Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1807: Time Flow Resumes Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/suDfkiGe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Thank you user!

>William
I feel like he'd probably make an interesting rival, especially if you were genuinely nice and heroic. It'd be a nice counterpoint, him as an Antihero, you as a Hero, and Catherine (trying to be) an anti-villain.

>Fiated to live
I... suppose so. Huh. That would really suck for Cat, wouldn't it?

>How would Catherine react to a Hero that is genuinely nice and heroic/ helps here out in the demon fight by saving her wounded soldiers before the Devils massacred them?

"Oh yes, thank you!"
She doesn't have any issues with heroes, and Archer and Thief have even joined up with her now. Her issue is with the fact that Callow under Black is actually going pretty damn well (when you ignore the corrupt governers, whom she's allowed to stab), and rebelling would just be a terrible idea because even if the Legions get chased out, they'll burn the place down as they go. She just wants peace, whatever the cost. If you help her with that, I doubt she'd work against you in the slightest.

WHICH ONE OF YOU FUCKERS LET DIO INTO THE THREAD!

Does anyone have a copy of the Dredd jump saved?

Here's the one part of Pokemon I got done before my keyboard broke.
pastebin.com/suDfkiGe

Are there any perks that let you make gifts that are especially well-suited for the recipient?

We're all on Mr.Dio's Wild Ride.

So I've been reading that Praise The Orc story after it was suggested, now I cannot help but want to go to 40K and change the Orks to be like them. How would I go about doing so?

Santa jump has one.

Don't post builds for any jump.

I'd say "TOO BAD POSTING POKEMON SUN/MOON BUILD" but that's not out yet.

You win this time, user. This time.

Complete overhaul.

Breaking Bad
Origin: Drop-In
Perks:
Nerves of Steel
The One Who Knocks [400]
Tread Lightly [200]
No More Half Measures [100]
Creative Chemist [0]

Items:
Distinctive Hat

Posting Builds

So I have probably a colossally dumb question. I know very little about worms but from what I understand you can't really be a hero or rather villains are actually can be better heroes than the real heroes. I just wanted to ask why that was?

Your reverse psychology won't work on me!
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
Monster -100
Sculpting Free
Monster Spy Free
Alchemy -300
Monster-Matic -200
It's Morphin' Time -200
Grow My Monster -200

Damn. Your reverse psychology worked on me.

Cauldron keeping things the way they are in order to trigger more people and for their plan to kill Scion. Otherwise things 'might' be different.

#22 Generic Isekai
Origin: Reborn
Race: Monster (Imp)

Perks:
Accustomed
Regretful

Cheats:
Absorptive Stomach
The System
Upgrade

Companions:
Import OC Navah as a Human Noble Summoned
Perks:
Hero's Title, Heros Quest, Heros Light, Protagonists Charm, Empty Frame

Created Companion #1
Origin: Summoned
Perks:
Full Summoned perkline, Protag Charm, Gatekeeper

Created Companion #2
Origin: Summoned
Perks:
Full Summoned perkline, Protag Charm, Absorptive Stomach

Created Companion #3
Origin: Gamer
Perks:
Protag Luck, Protag Charm, UI, Thorough Research, the Grind, Absorptive Stomach

Drawbacks:
A Full Life

Both sides are full of assholes. The heroes are mostly well-meaning but the head of the Protectorate and PRT are corrupt, being the heads of Cauldron. Villains have more freedom in how they approach things. Independent heroes are just not all that important to the story, and they have to still be heroic, or they'll be treated as villains.

Fuck you.
>Jump 27 - Yūsha Gojo Kumiai Kōryūgata Keijiban
Class: Magician
Origin: Retired Hero
Starting World: Goetia

Perks:
-Exchange BBS (Free)
-Gone Fishing (Free)
-Notice Me Senpai!
-Immortality
-Sage of the Forest
-Pretty Boys Should DIE!
-Princely Charm
-Unshakable Resolve

Companions & Items:
-Party Call (Free)
-Magical Index
-Reserve of Star Alloy
-Dragon Edge (import Hammer)
--Demon Lords Name: Jugganok

Drawbacks:
-Senior Citizen (+0)
-The Ride Never Ends (+200)
-This Is Why Earth Primes Jumper Is (+200)
-Go To Jail (+100)

Ver 0.8 - Machine Import now has a note about self powered machines, did some minor edits here and there. Should be the final version if no one else has a problem with it.

