What kind of villain would say "Glory to mankind"?

What kind of villain would say "Glory to mankind"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pVzYS3Ga_j8
youtube.com/watch?v=A8_WBqpdu2g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

/thread

The truth sets you free.

youtu.be/pVzYS3Ga_j8

>villain

>EoM
>not a villain

He's only less villainy than other villains

villanous, not villainy

what did i just watch

Any human in a setting where non-human intelligent life exist.
Pretty much
I bet daemons and xenos in general aren't very fond of him

A human one.

A psychic mutant forced all of humanity under his banner and in doing so exposed them to the perils of the Warp.
He doomed all of mankind and his undeath brings even more constant threat.

youtube.com/watch?v=A8_WBqpdu2g

One with a narrow definition of mankind. Are offworlders genetically engineered? Are they evolved through a few thousand years of low-G or high-G environments? One of Japan's biggest SF settings tends to feature Earthling supremacists as the villains against space colonists who've rewired the parts of their minds otherwise used for an instinctive command of gravity. Write in a style ranging from Klansman to modern conservative politician, drawing on their tendency to consider others inhuman by birth.
On the other hand, making literal Nazis clinging to power the villain is only unusual or interesting when you have a containment board infestation, so...

One with a standard measure of mankind in a setting where humans aren't the only sentient faction. Can be far more interesting, as it can also be a heartfelt underdog who's convinced that the best way to end alien political meddling in Sol is a terrorist campaign against the Galactic Federation, say. (Or "Elves out of Gondor", "the Great Rift's surface is for Men", etc.) Much more engaging.

Fuck that movie terrified me as a child.

>Put a corpse on the throne
>Call it a god
Made me think

"Humanity will rise again."

Also, threadly reminder that Garithos did nothing wrong beyond trusting Sylvanas.

He never hid behind his soldiers and always lead the charge on the frontlines, and he was willing to ally himself with elves, dwarves and even the fucking undead, ignoring his personal feelings towards other races for the greater good in order to protect humanity.
His racism was completely justified, both from the personal standpoint and from the standpoint of someone trying to protect the humanity.
There are multiple reasons why he failed, but he is personally responsible for none of them except one, which is trusting Sylvanas to keep her word even when she clearly indicated that she wouldn't.

Reminder that Garithos had a gigantic army of knights, zeppelins, golems and other creatures, that would probably be capable of wiping out the Scourge.
And what did he use it for? Suicide bombers! To stop Kael from escaping his execution.

Absolute madman.

And from the "just protecting the Undead" perspective, Sylvanas did nothing wrong and was completely justified in lying to him. You just like him because he's your team, and hate her because she's the other team.
It's 2-year-old logic, and comes part and parcel with a 2-year-old's reversal on whether might makes right as soon as mommy comes to spank him for bullying.

>implying I implied Sylvanas was in the wrong
She wasn't. But neither was Garithos.

Eggman? In the end, he harms a lot of animals, but only sort of terrorizes humans.

Eh, true, but I think it's just the fault of mediocre writing because they needed something for Kael to fight in that mission.

Also, for some reason, the combined might of 2 dreadlords and mind-controlled Garithos wasn't enough to kill off Sylvanas, because... the dreadlord in question was too fucking dumb?
Like, what? Why would a dreadlord choose to keep his word and remain loyal to someone who FORCED him into obedience when a chance presents to take the reigns of power?

Now don't forget to sign up for his fan club.

Lex Luthor.

pretty much any xenocidal human leader
or even some eugenist looking to perfect mankind

pretty much the Emperor

>Reminder that he somehow will be back in Avatar 2.

Good post.

But first post, best post.

>Worshipping a bunch of soul and emotion eating parasites that hate you
>call them gods
Makes me think

The story of sonic the hedgehog is just a story of a forward-thinking englishman with a few peculiar tendencies improving the lives of children in the british empire by making more paper to turn into books. Deforestation and displaced animals are just an unfortunate but ultimately necessary side effect to make sure the next generation is more literate and educated than the last.

He did try to destroy Station Square, which seems to have a majority human population.

>Worshipping anything at all
>Believing in any divinity over The Greater Good
Makes me think

>BEIN' BLOO
WOT

>not worshipping the giant tech banana

ba da de ba da di

"Villain" is debatable in Nier