Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What monuments would you choose to be erected in your character's name?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/stalker/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Something in a garden, showing his love of infrastructure and children.

My character wants no monuments. In fact, he'd rather not be remembered at all.

Fifteen foot tall obsidian penis statue, that transforms into a golem whenever somebody tries to vandalize it.

I want to have the world's biggest, dumbest gun made in the name of my character.

Okay, /pfg/, how do I make rapiers incredibly effective?

Up that crit rate and have a bangin' Dex score, boom.

Crits, user. Go Stalker, get the Stalker talent that increases crit range by 1, and then make it keen or get improved critical.

All of my characters would be ambivalent or actively dislike the idea of monuments being built in there name/honor.

So Veeky Forums, how would you fix Pathfinder's feat system? I hear a lot of talk about how there are too many feats, feat tax, etc.

How would you like if certain feats were combined and had automatic progression? For example, one feat has its base features until you hit level six for example, then it unlocks more features, and again at a higher level.

Example feat:

Two-Weapon Combat Style: Your penalties for fighting with two weapons are reduced to -4. These penalties are reduced to -2 if your off-hand weapon is light.
Prerequisites: Dex 15

At level four, when wielding two weapons, you gain a +2 shield bonus to AC.

At level six, in addition to the single extra attack you get with an offhand weapon, you gain a second offhand attack with it at a -5 penalty. Add your full Strength bonus to damage rolls made with your offhand weapon. When you take a full-round action to attack, each consecutive attack against the same target adds damage equal to the number of attacks you made that round that have hit that target. This damage is multiplied on critical hits.

At level eleven, you gain a third offhand attack at a -10 penalty.

Would something similar to this idea be better or worse for the feat system? What would be some issues with it?

Both of them wouldn't really appreciate it.Both are quiet dudes

My cleric of Sarenrae would want a monument of peace. Which could be anything, I suppose. My tiefling phantom blade spiritualist would want a kickass statue that made him look scary. My soulknife is currently the newest member of the Eldest in the First World, and has erected several monuments already.

>increases crit range by 1
the only thing i can find is one that increases the crit MULTIPLIER, not the threat range

Sup /pfg/, I'm new to being a GM, and the story I have so far will be something along the lines of goblins causing trouble, and the PC's go to stop them, and find a big goblin conspiracy type deal.

Any tips on crafting encounters and loot rewards for combat? The party will be a monk, a paladin, a sorcerer and probably a barbarian.

Also I'd love any tips you have on GMing effectively. I have all of the pathfinder pdfs, along with a physical copy of the core rulebook and a GM screen.

>So Veeky Forums, how would you fix Pathfinder's feat system?
Elephant in the Room rules

Not deep enough desu, but it's a solid start

Startoad, can you chill the fuck out?

Startoad at least tried running games. Unlike some people here.

>Bamboozling is better than knowing your limits

Poetry.

Potions are always good, as are scrolls and wands with spells your Sorcerer can use. The Monk would probably love a potion of Magic Fang

Who? I hardly ever visit Veeky Forums anymore.

What are the best Rogue Talents/Ninja Tricks?

>barely comes to Veeky Forums
>but comes to fucking /pfg/ of all places\
You fucked up.

Can you guys help me find some more ways for me to boost my Knowledge (Arcana) skill? I already have a +2 competence bonus from an item, but are there any items that will give me a better bonus, or spells or items (Wizard here) that will give me a long-lasting bonus (at least an hour)? Not looking to spend a feat on this, so stuff like Skill Focus is out unless there's an item that can grant me the feat or something like that.

1PP stuff only.

>Take craft wondrous item
>Spend the skill bonus you want it to have multiplied by 100 in gold pieces
>Craft the Fedora of Enlightenment
>Swim in skill points

How... INTRIGUEing

/pfg/ used to be a cool place where we talked about how shitty pathfinder was.

Well, it ain't that no more. Hasn't been that way for a year or so. Best be movin' on and sparing yourself the hurt.

That's /5eg/ now.

we still do that though, we just realized it was boring doing nothing but that

>brawler or monk with just three of any talents from boxing, open hand, brute, or wrestling gets treated as a size category larger for damage

It ain't bad

I miss fennecanon

d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/stalker/

>Critical Edge (Ex): The stalker’s deadly efficiency in combat allows him to increase the critical threat range of any weapon he wields by +1. This bonus is applied after abilities such Improved Critical or the keen weapon property and cannot be doubled.

Fennecanon was a cuck

oooh, my bad, i read slayer instead of stalker

No problem, I do it all the time too.

Shut your whore mouth. FennecAnon is precious.

Fennecanon is a precious cinnamon bun, you literal piece of garbage.

I hope SotJR has a great game tonight.

Me too. Hopefully they won't be tempted to brute-force their way to what would otherwise be a climactic ending.

