Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1803: Slipknot Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

>Best race / class combination for Jason-waifu as an Overlord NPC?
>HARDMODE: No undead or constructs

Asking again for ideas sake

How about you don't use the Overlord jump, because it's a bunch of trash OC, made by SB, and power wanking garbage?

Is the maker of the Kekkai Sensen jump still here?

Well considering that Jason is a zombie. A zombie would be ideal. However just regular human would be a choice. Its nothing flashy, but I don't imagine Jason being anything other than human or undead or construct.

Where's the power wank? The setting itself is pretty wanky. Newest Volume literally has Ainz & Demi playing with the Holy Roble Kingdom in a weird play. Complete with Ainz reading off a script.

Only thing OC about it would probably the the OC World Items.

Jump 1: Majikoi
Kawakami Temple
Scaled the Wall
Pulling Powers Out of Her Ass
Other purchases don't matter.

Spend the jump using PPOoHA to increase your learning speed for Skyrim style Enchanting magic.

Jump 2: Skyrim
Altmer
The Mage
Master of the Arcane(Enchanting)
Aetherial Crown
Other purchases don't matter.

Attune Aetherial Crown to The Lover. Learn as much Enchanting as possible, until you are the equivalent of Enchanting skill 100 with the Enchanter rank 5 and Insightful Enchanter perks. Enchant a circlet, neck, robe, and ring of -25% magicka cost to Alterations spells.

Use PPOoHA to create and cast this spell: "The next spell you cast counts as an Alteration spell, and receives all the benefits and drawbacks thereof."

Use PPOoHA to create and cast this spell: "The caster of this spell becomes permanently omnipotent."

Jump 3: any end jump
Instantly achieve the jump's victory condition using your omnipotence.

Because Majikoi is a very lighthearted setting where nobody gets killed, it is safe for a first jump and leaves you strong enough to easily survive in Skyrim. The only reasons to deviate from this pattern if you are choosing your jumps in character are:

1) You believe you don't have the potential to achieve that level of skill in Enchanting and need to add in a jump with a soft cap perk.

2) You believe you won't be able to learn that much Enchanting in 10 years. In Majikoi, take +400 CP of drawbacks and Only Human. Develop a chi technique with a duration of 20 years which stacks with itself linearly and increases the rate you learn Skyrim Enchanting and keep activating it constantly. Then take jumps with learning boosters until you are confident you can gain the needed level of skill.

Did tonight's episode of Hellsing Abridged effect your time there in any way?

Proud Seras is adorable.

If that's how you think ES magic works, couldn't you just make a spell that does it and do it all in one jump?

You're using that perk wrong if you don't use it to develop a technique that lets you literally jam your arm up someone's butt and rip out their powers.

Nothing has surpassed the quality of Ep 2 and I am still getting more dissapointed each year

I can create a set of equipment that lets me cast a school of spells for free. But without PPOoHA there's nothing in either the mechanics or lore of any Elder Scrolls game to suggest that I could cast a spell to make myself omnipotent.

You don't do that by casting a spell, you do it by achieving Amaranth, which basically turns you into a new Azathoth.

Really? Because spell making seems pretty free form. Why couldn't you use that to make it?

Because PPOoHA allows you to do literally anything you can think of, beyond even the limits of whatever you're using. Obviously TES magic doesn't innately go beyond its own limits.

I now want the nail just so that I can talk to god and troll everyone else by talking to god. The whole voice over when Anderson nailed himself was awesome.

No, that's not answering the question. Why couldn't TES magic design something like that? You've already shown yourself willing to use game mechanics instead of lore, so you can't really say "It doesn't fit the lore". Why can't the freeform spell making make something like that, provided you have enough energy?

You're assuming that Enchanting in-setting works exactly as it does in game mechanics and that it's even possible to achieve 100% magicka reduction without them.

Jump 3: Fate/Stay Night
Purchases don't matter.
Oops. Got stabbed by Rule Breaker.
Better start a new chain without being a sniveling little shit.

