What would be the best way to run a Hellsing campaign and what system would you use?

What would be the best way to run a Hellsing campaign and what system would you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

maidrpg.com
youtube.com/watch?v=nmmJPUlLVoY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FATE, Hellsing Ultimate Abridged.

Wod obviously

Alucard is easily antedulvian level

Could probly give cain a run for his money

World of Darkness Vampires operate a bit differently than Hellsing Vampires.

Witchcraft

The official Hellsing D20 sourcebook, of course.

>Hellsing D20 sourcebook

interest bump

Mutants and Masterminds maybe?

Maid RPG. The Alucard equivalent is the Master, everyone else is agents of various sorts trying to direct him towards problems while keeping themselves out of trouble.

At least, if you actually wanted to follow the model set by the series, including the extreme power disparity.

You could also try the FATE method, with personal power like Alucard's being balanced by giving the mortals a lot more plot power via Fate Points and similar, but that can be difficult and doesn't always go well.

Alternatively, just pick your preferred superpowers system and run a game about dark, monstrous heroes fighting even more dangerous and terrifying threats.

mutants and mastermind I guess

Considering how Alucard came to be, he's basically a second Kain lorewise.

Hellsing: The Dawn would be a great setting for an RPG

Maid. Without a doubt. Can't imagine anything else even working with how loose and broken some of the power levels are unless you were willing to just refluff half the setting. After which point you might as well be playing something else.

How does combat work in Maid?

Risus

Or WOD considering alucard is likely a 4th generation dude

Don't have Alucard and similar "You lose" tier opponents in it.

Alucard should be a Plot Device, who exists not as a character, but as something to nudge the plot when needed.
You know, what he basically was in the manga/show.

Given all of the nutty powers the characters have Mutants & Masterminds would be your best bet.

>everyone answered the what system question
>nobody answered the how would you run it question

maidrpg.com

I did not expect this at all to be honest
Is this what people are referring to by Maid?

>best way to run a Hellsing campaign
You may want to have the game take place in the thirty years he spent not existing, as otherwise well good fucking luck being relevant.

The players could basically be just trying to fill the void left by his vampire murderings.

Or you could also run it in a different part of the world where Alucard doesn't go to often. Maybe make up some organization like Hellsing that exists in Japan or something

Yeah, through I wonder if you could state his Disciplines.

He probably has Obtenebration and Vicissitude, along with high Fortitude.

Or say fuck it, Iscariot time.

Yep.

There can be other people in Hellsing, just have Integra sternly warn the party that if she has to let her pet vampire go walking too many times to clean up for them there's just no way she can justify having them on staff.

It depends, what rpg system is the best for portraying dramatically rippling garments and eye-glowing and slightly-sub-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure-tier dramatic poses?

Use that system.

Big Eyes, Small Mouth 2nd edition

I'm not sure which is weirder: Integra in a maid outfit, or Integra looking hot in a maid outfit.

or do ww2 operating as other unmentioned hellsing agents

These are good bets on how, probably.
I'd also add Iscariot to mix.

I wouldn't let party be quite Alucard/Anderson-level motherfuckers - they are plot devices and cleaners incase party fucks it up, and in that case they might end up as collateral.

the actual regular vampires/iscariot agents/what have you would make for quite good characters with room for unique specialization (general fighty/guns/ holy magic/tech/vampire powers/information)

Not really. The biggest one still only has one rule when you fight him: you lose.

Which also kinda summarizes the reason Hellsing is shit. It's "this isn't even my final form" the series.

>Wod obviously
>Alucard is easily antedulvian level
>Could probly give cain a run for his money

it is very unlikely he is that powerful.

For example, the Ravnos antedeluvian went on a rampage in the week of nightmares.

It took multiple groups to defeat it including the technocracy.

It was standing in sunlight being focused by orbital satelights, and survived 3 spirit nukes that devastated the spirit world (and caused stuff like the avatar storm). It seemed to die after this, but it is uncertain.
This wasn't even the strongest 3rd gen vampire.