Is there anything that allows you to manifest books and other media as if you had spent the time needed to develop them yourself?

God, I hate that sword. Make it a pen-sword or a comic panels-sword, not both. As it is, it's just a mess. The damn thing doesn't even pretend to have an edge to the blade.

Hell yes, got permission from Clover! That gives me permission from both the relevant Jumpmakers, and so here we are!

We are the inheritors of a shattered past, remnants of a civilization long lost. This is news to nobody. To the TSAB, guardians of the universe from the Lost Logia that threaten it, this phrase would simply be a reminder of all that has been lost, and the dangers left behind. For the citizens of Remnant, Huntsmen and Huntresses who protect their civilization from the predations of the Grimm, this is a dark fact of life, an understanding that whatever history may have been, there will be no victory in the strength it once possessed.

We are not alone in the universe. For some, this is a revelation. A sign of hope, that there is more than a world overrun with monsters, that there is a chance of freedom from the endless death and strife that rule the world. For others, a simple fact of life. There is nothing unique about meeting someone from another solar system, another dimension, another world. They are simply neighbors, standing by your side to protect all that remains after at least two apocalypses shattered civilization.

In one year, the TSAB ship, the Arthra, will crash land upon the surface of Remnant, and change that world forever.

The first draft of the Hazredous Interruptions jump is now up for review!

Also, will be here for about another hour, then I need to go to sleep for class first thing tomorrow. If I don't get a chance to reply to your comment, I will do my best to do so on the morrow.

>The damn thing doesn't even pretend to have an edge to the blade.
Mmm... Maybe that's a sheath?

Hit up the Warhammer Fantasy Orcs and Goblins Jump there's stuff for social engineering, harems, infrastructure, hierarchy establishment, and a back door into the WAAGH. O&G is actually pretty cool when it's all said, though it still has Gaunlet's weird wonky style to it.

It is not. If it was, and there was some iaido thing going on, that would be cool. Like of the pen-sword had to be sheathed in the comic panels to use the jutsu in each panel, I'd like that. As is, it's just a really awkward-looking sword.

So this is a jump of a RWBY/Nanoha crossover? Interesting. What does this offer that either setting alone wouldn't? Is there cool synthesis between concepts from each work?

For the Buffyverse jump, does it cover the events of the comics or just the show
I'm not terribly familiar with the timeline on the comics other than that they are the next "seasons"

I think the comics are considered non-canonical by most people. Fan wank whatever.

Mostly interesting takes on Aura, Semblances, and Dust in the context of Nanoha, as well as differences in who Salem is (since I REALLY doubt that the explanation is the same between this fic and RWBY canon) and who Ozpin is, as well as a take on the history of Remnant and the Grimm. I think it also settles on an explanation of Nanohatech.

Mostly though, I just really like the plot, and think it'd be cool to be there during it. I'm one of those weird jumpers who just really likes seeing cool things go down.

Charging people to add purely aesthetic effects to their Semblance seems excessive. It implies that there's a baseline appearance that the jump does not specify, and making it cost just to stand out visually goes against RWBY's defining core principle that everyone should stand out visually. I'd make that option free, personally.

>Imaginary Device
. . . .
Whelp that's going to be studied I guess.

WATCH ME.

Jump:
>NiGHTS Into Dreams

Background
>Rebel Nightmaren

Perks:
>You've Got Talent, Kid! (100cp)
>Intelligent Solution (200cp)
>Dreams, Dreams (Free)
>It Was Just A Bad Dream (100cp)
>The Death Of The Dreamer (200cp)
>Rogue First Level (300cp)

Items:
>Soundtrack (50cp)
>Figurines (50cp)
>Christmas Outfit (Free)
>Blue Chips (100cp)
>Persona Mask (200cp)

Companions:
>NiGHTS (300cp)

Drawbacks:
>Nightmare Slain (600cp)

Take over the world? Send innocent children into a nightmare unending? Serve an arrogant monster for all eternity?! No way in hell! Like NiGHTS, I decided to rebel against Wizeman, taking the other half of the Ideya of Courage that gave NiGHTS and I the power to be free of our creator. Alongside my sister (always saw NiGHTS as female), I fought against Wizeman and his Nightmaren, stopping his ambitions dead in their tracks several times. The two of us met and befriended many Visitors and Nightopians, who came to regard us as their heroes. It took a little bit of convincing, but I managed to get NiGHTS to come clean about our origins to the Visitors. They were shocked at first, but decided that we were still their friends and heroes, much to NiGHTS' joy.

