Hey, DM, I think my wizard is underpowered compared to our PAM paladin

>hey, DM, I think my wizard is underpowered compared to our PAM paladin
>you haven't tried actually using any good spells though, and just fling direct damage spells at the enemies
>what spells? Banishment doesn't kill a person, only banishes the targe to another plane of existence.
>What do you think would happen if you banish a person to the fire plane? Or to one of our established planes in the campaign?
>but that would be overpowered!

How do you deal with retarded players as a GM? Bonus points if they are women.

The best way to fix stupid is to teach them.

And the best way to teach them is to give them an opportunity.

Give them an 'archmage's' spellbook as a quest reward, filled with a better spell suite, but in order to prevent them from getting essentially twice as many spells as normal for free, force them to pass on or sacrifice their old spellbook. Maybe the archmage's spellbook has a curse, or it's sentient and jealous, but give them a +1 Caster Level boost or the like for the inconvenience.

Then, now and then, the semi-sentient spellbook flips to a certain page when using a certain spell would be a really good idea. Grease when a bunch of monsters are clustered up, glitterdust when they're being chased, celerity literally always, stinking cloud when... yeah, you get the idea.

Put in problems that can't be solved with direct damage. Force the PC to think outside the box.

>in order to prevent them from getting essentially twice as many spells as normal for free
I would argue that you might as well let them keep their old shit spells. They're shit anyway, and they'll probably be (quite rightly) upset if you contrive away their entire spellbook.

A lot of complaints deserve to be ignored

Make the campaign fun and dont let yourself get dragged down from their retardation

Easy
1. Never play D&D
2. Tell players that your obscure system has a rule for you to have a "DM'ing stick"
3. Whenever they're dumb hit them with DM'ing stick.

>and they'll probably be (quite rightly) upset if you contrive away their entire spellbook.
The wizard fucking complains that every encounter room doesn't have a way to separate it in two with a wall of fire, and complains that the enemies avoid walking into it.

Additionally if they think a class is underpowered you can just ask them to reroll.
And if ur player is a constant complainer you can also remind them that they're making the game unenjoyable and if they continue they will be kicked

>complains that the enemies avoid walking into it
Telekinesis
Unicorn Arrow
Motherfucking SLIDE.
Any summon monster via bullrush

There, four spells that can move people.

They just have to not be shit.

But yeah, assemble a spell list of better spells, and hype up the spellbook as hot shit full of ancient, powerful magick (Even if it's got the same standard 4 spells per spell level and is about the same level as the PC) If you hype it up enough, they'll hopefully give it a try.

Give the same spells latin names or some shit, just to further ruse the player

>What do you think would happen if you banish a person to the fire plane?
That's not how Banishment works. It sends them to their home plane or an explicitly harmless demiplane.

That’s not how that spell works you little shit.

How do you deal with retarded GMs as a player? Bonus points if they’re autistic.

>stock photo
>doesnt know what banishment does
>plays with roasties
>reddit spacing
>stupid i'll teach em a lesson with my specific tailored magic item hehehe im so smart
>general reddit stench

Holy shit this thread is so bad, its everything wrong with nu-Veeky Forums.

What exactly is reddit spacing anyway? I've seen it applied to people who make every sentence it's own paragraph or who just use paragraphs period. Are you just memeing or what?

reddit spacing is
A. capitalization
B. punctuation
C. using paragraphs

Remember, cool kids write total shit.

Reddit spacing is people complaining about excessive newlines, especially between sentences.

Reddit spacing is when you put empty lines in between lines or paragraphs of text. It's also how a lot of mobile posters format text. It indicates nothing about the poster and accusing people of it contributes nothing to the discussion at hand.

Tried this, it fucking works.

If the player is dumb enough to play the wizard to a tier near fighter, good. It just solved one of the system's problem.

except mobile posters are universally shit and should be shunned

then why are you mobile posting

>complains about reddit spacing
>two whole line breaks after the quote
>offers nothing constructive other than whinging
Shitheel hypocrite.

>And the best way to teach them is to give them an opportunity.

Disagree. The best way to teach a player a game mechanic is to fuck them with it.

Your game has cover rules your players aren't using? Have enemies take copious advantage of cover and push their shit in. There's applications of magic that your players don't see or won't use? Well, the bad guys do and will. Don't tell them how effective it is, *show* them how effective it is. It'll make the game more dangerous and it'll give your players a better understanding of the mechanics.

In this case, OP, they need to fight a few competent casters.