>Unique specialization
>Each player gets one
>I just realized most of the major characters have two
>Seras:Vampire Powers/Guns
>Anderson:General Fighty/Holy Magic
etc.

Ravnos has Fortitude though. The most amazing things Ravnos did was survive what should have killed it, which is easily explained by Fortitude.

I sincerely doubt any of the Antedulvians can do anything like Alucard's god damn soul-army, because that would be his "clan's" unique discipline that he has maxed out.

JEWWWWWSSSSSSSSS

Depends entirely on who the party is working for, if Integra you run around killing things until the nazi's show up

If anyone else you run around killing things until alucard murders you.

Rip Van Winkle with her silver bullets, Alhambra with his cards, Heinkel and Yumie dynamic duo of guns and katana, Werewoof Captain, Scythe-enthusiast and certified therapist Zorin Blitz, Slicing&Dicing Butler Walter, Pip with mercenary squad and tactics.
Lot of ways to work in characters.

>Alucard's god damn soul-army, because that would be his "clan's" unique discipline
You know I never put it together that Seras has Alucard's soul claim ability. It's just on a smaller much personal lvl but that's basically what she did with the mercenary (Who's name I forget).

>Hellsing Ultimate Abridged.
Whichever flavour of Hellsing you run, it'll turn into Ultimate Abridged at the table.

Im pretty sure he also did stuff like crack mountains upon waking up.
The guy could also delete people from reality with chimestry.

Alucard doesn't really have a damage output on the scale of antedeluvians.

to deal with alucard they tried to use literal reality breaking hax (Schrodinger), and that still didn't work

not to mention that he single handedly defeated the iscariot, crusaders, and the nazis with extreme ease

Pip, his name was Pip. And yeah, she has his soul inside her now. Probably also the souls of the Nazis she chowed down on right after that.

Did Seras even drink anyone except Pip? Also i think it was stated that having blood ofered willingly is totally diffrent level than drinking it by force.

I think we see visuals of her draining the Nazis, including Zorin, she kills right after. So I'd say "Most likely, but no where near on the same scale as Alucard"

THIS is maid?!
Yo fuck I need to run this shit yesterday.

You aren't supposed to take Hellsing too seriously. It's pulpy as fuck and operates almost entirely on rule of cool with some minor philosophical bent.

At the end of the day, it's got cool aesthetics, cinematic battles, and good dialogue. You don't really need to be invested in the stakes to be able to enjoy something.

Probably true, but not really a bad thing.

Fiasco.

Thing is she didn't drink them, just ripped them apart, or in case of Zorin, well, she wipe her off on a fucking wall.
I think that for getting someone into your "soulstore" you have to drink him dry.

Seras drank Pip and now gets to summon him as a quasi-familiar.

We never see her drink anyone else but I'd be surprised if she hadn't since the epilogue suggests she's grown more powerful and confident in herself, which for vampires is tied to drinking blood.

Seras actually has a pretty nice arc in Hellsing. It's surprisingly understated.

Zorin she says that she doesn't want inside her, and does NOT eat.

She bite alot of Nazis including biting off Zorin's hand when she try to free herself from Seras. Pretty sure you have to actively drink a fair amount of their blood to claim their soul. Also she probably hasn't really drained anyone since taking in Pip. She was always rather against it and I doubt she's more willing to do it after Pip since it was a Do or Die moment and was given the go ahead by Pip.

You know I wonder? If she did drink from more people would she be able to fully regen her arm? I kinda doubt she would, the formless shadow is pretty fucking useful.

There nothing to indicate Seras is any weaker than Alucard potentially, but it's a matter of time. Alucard has had over 600 years to hone his powers, Seras has had 6 months (not counting timeskip since we're not given any indication of her growth) to hone her powers and she wasn't even a real fucking vampire for most of it.
In fact as soon as she became a real vampire her powerlevel exploded and she wiped the floor with someone far more experienced than her. It's safe to say at the very least vampire powerlevel is directly related to the purity of your patronage, which is why the artificial vampires are significantly stronger than normal humans and potentially even fledgling vampires, but fall far short of real vampires or divinely powered humans.