Same here. Godspeed, you magnificent bastards,

I think the formula is actually ([skill bonus]^2)*100 gp.

As a menhir savant druidess who's spent her life studying the leylines, she would probably have a menhir circle named after herself.

Probably make it herself, too, she's incredibly vain for a druid.

Are any of you the "Krillin" of your group? The guy whose jokes are somehow never funny, whose ideas are always stupid (even if someone else proposes the exact same thing), whose character always gets upstaged, and whose attempts at RP seem to only exist to get snarked at?

How did you become so? Did you piss off the Queen Bee, did you make the GM's girlfriend jealous, or is the GM's asshole roommate just able to walk over you because he'd make the poor bastard miserable if he doesn't get his way?

That's an oddly specific list of complaints, user. Is there something you want to tell us about is?

I was the Krillin of my first group if only because the Yamcha of the group was voted out by committee for being needy and took up too much of the GM's time in his opinion due to mental issues. After that it was just me, him, and 3 other dudes and out of all of them I was probably the most expendable in the GM's eyes, thus any time he was going to get upset about something it was something I did, any time someone did something a bit silly with their characters mine was the only one that ended up paying severe consequences for it, and even when I decided enough was enough and left the group nobody even bothered saying goodbye or made even an iota of an attempt to stop me from leaving after 2 years together.

Just stop playing martials, dude. I was in the same place until I decided to stop worrying and roll a Wizard.

I used to be the first targeted in combat, and kinda the butt of the joke for a group. Then I left because when somebody else died, they bitched until we did a redo, in which I died. Then that player laughed at me dying.

I feel like it sometimes.

i dunno. i was the krillen in my group even though i played a Wizard. as in, played a Wizard seriously, and not just going for the intentionally shitty spells. turns out, using out of combat spells had realistic consequences, and using spells in combat would force a lot of concentration checks from a GM who really knows what they're doing. the guys playing the rogue and the barbarian had it easy in comparison.

>Hating on Krillin
>The strongest human in the world
>Only outclassed by bullshit alien power-ups
>Still able to compete with alien bullshit using scumbag tactics like solar flare and sneak attack destructo disks

Krillin was the main protagonist we deserved.

Funnily enough, that last situation actually did happen to me, but without any of the attendant problems.

The other guys in the group were cool, but they were basically That Guy's babysitters along with the GM. So we would all be having fun together, tossing jokes back and forth, trying to roleplay meaningfully...and then the one guy everyone had to tolerate because IRL relationships would be whining about how we were stupid and useless.

>He'd bitch about how we were kill-crazy murderers for killing bandits, even though he was built for nothing but combat and would always be the first to suggest violence.
>He'd call all of us stupid while we were trying to solve the GM's puzzles, loudly interrupting anyone who tried to talk to the GM to ask clarifying questions.
>He'd claim we were all stupid and worthless even though he never roleplayed at all.

I think the GM just wanted me around so he could have more friends to help that asshole seem less unbearable. I left anyway, and the game folded up one session later.

Not to mention, he marries the NEUTRAL EVIL android girl. Dude's an inspiration.

But he was short.

DBZA really cultivated a toxic fandom, brought all the jackasses out of the woodwork and gave them a rallying cry to shout down anybody who could talk sense.

>MUH PECKING ORDER

>h-hey guys. Can I still be relevant?
Seriously, Tien was robbed.

Thanks Plague.

I like SoM

Okay.

Cool.

thanks

I thought the strongest human on planet Earth was Hercule?

He's the strongest human that doesn't use ki, user.

If I recall, Hercule is the strongest physically. Like muscular output.

Krillin's the most powerful human though, taking into account all the ki bullshit.

Where does Pan fit in all this?

>Scholar can get an animal companion with Familiar-level intelligence and special abilities
>Animal Companions with Familiar Archetypes

How can we abuse this

Is it me or does it look like Spheres of Might classes suck fucking hard?

Like I thought Spheres of Power classes were bare bones as fuck.

Protector familiar archetype is pretty good. Mauler might actually be a downgrade because animal companions are usually medium or large already.

>Transformation (Anthropomorphic Animal)
>trading the rest of its feats for might talents
>maybe sharing BAB and skills with the above, while simultaneously having its own skills

>The Scholar also has THIS available to them

>Experimental Evolution: The scholar performs various experiments with breeding, chemical modification, or other techniques to create powerful and unusual creatures loyal to her. When the scholar learns this knack, a familiar, animal companion, or mount she possesses gains a pool of evolution points equal to 1 + 1 per 4 class levels she possesses that can be used to give the creature evolutions as though it were an eidolon. If the scholar possesses multiple familiars, mounts, or companions, she may divide these evolution points amongst them however she chooses. Once a creature has spent its evolution points on a given evolution, the choice cannot be changed until the next time the scholar gains a class level. If the scholar’s companion creature dies or is otherwise permanently lost, she regains any evolution points spent on it and may apply them to a new creature after 1 week of training and experimentation.