I absolutely adored the small touch of Alucard's eyes being blue rather than red when he was speaking with god.

>Rule Breaker
Wut? Why do you think that would be relevant?

We have no idea how powerful someone who achieves Amaranth is. IIRC, the current godhead has to go through the whole process of creating a universe and hoping someone inside achieves Amaranth, and so it doesn't seem to be omnipotent.

If creating a spell to achieve omnipotence were possible, why hasn't anyone else done it? The reasonable interpretation is that a system of magic doesn't get much stronger than it's feats in its own shows/games/etc. Thus TES magic can't create omnipotence, because it never approaches that effect in any canon feat.

I see to reason to assume it wouldn't work the way it does in the game. Nothing in the lore breaks by allowing the best enchanter in the world to spam a single school of spells infinitely.

How do you stab someone who is omnipotent and perfectly avoids and resists all attacks and who is immune to all powers?

Is it just me or does Dracula sound exactly like Fyodor Karamazov?

>and so it doesn't seem to be omnipotent.
It's Omnipotent within its dream, but since it is a dream, it operates on Azathoth rules. That is, all its power is useless because to maintain that power it must remain unconscious and unaware.

...huh. He kind of does.

Why hasn't anyone taken over the world by using their 0 cost cheat to make bullshit strong spells that they never have to actually pay the cost for? If you say free costs is okay with lore, why isn't the things you can use that free cost magic for also true?

Where are all the guys who've got stats thousands or millions of times anyone else in setting, with all magical effects enchanted on them for durations of years and years?

Can you point to an actual case of someone making magic that doesn't cost anything or are you just deciding what's reasonable so you can get salty at Majikoi again?

1.) Tenchi Muyo
2.) Rurouni Kenshin
3.) Katanagatari
4.) Mushoku Tensei
5.) Fate Zero

What should I replace Rurouni Kenshin with?

Girl-chan.

Looks like Hellboy beat out The Mummy Trilogy 11-8. Everyone okay with me putting Friday the 13th up on the Drive?

Sims 3.

If you're the same user from last thread, Heathers The Musical. It has some social perks if you're looking for those and it's not really a fighty setting.

Although you have to go to high school again.

Or Kakegurui! That's always good.

The answer to both is: Rule Breaker is designed to negate magic like your omnipotence spell.
As for how they'd hit you with it? Pretty simple really - You're omnipotent, so you don't bother dodging an obviously failed attack. You don't know you're screwed, because you don't have omniscience.

>sniveling little shit

Because there's a limit as to how strong you can make a spell, dependent on how skilled you are. Yes, someone could exist who is capable of casting a universe sized fireball spell for 0 magicka, but that hypothetical person isn't skilled enough in Destruction magic to invent that spell or to cast it even though he can afford the cost of it.

The player character in Skyrim. If the idea of using the game to measure the strength of items that aren't mentioned in lore is so objectionable, you can always ask CCDT for a ruling the next time he's on.

Just a question for Val concerning Sekai Oni perks The Light and World Jumper.
World Jumper gives a World Devil form to any of your forms, at the cost of getting more and more bloodlusted.
Would The Light allow me to power the form with Justice and lose the bloodlust drawback tied to World Devils?
Or is rising bloodlust just a trait World Devils have and cant be lost?

Kakegurui.

Just be a god, Ruler Breaker can't affect the Divine or break NPs at it's canon rank.

Yah. Do your companions get backgrounds in Friday the 13th?

But I can just stack my skill by boosting it with enchantments that don't cost me anything.

Yes.

That would work if the spell was a sustained magical effect, which it's not. Or if Rule Breaker can scale infinitely, which it can't. You're just making the people arguing against this guy look bad, what with your retarded arguments and blatant Fate-wanking.

I left it unstated that I'd obviously use my omnipotence to render myself utterly invincible by giving myself omnipotence, pre-emptively setting myself to dodge every attack, making myself immune to anything that would harm or diminish me in any way without my consent, etc.