She actually spits out Zorin's fingers. She refuses to drink a drop of her blood.

Doubly harsh when you remember having your blood sucked by a vampire in Hellsing means a part of you lives on in them forever. Seras essentially wiped Zorin out of existence.

ALucard was modified by the Hellsing group though. Like with hermetic magic or something, i heard it apparently made him more powerful.

The formless shadow thing is what vampires actually look like, the human thing is just a mask.
She learns how to regrow her arm mask by the time skip, as a fresh ascended vampire her powers were still rather crude albeit immensely powerful.

Alucard is probably right underneath Caine when it comes to power level.

I'd say a weird form of WOD or gurps.

So Veeky Forums
Which group would you wanna work for?

The Hellsing Organization, Iscariot, or the Nazi Vampires?

>to deal with alucard they tried to use literal reality breaking hax (Schrodinger), and that still didn't work

Schrodinger took him out of comission for 30 years. He was only able to come back because he could get rid off souls he absorbed.

Alucard nearly died to Father anderson, and later to walter.

>not to mention that he single handedly defeated the iscariot, crusaders, and the nazis with extreme ease

That doesn't really compare to what the Ravnos antedeluvian did.

I'd say he is comparble to 4th generation vamps at the highest.

3rd gen are too redicoulous.

Looks like she never bothered to regrow her arm, Alucard probably needed to teach her how or something.

Anderson couldn't scratch him until he whipped out a Literally God relic and it merely severely weakened Alucard, couldn't even finish him off.
That's why Walter was able to almost kill him, however.

>Nazi Vampires
Sausage Fest aside from the cat boygirl

>Hellsing Organization
Hot Boss, co-worker, but 0 chance with them

>Iscariot
Fair amount of women, can probably be corrupted into sex where they become cock craving sluts after years of repression.

Wait fuck I thought she regrew her arm

Guess my memory is shit

>walter.
walter was doing well up until alucard decided he didn't feel like losing, and then he beat him easily (which is where Schrodinger comes in)

>iscariot
>Christian suicide bombers

No he lost because he started aging in reverse.

Anderson lost the minute he pulled out the nail. Alucard says this, openly and clearly. The reason Alucard beats everything is because only a Human can really kill a monster, and everyone that tried to kill him became a monster to do it- everyone except for Van Hellsing and the rest of the Bram Stoker Gang.

Ya fuck that. Lot of them didn't do it anyways.

didnt he get "reverse aged" by alucard? something about making him look as childish as he acts

>The Hellsing Organization
Get to be cool witchhunter. Will probably eat shit and die to some horror.
>Iscariot
Die for your corrupt as fuck leaders fucked up ideology
>Nazi Vampires
Die a Glarious death in battle

Probably Hellsing?
I seem to recall after the time skip she kept the shadow in the form of her lost arm. She probably reined in alot of control over it.

aloha snackbar?

Run a drifters campaign instead

A Hellsing campaign should probably be a slightly pacey mystery/spy adventure punctuated by bursts of ultra-violence.

It's would be interesting to build a system from the ground up with the sole intention of simulating escalating bullshit fights between vampires and/or other vaguely mythological monsters with some fluff that says anything goes.

The Hellsing Organization's probably the best choice but they've got an abysmal survival rate for anyone who isn't Integra or a vampire. I wouldn't plan on cashing in my retirement pension.

Section XIII's got much better odds, by contrast, and you get to travel the world, meet interesting people (and kill them), and do some charity work on the side. Not too terrible.

Millennium's a joke. Everyone on staff was just getting played by the Major. Also, Nazis.

I remember her regrowing it in the manga.

You missed the point. All Hellsing vampires have the potential to do that, because they trade in blood, the currency of the Soul. When a Hellsing vampire drinks the blood of a person, they are literally taking that person's soul to become their familiar, a life that they own. When Alucard gets riddled with bullets, he doesn't die because he has so many lives to spare.

This is why the Major's plan involved getting Alucard to unleash his familiars - It's the only way to make him even remotely vulnerable to non-conceptual weapons. When he externalises his familiars, they can be shot and killed en masse, which means Alucard can't use them to keep himself alive, and Alucard himself can be targeted by extreme force to destroy the familiars without being able to regenerate himself nearly as well.

