Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

Egyptian Space Terminators need some love edition

Previous →

>Warhammer Community news(Forge World Preview: The First Ever Primaris Super-heavy)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/12/forge-world-preview-the-first-ever-primaris-super-heavy/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=tS51VhDSeQM&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Imperial Guard codex (thanks anons)
>epub
mega.nz/#!lfR2RL4Q!Hgfv6ah0Q_lo90V4VMpZ79fVhu3erKCTR8SQ-5lGJVc
>pdf
mega.nz/#!30pVCIzI!weouWfwAWkijYm0EhBaLe2_aVc0FErVOcszvwmMCc7o

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/13/new-ways-to-customise-your-tanks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Every day we stray further from god

I've been out of the loop since shortly after the first couple codices dropped. Have the T'au battlesuit costs been fixed yet, or is fusion quadmanders still what people are running?

Nurgle is best god

you shouldn't expect the cost to be fixed until the codex comes out

With the changes made to Tau, how are people playing them? Finally got a riptide after 3 months.

Very differently. I wouldn't suggest a riptide though since to me it looks a little overcosted. Usually I have no trouble fighting against drone hordes and I find riptide to just stand there being tough to kill. The most troublesome units for me to deal with are broadsides with full missiles or crisis suit dropping in with a drone bubble. Just don't get overboard with suits as they are very expensive.

eh, already bought it and put most of it together. magnetizing the weapons because 70bux, etc. I understand why they got rid of buffmanders, but I can't feel like relegating its effects to infantry only would have been a better fix. having a riptide ignore cover with relative ease was mountains of blue bullshit, I admit.

Right now I have 2 squads of 3 suits, with double plas/double fusion. Target locks on the fusion blasters, ATS on the plasma.

Chapter Approved might help them mildly.
But probably not, if Reece has anything to say about it.

>how are people playing them?
ALL of the drones

is that a double barreled grav scorpion tank?
since when did 40k rip off halo or halo rip off 40k
interesting.
riptide = lose, though if you must run it take the burst cannon and keep the cost down to a minmum
crisis suits are inferior to commanders in every way except for flamers
if you can convert your riptide to a y'vahra and run it as that, the xv109 is rape incarnate or the xv107 which is also average, but the riptide is unusable in its current incarnation, whatever role you want it for something else could do that better

For some reason it reminds me of one of those spades you use to collect turds from cat litter

Looks alright to me but it will be expensive in cash/points to ever be seen on the tabletop. What Chapter owns this particular tank?

After the SC box, whats the next purchase when starting Nids?

but why though

But which SC? The old one or the new one?

the question you gotta ask yourself is, and the answer determines everything
big bugs?
or
little bugs?
which one do you want to play more?
kek

I'd be interested to see someone go unorthodox and play an infantry gunline and hammerhead setup with them, maybe even use some bombers. Leverage that extra range and wound-all infantry-on 3s, vehicles-on-5s longarms to good use.

But the Tau community is so steeped in the Battlesuit Brigades that I don't think anyone has the numbers to even try that.

How's this for 1000 points. Buying all this shit in a lot. Going to buy a 2nd HQ for battalion. What do I need next. Wyches? Venoms?

tau infantry gunlines are pretty shit outside of the fireblade+pule drone combo
hammerheads are 10/10, longstrike with 3 hammerheads is pretty rapey, especially ith FW hammerheads running burst cannons dumping out shots, couple that with sunsharks/barracudas and you can deal with a lost of shit.
wounding on 3 is useless if you hit on 4 and don't reduce save, same with vehicles.
until tau ML are fixed I don't see anything running BS4+ stuff being able to work

Cheap and decent amount of attacks, so in total a high amount of S5 attacks. That's pretty much the only thing that matters in 8th.

interceptor drones are the most cost effective unit in tau index, followed by gun drones, which are both just decent strength guns on cheap af platforms that can be spammed and move fast

>interceptor drones are the most cost effective unit in tau index

until you realise you need to buy a bomber to get 2 of them, then they are suddenly not cost effective at all

The bomber is still good
also my point is that the drones themselves are cheap af, also just spam auxiliary detachments if you want them

>just spam auxiliary detachments if you want them

what, why

you cant spam them when you are limited to 3 detachments, or you could just take a normal detachment which is literally tax-less because of how good commanders are

clearly if you were intent on spamming interceptor drones the recommendation of 3 detachments for 2000 points would be ignored, commanders are good, but not as good as interceptor drones or gun drones

3 Razorwings
Cheap and Bullshit Missiles and air wing gives you +1 gbp

>the recommendation of 3 detachments for 2000 points would be ignored

>you can still spam them by not doing stupid aux detatchments and still get CP

>its still not spamming because it comes with a bomber tax anyway

I want to sell my stuff and start again but I also don’t want to. Does anyone know what I mean?

