Awhile back I picked up a nice copy of Ghostbusters International. Sadly, it was missing all of its dice...

Awhile back I picked up a nice copy of Ghostbusters International. Sadly, it was missing all of its dice. Replacement originals are stupid expensive and they don't last very well. I was thinking of picking up a replacement ghost die from the Nerdy Show (picture related) and some replacement standard d6 dice from Chessex. Their Vortex Bright Green line looks perfect. I don't know what size the ghost die is, though. 12 mm? 16 mm? I would like to get regular d6s that match. If anyone knows the size of the Nerdy Show ghost die that would be great.

No OP, not like that. You must bait the weak minded with some easy controversial material if you want to catch their attention. Watch and learn :

GHOSTBUSTERS 2016 WAS AN OKAY MOVIE !!!

(bump)

WHAT THE HELL

You know, the anti-Ghostbusters circlejerk is fucking ridiculous. This guy just reviewed the movie based on a trailer. So, people do that regularly... not a problem, right? Wrong. The hatred of Ghostbusters (2016) is unprecedented. All anyone knows of it is the trailer. That's all. People hated it every step of the way. I'm not SJW or white knight by any means and they can fuck themselves (this is probably the only issue that genuinely is a little fucking ridiculous and baffling of the sheer hatred), but the neckbeard hatred seems to be completely because it's an all female cast. That's literally the reason that started the hatred. As soon as there was a rumor of a parallel all-male reboot, people were saying "hey, I can get on board with that." I'm usually against reboots. I'm fairly against this one just the same as all others, just because I think reboots are unoriginal cash grabs - regardless of the franchise. I'm not against it because the cast or gender, but just because I fucking hate reboots in general until they prove themselves. But time and time again there's a reboot of a decent/successful franchise that people blow their loads over. This one? Immediate hatred for no reason other than a sudden unfounded "DON'T TOUCH MY CHILDHOOD" which is never there with any reboot. How many times has Batman been rebooted? Superman? With the exception of the Dark Knight trilogy, they've generally been mediocre. People were indifferent at worst for Batman vs. Superman, and it was godawful. There was tons of "give it a chance!". But people still want to see another Batman from that series with Ben Affleck after how bad the movie did (yes, I know - he is the only good part of that movie... but that's not my point). continued..

Best ghostbusters passing through !

No one cares. Jesus.

Spiderman is rebooted every other year it seems, and every time everyone sees the trailer and says "HAY GUISE SEE THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN" and it's mediocre at best. How about Jurassic Park? The first is my favorite movie. The second and third weren't reboots, but sequels and got exponentially worse. Then suddenly, Jurassic World came out to reboot the franchise. It was a brainless action movie that didn't hit on why Jurassic Park was amazing - the original story with the amazing visual effects. A few years ago, they remastered it in 3D. I was skeptical, but I saw it in the theater as I heard good things. It was just as magical as when I was a kid barely enough 3D to not notice. Anyways, THAT is why Jurassic Park was amazing - it's timeless and amazing visual effects for any time with a great story of suspense. Now the Jurassic World reboot turned it into just some monster destruction movie where Chris Pratt bros out with raptors. I admit it was entertaining, but it was a little overhyped by the same crowd who is tearing up a TRAILER of Ghostbusters and refuse to give it a chance. I mean, Cinemassacre reviewed Jurassic World. You have a problem with Ghostbusters to the point that you won't even give it a minute, but you saw Jurassic World and reviewed it. continued...