Seras is broken as fuck because Pip gave his life to her willingly, which is apparently vastly more powerful than a life taken by force.

hellsing is the only "stable" job there, since i doubt the church actually pays and the nazis definetley dont

so just get bitten by a vampire and be golden with your new life as a superpowered problemsolver

JUST GIVE ME THE FEELING

I forgot about Section VIII. What do they do and operate out of exactly?

>What do they do
hellsing, but church

It happened because the vampiric chip that doc implanted in him was done to hasty. it started malfunctioning.

Section XIII is just another name for Iscariot.

The only other Vatican department that gets named is the relics division. No word on the other eleven sections.

Section XIII are literally the Church's anti-monster branch. They operate in secret and are full of absolute nutters.

He was on the ropes until seras showed up. He was an inch away from turning into dead vampire.

>The reason Alucard beats everything is because only a Human can really kill a monster, and everyone that tried to kill him became a monster to do it- everyone except for Van Hellsing and the rest of the Bram Stoker Gang.

That isn't a rule of the setting. It's just some thing Alucard says, it's got no basis for being true.

we even see it contradicted so many times.

As somebody who works for the church irl, they pay pretty nice, of course my job is also way less murder-y.

>Seras is broken as fuck because Pip gave his life to her willingly, which is apparently vastly more powerful than a life taken by force.

Prove this.

Seras showing up didn't help him in the fight, it just gave him a peptalk. He was bummed out that Anderson wasn't willing to fight him as a man and just went full "guess I'll die" mode. There isn't much that anyone can do to Alucard that he doesn't let them, unless he completely doesn't see it coming, like Schrodinger.

Anderson (and walter) lost because of external factors.

Alucard got snapped out of the "dying flashback" right before he bit the dust.

Walter's chip started malfunctioning.

Seras is broken as fuck because she became a real vampire and drank blood. Nothing to do with Pip being willing.
That did have the benefit of making Pip her familiar, however, rather than simply a dominated soul she could puppet around but who would ultimately steely be devoid of any emotion or self determination.

I'll bite. What is your job ?

Don't quote me boy 'cause I ain't said shit but from what I remember, either Integra or the Major bring it up.

working with young adults who can't stay home due to family problems, vauge enough for Veeky Forums ?

No I get this now I just never put two and two together. I was pretty young when I watched it and had to finish it by reading the manga. As a kid I thought they were similar just didnt realize they were the same ability at different stages of power.
If I remember correctly Schrodinger says it to Zorin when she's trying to mind fuck Seras after she powered up with Pip

alcuard was knocked out and burning to death.

Seras was shouting "MASTER" for several minutes straight before he woke up.

youtube.com/watch?v=nmmJPUlLVoY

Wakatta yo.
Nice 555, by the way. May God bless you.

>work for Hellsing
>99.5% chance of death, 0.1% chance of being vampire food, 0.1% chance of being vamped, 0.3% chance of survival
>near 100% chance of zombification/ghoulified upon death and you don't get appropriate weapons/knowledge of enemies
>have to deal with Alucard in any fashion canon or abridged is an exercise in bowel control
>get to stare at Seras and Integra's ass all day though

>work for Iscariot
>guaranteed eventual 100% chance of death through monster fighting and/or suicide bombing
>immediate superior is batshit insane with a fetish for hand-wielding bayonets, boss is even crazier and wants to kill/replace the Pope
>job may eventually put you up against Alucard
>get to stare at Heinkel and Yumi's ass all day though

>work for Millenium
>well, Nazis for starters
>guaranteed 100% death as your only purpose is to fulfill his replacement Führer's desire to see the world burn by his hand (with you burning, too)
>almost all of management are mentally unsound, detached from reality, and care nothing for your well being
>on the plus side though, you can be as debauched and depraved as you want
>and you'll never know what's in those pants until you check

ehhh, Hellsing's my bet for the slim-but-still-existent chance of survival