Has anyone ever been in a good magical realm or intentionally eroitc game/session?

Has anyone ever been in a good magical realm or intentionally eroitc game/session?

Did you play with strangers, friends, spouses?

Feel free to also share general dm railroading into magical realm stories

No.

/thread

Magical realm is a term for pushing unwanted sexual content by definition. It is plain and simple ERP otherwise.

I've ERPed with select friends who I trusted to be mature enough to handle it without it getting too weird. The closest I've come with strangers is cybersex, but that's a bit different (and is honestly less compelling to me). In my opinion, ERP is still a role-playing game, and should still have a decent plot and not just sexy-fun-times. If we liken erotic content to comedy, then I'm looking for a dramedy and not a straight-out sitcom, where the story is just an excuse to set up jokes. In both a dramedy and ERP, the integrity of the story heightens the impact of things.

Yeah, someone didn't read the piss comic.

I think it's like "Mary Sue", where usage has broadened over time.

I am ERPing sometimes in RP heavy MUD
I'd say that just as normal extension of characters life and relationships, but that would be a lie.
Good thing about this, though, that the community is small enough that the anonymity is not really existant, which means I can avoid ERPing with other guys and doing it with fat, ugly nerd chicks and 35+ yo bored housewives isn't that bad, at least isn't gay ;^)
Also for some reason most of my characters get TONS of female attention. I can act very chaddy online, too bad I can't pass it into real life

I'd most likely never did it in any sort of voiced game though.

I think that's more of a problem with Veeky Forums in the sense that "magical realm" has grown in terms of what's included in that nebulous label, and not how it's applied to a game setting/campaign. For example, grognards here will immediately consider anything with anthropomorphic animal races to be "magical realm", but a setting where everyone plays a catgirl maid trying to defeat the BBEG with swimsuit competitions doesn't bat an eye.

>Where people use it wrong so much retards pick up the wrong definition
FTFY

>my characters get TONS of female attention
Do tell, user. I want to know how to get attention that is feminine (male).

Last session there was magical realm, but due to context it was actually really painful. There were 3 individual magical realms that night, only one was wholesome and normal. The other two were full of emotional damage. Of those two, only one had an ending that the two characters involved came out of it for the better because they didn't actually go through with it.
basically magical realm for my group means you're going to feel really bad.

Take it from somebody with a decade of experience, it's not hard to get a little attention on those games. And for what it's worth, some of the best smut I ever read was the stuff I wrote with these thirsty MUSH bitches. Probably because it's personal but you know what I mean.

Congratulations, you have figured out how language works. Now thats out the way, tell us about your erp experiences

Chronological order of definitions:
1) "dare you enter my magical realm" was a DM specific, related to inserting fetish settings into games. Thinking of that world-of-piss comic.
1.1) Simplified to any manner of scope not limited to settings.
2) Expanded to players inserting their fetishes into games.
3) Simplified into insertion of unwanted fetishes due to the commonality of general disdain for unexpected/unwanted insertions. (So... MRing is rape by feminist standards. kek)

Definitions change over time and differ by cultural exposure. Like how some retards completely forgo "political violence as terrorism" and heavily favor the "rule by fear" definition because they are heavy conspiracy theorists. And the "everything is rape" meme when applied to modern feminism.

At the very least magical realm is understandable when you know it's A) negative terminology that is B) related to fetishes.

Except they are female. Heck, We're now friends on facebook with some of them.
Welp, maybe it isn't hard, but comparing myself to other male players/characters I get outstanding "scores". That, or I delude myself into believing it.

Joking, joking (I was laughing at a screencap on the trap thread). Just wondering what kinds of characters you are making that get all the bitches.

Oh I mean I've ERPed a lot, more than I've RPed (outside of MMOs that is, where I've RPd a lot more, but ERPd a lot as well)

It's difficult to make it good, it's a 1 in a 100 type deal, finding a good player with good everything. But totally worth it when it is.

>At the very least magical realm is understandable when you know it's A) negative terminology that is B) related to fetishes.
I think it gets used slightly tongue-in-cheek as well, kind of like telling your friend you're stealing his DVD for a couple of days as a colorful way of saying "borrowing". Over time though, this may cause drift of the base meaning of the term, as the "colorful" usage of "magical realm" becomes standard.

[Spoiler]bards[/spoiler]

But really. I think the key is
1. Making your character handsome. Which in context on text based game means being able to pull interesting description, optolionally finding good pic. Also, you must remember that female definition of male handsomness is often different than males think.
2. DON'T actively chase them. Most female characters that went into mine started it themselves. Maybe not actively, but by starting to give visible signals at some point. Just be there and act mysterious and what you think females would think is "sexy". You have to feel that for yourself. Its too complicated to explain in detail.
3. Be active. Not in romantic/sexual RP, but normal one. Make you character carw about something and matter in the world. Girls seem to dig characters with a drive.
4. I think that OOC rep is important as well. Once you get some fame about being good at RPing sexy guys, other female players automatically are interested in checking it out.

Hum.. Every now and then there is some adult themes that happens during our games, slightly graphic and so on, I think none of the others players care that much and me neither, but I just easily notice if it happens and I am just wondering if it's fairly common or not. If it's in good taste, if it has a place at the table and so on.

>want a character who carries around an oversized crossbow, make him a goliath
>at some point, DM decides he has a crush on a NPC (DM's prone to auto-ing our characters like that but it's not so bad)
>the other players joke about my PC's third leg sized boner, unaware that they've accidentally entered my magical realm; it just keeps going
STOP IT GUYS THIS IS AWKWARD

Yes, of course.

It's almost like people think it's impossible to have romantic involvement with someone who also likes roleplaying games.

>DM's prone to auto-ing our charcters
>but it's not so bad
There's being beta cuck... then there's being a gamma cuck.

How much of a cuck does you/your group got to be for a DM to be "prone" to controlling your characters? There's a point where it stops being an RP and starts being a slut-fic where the DM is too damn lazy to write it.

Don't worry, I've already told him it was weird and shitty. He said it was a bad habit of his and he's trying to stop; I trust him on that. The goliath thing is the only time he's done anything remotely magical-realmy, and even that was pretty tame; I wouldn't call it a "slut-fic".
Honestly, he's a good storyteller and a good friend. I'm willing to put up with him occasionally filling in some details about our characters (and having to correct him each time), if it means I get to spend six hours a week uncovering fantasy conspiracies and laughing about dumb shit with my friends.

Also, obligatory "no, YOU're the faggoty faggot cuck nigger fag, kys".