Current one, Gargoyles, warriors and Tyrant

Pref little bugs with a few big ones

Shred my list please anons,

Batallion Detachment
2x Tempestor Prime, Command rod

2x 5 Tempestus Scions, 2x melta 1x bolt pistol
1x 5 Tempestus Scions

Scion command squad, 4x plasma
Scion command squad, 3x plasma 1x melta

2x Taurox Prime, 2x Autocannon, Missile launcher
2x Taurox Prime, 2x Volleygun, Gatling cannon, Stormbolter

Patrol Detatchment
Grand Master, Halberd, Psilencer

2x 10 Strike squad, 8x falcion+stormboler, 2x Psilencer

Vanguard Detatchment
Celestine, 2 Geminae
5 Seraphim, Plasma pistol, 2x2 inferno pistols
Culexus
Bolter Acolyte
Bolter Acolyte
Bolter Acolyte

Acolytes allow everything except the naked scions to deepstrike, culexus deepstrikes near the GK so the enemy have -2 to deny during psychic phase

It looks fine, it just needs more guns. Should have a smaller turret where the crudely drawn blue """"turret""""" is in pic, like a preadator autocannon or somthing, a bunch of pintle mounted guns I guess (hell if I know the right term) along the sides of the back, maybe give it options for lascannons, asscannons and heavy bolters or something (shown in red) and some stormbolters shown in grey.
Also give some options for the big gun. Make it super autocannon we got, Suprer neutron laser and super rotor cannon.
That way it actually has a role: a super armed mobile fortress, that can be made to be anti-infantry, anti-heavy or a mix. As is, it has no purpose

People keep saying "Tau infantry gunline suck" but they never back it up with anything else. What, specifically, is wrong with 60 fire warriors behind a mobile tidewall with ethereal/Commander buffs. You say it sucks but I'm curious as to WHY it sucks.

Sooo.. how stupid am I if I choose harlequins as my first army? Wanted to do Custodes and SoS first but I read they werent that good and that gold kinda gets boring to paint after a while

How do you guys prepare for a tournament without knowing what the mission is?

I have a 1000 point tournament next month and they said they'll give us the mission the day of the tournament.

it dishes out damage decently well but the moment you go against a tank line or deepstrike dakka spam you just lose bodies faster than you can get kills

tau are squishy and you'll just get alpha struck and run over.

you create a balanced list that can deal with whatever mission it goes against

its the same thing as saying "how do i make a list that i cant tailor to the enemy"

Looks like the Red Scorpions.

Okay makes sense. So 90 Ork Boyz with Choppas and 60 Ork Boyz with shootas and one Warboss will cover everything then.

Hearty kek

Jeez MORE OP Forge World shit being previewed.
Threadly reminder using this O.O GARBAGE makes you a NAZI.
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/13/new-ways-to-customise-your-tanks/

>55847464
>Threadly reminder using this O.O GARBAGE makes you a NAZI.
Fuck off with your forced meme. It's not funny and never was, and your a fag for forcing it. Not even going to give you a (You)

Not literally cover...

you need some sort of armor inthere aswell

trukks, killtanks or a kustom forcefield naut

Delete lolicrons

This triggers the poorfags.

How about 60 boyz with choppas 30 with shootas a warboss and two Dakka Jets?

Or 60 boyz with choppas 30 with shootas, 15 stormboyz, a warboss, weirdboy, and Boss Zugstruck?

I don't have any heavies

So a Space Marine Stormhammer? Not that I'm complaining mind, I'm one of the few weirdos who actually likes this thing.

Can anyone tell me how many points a fire warrior is? I feel like a guy at my store is cheating by adding more in than there's points but I'm not sure.

drop zugstruck for a 2nd wierd boy

dakka jets are good though, however you really need some form of kustomforce field or you just get shit on turn 1

8 points unless its a shas'ui with a markerlight, which is 11

Having played it very recently against Ynarri, you just aren't cheap enough. Fire warriors feel a lot like guardsmen, but at twice the cost and with less efficient buffs in exchange for s5 and a 4+ save, which ultimately does not do much in the face of the the guard putting out four shots per point at the range you put two, and 8 for 3 at half, pulse rifles simply don't have adequate volume to leverage their strength advantage over similar-functioned infantry.

Don't play against someone who won't show you a codex (digital or otherwise).

Would I be crazy to run 2 leviathan dreads at 1700 pts?
This tourney at my LGS is supposed to be a vanguard detachment only so I figured I'd go as elite as possible with terminators and big boy dreads

Isn't the point of a dakkajet to pull in the enemy fire while your troops move up?

I suppose. A storm hammer that can have 18 lascannons or assault cannons.

