Should game tournaments, at the very highest levels, reward their champions with brides?

Should game tournaments, at the very highest levels, reward their champions with brides?

Other urls found in this thread:

ranker.com/list/famous-people-who-never-married/celebrity-lists
fortune.com/2015/01/08/unmarried-startup-ceos/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

...no?

All other problems with this aside, I don't think you realize just how bad the bride you won at a game tournament would be

I'm sure this was much funnier in your head OP

Imagine dedicating the prime of your life to mastering a game--10, 20, even 30 years--and not getting a bride after you beat all the others.

>how bad the bride you won at a game tournament would be

Couldn't they import a decent one?

It's almost like it's 99% of anything you master IRL

What the fuck does this have to do with traditional games btw

If you want to get married, then get married. A weird arranged marriage for winning a game would be bizarre.

No, moron. Doesn't make any fucking sense. Basically 100% of life does not reward you with marriage just for being good at something, why would gaming? This is a bad question and you should feel bad for asking it.

You know at the start I thought you meant like in-game tournaments for a fantasy setting in which case- yes it's historically what happened.
If you're talking about meatspace board tournaments- No.

OP is a lonely virgin trying to imagine a scenario where a woman could be coerced into being with him because even he can't imagine a woman wanting to be with him.

>What the fuck does this have to do with traditional games btw

Prize support is a matter of some concern to the more dedicated among us.

I dunno annon.
Being the best in business or in your specific trade often results in trophy wives do to all the shekels.

>marriage is a prize
ayy lmao

>A weird arranged marriage for winning a game would be bizarre.

Is it any stranger than trial by combat?

You sound like a huge fucking faggot. And here I thought people played games to play a game with friends. You want to be REWARDED for playing D&D now?

No, but there's a reason we don't do that either.

>Basically 100% of life does not reward you with marriage just for being good at something

And yet world class professionals are hounded by fertile women hungering for betrothal.

This proposal would simply get rid of all the "middle-men".

>What the fuck does this have to do with traditional games btw

OP found an image on the Internet that he considered sexually arousing so he had to post it on Veeky Forums. Are you new here?

>You want to be REWARDED for playing D&D now?

If I was the best in the world, yeah.
Same for any other game.

Human Trafficking is frowned upon by the UN you know.

Um, what? There's plenty of hugely successful people with no wives too. Success doesn't automatically equal a wife you... weirdo. This is like talking to some kinda alien or robot who just kind of understands how people work.

How would one even determine the best D&D player in the world? And why do you expect to be praised for mastering something? Shouldn't mastering it be its own reward? If you expect to be rewarded then don't you find the thing.... not enjoyable? So to be clear you don't like D&D, you just play it to get some kinda tangible reward. And you expect women to be given away like we're in the middle ages.

If you're not a troll then I am legitimately sad for you because I think you're probably a complete social reject.

Women aren't property man, they're people. You can't just buy/sell/trade them. I think your life and interactions with others would greatly improve if you realized that.

The true golden rule is that no one owes you anything. You must earn it.

>The true golden rule is that no one owes you anything. You must earn it.
You can't even do this though if no one values you and your effort and the truth is that no one does. Welcome to the paradox of our time.

The tangible rewards are welcome and expected, but always secondary.

>Imagine wasting your life on what should be a recreational distraction and then discovering your line won't be going forward, and you are fated to die alone and unmourned.
It's very rare, but at least here there is some justice in the world.

Stop injecting your horrible fetishes into real life.

But this implies that everything has equal merit. Why should mastering engineering be met with the same praise as mastering 2nd edition D&D? The paradox of our time is actually the fact that people want to be rewarded even if nobody else cares about their achievements.

Holy shit.
Imagine that RPGs we're invented in ancient Rome. Rewarding players with brides could actualy be possible.
>And now, for the best player, we're giving a cute young teen that the Caesar recently captured in his wars agains't the gauls

Fucking landwhales is much easier than winning a magic tournament.

>But this implies that everything has equal merit.
You misunderstand. What I mean is that *nothing* has merit without being given merit by others and the reality is that no one gives out merit anymore. I can be the best engineer in the entire world but since no one cares, it doesn't matter. The paradox here is that to earn value in life you must already be given value by others thus defeating the point of earning it in the first place.

>You can't even do this though if no one values you and your effort and the truth is that no one does.

t. not my fault that I'm approaching age 30 and still live with my mom

Only niggers fuck landwhales though

Of course they should. Each bride would be put into the Champions harem, as is befitting of his status.

You guys know this was a thing that used to happen, right?

Name a successful man in his 40's that has never been married and is not gay.

Protip:
>You can't

Or, once again, it's the fact that nobody cares about the shit you mastered. Plus you seem to ignore the fact that you should personally find what you're doing fulfilling. If you're the best engineer in the world and nobody cares then YOU should still care. Expecting others to care about each individual thing you do is just narcissistic.

Should we pay equal attention to someone who's good at football, and someone who beat Bubsy 3D in record time? Are two men, one who has extensive knowledge and a masters in European history, and another man who knows every monster from every D&D book's monster manual, should both of those men be given equal respect? After all, both are difficult to do. I think it's just the fact that you expect people to find merit in the same things you do. Which isn't going to happen. This is a two way street man. If you intentionally go out of your way to master things on the fringes of society then don't be surprised when society as a whole doesn't find what you've learned particularly interesting or notable.

>You guys know this was a thing that used to happen, right?

You know OP can only fap if he's browsing Veeky Forums at the moment, right?

Just briefly typing a few words into goggle brought me to a number of examples.

ranker.com/list/famous-people-who-never-married/celebrity-lists

Here's some celebrities.

fortune.com/2015/01/08/unmarried-startup-ceos/

And here's some CEOs from various companies.

Gays and sexual deviants the bunch of them, and women doesn't count (of course nobody wants to marry a career-oriented woman).

Protip: Just because you make sound financial decisions doesn't mean you're gay or otherwise deviant.

Protip: you're arguing with a troll who will continue to shift goalposts to keep you replying.

Maybe once robo-waifu tech gets off the ground.

From where? The wife farm?

>wife farm

Is that a euphemism for breeding pit?