The DM encourages his players to drink a steady stream of energy drinks to remain alert and to preserve mental acuity

>The DM encourages his players to drink a steady stream of energy drinks to remain alert and to preserve mental acuity.

yes and?

My DM encourages a ton of shit that the party never actually does, like read his 20 page handout with timeline.

Is the DM providing?

>tfw first sip of the day

Yes

Dude needs to learn that less is more and breavity is the height of wit.

Soul... Not height. Also, brevity.

Cute

I'd much rather have some coffee. Would the dm offer to make some?

Coffee is a drug.

Fug you're right. And somehow phoneposting got me breavity instead of brevity.

The fuck do you think is in most energy drinks?

Water and spices?

Your phone needs to read more Shakespeare.

Also, there's something highly ironic about adding letters to the word brevity.

50 metric shit tons of caffeine

>defining yourself as a predator preying on rainbow colored women
How sad of a person can you be ?

>pic related
Now, would anyone like some beer?

>Monster energy
No thanks, i'd rather live

Found the Mormon.

Aspirin is a drug.

t. Gold medal mental gymnast

Sure.

Drugs aren't inherently bad.

It's not psychoactive though.

I don't know if you're a retard or can't perform basic reading comprehension.

check'd

No thanks. Encourage the DM to provide an engaging session.

Impressive digits.

nic didget

This makes me rage.

I don't know why, because I actually agree.

I think because I made a 3 page handout once, and in it I mentioned that Drow weren't a thing in my setting.

I give it to everyone, they all tell me they read it, and then one of them makes a backstory involving Drow.

Ughhh.

Maybe that's why i'm mad. Doesn't matter if it's 2 pages, 20 pages or 200 pages. Doesn't matter if it's 2 paragraphs, players will *not* fucking read the handouts.

Caffeine isn't exactly good for you though.

I mean, I'm all about drugs. Coffee on the way to work, dip on the way back home, and beer at home, and it all serves a purpose (staying awake, staying awake, and relaxing, respectively), but it's all bad for you.

The odds are (unless they're really new anyway) that players have some idea they've wanted to use for a while and they're just fitting it into your world the easiest way they can. Getting the basic concept down doesn't really feel like something that you should really leave them along to figure out anyway since there's always details that they might not have to work with even if it's 200 pages. Maybe it's because I always do it in person, but I don't know why you wouldn't just do all that background shit together instead of assigning it like homework

I'd argue that staying awake when you need to and relaxing when you need to is good for your mental health and stress, which in turn is good for your health.

It reads the handout or it gets the hose again!

Not arguing with that, and no doubt drugs have kept me whole and alive on some long moonlight drives and let me sleep easy when I was stressed, but they still have long-term deleterious effects.

This post was meant for Sorry.

Is this bait, user?