We fought for a long time against Nightmare, and eventually after who knows how many years, we confronted Wizeman one last time. He was enraged, shocked, and for the first time in forever, terrified. He knew that if he lost this time, he would fade for good. So he fought us with everything he had. Dualizing together, we challenged the would-be god and slew him once and for all. We both thought that would be the end of us, but to our surprise we found that we were still alive. Naturally, we celebrated, despite our confusion, until a voice interrupted our jubilation. The voice said that it had been impressed by our heroism, and had an offer for us: to go to many different worlds, go on many new adventures, and battle many new evils.

We said yes.

Alright, sounds interesting. I don't really know enough about Nanoha to say how well the source material does what you say, but the jump looks pretty good. I'm liking the high degree of customization you're offering.

Isn't the base SFX for all Aura just outlining shit in a color?

>Aura
>Semblance
>Linker Core
I believe you mentioned last thread these differ form how they work in canon? Please detail those, and what they do in general, for people not familiar with either series.

>When In Doubt, Double Down
Interesting. How far does this "reduce" such effects, and how deep does the "weakening" clause go?

> Interestingly, these will update whenever you enter a new world.
Update... Update how?

Do we have a jump for Bodacious Space Pirates?

Aura, yes. Semblance, no.

>Strength Up
>Defense Up
>Speed Up
>Regeneration Up
How do multiple purchases stack?

Pyrrha's power begs to differ, in spite of its minimal screen time.

>Machine Import

Could I import an astromech droid from Star Wars or a SCV unit from Starcraft (presuming I bought them)?

>Youll need a way to figure out a power source--but you could figure something out. Youve got 200 Cycles and some good tools, plenty of time to think of something. Self powered machines do not need power.

First and third sentences seem a little redundant. Perhaps:

>Youll need a way to figure out a power source - but youve got 200 Cycles and some good tools, plenty of time to think of something. Or maybe you have a machine that already has one.

One data point does not a default make.

Pyrrha's power doesn't have a visual, the glowing points are for the audience's sake to represent her sense of what she's affected. Other people can't see them, if they could it wouldn't have taken so long for anyone to realize she has magnetic powers.

Don't most people just glow? The SFX is for if you want to get Ruby's whole "Bitch, everything I kill is rose petals, and also when I move it's rose petals, and and when I stand on a clifftop it's rose petals. EVERYTHING IS ROSE PETALS." or Yang's "I am a fucking super-saiyan and also, I AM ON FIRE!"

So Linker Cores seem to be canon Linker Cores. Aura is, in this setting, a special "Imaginary Device" that's attached to your linker core in order to auto-cast a specific set of spells without any mathematical input or any real training. Your Semblance is basically a Rare Skill that develops through the unique interactions between your Linker Core and that imaginary device.

>When in Doubt
It basically allows you to function normally in all the setting AMFs, but a true "Magic doesn't work here, bitch" would still reduce you to about 50% capacity.

>Update
... With new knowledge? Basically, they turn into the local equivalent of college level textbooks.

Linearly.

>Linearly
Not them, but for Defense Up, it's a percent. Could you purchase it 10x to get to 100%?

Hmm... Interesting. Though I meant that you should probably add that to the notes, and describe in the description itself what Aura and Linker Cores actually do.

Thanks.

As long as they aren't blatantly supernatural or magitech or magic it's fine. I don't think SCV units are forbidden, taking a glance over their wiki page. Astromech droids should be fine too.

Also that sounds like a good improvement.

Oh, didn't notice that one. For Defense up, it's multiplicative.
So first purchase means you take 90% damage.
2nd means you take 81%. (.9 * .9)
3rd means you take 73% (.9 * .9 * .9).