Is that not the best shit?

No, because Animal companions die super easy to anything remotely threatening.

I still think it's cool as hell.

But it's not even worth taking. No point in investing in an ability that is going to fucking worthless in practice.

Might be fun to use with an NPC. Like most animal companion options.

She can use Ki, but she's not really good at it.

Blacksmith is pretty damned good, and Armiger lets you prepare stuff ahead of time, and at level 5 you can do some good switch-hitting and get early Standard Full Attack.
Conscript is kinda lame though, and personally I'm not a fan
Striker is amazing and sick.
Sentinal is a Warder. Really not much else it has or needs. So I guess whether or not you enjoy Base Warder will determine if you like Sentinal or not. Though at least it has the advantage of having more weapon kits it can potentially use
Scholar is a bit iffy. Not a fan myself due to feeling too much like "mundane wizard", however in terms of having both skill-monkey and combat ability, I'd say its somewhere between Bard and Investigator. Still a bloody mess though.
Technician...I'm honestly not sure. It reminds me a bit of the Vauntguard and has some fuckery it can do. Is easily around UC Rogue levels at its lowest, and I guess some of th Inventions might be okay. Honestly, I'd place it aorund the same T4 range as UC Monk or Slayer.

And the archetypes range from cool to meh.

Also, most of the classes have a hell of a lot more features built into them than SoP, what crack are you smoking?

Personally, I'd skip getting a Familiar, get the Bardic Knowledge, Int SAD stuff, and other shit like that, then invest in Ooze summoning

>evolution points
>not worth taking

What are you doing.

Scholar is a bit messy but it has really cool stuff. I think the Animal Companion stuff is cool anyhow, lets you have an intelligent animal buddy that's fairly competent.

>What are you doing.
Not wasting character investment in a class feature that's going to get consistently one shot by level 10.

Bolster Beast, Armored Mount, and several other Beastmastery Talents can help the survivability of an animal companion

Seriously, in a long running campaign I've been in (16th level druid) my ankylosaurus often pushes 58ish AC while dealing with PFS rules, it's basically a tank for my druid to hide behind.

They've got 9 HD at level 10, usually pretty good con and you can buff them even more pretty easily with those evolution points. They shouldn't be getting one-shot.

My GM must be killer because animal companions usually start dropping like flies around level 10 for me. Must be a table to table thing.

Can't you just take the figment familiar archetype with it?

You can.

>animal companion
>figment familiar
I mean, I don't think you could that with anything other than the scholar.

>>animal companion
>>figment familiar
We Calvin & Hobbes now!

>Animal Companion with Sage + Figment Archetypes
>Have it take the Transformation (Anthropomorphic Animal) feat

Yes please

Well considering the Scholar is the topic of the conversation, that seems just fine to me?

Does your setting have any interesting slang? Has your character made any contributions to your setting's slang?

>add evolution points to figment animal companion
We /imaginary friends/ now.

Not quite. What we do have, though, is the inactive titanic golem we unearthed to fend off a monstrous threat. It's now known as the Colossus of Stormreach and is the landmark of our rag-tag guild.

So, for a Spheres mageknight, since my DCs are so bad for offensive spells, what spheres SHOULD I get?

None. He seeks no glory and despises it, thinking it to be the weapon of cowards who fear obscurity, which he embraces as knowing something secret and rare is more satisfying than knowing the name of some guy who decided to carve his name on the side of a mountain.

Anything that doesn't rely on your Caster Level.

Take Eldritch Heritage to get a Familiar with the Sage Archetype and twice your level in max skill ranks. Then have it take feats that give it the Beastmastery Sphere. Than get Bolster Beast for pets that have twice your level in Hit Dice.

Warp, Time, Alteration, Nature, Creation Telekinesis (for certain rare cases), War. Basically the spheres that are more combat-utility. Also, some archetypes help with the low CL problems

Thoughts on Bladebound Magus? We're rolling new characters and I was looking at some cool melee strikers.

How does pf compare to 3.5?

t. noob

It's status as an upgrade is sometimes questionable, but I personally think it is, and the flavor of having an intelligent item is too cool to pass up on.

I thought so myself. Though I'm a little torn on the weapon itself. Guides Say Scimitar and Rapier for the crit range but I'm not too fond of either. And you can't use 2handers.

Well your choices after that are pretty much battleaxe if you intend to barbarian it up, longsword for pure power since it's after the crit range weapons the best due it's, well, crit range or if you have a feat to spare an exotic weapon (unless bladebound gave the proficiency which I can't remember if it did).

Hmm, might go with longsword then. I'm going more melee focused anyways.