Reminded me of Shadowrun except it's not Neo Sci Fi and no Cyberpunk Aesthetic. What's Veeky Forums's thoughts on this?

Reminded me of Shadowrun except it's not Neo Sci Fi and no Cyberpunk Aesthetic. What's Veeky Forums's thoughts on this?

youtube.com/watch?v=QOl4ygrkZT4

Looks like End of Watch, but with magic and magical creatures. So I'll watch it.

This looks more like that setting for d20 Modern, Urban Arcana. Only, you know. Good.

Hey this looks not bad! $20 says the wand is a monkey's paw tho

How so?

They mean it'll do whatever you want, but with a twist that ruins the result.

I really want this to do well so that a Shadowrun movie will be made. Staring
Ron Pearlman as an aging troll turning to cyber to keep his edge
Vin Diesel as an Ancients ganger with katana & a bike
Michelle Rodriguez as Pearlman's orc protégé
A big Fast & Furious/Bright/Blade Runner mash up, where the main white guy protagonist (maybe Chris Pratt) makes a deal with a dragon & everything goes wrong, then they all team up to clear their names/whatever. Also Keanu Reeves has a cameo as a retired badass who run's a club/bar & is a Fixer for the group.

Keanu Reeves plays Johnson.
Carrie Fisher also plays Johnson.

It changes from scene to scene. Chris Pratt's character is wondering why everyone treats them like the same character until it's explained (if it's explained without it ruining the pacing of the movie) they are really just the go between for whoever is actually their anonymous employer and it has never mattered who Johnson actually was.

If we get a sequel we not only get a new Johnson, they are also a completely different character in terms of how they act and behave.

>Carrie Fisher
She wouldn't be able to act too well, don't you think?

Emily Deschanel plays the evil corp CEO
Zoey plays a manic-pixie hacker girl who is her rebelous sister
Dwayne Johnson plays Emily's badass bodyguard
The dragon is voiced by James Earl Jones

I have the whole cast & plot up in my head.

>Ron Pearlman as an aging troll turning to cyber to keep his edge
Makes a great ork, too.

>The dragon is voiced by James Earl Jones
Lofwyr's Voice IS James Earl Jones. Dragons don't speak unless in human form, and they don't lower themselves to speaking in human form often or in public.

It looks like it's gonna have a terribly hamfisted moral about racism.

Fairy Lives Don't Matter

100% of the magic is wielded by 1% of the elves. Communist urban fantasy when?

Why do we have to wait until December? This is the same trailer we got a few months ago. It looks done, so why do we have to wait?

Don’t forget troll Rock Johnson

I didn't

No troll role for Hafthor Julius Bjornsson?

A couple of reasons.

Post-production doesn't occur linearly, and priority is given to those sequences that are likely to be used in trailers or other promotional material. So, while it looks done, that's because they're literally only showing you the portions that are.

Then, there's the hype cycle. By posting trailers before the thing is available, you get people talking. Speculation is particularly valuable because people enjoy doing it, sometimes more than they enjoy watching the thing itself. Having the thing available would kill off a decent amount of the early conversation topics, so revealing it beforehand gives you more word-of-mouth advertising and spread.

Third, you have to time your release with the market. There are different times of the year at which people are more or less likely to watch a movie. Awareness of that can make or break a movie's release.

I'm highly reminded of Alien Nation that had ta very similar premise but with aliums.

It seems to me like this movie would do better Halloween time rather then Christmas time.

Seems okay, but it has Will Smith, so it's gonna be a letdown. That guy hasn't made a good movie in like 20 years.

Wait so Humans, Orcs and Elves have coexisted in this films world forever, and magic is a thing yet Human technology has evolved identically to our world?

Aw hells naw, chummer!

Shadowrun with less tech = Shadowjog

Bright Saunter.

Shadowrun is next to get a movie

If you watch the trailer, everyone seems to be after the magic wand. which would indicate magic is really rare occurance and when it happens it is something worth killing for and quote Willis character after that stupid shit starts.

>Also Keanu Reeves has a cameo as a retired badass who runs a club/bar & is a Fixer for the group.

And if Keanu is busy with something else, get Jeff Bridges for the role instead.

>which would indicate magic is really rare occurance
It would indicate that Wish level magic is a rare occurrence, yes.

This desu

This director is an unreliable motherfucker, but he's done a good job with a similar film before so I'm willing to trust it. End of Watch was some good shit.

Fuck off, these movies weren't even good

The first one was good, the second one was silly.

All the books are great though.

Eh. Not with all that BS about magical temperature and the chosen one child

>Carrie Fisher
user...

Love me some Jeff Bridges.
user abides this idea

I know, I know. We're not supposed to talk about how celebrities fake their deaths. No one will believe it anyway.

>TFW I have a friend who wrote a book(books) in a similar vein
>tfw he's a mixture of hype and fucking pissed off that will smith has stolen his thunder

poor dude. Maybe he can catch some back waves. I know he's been working on a script/pitch version

>Sir Sean Connery plays Johnson.
>Samuel L. Jackson also plays Johnson.

Keanu needs to be elf.

Keanu is the phys-ad who wakes up on a morgue slab with amnesia and a bomb in his head like from the vidyagame

Danny Devito as Dwarf fixer.

>What is I Am Legend
>What is In Pursuit of Happyness

See, I always feel like Will Smith is generally the bright spot in the shitty films he gets himself on. I don't know if he has a shit agent, or just isn't busy oscar-hunting and is more interested in getting paid.

So which one is the human?

neither

He is probably like Rutger Hauer that he can't say no to even shittiest movie roles offered to him.

At least he isn't trying to force movies to have his son in them anymore.

It's like some sort of "prequel" Shadowrun

Carrie Anne Moss, sorry this sinus infection is wrecking my brain.

I read an early draft of the script, and the problem is actually it can't be carried too far from its owner.

It’s not very similar. It’s literally Fantasy Nation but without the clever alienation pun so they they can make different fantasy puns in story.

It has Will Smith in it... is he still popular enough to pull in mainstream audiences? Will this be big enough to get people more into modern fantasy?

Having read the script, I’d say it does.

In the script magic is rare (occurring seemingly at random in people called “brights”). In the hands of a normal person, the wand casts at random and backfires. In the hands of a bright, it’s a power amplifier that makes you into a DND wizard.

Well the orcs are a marginalized minority for whom the beginning of hatred for them is their people siding with The Dark Lord a thousand years ago. Will Smith’s cop, deep down, suspects his partner, the first orc cop in the LAPD and referred to as a diversity hire, let an armed robber orc go because they were both orcs.
Not sure.

If you got the Wachowskis to do it, they could make the explanation work.
The scene where Morpheus explains the Matrix to Neo is 10 minutes of pure exposition.

Easy. Have Chris Pratt spend all this time and energy offscreen trying to figure out who Johnson is, coming up with maybe something, and then when new Johnson appears, he freaks out, they explain the setup, then freak out that he didn’t even know that, has he ever even seen a Shadowrun trid, at least they get that right, holy fuck did you spend the entire setup time on nothing

>so that a Shadowrun movie will be made
Even if it does well I doubt it unless an avid Shadowrun player gets picked up to write a script. Just pretend the cops are Lone Star. Might be the closest thing you get.

I'll watch it purely because I love buddy cop movies, but being directed by the Suicide Squad guy is a pretty big red flag for me