Ask to see their list, if they don't have it on paper or battlescribe they are a cheating fucklord probably

>Isn't the point of a dakkajet to pull in the enemy fire while your troops move up?

and also have good dakka, but if you dont have a forcefield on your troops they will just get bodied instead of the jet

I'm awful at proofreading, at max range under buffs, fire warriors put one shot out to the equivalent cost in guardsmen's two.

Think about your options and your meta, build your list and ask "what do I do if I play this user? What if they bring this army? Also ask the same questions for missions, sun tsu that shit and be ready to win before the battle starts

Then just bring a good TAC list.
Or just go for a heavy skew or tabling or something like a fag

Anyone here know when the last Death Guard vehicle is up for pre order? Is it tomorrow? I think those little buggers look great.

>700 pts of cripples
Well glad to see your list won't be ableist

Pinup models for every faction when?

All the good ones already have enough good art
Except for celestine, she has a criminally low level of Lewds post new release

Good tournaments have a variety of missions for their games

Soon™

>go to a tournament
>half the missions are killpoints
>the other half is capture the relic

>not just doing ITC so only 1 mission is kill points

>relic
>in a tourney
God dammit

I heard you like Third Reich so we put Forge World doors in your Forge World tank so you can deny Holocaust while you denying Holocaust.

What's so bad about relic anyway? You can only move so fast each turn with the objective and objective secured lets you steal it.

>turn one infiltrate/deep strike a character on top of the relic
>run behind your army so you basically have to get tabled to loose the relic
Whoever goes turn one wins user

character keyword is abused to shit

Lol, just snipe the nigga

Unless you're alpha legion, in which case your deep strike happens before turn 1.

What the fuck is a "samoflange?"

>sniping a culexus
>what is LoS
>what are all of these stratagems giving +1 to save, FNP, or wound heals
>who is celestine and her merry band of bullshit

>Dagger of T'suh or whatever the fuck name
>Tank Commander and Veteran Deep Strike
>Vets cheese it, tank blocks you with Flamers and punisher rounds.

Exactly, if you know relic is gonna be a mission half the armies in the game can throw in a "turn one auto win" unit for that specific game if they go first or the opponent is Stupid and not also doing that

How would you fix the relic? Denying the character keyword wjen you hold it?

>I heard you like Third Reich so we put Forge World doors in your Forge World tank so you can deny the Holocaust while you commit the Holocaust.

FTFY

>deep strike
Those crazy attilans and their parachuting horses.

Maybe characters should not be allowed to carry it. They should not have to lower themselves to carrying their own luggage anyway.

Dagger of Tu'Sakh lets you arrive from reserves in an Outflank type move. Very fucking strong when delivering a tank commander, but otherwise not at all useful for taking the Relic

cannot pick the relic up if you used something that moves at the end of the phase
6" movement per turn, not phase, only, stops celestine being able to move it 18"
holding the relic removes the character keyword for the purposes of the shooting phase

Add alternate win conditions so the relic is like a golden snitch but not the only way
Make the relic have a 12" bubble of no deepstrike
Remove the character keyword when they have it
One or all of these, but really relic just has no place in a competitive game

just to add, this doesnt wholly fix the issue of imperium

>2++ invuln +d3 wounds 6 wound bullgryn
>culexus has 3++ invuln now
>gulliman and celestine reviving

>culexus has 3++ invuln now
Eh?

Take Cover stratagem doesn't have any unit requirements, not even astra militarum tag

enjoy +1 save to literally anything you want, 3++ culexus/celestine/eversor or 2++ gulliman/dreadknight

>using your only stratagem that phase to give a W4 unit a 3++
Still dies to two squads' worth of bolter fire.

I thought you couldn't modify invulnerable saves in any way?
Welcome to Mortal Wound edition

You've never played against a culexus have you?

>only stratagem
you can use more than one a phase, you just cant use the same one twice

>4w

who? the culexus is 5w and 6+ to hit, eversor is 6w

AP doesnt modify invulns

I own one.
>you can use more than one a phase, you just cant use the same one twice
Shit, really? THAT I didn't know.

>a competitive game
If you play 40k competitively you're just asking for pain. With the core mechanics of 8th ed it's basically whoever goes first can alpha strike the fuck out of his opponent and cripple him for the rest of the game. 40k has, for a decade at least, been a game where you can cheese the fuck out of your army and slap the other guy off the board. Just look at the rosters for tournaments.

7th was clearly the worst, but 8th still has it. Would it be nice if 40k had a tight, balanced ruleset. Well obviously, but that's not the world we live in. If you want to play minis purely to win or remove models, just go play fucking videogames.

The real purpose of miniature games is to paint cool models and have a good time. It's the theater of the mind that you get when you see a good board. If you play unpainted shit just to win you're a dog chasing it's tail.

See
>dozens of unpainted riptide wings on ebay