How come I always tend to make a good trade prediction ... as long as I don't actually make the trade myself...

How come I always tend to make a good trade prediction ... as long as I don't actually make the trade myself. But as soon as I put in real money it turns goes the exact opposite of what I predicted.
Is there a psychological explanation for this?

>inb4 ur retarded
Second opinions plz.

yeah! we'll get you all the fish sticks and mustard you want sweetheart

bump

ur retarded

bump

Still retarded.
Bump all you want.

lmao me too.

How come wall the coins I sell pump and all the ones I hold dump

It's like a cognitive bias, of course you can look at any coin that is doing well and convince yourself because you noticed it once before, that you "thought it was a good trade"... you can beat yourself up really bad emotionally if you can't get past it.

Only look forward in crypto, and hold. Everything will moon at least once.

You notice all the calls you make that moon. You don't remember all the calls you make that don't moon. When a coin you called moons (and most of them get a turn going up hard for a while), you remember calling it earlier and the feeling of missing out makes the memory stronger.

no, I'm sure op is just retarded

The reason you suggest a coin but don’t buy it is probably because you’re risk averse and recognize that the trade you are advocating represents a high risk and high reward. You are not willing to take the risk, so you miss out on the moons (but on the upside, limit your exposure to risk).

I meant in general, but it applies to coins as well. There has to be some kind of cognitive bias. Or perhaps it's just general inexperience.

This sounds very accurate. I've never lost much.

Additionally, you are probably experiencing confirmation bias and selectively remembering the moons you missed more than the crashes you missed or the trades you suggested that didn’t do anything remarkably good or bad.

I’m the same way. But if I really try to think objectively, I can start to notice that I’ve missed a lot of crashes along with moons. You could probably do the same thing, so don’t sweat the missed opportunities too much. But maybe take some more risks as long as it’s money you can afford to lose.

>But maybe take some more risks as long as it’s money you can afford to lose.
You don't take more risk, just because you can afford to lose your money. How fucking retared is that? Risk is justified by potential. And this means you need to do your fucking homework.

Spot on. I've always only invested what I can afford to lose. And I'm ok with that. My goal is to make small but steady gains.

there was a thread yesterday about if missing a coin is worse than a woman, you are not alone, user. keep up the good work

What happens to me is I chicken out of my trades before an actual resolution happens.

This happened just a minute ago.
Bought at green arrow, sold at red.

Everything pretty much indicated a move upwards but I get some fucking emotional tunnel vision and get wet noodle hands.
fuck

He stated that the risks he doesnt take usually end up as missed moon missions.

Also yes, having more disposable income alters your risk curve, pleb.

This. Its called confirmation bias. As soon as you notice a pattern, you start seeing it everywhere. Very hard to avoid.

have you tried holding something for, I don't know, SLIGHTLY LONGER THAN 3 FUCKING MINUTES???

Honestly it's a lot better to cut losses quickly and look ahead instead of risking a disaster and going to hell. Just look at it like that.

Or you might just be retarded like that one guys said.

try beating off with your off hand for a week, then you'll win.

>Or you might just be retarded like that one guys said.
Why would he use boll.bands as indicator to then chicken out halfway in an uptrend? He clearly is a retard, thought that guy isn't op.

itchy trigger finger lol. the user above said about risk how much percent are you willing to take before buying/selling

At that point I'm swetting bullets and my heart feels like it's about to leave my chest and run away.

Yeah, but I think I am at that point now, where I'll be like, "if this shit doesn't moon within the next candle im fecking out! gotta cut losses, nah mean??" which doesn't really benefit me at all. Too cowardly I guess. What I'll have to do is make some minimum time rule where I don't exit because I somehow "predict" what will happen in my head instead of all the confirmations I've gotten on the chart.

I know. Even with the bolls I fucked up, and that's basically an impossibility, those things are a god send. And even though the MA line was going downish I should have seen that the price both got support at the MA line as well as kept above the trend line.
The MACD also indicated good stuff coming but nah, didn't listen.

Next trade will be no emotion autist face for me, robot style.

Major kick to the balls.

Before you buy, write down why you bought and at what price you think it'll get at and when. If you ever feel like you need to change your plan, read your note again.

Then buy the coins / stock, set a (very low) stop loss and a high limit sell order and walk away. Dont think about it for a while.

>implying you wouldn't have chickend out once the upper boll band would have been touched
>if you wouldn't have chickened out way before
:D :D :D

you got me :^)

Solid advice, especially the walk away part.
It's easy to over analyse after your initial analysis when you've got the chart right there in front of you, watching as the candles go up and down.
Best stick to the initial one you did, before emotions got in the game.