Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What mundane job did your character hold before they became adventurers?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Xtexpf8E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He was a hunter. Mostly just enough to keep his family fed.

Career soldier is my favorite. Other than that I've done academics, particularly linguists, as a previous profession.

I'm a fan of the soldier too.

Professional bum

What about the soldier path do you find so appealing?

One of the main things is discipline, professionalism, and general heir of competence. Career soldiers are great at a few things, staying alive and scrounging being chief among them.

Can someone post me DHB's complete WotR party? I'm thinking about using them as an opposing party in a campaign of mine.

Did you think I was done?

Thou churlish crook-pated whey-face!

Friendly reminder that Wist jumped ship with cabals.

Thou misbegotten rampallian hedge-pig!

If'st thou shalt not leave this place, thou wilst be slain forthwith!

Thou warped tickle-brained whey-face!

Truly thou art damned, like an ill-roasted egg, all on one side.

So much for shit-talking people who don't normally get shit-talked.

Verily I shall smite thee for the salvation of this thread and its people!

You are a shallow cowardly hind, and you lie.

I don't believe you

You shall stifle in your own report, and smell of calumny.

Thou artless toad-spotted popinjay!

Reminder: Adam thinks you're all idiots

Enough bravado! Have at thee! For QANON and Thread!

An embedded journalist who is slowly deteriorating into a life of debauchery and degeneracy after his girlfriend passed away and watching a good friend die in front of him twice.

Thou weedy dread-bolted vassal!

Adam is a good person.

This is a lie.

Thou spongy clapper-clawed flax-wench!

Fuck off, Adam.

dayman, AAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA

>What mundane job did your character hold before they became adventurers?

He was a craftsman - painting was his passion, but the real money maker was clothing.

>

I approve the laughter, false version, even if it's not from me.

He's right though.

Make me
pastebin.com/Xtexpf8E

Is he wrong?

I'd make you but right now it feels like crashing this thread feels more my speed.

This is Adam, please stop. I don't want to be made into a meme through falsehoods.

Too late, fag. Your characters are shit and your logs are Rory-tier

THIS IS AUTISM

Thou paunchy knotty-pated blind-worm!

Thou dissembling fly-bitten scut!

hi rory

oh hi rory

Thou puking hell-hated horn-beast!

Thou artless fat-kidneyed minnow!

Defend thyself or perish! I have already severed thine treacherous hand. I pray I might sever thine knavish tongue next!

Thou bootless common-kissing pumpion!

Thou wilt be as valiant as the wrathful dove, or most magnanimous mouse.

oh hai rory

Oof ouch owie my Rory-banning juice

How do you make brawler interesting in this day and age?

I'm not Adam.

Adam is Adam.

Thou lumpish rump-fed hugger-mugger!

And Adam is a shit

Have it crush in your face.

My Oracle was a librarian before heading out to seek lichdom before her prophesized death.
My Alchemist was a fleshwarping doctorate from Nex before deciding to pursue bodilynperfection and immortality.
My Warpriest was a factory worker before deciding to pursue his dream of making big things.

I think I have a problem for making all my characters have grand dreams.

Adam is a meme troll and can fuck right off.

Guys? All I remember is the mammoth rider.

>Half-Elf Magus
For a short time, he served as temporary Steward for his noble mother, so he spent a lot of time keeping track of income and expenses accrued by the household.

>Hobgoblin Orc-Bloodline Sorcerer
Before adventuring, he was assigned to a raiding troop in his tribe/unit. He's much more happy adventuring.

How much does the game come to a grinding halt when you put an Antimagic Field up on a high level party with loads of items and (Su) abilities?

Everyone's fucked. Even the martials.

>How much does the game come to a grinding halt when you put an Antimagic Field up on a high level party with loads of items and (Su) abilities?

As fucked as this thread when Night Falls.

I did not post it, I did nawt!

I approve the usage of my name invoked for fucking over morons.

You're tearing me apart, Rory!

>tfw a lot of SoM makes martials able to do things despite AMFs

Playing Pathfinder for the first time tomorrow. I wanna be a rogue. What Race should I choose. Im thinking Drow, but does that limit me?

that's funny because AMF takes away their magic items, which is the whole problem, not loss of Sus

Only you want to be merciless teased then killed by commoners.

wdym

So is the turbo-tism venting thread going to be weekly now?

