Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Spheres of Might's here and there's already going to be errata. Go get your martial traditions and Feat/Adept progression trades while you still can on your half casters! What's your favorite thing about SoM?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/image/KD4O3WiMFwmmwTXxo0AKwQ/
pastebin.com/CHiUT9uj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it has to be the Equipment Sphere's Discipline Talents. Trading in your Martial Proficiency for them....absolutely brilliant move, makes your Proficiencies a lot more flavorful, and hell, might even make some weapons usable. Take the Bastard Sword for example. you wouldn't want to spend a feat on that. but trading away proficiency in some weapon you would probably never use? That's worth it, in my book.

The entire scoundrel and scout sphere, holy god, it finally lets me play a sneaky thief perfectly!

The fact that it's as poorly put together and thought out as SoP, which is also a shitty system.

Truly epic

Gotta admit, I love some of the goofy weapons like the battle wrench and shit, lets me use an improvised weapon without it being garbage.

>be Shifter, a mid-caster
>take Warshifter archetype for initiating
>trade feats for SoM shenanigans
>have all of the options ever

Probably overly clunky with all those options, but it sounds fucking awesome to play.

Love the (unreleased) Sage class that somehow pulls off being a monk with d6 HD. Having a good time with the Commander so far.

Adamant Guardian sentinel is the most awesome tank I've ever played.

From what I remember from the playtest it looked fun, but I know none of my groups are ever going to use it and every group from here will either ban it because it doesn't play nice with things they already use, or only use it in combination with every other 3pp subsystem smashed together so it ends up being too much of a headache to care about.

I kinda wish I didn't need like, 2-3 talents to make Sparrow's Path work. All-day, wingless flight is cool.

apt description of SoM

Barroom and Athletics have always been the favorite spheres!
Also, Striker is stkk fun looking, and they actually made the Armiger somewhat useful, and even gave it a sick Bloodborne archetype!

>t. Jason Bhulman

Did DHB ever talk more about his Relic User system?

Got the starting map of "Burned Offering" of the "Rise of the Runelords" Anniversary running.

It was a blast :
A full blown on bluff sorcerer, a poor as fuck healing hand monk and a ranger. They roleplayed quite nicely, even if the monk and the ranger always had problems roleplaying.

I find Pathfinder being a comfy game as a DM, and I'm trying to make a "lite version" to introduce non-experienced player to it.

How was your last game like, /pfg/ ?

honestly its pretty crazy how many people have subsystem shit on /pfg/ they've worked on but never done more with

>pathfinder lite

have you heard of this game called 'fifth edition'

I like that it's pretty much setting neutral. While the original three PoW classes were pretty setting-lite (+medic), the other four are a bit weird fluffwise.

SoP is WAY easier to integrate as well, and actually has templates and example monsters

Yes I did, but I don't have any ressources nor the time to find a pdf and translate it into a usable read.
I'll try to find a rule book, but when I was talking about a "lite version", it was more in the vein of the "Beginner Box : Players handbook" type of "lite".

Yeah dude imagine if there was a 5e srd and a 5e thread

I know, but the major problem is to get it and translate it in a usable mess for non-english speaker that serves as my players.

Okay, I wanna talk about the Scholar and Technician.

I honestly don't like them much. Sure, hey have a lot of utility and use to them, but for some reason the traits and such rub me wrong. Scholar feels like its trying to do too many things at once and tends to step on the Wizard's and Alchemist's shoes, while Technician's electricity and laser stuff just feels kinda wierd fluffwise.

Anyone else have an opinion on them? Becuase honestly I'm not completely sure how I feel about them.
and by anyone, I mean anyone who isn't 2hu

it would be easier than pathfinder

hell i bet it was ublished in his language

I'm not big on the scholar, but the technician is super cool to me. It's got silly versatility, can do basically whatever you want, and while its fluff doesn't fit everything, it's still pretty damn awesome.

I now, but personally I would rather instead play a Vauntguard over a Technician.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/image/KD4O3WiMFwmmwTXxo0AKwQ/

Jolly please get back to work unfucking the Darkness archetype.

Actually doing that as we speak along with other stuff on the doc.

Gotta say, been in a bit of a slump recently, so this SoM errata work has been really nice.

I really like those boobs.

Can someone explain why someone thought all day free teleport without LOE was a good idea for avowed?

By the time you get it, Dimensional Lock and other anti-teleport countermeasures are kind of expected to be carried around. Same as how Flight as early as 6th level is fine; by that point, your foes better have had countermeasures (even just a longbow-focused fighter) or else they're just incompetent.

