twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well, you reposted it for one thing.

>"boob-plate" issue

what issue.

>Games Workshop does consumer analysis
>turns out it'll be 90+% male
>REE intensifies

I have forseen it.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here. Why would you be mad about this? Like, isn't the fact that this upsets you proof that the issue is legitimate?

But making female models wouldn't mean not appealing to you (whatever that means) unless you are specifically interested in a lack of them? Like, they're not gonna un-make the current kits.

>female marines wouldn't make anyone mad, no
The Primaris is bad enough, but female primaris would put a wrecking ball through what's left of the 40k lore. All for duh versity models that wouldn't sell, too.

Just trolls that re-pasting shit from gamer gate and the like.

What about female IG? Just sell a conversion clam pack of female heads. Veeky Forums has wanted plastic sisters forever, that's not new.

> would put a wrecking ball through what's left of the 40k lore
If the fact that space marines are men is literally all of the lore in your eyes I don't see a way to discuss it further so I guess we won't.

> All for duh versity models that wouldn't sell
I know of at least four third party conversion kit makers that sell female heads, so there must be at least some demand.

ah, like homosexuals and the church

>What about female IG?
No purposes, go back tumblr

Because it goes like this user:
>Being upset by it is proof it's legit, after all you're upset by it! That's sexist!
>Not being upset about it is proof it's legit, obviously you're agreeing with us so even you know it's legit
>Not caring either way is proof it's legit because you're apathetic to our cause!
Feminism is a glorious, parasitic kafka trap that makes every demand of whatever it's currently drinking the blood of and gives nothing in return.
You're with us or against is, if you're against us then you're a villain, if you're with us then you'll roll over and let us shit right in your mouth because that's what being an ally means.

The group name is Femenist 40k instead of Tyranid Players 40k.

fpbp

This user gets it.

No purpose? It's... It's straight-up canon my dude. Like, would you be mad if orks had a model for the skorcha vehicle? Because that's canon and not currently represented.

If nobody was upset about it (your second point, I guess?) it wouldn't be an issue at all. The fact that people take issue with the idea IS the issue. Your last point is irrelevant because anyone who is neutral wouldn't care if there WERE female guard/marines/etc

woowie is this comic ever missing the point

Yeah, I was debating on whether it was even worth engaging. Nice to see at least one other person is on the same page.

inb4 (you)

>Feminism is a glorious, parasitic kafka trap that makes every demand of whatever it's currently drinking the blood of and gives nothing in return.
>You're with us or against is, if you're against us then you're a villain, if you're with us then you'll roll over and let us shit right in your mouth because that's what being an ally means.

I'm guessing you're single?

This. Bloody this.

>Female Astartes.

This.

I swear, can't we report those threads? It must be some lonely wanker polluting the board, there's been a surge recently, it's really annoying.

Hey man, times are changing and those churches have to stay in business some how.

>If nobody was upset about it (your second point, I guess?) it wouldn't be an issue at all.
Right so what you're saying is 'If people just let us do whatever we want, there wouldn't be a problem'
Be reasonable. Do things my way.
An entirely justifiable position.

Shit now I need to dig out my arguing with a feminist bingo card.
Then again, shaming people based on their sexual promiscuity levels in a fucking glorious show of how you have no standards or self-awareness is probably the blank space in the middle.

>some feminists complaining about stupid irrelevant shit
There a point to this thread?

I like how she leaves the most controversial bit at the end. Until then, everythinh is reasonable or negotiable.

hide thread and move on. This was discussed to death before and giving them recognition will only make the matters worse.

>There a point to this thread?
Someone's either really board or really mad, given the number of threads like this over the last few days.

This is a great idea for making GW go Marvel's sales. Girlyman is a literal tranny now.

The nature of modern technology and society has created a large group of young, educated, but socially isolated people in the developed world. Even though many of them have well-paying white collar jobs, they all feel vaguely dissatisfied with their lives. They tend to congregate on the internet, where they become prime targets for radicalization. Fringe politics give their otherwise empty and dull lives a sense of purpose. When this phenomenon happens to white men, they often get involved in far right/alt right ideologies, lashing out against feminists and other "social justice" groups.
And that is what went wrong that caused you to spam Veeky Forums with screenshots of what some idiot said like it means anything.