Since you asked, firstly anyone that plays drow of ANY kind automatically sees themselves like Driz'zt Do'urden, the iconic drow that's not evil.

Secondly, commoners aren't exactly friendly towards races that historically enslave them and/or are used as tales to frighten kids.

It will be until the chans die or I fall asleep. Considering I've had 20 cups of coffee...

Humans are statistically the best race.

As for Drow, the penalty to Con hurts, especially for martial builds. So instead you wanna focus on Cha based casters like Sorcerer or Oracle, or possibly an archer build to benefit your Dex bonus. Archer Bards are an excellent choice. Avoid any melee oriented builds

im not trolling
I could wear a disguise to hide my true race, hence rogue

>anyone who plays drow of any kind automatically self-inserts as Drizzz'zzt'z Durden

So the guy in my old group who made a CE drow sorceress just about every game with the sole intent of burning down the third town we visited in each story arc was picturing his character as the drow-autist who dual wields scimitars?

Here I thought he was just an asshole.

Hobgoblin is the superior race for rogues.

Sure...like you could disguise Lebron James as tall white dude... Just saying, the chances of people seeing you as a drow, and thus a monster, MUCH higher than if you just went half elf or human as another poster suggested.

Im not dead set on Drow, but I am on Rogue, so what would u suggest for that, besides halfling.

I don't really drift to one career choice as opposed to choosing what would best compliment my character's background and skill sets before being an adventurer unless adventurer was the first choice.

my favorite is my pseudo-immortal magus who is 978 years old. so far jobs have been: queen, king, court mage, professional poker player, librarian, chronicler, bard, spy, blacksmith, brothel madam, award winning barmaid, Viking warrior, tailor, acadamy instructor specializing in defense against arcaneborne shenanegans, goblin hunter, queen of goblins, and farmhand. those being what everyone is aware of.

a long-standing bit of humor is the ever growing resume due to some 600ish years of backstory I intentionally left blank for "open to suggestion" between me and the DM

That happens too. Also don't use the word autist. It's not only redundant it's pretty inept use of a word that doesn't exist. Moron.

He's not the only one.

This is literally the guy that runs a shitty fetish game trying to claim some kind of intellectual superiority.

Well there's human, ratfolk, fetchling, tielfling and possibly dwarf.

Play a catfolk.

SwimmingEagle also allowed RORY and LOGS to occur.

He's a shit

>It took him 3 hours to put together this photoshop
Try harder, Adam. You're still the one we hate.

I'm pretty sure I rank much higher than Adam on people the chan would love to see die horribly...but then again I want the same for almost all of you.

Not even a blip on the radar, I'm afraid.

Redundant would be repeating that z-heavy name twice in one post. At least I'm not the one sat around on /pfg/ trying to start shit.

Are you bored, nightfall? Do you not have any games to play in?

Wist jumped ship and is now playing with 2hu.

Actually Drow in Pathfinder are such a rarity that most people who aren't Elves just assume they're a weird looking Elf as opposed to any kind of monster.

If you meet an Elf though the chances they'd know what you are increases exponentially and you may be in danger of them trying to erase you.

none of those are really appealing to me

why is drow frowned upon but furshit isnt?

>their pathetic attempts at rabble rousing

Wow that's pretty rich coming from the guy whose shitposting created an 800+ thread full of vitriol aimed at his supposed friends

Is absolutely everyone in that discord a piece of trash or what?

I hate to break it to you, user, but those messages in the screenshot are even older than you think.

I guess I'll have to try harder then.

I start shit but I keep trying to finish it of. Plus the fact I'm barely bored. Just though someone with a BRAIN was asking a question. Something you morons wouldn't know a damn thing about.

Just more confirmation that 2hu is a shit, so shitty that Wist would like to slobber on their optimal corn-cob knob

Well that's all I got.

That might be true in Pathfinder back in 2008 but 2017, drow are starting become more well known. See the Lantern Bearers for that.

Play a hobgoblin.

+2 Dex/Con, plus the pseudo-honor socializing that soldier-types take.

Could even go for the Robin Hood angle!

Nothing valuable. Since SoM talents for the most part are feats by another name.

what about elf or half elf rogue?

I wouldn't for elf since they take a Con penalty. But if you want to go with half-elf sure.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you haven't read every sphere and talent and, thus, cannot possibly make that argument out of anything but conjecture.

Shit, dude, asynchronous swing alone is fantastic to see.