Sorry, I'll clarify that in the notes.

I'll clarify When In Doubt, but the Linker Core/Aura bits don't really seem to be that major, it's just a point of divergence between the fic and the canon. It doesn't actually change how anything works.

So how many people do you have in your harem jumpers? got a favorite?

Congratulations! Jumpchain has decided to make your dreams come true and is sendin you on a multiversal adventure, but there is a catch. For your first jump, Jumpchain will choose randomly from one of your builds, and if you dont survive your first jump you die for real. You cant change the build she randomly choose. If you for some reason havent made a build, she will choose from a random build posted in a random thread.

Will you say yes or decline the offer?

>Don't most people just glow?
Nope. The only people with Semblances that we've seen that glow when using them are Sun (glowing for the light that his clones form out of) and Adam (every red thing on him glowing). Everyone else gets a unique special effect. Rwby has the rose petals. Yang's hair catches fire. Blake has wisps of shadow coming off of her. Weiss's glyphs are the special effect and practical effect at once. Pyrrha has no visible effect, the glowing points of light are for the audience's benefit. Ren's colors become muted and desaturated. Nora crackles with pink electricity. Velvet has nothing visible, her Semblance is mental in nature. Flynt's clones appear blurring out of him. Neon leaves a speed trail of light like in Tron. Neopolitan has that shattering glass effect. Emerald's is mental illusions, so nothing visible from the outside. Glynda sometimes has the things she's manipulating with her telekinesis glow purple, but usually they just move around (given that her Aura is purple, that may be her reinforcing the action with Aura like how it's possible to strengthen blows that way). Winter has the glyphs like her sister. And Qrow's is just everything around him breaking.

>my only jump is Pokemon Trainer
I'm going to France, bitches.

A crossover fanfic jump? What a novel concept.

I'm feeling a bit inspired to make one of my own.

>From Dust to Dust
I find this perk quite vague, as if I'm supposed to be familiar with the fanfic's mechanics already. Could you elaborate on the consequences of using this ability?

>Magical Supercharge
So can I augment my own abilities with internal magic, or does this perk only refer to environmental magic? How about nearby magic that is, for example, stored in an object? Does large amounts of magic result in larger increases in power?

I don't choose favorites.

Right now I have five.

Sain
Diarmuid Alter
Cu Alter
EMIYA
EMIYA Alter
And Caster Gilgamesh

Still a shit story.

Actually that's six wtf

Okay, yes. But what I'm saying is this:

>Aura (100, Free Remnant): You possess training in the power known as Aura, and have gone so far as to awaken your Semblance. You receive an additional 500 SP for spending in the Semblance section only.
>Strength Up (100, Can be purchased multiple times): Although all Aura grants a passive increase to strength
>Defense Up (100, Can be purchased multiple times): Even though Aura comes with a natural forcefield effect
>Speed Up (100, Can be purchased multiple times): While the increased strength granted by an Aura naturally grants increased speed
>Regeneration Up (100, Can be purchased multiple times): Even though an Aura grants an inherent minor healing factor

Is what you have to describe Aura. Is it limited to that? From the description in the doc, it's not clear. Just briefly detail what Aura is/can do so people not familiar with the fanfic or the series it's based on know what it does.

Considering Aura stregnth is the same thing as your Linker Core rank, can you mix and match the purchases? (Spend 400MP to get to Rank S, then 200SP to move to SS?)

What's this from? This is hilarious

Accepted. The only build I've got to my name makes me into a Joestar with both the Spin, Ripple, and a Stand (Blue Oyster Cult). I'm pretty good all said.

0. It's just me and the Pokefriends, on a mission to take pictures and win battles.

Okay, I think I should clarify: SFX is for Auras where the SFX is NOT part of the actual effect. For Ruby, her semblance is super-speed, the rose-petals everywhere is completely unrelated. For Yang, hair glowing is unrelated to "punch me, I get stronger."
For most of the others though the SFX are just part of the actual effect. Nora's lightningy because she's being zapped. Blake's shadows are because she just dropped a shadow clone, and bits are still coming off her. Weiss's glyphs are (in this setting), because she's using a spell and they're the spell circle. Etc.