I'm sorry if letting other people be happy with a product makes you unhappy. Should everyone play your favorite faction? Obviously people wanting something aside from what you want makes you sad, and you're clearly the only person who matters. I'm not telling you to do things my way, I'm asking you to let me do things my way. If you can't tell the difference there's something wrong with you.

>bingo card
I really hope you actually argue with girls on the internet enough that you have to play a made up game to feel better about it.

That's kind of an issue with feminists invading new medias they weren't a part of and don't really have any direct connection to. If they get a foot in the door they'll walk all over you.

I haven't played 40k in a decade and don't give a shit about what GW does nowadays, but doesn't the relative popularity of SoB prove that there would actually be a market for female astartes among classic neckbeards?

It's against the lore. They already have the Sisters of Silence as one of the highest-ranked members of the Imperium, so I don't understand the need to fuck up this well-known rule just to score some diversity points.

No, it probably means that there would be a market for Sisters of Battle because Sisters of Battle are actually cool compared to the 32 flavors of marine that get constantly shoved down our throats.

>I'm sorry if letting other people be happy with a product makes you unhappy. Should everyone play your favorite faction? Obviously people wanting something aside from what you want makes you sad, and you're clearly the only person who matters. I'm not telling you to do things my way, I'm asking you to let me do things my way.

I don't even play 40K you egotistical cuntslap. How about you learn to actually enjoy a product for what it is rather than taking a look at something and going 'Man, this is a great thing I'd really like to try but it doesn't cater to me specifically in the way I exactly like'
Take that entire paragraph.
Turn it 180.
And apply it to the situation above of people wanting to change a game to cater to them.

Also, you're perfectly free to do things your way. Go make your own game, stand on your own merits, it's a free country, you're not going to get thrown into the Games Workshop Gulag for not playing 40K.
Hell, grab some greenstuff and make some additions.
Know what? Start a little cottage industry adding mammaries to models. If you sincerely believe there's enough of a market for it then obviously there'd be enough of a market to support you, right?
Put your fucking money where your mouth is for once instead of going
>Well why doesn't this thing cater to my cult!
Can you imagine how arrogant you'd think it if say, the scientologists were to demand their own Xenu faction?
Because that's how we see you. Every time you whine, every hobby you try to put your fat, grubby fingers in, just take a deep breath, step back and think
>Would it be reasonable if the scientologists did it
And then you'll see it through our eyes, you duplicitous motherfucker.

youtube.com/watch?v=D-00nDI9fsc
You also get echo chambers where nobody with a certain worldview is challenged or invalidated. People get to create their own contexts. Opinions that only the loudest voices produce reverberate, allowing views of hatred and disdain to concentrate. In these echo chambers, you will always get the worst snippets of the opposition, devoid of context and evidence of how popular or unpopular those opinions are.
Thus, you have this divide between "us vs them". "Them" could be all sorts of groups: supporters of a certain game console, religion, race, gender, etc. The result is that you get these groups that believe that the other is out to destroy them.
"Alt-Right" groups have become more successful than "SJWs". Unlike "SJWs", the "Alt-Right" has multiple competitive advantages:
>Cases of censorship and threats are less frequent, or at least less in apparent frequency. People get indignant and suspicious whenever a leaning, or even moderate opinion is suppressed because it's "problematic".
>Interest groups targeted the bottom and worked their way up. Social justice groups started from the top and are working their way down, giving the impression that social justice groups were "elitist".
>The "Alt-Right" is reactionary, and was partially nourished by the disdain people have felt over a vocal minority of the social justice crowd.
>The "Alt-Right", and even "SJWs" to a certain extent, mostly runs on disdain. If people were to realize that both the "Alt-Right" and "SJWs" were awful, decided to become more moderate or grounded, and didn't feel they had to play some stupid zero-sum game that doesn't exist, then both groups would shrink, especially the "Alt-Right".

tl;dr SJWs and the Alt-Right are a product of opinion gravitation on the internet and vocal minorities are running the show.

