hey, stat me, please.

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

fuck you this is -10 hp territory

now get on back home boyyyyyh

types: Gothic & Partner
powers: punishment (you never need to roll to punish someone under you for a mistake) & bonds of the heart (you can give people sensible advice which gives them a +2 bonus)
qualities: Knight talk & Furrowed Brows
roots: Loyalty
stats:
athletics 4
affection 2
cunning 1
skill 4
luck 0
will 10

Alignment: Lawful Good

>athletics 4
This doesn't make any sense. He was born a Noble. Shouldn't this be higher?
>affection 2
Understandable. Unless your name is Shireen
>cunning 1
Stannis is Actually Quite Cunning. Moreso than most expect.
>skill 4
The man has more skill than this.
>luck 0
He has Average Luck.
>will 10
Maximum.

A traitor and a usurper

>supporting Joffrey
lmao

Are you besmirching the Lannister Name?

>Alignment: Always neutral

No, always Lawful. He is lawful personified. By the books he is similar to a Paladin, the law is there, the law is just and it must be followed.

In the show, he's just a fucking mess.

He is the True King, in light of his brother Robert dying without a true heir the Crown rightly passes to his brother, Stannis. The Iron Throne needs an Iron Will to tame it, the Iron King will do so.

It'd be hard for me to do so. It's already been tracked through so much mud.

>You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Veeky Forums posting monster stats. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic owlbearfag NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "FULL ATTACK: 2 CLAWS +9 MELEE (1D6+5) AND BITE +4 MELEE (1D8+2)."

>No, always Lawful. He is lawful personified.
so you're saying... he's not an owlbear? quick, someone call gurm!

athletics caps at 6 for his character type, 4 seemed fair given that there are plenty of people in GoT stronger than him

I probably could have made cunning higher, but he's not especially manipulative so I wasn't sure

skill is specifically your skill at doing housework, cooking, cleaning, etc

he has kind of crap luck

will caps at 12, I thought giving him max would be a little too much

Stannis seems to be driven by a sense of duty, of justice. Everywhere in the books we are reminded of Stannis’s unyielding persona, his inflexibility. That he will break before he bends. That law, justice, fealty are paramount.

This is true in some ways and a complete falsehood in others. In truth, Stannis is much more complex.

A simplistic understanding of the concepts of duty and justice fail to encapsulate Stannis’s complexity, both personally and in the execution of his responsibilities as a king.

Stannis holds to the belief that without sovereignty, justice and duty are impossible.

Therefore pursuit of sovereignty takes precedence over the application of fair justice and honor.

However, Stannis must almost always present the appearance of fair justice, honor, and duty; an important element of safely held kingship.

This dogmatic public persona has both diplomatic and military significance.

>he's not especially manipulative so I wasn't sure
Showfag spotted

>Stannis holds to the belief that without sovereignty, justice and duty are impossible.
>Therefore pursuit of sovereignty takes precedence over the application of fair justice and honor.

What? You have arbitrarily separated two concepts that have no need to be separated. He has a strong, perhaps the strongest, belief in the rule of law, that is the law must be followed for without it society fails, we have some evidence of this during the reign of the Mad King. His pursuit of sovereignty is a byproduct of this, not a precursor or justification for him pursing it. The law states the Crown passes to him, he pursues it as it is the law, if the Throne passed legally to another, I daresay he would declare for them.

The Fairweather Southron Lords

Stannis had no problem taking Renly’s armies and using them to further his claim, despite the fact that they were previously allied with a usurper. Not just any usurper, but a usurper who didn’t even have a legitimate claim or even valid pretext. By any king’s laws, they were guilty of treason and could have been executed for it. But Stannis cares little about that:

He glanced behind at Lord Florent and the others, rainbow knights and turncloaks, who were following at a distance. “These pardoned lords would do well to reflect on that. Good men and true will fight for Joffrey, wrongly believing him the true king. A Northman might even say the same of Robb Stark. But these lords who flocked to my brother’s banners knew him for a usurper. They turned their backs on their rightful king for no better reason than dreams of power and glory, and I have marked them for what they are. Pardoned them, yes. Forgiven. But not forgotten.”
— DAVOS II, A CLASH OF KINGS

“One day I may make you a lord, smuggler. If only to irk Celtigar and Florent. You will not thank me, though. It will mean you must suffer through these councils, and feign interest in the braying of mules.”

“Why do you have them, if they serve no purpose?”

“The mules love the sound of their own braying, why else? And I need them to haul my cart. Oh, to be sure, once in a great while some useful notion is put forth. But not today, I think—ah, here’s your son with our water.”
— DAVOS II, A CLASH OF KINGS
So you see, he’s willing to forgive one of the highest crimes a person could commit because he could make use of them in his bid to conquer King’s Landing.

>Pardoned them, yes. Forgiven. But not forgotten.”

Pardoning is the Kings prerogative, it is not breaking of a law nor a crime to do so. Calling it 'By any King's law' is false entirely, by any King's law they may be pardoned and allowed to serve as has precedent in the history of Westeros and of the cultures it is based off.

Serving your sworn lord is not a crime, a greater crime may well of been to refuse as those Knights were sworn to Highgarden, which joined with Renly upon their marriage.

And as you know, Davos was a smuggler and was punished harshly for it, but by the same token he was rewarded for braving the siege to supply his Lord with much needed supplies. His continued loyal and worthy service is what commends him towards a Lord's title. As he says, a good deed does not erase a bad one.

Here are the relevant passages:

“Karstark could never have hoped to keep his treachery a secret if he shared his plans with every baseborn manjack in his service. Some drunken spearman would have let it slip one night whilst laying with a whore. They did not need to know. They are Karhold men. When the moment came they would have obeyed their lords, as they had done all their lives.”
— THEON I, THE WINDS OF WINTER

Ser Justin bowed his head. “I understand.”

That only seemed to irritate the king. “Your understanding is not required. Only your obedience. Be on your way, ser.”

“So Crowfood set his boys to digging pits outside the castle gates, then blew his horn to lure Lord Bolton out. Instead he got the Freys. The snow had covered up the pits, so they rode right into them. Aenys broke his neck, I heard, but Ser Hosteen only lost a horse, more’s the pity. He will be angry now.”

Strangely, Stannis smiled. “Angry foes do not concern me. Anger makes men stupid, and Hosteen Frey was stupid to begin with, if half of what I have heard of him is true. Let him come.”
Not only do these similarities support the proposed notion that Stannis keeps secrets from even his closest companions and advisers, but it is also strikingly congruent with the prevailing motif of kingly plots cloaked behind puzzling smiles.

Would he make a good King|?

I dunno, what are his Evil Ring policies?

Stannis would use the Ring to fight off the evil and corruption in Westeros, and eventually it would consume him, but only because he has no other weapons with which to wage his just war.

Melisandre and R'hlorr is proof of that.

Tvfag!