Is it possible to create a character or npc who is both Obese and yet imposing and formidable?

Is it possible to create a character or npc who is both Obese and yet imposing and formidable?

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/14919653/
active.com/fitness/calculators/bodyfat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

No. Fatties can't be imposing nor formidable.

Jabba.

Yes.

Mojo says hello...

With magic or superscience? I guess. Realistically? No. Fat fucks like to think that their size somehow makes them stronger and tougher, and then they trip over their lard, hit the ground, and shatter. Your best bet is a stereotypical strongman type with high body fat but a decent amount of muscle under it, and regardless of what BMI says that's not what comes to mind when I think of "obese", but contrary to popular belief the increased body fat that some strongmen and powerlifters have doesn't really help much itself, it's just a lot harder to reach certain levels of muscle without putting on fat at the same time, and some of the best strongmen and powerlifters of all time have been pretty low body fat.

... as do Kingpin, depending on your definition of obese.

Possible? Yes, but if said character doesn't have a good set of powers/abilities that justify both those traits and its obesity while posing a real threat, then it will probably appear as the typical fa/tg/uy with a katana that's been folded a thousand times.

It would have to be someone who is incredibly active in spite of being fat. You can get obese by just eating enough but it's also going to be clear that you have actual muscle going on in addition. See linebackers after they get out of shape but before they go full electric wheelchair. It's also not sustainable without CONSTANT exercise.

No.

There have never been any dangerous or likeable fat characters ever.

I mean, who would be afraid of a fatty?

>Fat fucks like to think that their size somehow makes them stronger and tougher
Well, they tougher than any skinny twig. That's for sure but they have hard time showing proper athletic achievements due to carrying all that weight with them.

Granted, it's probably just his armor. Still, the man wields a zweihander in one hand.

You can certainly do, though personally I'd make them a character who gets most of their power from their organization, whatever that may be. They can certainly be powerful on their own, but most of their danger is their influence. Also explains how they got fat.

>smart
>fat

Trump is very smart and he is fat

What doez intelligence have to do with body weight?
You can be fit as fuck still be stupid.

He's not fat he thicc

>Trump
>smart

>force feed a genius
>he get fat
>he's still a genius

Smart people don't get obese because they know it's bad for them.

And mostly senile at this point.

So all smoker are stupid because they should know it is bad for their health?

Yeah but he's like 2% body fat.

Uploading few fatties

Do you not know who the Kingpin is?

Sigmeyer has a character model, you know, and beneath all that armour he's not fat at all.

Smough from dark souls fits that description

well yeah, you use the playable polar bear race for 3.5. what's scarier than a huge fat polar bear.

So like Sumos?

Make it Nurgle

Not on first glance and never completely. People still give Kingpin fat jokes even when he's seven feet tall, and they'll keep making some after he pounces across his office and pulps a skull between his hands.

Well to be fair he was ripped under the armor.

>People still give Kingpin fat jokes
The one who does that is Spiderman because he is Spiderman. I don't think that counts.

Not morbidly obese, but just plain obese? Tony Soprano comes to mind

>Tougher
>Can't stand up from the mobility scooter without having a heart attack

Oddly, that is the opposite of how it works when guns are involved. More mass means you're more likely to suffer from having all of the bullet's energy expend itself inside you, rather than overpenetrating and putting all it's energy into the wall behind you.

Yes, as long as their physical prowess isn't the thing that makes them imposing or formiddable. Just like it'd possible to have a character who is stupid yet imposing and formidable, or piss-weak and...

Yeah. Fat fuck sorceror who uses magic for everything, but is genuinely amazing at sorcery? Sure. He floats on a floating disc, has three layers of counterspell and antimagic prevention, and will invert your skin with a wave of his hand. Fighting him will take preparation and good wards.

Did everyone just forget this guy?

No one has thought of based slann?

Hard to be afraid of someone who's exhausted by a gentle incline or flight of stairs.

I haven't forgotten about Best Toads.

realistically? no.

Look at Buddha. Also things like orc kings

That works, but in real world most people would be intimidated by a violent and armed guy, whether he was fat or not.

But in a fictional setting where a menacing presence tends to have a more dramatic or flamboyant tone, a fattie can hardly be considered very intimidating.

Summo Wrestlers?

Fat usually corresponds to high constitution, just like strength will usually correspond to muscle and dex will correspond to litheness or at least the flexibility of the character.

Even a fat character has the benefit of a high constitution, which translate to having high fortitude. Fat characters will keep going when lesser people would quit, even if they don't have the strength or dexterity to accomplish something.

What else can fat mean? If a character is fat, it means they go get something when they want it and probably don't settle. There's a power to that for heroes and villains alike. Fat can signify a very determined character.

Was literally thinking about this question the other day and remembered this bitchass.

S U M O

>Fat characters will keep going when lesser people would quit
I'd say it's more commonly associated with the opposite.

Lack of fat usually corresponds to high constitution, just like strength will usually correspond to muscle and dex will correspond to litheness or at least the flexibility of the character.