Also, read the spell text. The spell is instant duration and makes the caster permanently omnipotent. It isn't a spell that makes me omnipotent as long as it lasts.

Oh, yes, recursive enchanting/alchemy to infinitely boost your stats is something that obviously violates the lore. But I don't need any of that, just the standard mastered enchanting.

At this rate my chain will consist entirely of Val jumps within a month.

Hey Val in the Are You My Servant? Drawback is Tokiomi taking the place of Gilgamesh

Golden army purchase?

So you don't actually have any lore examples. As expected.

How powerful is the telekinesis from the Psychic power in Kingdom Come?

Sure, why not.

Sure, why not.

Why the fuck is this stale as fuck bait being brought back and why are people indulging in it?

How do you know the telekinesis spell really exists in TES, just because it was in Oblivion and Skyrim? Do you have any lore examples of someone casting telekinesis?

Because it's no longer bait. It's possible now.

>Getting a Load of This Guy Continues
But no, seriously, do you know what omnipotence means. It means you're all powerful, even, no, ESPECIALLY if it doesn't make sense. I get what you're trying to say, but it really doesn't apply in this situation.

Smugness aside, I really do see what you're trying to do, and if user had just said "super strong", I'd say you could pull it off, but omnipotent is omnipotent is omnipotent.

Don't have an answer huh?

Maybe. There will definitely be something for them though.

It's been possible ever since Smite jump came out with the exact same effect 3 years ago you daft cunt.

Valeria provided a buffed version through a capstone boost, which expanded its effect to any system of powers with a cost. That in turn allows you to easily achieve omnipotence with a short and danger free series of jumps.

Clearly internal combustion engines wouldn't work in Ancient Greece, otherwise someone would have thought to use them. If they could, why aren't there any examples of automobiles in that era?

Shit, that's one more 'is omnipotent' then there was meant to be.

I have some question for Valeria about W40K: Tyranids-

How would being an Alpha level psyker prior to entering the jump affect "The Soul Devourer" and "The Tyrant" ?

How would adding "Zoanthropy" to that mix affect the result?

With "The Tyrant" we get a free Bonesword- does this mean that we still need to pay the initial fee of 200TP for the first Bonesword, or do we only pay the reduced fee since we start with one already?

How tough will a Tyrant be with the 200TP Armor biomorph?

What kinds of speed will we get from a mix of "Scything Talons" and "Snake Form" if we're a Tyrant?

Which biomorph has the most versatility- Heavy Venom Cannons or Thorax Swarms?

Don't reply to me you fucking piece of shit.

Stop samefagging you cunt.

>Going back in time 2 seconds kills you.
>There's no indication that you can pour more energy into a spell to negate the drawbacks of casting a spell.

Because that's a lot more complicated than going "Hey why don't I use the fact that I never pay any cost for spells to my advantage with really high cost spells".

It's like you think people are so stupid they can't figure out feet are made for walking.

>Sure, why not
>My dreams of being a crime-fighting-eldritch-kaiju is now a reality
Many thanks Val.

So PPOoHA would also kill you for even thinking of using it for anything.

What's your favourite type of dancing, Jumpers?

Can't you people save your replies for new bait at least?

The new capstone boost allows you to apply the ability to create any effect to any system of powers. The TES magic system does not kill you for spending too much magicka at once, not that it would matter either way because I'm spending 0 magicka on the spell.

Dancing is a sin.

We are. The only one biting the bait is the shitposter samefags.

Ballet.

The new capstone boost doesn't make any difference, you still can't do it, and it would kill you for trying.

Valeria determines what happens in a setting, not you.

YES!

>that image
Hot damn.

Well let's ask. Would using PPOoHA to create a TES spell that would normally cost more Magicka than I have kill me, even if I cast it using TES items that set it's cost to 0?

No. You died in Majikoi the minute you tried to use PPOoHA to make a technique that made you permanently better at something you weren't even capable of yet, and then afterwards when you used it to make a spell that costs nothing and makes you omnipotent.

Why such a tiny head?

