What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever needed to kill someone over?

What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever needed to kill someone over?

In a game, right?

Sure. "In game".

>implying this isnt always solution #1 for players no matter what, even if they manage to come up with a non-murderous plot.

NTR

>needed to kill someone

>implying that killing is necessary
>implying you don't have a choice

If I told you I'd need to kill you too.

Hey, you sound like some of the dudes I killed.

>What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever needed to kill someone over?
Embarrassing? If it was seriously enough to kill them over, it wasn't embarrassing. Minor, maybe, but not embarrassing.

As for the most minor thing, a safe place to sleep was the smallest thing I've killed over. Was important at the time, but not really in retrospect.

Repossession when some pixies stole my gold to melt into paint to gilt their homes.

I just picked up their house and walked off. Not my problem they didn't leave, or that they were hiding when I smashed it to bits and fed it into a smelting furnace..

Is it necessary? No. Is it a permanent solution? Yes, yes it is.

>Is it a permanent solution?
Depends on the problem

>playing a rogue kobold
>while the rest of the party is off doing a quest for a corrupted king im sneaking into said kings castle
>the party made me do it since i was the only one who could fit in the sewer entrance
>in his bedchamber under the bed
>wait for hours am awoken by the sound of the bedframe creaking
>thatwaseasy
> stab up through the bed.
> kill the king before he knows whats happening
>mission success
> suddenly scream
> feet hit the floor and run for the door
> slide from under bed and slash with my cleaver
>take out their ankels
>its a concubine
>she is yelling and i hear the guards coming
>in universe the kobolds had been given an uneasy peace with the human settlements
>she had seen my face
>say im sorry and slit her throat
>dive from the window down into the river
>rip my alignment
>party and I send a small gift of a few dozen gold pieces to her family every year
>still feel bad about it

Forgot to mention
>fuck up the first stab through her heart
>have to wait a turn of her stuggling to try to kill her again

Me and a buddy where Clerics of Justice and Evil slaying. And one of our players was an Assassin (had to be evil in ADnD). We wanted to give him a chance to do his evil thing and kill our caravan leader, we where gana let him do it to avoid "meta gaming" accusations. He had a 5 Minutes combat where we acted out of character to let him do this. He failed and failed at killing the caravan leader who eventually ran to us and we caught him blade handed (not red handed cuz the bitch didn't even cut a scratch).

I then knocked him the fuck out in one hit. We held a short trial where we used Command to make him confess, then I executed him.

He cried the whole time.

The crying was the worst part.

Huh? But it's not embarrassing anymore if there is no witnesses left.

Hiding a murder,

but you'll know what you did

This thread can't be, nobody wants to tell their embarrassing stories.

>few dozen gold to the family every year
I'm pretty sure that would piss off quite a number of people.
Like "hey I know what happened to your daughter but instead of coming face to face with you or actually paying penace I'm just gonna drop off some gold every now and then have fun bye"

>What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever needed to kill someone over?

Oh God.

In a game of Exalted, a small valley kingdom was the path of a deathlord wishing to enter creation, the entire country laced with shadowlands everywhere. We couldn't save them in time and desperately needed to close that shadowland off so we killed them all so they wouldn't stop us from salting every square foot of land in their tiny kingdom.

Now the *entire* kingdom is a shadowland, but it is a salt-laced shadowland unusable to everybody, not just the living.

I don't know if they did this on *purpose* or not, but in 3E D&D, the cost of Raise Dead is very close to the cost of hiring a skilled human hireling five days every week for their entire life.

Making an appropriate weregild around 5k gp.

The math:
3 sp/day * 5days/week * 52 weeks/year = 780 sp/year = 78 gp/year

5000 gp/ (78gp/year) = 64 years and lose change.

>>party and I send a small gift of a few dozen gold pieces to her family every year

I hope by "a few dozen" you mean seven dozen, otherwise your loaded-to-the-gills adventuring party is being cheap with your blood money.

Incidentally: In Saudi Arabia today, weregild for a murder is ~100k USD, and minimum wage is 1412 USD, making weregild 70 years of work.

Only other players.