>Technician's electricity and laser stuff just feels kinda wierd fluffwise.
>his fantasy worlds don't have eletricity and lasers already.
I mean people on Golarion canonically can make achemical lightning and engines. So it's not that huge of a stretch. And since no one else can use their shit, it's not like stuff is really breaking.

I mean shit. You just posted characters from a fantasy world with pretty advanced technology.

And yet you hate the Alchemist.

Unless you have a full action after the teleport and it travels hundreds of miles, it's actually not incredibly powerful, just very useful.

It was published in my language, but fuck, I can't find the pdf. So yeah, I'm stuck with what I got.

Better than doing a freaking homebrew system based of Dark Heresy for more than 6 month.

Tell me what heathen tongue you kiss your mother with, and I'll see what I can do.

The one you use to french kiss frogs and heathen.

I found one, but making them read more than 30 pages will be hard, I won't promise that the group will blew itself up as "TLDR, want to roll."

They are too big user.

The alchemist is poorly designed is why.

The alchemist is legitimately the best designed class in the game.

Alchemist could've used the ability to qualify for crafting feats such as Craft Wondrous Items without Master Craftsman

Magic Item crafting is cancerous for the most part anyway.

If you can't reach an agreement with your GM on alchemists being able to craft thematically appropriate wondrous items then you either have a bad gm or there is no comunication between you two

Why do you assume the person who wrote the fucking book on the alchemist hates them?

Today i let one of my players known that i'm almost done with his adventure and to get ready for fun!
Another one mailed me his pc's backstory so now i can finally start writing something appropriate for him!

Where is Spheres of Might? I'm not seeing it in the Trove.

Still getting scrubbed I imagine

Things just went from hype to utterly demolished.
Do any of you guys here have plans for the weekend? Any adventures you'd like to tell of?

Hopefully will be able to play Sunday evening.

Reminder that DHB has leaked he's running a game soon. Who is ready for a new app circus! He told me it might be from his goblinoid theme'd 3pp AP Engines of War

I'm playing in a Starfinder game tonight, running a Pathfinder game tomorrow around 6, then playing in another Pathfinder game at around 11, if it doesn't get cancelled like it has for the past few weeks. I'd tell of adventures, but they aren't /pfg/ games, so nobody would be interested.

>Mailed
what sort of old timey game are you running?

>but they aren't /pfg/ games, so nobody would be interested.
But /pfg/ hates /pfg/ games. People would probably be more interested if you told of your adventures.

I'm currently running a game where the party is the equivalent of the magic FBI. Last session they fought a giant half-fiend who was reborn out of a cult they busted a few sessions before.

Fuck off StarToad.

>tfw 25 years old
>measured dick is only 5.1 to 5.5 inches

Should I kill myself?

kys StarToad

What you should do is fuck off from this thread.

I dunno, I like hearing about other people's games, but /pfg/ doesn't seem all that interested unless they're /pfg/ games or celebs are involved. It's understandable, since they weren't really involved in the game concept or the characters.

That's literally average.

You honestly shouldn't fret over dick size unless you're sub 3 inches.

Alright, now for the important question!

Path of War
or
Spheres of Might

Pick one and only one

>If you really, really wanted to mix the two products, you could be an inquisitor (warpath follower) with both a Path of War martial tradition and a Spheres of Might martial tradition. Then you could cash in some of your feats for an adept progression and wield both initiating and passive spheremight talents.
Will this be the ultimate 2hu meme build?

TAR-KUS, TAR-KUS, TAR-KUS, TAR-KUS!

Path of War.

Spheres of Might, wayyyyyy easier to fluff and it looks like it plays nicer with other subsystems.

PoW

Path of War

How the fuck is Path of War hard to fluff.

You don't think you're actually fucking bound to the disciplines default fluff do you?

Why? because it isn't the new one? All PoW does is inflate damage and occasionally give movements. Really, the only good thing it has going for it is Stances and Counters

Spheres of Might does the same shit while being harder to use, having less interesting classes, and less variety in what you can do or at least not even bothering with the illusion of variety.

Because Spheres of Might literally just came out and nobody's had time to actually see if they like it now that it's out, dumbass.

Path of War is pretty easy to fluff... but there are some issues. The first three PoW classes + Medic are pretty easy to fluff, yknow, but the others (Rajah, Mystic, Harbinger, Zealot) are guilty of having fluff that /might not/ fit all settings. All the spheres are piss easy to fluff (they have /none/ inherently) and the classes are all mostly in the same league as the Stalker/Warder/Warlord in terms of fluff/setting-neutrality.

