a Blackshield Marauder squad using the Outlanders option?
Chainaxes and rad grenades on the boss are pretty much a given, but what about guns? Just roll with shotguns, or keep 'em cheap and use lasguns? Is the pariah bolter worth a damn?

hey look, it's definitely not castrmen orth

Here from IA book.
Same book describe grav-chute as heavy and bulky piece of equipment, usually discarded after landing.