>bingo
Political memes are even worse than political cartoons.

>That's kind of an issue with feminists invading new medias
Someone you don't like liking a thing you like isn't "an invasion".

>If they get a foot in the door they'll walk all over you.
Sure. I mean, look at videogames: It's been YEARS since anyone bothered make an e-penis shooter, now that all gamers are women.

>Bingo is a meme
Mate.
It's a game.
Little old ladies play it in big halls.
What the fuck are you on about.

I'm failing to understand how that's relevant to anything I said, but if you'd like to get specific I'm game. Let me know when my foot is in the door, and be specific when I walk all over you.

>new medias they weren't a part of
The original SoB codex was released 20 years ago. There has been a feminist faction in this game for a long fucking time.

I feel like you're strawmanning me a little bit there.

You have to ignore Russian memesmiths.

>I don't even play 40K
So... why are you here? Are you actually sad and bored enough to fight people about a game you don't play?

>start a cottage industry
I don't have to, they already exist. I can provide several links if you want me to.

>comparing scientologists to women
wow man, yeah. Half of the human race is totally comparable to a scam religion that was a meme ten years ago.

The fact that the SoB are already a thing and now they want female Astartes is definitely an example of them (at least attempting to) walk all over.

Might as well sine 40k is slowly being ruined alongside the garbage heap that is AoS.

>The fact that the SoB are already a thing and now they want female Astartes is definitely an example of them (at least attempting to) walk all over.
Are "they" one person on Facebook now?

You're implying that equal representation is equivalent to domination. Why are you threatened by the idea that your super steroid space mans could ALSO be super steroid space ladies?

I... is Veeky Forums swarming with feminists now? What year is it?

>proving his point

>The fact that the SoB are already a thing and now they want female Astartes is definitely an example of them (at least attempting to) walk all over.

Wanting a supported female faction isn't really 'attempting to walk over'. The issue with arguing that 'SOB exist so it's fine' is that you run into the fact that space marines have more HQ choices than the SOB have units in general. It would hold more weight if SOB were supported to even a tenth of the support marines get. You can't really blame people for going 'Over half of support is for X faction, I would like models for X faction for my gender'.

I don't think female astartes is the solution so much as actually providing support/models for those factions that already have female members.

Well lemme ask you this: Can you guarantee that if they release more equal representation models, it will be a financial success?

>Are you actually sad and bored enough to fight people about a game you don't play?
Where do you think dank memes like come from? Did you think they actually know any feminists?

>So... why are you here? Are you actually sad and bored enough to fight people about a game you don't play?
Yes. Yes I am.
Or rather, I am willing to take 30 seconds out of my day to call you a cunt then continue with life ongoing in order to stand up for someone that people like you are trying to shit on.
Because I know exactly where this leads, Gamergate showed exactly what people like you are interested in, time and time again.

>I don't have to they already exist
Great, free market at work there brother. So what you're saying is that there isn't a problem that doesn't need solving because it's already been solved.

>Half the human ra-
Going to stop you there.
You don't represent all women.
You represent feminists. You represent you.
There are women who already play 40K and apparently have no problem with muh boys club.
Or do they not exist because it's convenient right now?
Christ, it's literally the same thing every time someone like you pops up. I can sing along with your talking points by now.
>Motte and Bailey, Motte and Bailey, all women I speak for thee

I'm talking about "X Bingo cards" that you see on the internet, where you get descriptions in each box. The descriptions tend to be misrepresenting of the target, fails to understand the target's position, fabricates flaws of the target, and ultimately shows ignorance of the card creator.
Political memes are the lowest form of communication, even lower than political cartoons. The reason why political memes and cartoons are awful is because there is almost no subtlety or nuance and too much conviction and fallacious thinking. It's gotten even worse because with memes because now anyone can show how politically illiterate they are.

To summarize: political commentary is seldom not asinine, and it's even more apparent with memes and cartoons.

I think it's swarming with people who are fucking sick and tired of this thread every single day, multiple times a day.