I'll also say that SoM has actual /guidelines/ that dictate what to do with monsters and mobs, which puts it above PoW in my book

>are guilty of having fluff that /might not/ fit all settings.
That's true of literally every primarily super natural class in the game though. First or third party.

Because, for all it's fault, PoW is FUN to play with. Every time I try to look at SoM's bland, flavorless options I fall asleep at my keyboard.

>flavorless
The weakest bait imaginable. Scale foe, menacing belch, dragoon dive, capoeira spin, Anything In Wrestling, etc.

I hate SoM too, but the strength of the Sphere's System is that it's relatively fluff agnostic. If anything I think SoM as is is TOO fluffy and makes too many assumptions when compared to how versatile and generic Sphere Options were.

And flavor text has next to nothing to do with how fun a mechanic is.

pastebin.com/CHiUT9uj

>being harder to use,
nigga what? Its literally just pick what you want when you get the chance to. Its as brain-dead simple as SoP, which is infinately easier to use than anything Vancian derived, like PoW
>having less interesting classes
And the original PoW 3 were even more boring. At least SoM has cool shit like Striker, Scholar, and Technician. And Sentinal is basically Warder except with less complicated bullshit
> less variety in what you can do
It has a shit load more non-combat versatility than PoW, and actually gives you options that can be mixed around. The only thing it doesn't cover is magical options like hadoukens and *teleports behind you* that PoW has, and even then its still is better at giving unique support to more plastyles like Companion Tagteams, Drunken fighting, Improvised Weapons, Trap usage, Alchemical weapons, Poison use, Parkour/enemy climbing, Water combat, combat stealing, stealth, and actual sniping! Meanwhile most all PoW does is let you make your numbers bigger or move more often by spamming Boost+Strike/Full Attack, and occasionaly using a counter when an enemy wins initiative.

Have you tried playing Guild Wars 2 instead? Plus to me MAnuevers are boring because its always the same "use my normal Boost/Strike combo, then regain if they are somehow still alive"

Plus, at least SoM actually gives you some utility rather than just making you into Big Number generators. PoW is the DBZ of martial systems, cool for spectacle but ultimately lacking in any meaningful substance, because all you end up doing is just making your numbers bigger and try to out DPS your enemy.

Kill yourself Adam.

What do you do when you feel like everyone you know from games barely put up with you and you can feel your happy demeanor slowly cracking away because you realize that nobody will ever like you for who you are and so you have to put on the facade of a cynical, contrarian pile of shit? I just want to play Pathfinder, not worry about whether my group tolerates me or not, but I still feel it seeping in every single time before, during, and after a session.

>put on the facade of a cynical, contrarian pile of shit
Wait if this is your facade why don't you just drop it and be yourself?
Being cynical and contrarian makes people not want to deal with you, why don't you just stop acting that way if it's a facade?

But I can't let go of WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN!!!

Are Eidolons really so powerful that it justifies having so few spells slots and skills for the Summoner? I feel like I'm having trouble putting together what my actual character is supposed to do. Skills especially seem bad given that your main stat is charisma but you don't get any charisma skills outside of like UMD.

Scholar and Technician are weak as shit though. Warders aren't complicated. PoW isn't Vancian derived beyond Maneuver Levels going from 1-9.

Oh come on, I just spent the last hour trying to get Discord to work and ended up cancelling my Friday game for the week. I hate the whole pastebin-posting anyway. Please don't make today more annoying by claiming it's me.

Please kill yourself and stop spamming the thread with RotJR's character discussion. No one cares

I'm going to blame it on every namefag mentioned in this thread until it stops.

Nice try, Adam. We won't be fooled by the double fakeout twice!

What I'm saying is that I'm a happy person, but this mood's started fading and it's started affecting me so much that it makes me become and act like a douche when I'm really not all because of my paranoia that everything is put on, my 'friends' and 'group' hate both me and my characters. I want to go back to being happy again so that I can play Pathfinder with my friends, but it just seems impossible.

Be content to play. I hate about half the people in my group, but it's a good game.

I can corroborate his story, if it doesn't throw more grease onto the fire.

Whatever you say, Adam.

You sound depressed.

Hi I'm Adam and I suck cocks.

>Adams Adaming Adams
How far does it go?

Adam is really just an alter ego of Captain slow

Talk to your doctor.

What's the last monster you've seen kill a PC?

Seriously? I come here to read about pathfinder, not watch a bunch of monkeys jerk each other off over third party garbage.

No one's interested in /pfg/ games except a few weirdos who jack off to them.