Not only that, but you liked it. But you hate the whole concept of a classic being rebooted? What a fucking hypocrite. And let's not forget about the Star Wars franchise. The first 3 were amazing. The prequels were trash. The new reboot of the franchise with The Force Awakens was hyped beyond all hell, but people consistently lost their shit over the hype. Was it necessary? Nope. Is it necessary for all the subplot movies that Disney is cashing in on? Nope. Star Wars (original 3) was a masterpiece. But we all went into TFA skeptical - not to the extent of this "reviewer" who refuses to watch it, but just "please don't screw this up". It came out amazing. RoboCop? Unnecessary, but people saw the trailer and said "WOW OMG THIS LOOKS DARK AND GOOD". It was forgettable. Terminator gets reboots constantly - I can't figure out which they're on now. But they're just cash grabs at this point, and always get decent anticipation from the trailers. AGAIN, missing the point of why Judgement Day was an incredible film that made the franchise. AGAIN, you reviewed Terminator Genisys. Why? Judgement Day was an amazing feat in special effects, but you decided to watch a CGI fest of Genisys? I thought you're too nostalgic to see a reboot that rebooted a "perfect" franchise. Again - fucking hypocrite. Finally, Ninja Turtles. I'd have to say this was the only one that got bashed as bad as Ghostbusters. Why? Because it literally went out to tear apart everything about TMNT. They looked odd and they were aliens. However, the hatred wasn't there until the rumor got out that they were supposed to be aliens and then when the trailer came out. continued...

How long is that wall of text ?

Then let's also take a minute to think about the video game reboots out there. Doom, Duke Nukem, Medal of Honor, etc - there was extreme hype and everyone gave them chances. I'm not going to begin going through the hype for all the reboots constantly in the video game world. But the absolute hatred of the Ghostbusters reboot has a level of hatred I don't recall ever seeing. It's disturbing. As much as I hate the SJW movements and all of that crap, it's a little too obvious that the only reason people are hating it without giving a single chance to it is for a certain reason. There's so much unfounded hatred of Ghostbusters. There's people reviewing the fucking movie from a trailer. I'll probably not see it for the same reason I don't bother with most reboots - they're unnecessary and I don't support Hollywood continuing to do unoriginal stories. It has nothing to do with Ghostbusters in general. I'll probably watch it eventually when it comes on Netflix or HBO, but I won't go out of my way to see it in a theater. But if you are one who constantly says "I'll give it a chance" and sees reboots in theaters despite how unnecessary they are, but you won't see Ghostbusters to the point of this brutal hatred? I have no fucking clue what's wrong with our community that it's so god damn aaaangry over this. Fuck this guy. There's more to it than "OMG ITS UNNECESSARY TO REBOOT TO THE POINT HTAT I REFUSE TO WATCH IT" when he reviewed FOUR reboots - Creed, Jurassic World, Terminator Genisys, and The Force Awakens. He's a hypocritical neckbeard (minus the neckbeard and fedora). tl;dr: Cinemassacre has reviewed a few reboots of timeless movies and he never had a problem with them. Now he's suddenly hugely against reboots so much he decided to make a video against a reboot from a trailer? Hypocrisy.

The new ghostbusters movie sucked tho

Welp, no one seems to know the answer to my question but hit the nail on the head.

tl;dr version:
>AVGN was a shit head for refusing to watch the remake and that makes him horrible forever /angrygeministblog

>Ghostbusters International
Just get the replacement die and go with that. If you need to replace those, use basic 6 die and paint ghost faces on it or something. I doubt anyone will really care.

Literally what I am doing. I just want to make sure I order dice that are the same size. You have to roll a bunch of them at once and I don't want mismatch dice. It feels weird in your hand.

This is such an odd fucking coincidence. I ordered some of their dice last month, and just had to refund my order this week. A month went by and they never shipped out my order or got in contact with me. So I cannot help you, sadly. Good game though.

Just thought I'd let you guys know that there's no reason to buy replacement die because it doesn't really take away from the experie-

The game uses only d6s and I don't have enough spares from my other games to have enough for this one. So, since I have to buy dice anyway, I might as well get something that matches the theme. A Nerdy Show ghost die costs a dollar and I can get a pile of cool green slime looking dice for $10-$12 from Amazon, depending on the size.

A player in one of my groups has the dice you are talking about pictured here
I can confirm they look pretty cool.

Welp, I contacted the store and they got back to me pretty quickly. They are 12 mm dice.

If you need to roll a shitload of dice at once 12mm is preferable. If you want a few bigger dice use 16mm.

At least one post longer than you first thought.

Ghost die was standard d6 size. Same size as the d6 in almost every board game.

I owned both 1st ed and International of it and the paint always wore off the die.

Of course I just ended up using an odd out colored d6. This was the late 80's early 90's after all.

See

>tfw no GB Resurrection episode in forever
I just started relistening to them and finished the Big Trouble in Little China one.