>I'm so far down the /pol/ rabbithole that I perceive anyone who doesn't fall in lock-step with my retarded ideology as a feminist

THE CURRENT ONE

Are you on GW's finance team? Because no you're not. They still sell the fucking gorkamorka buggies, they can afford to sell lady conversion kits. GW has always been a freakish anomaly of finance.

So why not try and get more support for the SoB instead of demanding a different faction be changed for them? I know a fuck ton of players who would gladly help any cause trying to get more SoB support.

About as much as 'Doing a release for Dark Eldar, who were SOB levels of unplayed before that'.

Didn't know this thread was a hive of Redditors all of a sudden.

Just buy them 3rd party you fuckboy, and as you mentioned gorkamorka buggies, how in the fuck are female guardsmen that nobody cares about a more deserving release than a new buggy?

I know, right? I want T_D to leave

If they can't guarantee success on an entirely new faction, it's a waste of time and resources.

Sounds like the answer is rather than trying to jam in female Space Marines.

Just because it's the most popular faction doesn't mean it has to suddenly become every faction. I know it looks that way with all the hovertanks and aspect marines, but those are dumb too.

Savage.

Generally because the support right now is so very disproportionately Marine. Like, Marines have more novels than everyone else combined. Marines have an entire edition about them (HH) and the vast majority of 40k video games are focused on Marines. It's like if Infinity had a PanO release every single time they had a release for any other army and wondering why people would like to be able to see the thing they want in PanO, because it's the majority of the game at this point.

But then again, people attempting to appease feminist ideologies tend to not be the most financially successful.

That's because they're the face of the entire series.

user stop! That’s rape!

>30 seconds
you keep coming back you depressed ridiculous faggot
>free market etc
GW demands GW models in GW events. If they can make those demands it isn't ridiculous to ask for a little help in exchange
>I don't represent etc
Fuck you, just fuck you. You don't represent Scientology, or the community you're literally not a part of by your own admission. If you want to pull that argument you're as self aware as a fucking toaster oven.

Well, so far the releases of any female models have gone exceptionally well. They sold out several times on the new SOB cannoness they released and St Celestine kept flying off the shelves.

>I want to be represented in this grim oppressive sci-fi dystopia
>But only if it's perfectly egalitarian!

That was my point. People would like to be able to see themselves represented in the 'Main Character' of a series, rather than just the tertiary background characters.

Yeah, so why not just make more of those instead of making female Astartes?

>tertiary background characters

Celestine and Yvraine did most of the work when it came to actually getting their Blue posterboy on his feet again. You calling them background characters because they're not marines is you creating your own problem.

This.

Yes and? That does nothing to counter why not only the smarter move but also one that would be more widely accepted and even supported by more male fans is to focus on the SoB. Why not focus all this effort and energy into getting this faction more popularity?

>Because I know exactly where this leads, Gamergate showed exactly what people like you are interested in, time and time again.
This is surely the least self-aware statement of the day.

Likely because that would require somehow shaking up 'Marines get 90% of the support/novels'. Which at this point seems even more improbable than female marines, with marines getting 'Everyfuckingthingelse'.

I don't want female Astartes personally but I can very much understand why people ask for it. Space Marines are the face of 40k, the most supported faction to the degree it eclipses and overwhelms everything else and it doesn't seem to show any sign of ever changing.

It's almost like SoB players have been wanting new shit for years.

While I understand that SJWs and the unironic side of /pol/ should irritate me roughly the same amount, I don't encounter SJWs on the internet anywhere near as frequently as /pol/acks. This has led to to hate the Brietbart/Infowars crowd more, because they're goddamn everywhere.

>have no arguments left, so I'm going to resort to blatant attacks.

>you don't represent scientology
He never claimed to? It was a pretty obviously drawn comparison.

I just don't understand the need for female Astartes. It's one of the unwritten rules of the 40k lore that making female Primarchs and Space Marines is impossible.

>Hey GW can you remake an entire faction in female so I can field this army I want in competition once every 6 months?
No.
Fuck off and buy 3rd party, minis only need to be 50% GW anyway.

