Why the fuck is hostage taker black, and not white?

Why the fuck is hostage taker black, and not white?

Because it's niggers that commit crimes, user.

I mean in the colour pie

Because black people can be assholes too.

ha

Casting opponent spells and having your mana count as any type is black, if Gonti is any guide.

Because being able to cast your opponents cards is a minor theme in black while it's a major theme in blue. Also, the pirate tribe's colors are R/B/U.

Black does this effect on occasion. Brain Maggot did it back in Theros. Tidehollow Sculler is probably guilty for blurring the line.

While exileing is a very W thing to do, the claiming and repurposing it for your advantage is where black comes in. Take a look at Gonti, Lord of Luxury; as well blue helps ties in with the control aspect.

Heh

White doesn't steal shit. At all. Not since Invasion or so (barring some throwbacks in Time Spiral block)
Black can exile shit. It may not do it as frequently as White does, but it does it. And this has the very good chance of keeping th
What makes it white at all? Nothing about it is white. The word 'exile' is not white just because Swords to Plowshares is white.
As well, there is no WU faction whatsoever, and it doesn't make sense as a Sun Empire or Legion of Dusk card. And it would not be some one-off WU pirate. Vraska only gets an exception due to being a preexisting character, after all.

It makes more sense as white red

Black started this shit way back with the nightmare creatures in OTJ

Red only steals temporarily, never permanently. The card makes no sense in Red at all as-is.
Blue can steal permanently, so can black (though it doesn't do so very often, simply because they don't print many steal shit permanently cards and most go to blue)
At BEST it would sac at end of turn if you cast it.
It also, again, doesn't fit the Sun Empire faction.

Because the card is a pirate and pirates aren't in white.

>Doesn't fit the Sun Empire faction.
lore was a mistake

>Doesn't fit for mechanical reasons.
>oh yeah also doesn't fit for lore reasons on top of that
>"Lore was a mistake"
I get it, you just want it for your WR deck. But it's not.

He should be white and black. Since it is a Fiend Hunter with an upside. It is no way blue, but I guess the color pie doesn't matter to MaRo unless it is green getting direct damage or red having anything that isn't burn spells or goblins.

Not the first time he does this and won't be the last.

It's not a fiend hunter. The commonality of all white prison cards is that the card isn't gone forever, it eventually gets freed when the hunter/priest/ring leaves the field.

What HT does is remove the creature, which is black, then steal it, which is blue. Black blue has always had the cast your opponents cards effect. It makes no sense for white to permantely steal creatures. Why am I even talking to an ape

>tfw I knew hostage taker was the best pirate in the set
>don't buy it because I couldnt see it being used outside a strict pirate shell which is weak atm
Now I get to pay three times as much for my fuck up.

Read the goddman thread. Stealing shit is blue since forever

>The commonality of all white prison cards is that the card isn't gone forever
Newfags get out
Fiend hunter can permanently exile if you combine him with flicker effects

Pretty sure the whole point of ixalan is that it's a slightly color shifted plane right?
There are mono white vampires and land based merfolk as well.

Vampires on the set are B/W