He didn't use it in Majikoi, you daft cunt. He cast both of the spells in TES, not once using a non-TES system. Are you just him fals-flagging to make your opponents look like retarded liars?

The spell costs an infinite amount of Magicka. I'm merely using unrelated effects to reduce that cost by 100%.

I suppose you have a point about the learning boost techniques being theoretically dangerous. Best to play it safe and not use those.

It doesn't even matter since you're already wanking the false idea you can nullify the costs of an infinite cost spell to nothing with broken game mechanics. You might as well just wank that you do it using the base system, since you clearly don't actually give a shit about the integrity of the settings you're using for this nonsense.

Except for that dumb God and Satan moment one this was pretty good.

Promise me with your life user, last episode was pure fucking shit

TES was merely the first thing that came to mind. It would be better if maybe Overlord or another series where game mechanics are a literal part of the world had an effect for casting spells for free, but I've never watched any of those.

Goddammit that new episode of Hellsing Abridged was good. Alucard's grand re-entrance was too perfect.

How long did it take you jumpers to find your waifu? It took me nearly a hundred years.

Then it wouldn't kill you no matter you used the Smite thing.

Speaking of helsing
What jumps have vampires, angels, or other magical beings that act on the word of a God.

No, because the Smite perk fiat kills you for expending effort, not energy. It doesn't matter how much power you have, doing something as hard as sending a coin into the past two seconds will always kill you.

The death is a sample drawback for the Smite perk. It's part and parcel of the effect that allows me to cast the omnipotence spell.

Death from PPOoHA was merely floated as a possible drawback for using too much ki at once, something that no longer matters because I'm not using ki any more.

Roughly 60 years, give or take a few. I'm still not sure how many I lost in the Crypt of the Necrodancer. One year my glorious ass, no matter what the Necrodancer taunted me with.

This bullshit limitwank on Arcane to justify specifically using PPOoHA is actually more annoying to me then using it like this in the first place. It's this absurd mental gymnastics and cherry-picking that make it more obvious you're shitposting then anything else.

For the sake of ending this dumb argument, Hah. and also because I'm actually interested in the topic. It actually is possible to become a god in TES using in-universe methods, but all of those methods are heavily dependent on the setting's metaphysics and shouldn't work in other universes unless you fluff your own personal chain meta that they should.

Talos and Vivec achieved CHIM, basically the realization that the universe is a dream, but the exact mechanics behind that are still unclear. Mannimarco became an obscenly powerful lich then used the time disruption caused by the dragon break to become a minor god. And the champion of cyrodil because a Daedric Prince after defeating Jyggalag.

So, if you really wanted to stretch your capabilities, you could maybe possibly become a Daedric Prince in the Skyrim jump by becoming the Dragonborn and doing the equivalent of beating the game 100%. (Mastering both magic and your thu'um, collecting as may artifacts as possible, doing all the "quests", etc.) In order to build up your knowledge and willpower enough to understand CHIM and use it make yourself a Daedra. And the Dragonborn should be able to learn about CHIM since they collect several Elder Scrolls over the course of their adventure and gain access to Apocrypha at the end of the game.

However like I said becoming a Daedra should technically trap you in the TES universe, or make your powers useless in other universes, but there's nothing stopping you from house ruling that little inconvenience away.

Also note that none of the Daedra or Aedra in TES are really omnipotent. The closest being to a capital G god in that setting is the godhead, and I'm not even 100% sure on that since the lore behind it is even more complicated.

If you know it's shitposting, then why are you responding?

Alas, t'was too much to be handled.

Last few moments between Anderson and Alucard were pretty good. Preeeetty good.

Walter is a real dick, though.

That is not a fiat drawback on any magic you use. It's an example. Smite isn't really equivalent to Pulling your Powers out of whatever anyways though. The perk is actually unlimited knowledge. The do anything with magic part is just a side effect.

Oh boy is he ever. Still cute though.

>complaining about OC

You do know its a rather clear tell of who you are now right? Not too mention its a silly as fuck complaint, as no one wants to be your color swapped clones of some other person.