I meant more the factions than the characters of a specific event. Even then, that event was about 'Holy shit, a Primarch is back' more than 'Holy shit, Eldar god' or 'Holy Shit, St Celestine is back...oh wait, it's tuesday. Of course she's not dead any more'.

That's probably what would happen, but if they admit that their whole worldview pretty much falls apart

>Shit now I need to dig out my arguing with a feminist bingo card.
>Then again, shaming people based on their sexual promiscuity levels in a fucking glorious show of how you have no standards or self-awareness is probably the blank space in the middle.
So i'm right...

>Celestine and Yvraine did most of the work when it came to actually getting their Blue posterboy on his feet again

The hell they did. That was Cawl's show, Celestine had no idea what he was planning to do.
I do kinda want to see the inevitable Cawl rebellion end with Cawl owning Guilliman via a kill switch in his suit. Zap him, do some critical injury that can justify dishing out a little nerf to Gulliman and actually put Little Boy Blue through some consequences, because I'm pretty sick of Primarchs making everyone else completely irrelevant.

It's not unwritten either. It's been written and clarified several times that only men can become space marines.

Even then, there's an entire extra dimension of magical warp gods for these people to write their fanfiction with, and third party bits if they're having trouble making their own greenstuff models.

Anyone who actually wants female marines in a relatively lore friendly way already has the tools at their disposal to make them.

>you keep coming back you depressed ridiculous faggot
Well by this point I'm just doing it to maintain my erection. That and I'm listening to a podcast on the side and enjoying a cup of tea.
Sometimes you just got to enjoy things in small things in life.
Like an SJW's IQ.

>Fuck you, just fuck you.
Oooh, I made you mad, now I can finally climax.
I represent myself, someone that's been through this shit storm before, can smell the soft musk of your stench on the wind and is battening down the hatches.
And I've got more in common with 40K-ers than you have with 98% of women world wide, they're nerds, I'm nerds, they're passionate about their tabletop hobby, I'm passionate about my table top hobby.
It isn't their fault they've got poor taste compared to glorious RPG master-racers like myself.
Jokes aside; user, you're in a cult.
I'd fucking love to help you. If I thought for a single moment that I could get you to have an epiphany about your behavior or that of those you follow, I would jump through a flaming hoop for you despite not knowing you from Adam.
But I know that's never going to happen, because any time anyone points out the staggering hypocrisies of SJWs, you just strap on your face mask, hook it up to a giant oxygen tank filled with your own farts and crack that fucker to max.

So I think I'm just going to enjoy grandstanding for the others in this thread then move back to shitposting in /sug/ over on /trash/

Because getting non-astartes female characters serious showing would require the double miracle of 'Female characters being supported' and 'Somehow managing to have marines not be the focus for a while.

Astartes are kinda a victim of their own popularity. People want everything in marines because marines get all the support and people like to get support for what they want to play. It's why the marines have a billion units to allow basically everything and multiple codexes for 'Marines but also X'

Considering marines literally cannot be women due to the fabrication process of their grown organs and geneseed, that alone should ward off any attempt at getting female space marines made. Rewriting ~25-30 years of lore to give an extreme minority something to latch onto isn't a good business maneuver.

I want the SOB to have more representation though, I really like their faction and what it represents.

Now, *this guy*, deffo single

Bye.

>having insults involved in an argument is a disqualification
fuck you
>He never claimed to
Neither did I?
>remake an entire faction
Or just release a sprue of conversion parts? Like they've done with all kinds of things? Noise Marines are STILL just a generic conversion kit, would it be so unbearable if female guard had a similar kit?

>Celestine had no idea what he was planning to do.

Celestine spent the entire event knowing what everyone was about to do. Her visions were pretty solidly outdoing the Eldar in 'X needs to be at Y for things to go well'.

Anyone who's actually invested in this discussion of either end of the table is off the deep.
>muh representation!
>muh fluff! (from Games fucking Workshop of all companies)
How do you give this much of a shit?

And that's exactly the problem, it'd be incredibly forced.

Nobody minds female guard or whatever, but feminists always jump on marines because apparently that's the only faction that exists. You can see that in this very thread.