Even a skinny character has the benefit of a high constitution, which translate to having high fortitude. skinny characters will keep going when bigger people would quit, even if they don't have the strength or dexterity to accomplish something.

What else can lack of fat mean? If a character is skinny, it means they go get something when they want it and probably don't settle. There's a power to that for heroes and villains alike. Lack of fat can signify a very determined character.

Yes

Kingpin was bearmode, not obese.

Kingpin was superhuman-mode. That fucker can break down brick walls if he wants to.

>Realistically? No.
Wrong.
I know an obese guy. He eats fucktons (think an entire roast chicken for breakfast), but he's also a manual labourer. Not sure what he's doing now, but he was a miner for a long time and might still be.

People who are fat but strong don't look as fat because the muscle gives it a bit of definition so it's not just ROLLS AND ROLLS.

>Turns 1 million in to 3.4 billion
>Gets called stupid by people who cant turn a student loan in to anything but debt

It's a lot about clothing.

In the olden days of Veeky Forums, we had some discussion about this, They were called Siege knights

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/14919653/

Merely being well fed gives you an advantage over the majority of a medieval population.

hehehe

So does a youth of being a fantastic warrior, a war leader, immensely strong, just and loyal to friends (not women).

You posed arguably the worst example as his physical deterioration coincided entirely with his rule.

I think your image has caused some confusion, because it's led to a thread were you apparently have to be carrying over 50 kilos of excess body fat to be counted as "fat".
In reality world, Bear Mode is fat as fuck.

If you're above 8% BF as a man, or 14% BF as a woman, you are fat. Yes, you don't see many people who meet these standards, but NEWS FLASH, the average person is at least 10 kilos over their ideal weight, even when you factor body composition into it.

Pick related, fatties who are much stronger than I (I am also fat).

And yes, fat people can be intimidating, physically.

If you're talking about magic: screw the rules, anything goes.

If you're talking about physique, you can make them fat but not obese. Obese people are landwhales, so fat that they struggle to walk up stairs and their joints groan under their sheer mass. Fatties, on the other hand, can and often are the strongest guys around. Look at powerlifters, those who lift for strength rather than aesthetics: they're fatties most of the time. Louis Cyr, the strongest man to have ever lived, had a prominent potbelly. There's a very good reason why we consider overweight and obese different things. Overweight is usually suboptimal, obesity is the point where you've clearly crossed the line and decided to keep going because dieting is hard.

>what are sumo

As a strong but fat man, let me tell you stamina is not my strong suit. If I ever do get into a fight, ending it as quickly and brutally as possible is my only option.

Anything over 8% body fat is fat? Are you fucking stupid? I'm at 7-9% body fat allowing for some error in measuring myself. I'm pretty fit from doing wrestling in HS/College, and having to control my weight methodically. You're not fat until you you start breaking 15% body fat as a guy.

active.com/fitness/calculators/bodyfat

Do you mean 25% ? By that chart 15% is fat and he still has abs.

Regardless of whether I placed my cutoff correctly, calling Kingpin "not fat", just because he isn't a pillow soft human marshmallow is stupid, and the strongman in my picture are fat.

How could people forget these swag masters?

No idea, my dude crushed a Black Ork Warboss so hard he drained him of all bodily fluids with his bare hands.

In that image specifically he's still got abs, but he's also leaning back with the light at an angle to add contrast. Here's another example of bodyfat percentages, this time on the same person. At 15% or higher is when you're outside the range of "fit/athletic". Depending on the groups you associate with, that's a bit "flabby". Like myself and the BJJ gym I go to, if we noticed one of the guys climbing up in bodyfat percentage we'd probably poke a bit of fun at him. A fair number of us compete in competitions though, so I guess you could say that we're more aware of it than most people though.

How about pregnant?

You might be illiterate.

I agree with you about Kingpin. He's definitely fat, strongman style. He's a 6'7, 450lbs. He's known to have a passion for body building and has trained in Sumo. Clearly more strongman than bodybuilder, lol.

No worries, my only issue was your cut off for body fat percentage.

Well, yeah.

My Navigator was rightly feared, given his proponsity to kill those who displeased him with a glance, as well as the rumors that he feasted on their flesh.

>LIVER AND ONIONS!

Asian, Oni-style ogres run the market on that concept OP.

>best answer

also good answer

>meet an absolutely massive butterball of a man, easily ten feet tall when standing
>it turns out he's so fat from all the corrupted beings he's eaten and absorbed the power of
>his first action upon meeting you is to smile and say hello as he turns the ogre that's been chasing you inside out with a wave of his hand and promptly gobbles it down, spitting out the skull afterwards

Gonna need more of this girl.

>Use Pig Orcs as the orcs of your setting
>Make them cannibalistic beserker barbarians.
>Have the leaders and fearsome ones be a lot fatter and larger.
Fatter = Eaten More People = Scarier

Make them a Bloat-mage that can manipulate fat.

Works with most races actually. Giant fat crocodile people are pretty intimidating.

try the kingpin from spiderman. the way to do it is to make him engage a noted strongman and promptly break his back or something by squeezing.

When no matter how much you exercise, you are still ugly.