It creates "Dust" which is crystalized magic that can be used to supercharge or modify your other powers, and puts up an AMF to debuff anyone trying to use supernatural abilities in the nearby area.

>Supercharge.
Environemental magic, stored magic works, large amounts of magic = more power, yes.

OH! Okay, sure, I'll toss that into the notes or the Aura purchase perk, sure.

Yup. I could have sworn I mentioned that in the Linker Core Rank purchase? Was it unclear?

>This may be paid for in SP, MP, or a combination of the both. Your rank in this is equal to your Aura Strength.

I don't actually know.

Bring it on.

So we pick a jump and she picks a build (e.g. we pick Star Wars OT as our first jump and she picks our build for Death Note)? Or she picks a build and that's the jump that'll be our first?

If it's the former, sure, I'm cool with that. If it's the latter... yeah, no. I've done latechain builds for too many grimdark worlds. Nope nope nope.

The latter

Jumps that will probably never be made?

>The Flintstones
>Love Live
>Crazy Frog
>Lazy Town
>L.A. Noire
>The Simpsons
>The Jetsons
>Inspector Gadget

Do we get bodymod and warehouse going in?

I'm trying to find a jump.
It had a setting where the world's Nuclear Arsenal was detonated in the sky all at once in an event called the Fireworks, and an item that gave you a reserve stockpile of 200 hidden around the world in various places.

I cannot remember the name of the jump, or the jumpmaker. Help?

Black Crusade
World of Warcraft

Nope

In hindsight, I really should've seen you coming. Hey maybe don't piggyback off of me next time?

50+, and playing favorites is just stupid

Too lazy to up on my name

Eh, why the fuck not. Go Big or Go Home right?

Perks feel not entirely 1:1 lifted from their respective jumps, but close enough for me to go "did we need this?" cause it feels to double-upy

Cats is doing Simpsons, it is just taking a while because there's a lot to watch and he is taking a break.

For real? Neat.

Killer7

>Was it unclear?
Nope. Apparently I'm just blind. Thanks for pointing that out.

I see you remembered The Nutshack could only go on QQ, which is why you didn't list it.

Seriously just wait for someone to do a Siivagunner jump.

Eh? They do? Well shit. Any that feel particularly bad to you? I'll make my best attempt at drawing on other aspects of the crossover to try and make it feel separate.

No problem user, happens to me all the time!

Mega Man ZX. Also Mega Man Legends and Mega Man Star Force, probably.

Well played, user.

Jump #1 The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Race: Hylian
Background: Child of None

Perks

Great Grassy Goodies (Free Child of None)
High Definition ()
Undestined One (700, )
Life On The Waves (600)
Conquerors Power (0)

Gear

A Boat (Free)
Empty Jar ()
A Weapon Spear ()
Complimentary Coupon ()
Color Camera (Free Child of None)
Treasure Map ()

>Will you say yes or decline the offer?
Definitely yes, I never got deep enough into Jumpchain to have made many builds absolutely needed out of jump stuff to survive.

(well, besides the ability to use the warehouse)

Where is Reploid, anyway?

I think he left years ago.

Honestly on a reread its mostly just a perk or two on the capstone ends that are just sorta necessary components of the setting, plus the same affair with device/weapon customization.

I think its just inherent bias against crossover fic settings sinking in, you can probably ignore me on this one

I just keep two and the occasional mistress in whatever world we are in. This way I do't have to spread myself too thin.

Partway through the semblance section you start talking about 'summoning effects', which is the first mention of summoning in the doc. Is that meant to be another word for conjuration, or a separate type of semblance?

>World of Warcraft
We already have a jump for that on the drive, though. It is, however, getting a wonderful update. :^)

Where can I find a reasonably well fortified property to keep the inhabitants of low tech worlds from looting my shiny technology? I know I could leave it all in my warehouse but I like to actually live in settings without giving up my modern comforts.

Okay, phew, that's good. Yeah, I tried to go out of my way to avoid too much overlap, but some things are just... part of the setting. Nothing I can do about them. I think a few are actually different within the crossover and the original setting though, so hopefully that should help keep things different?

FFFFFFF- that's supposed to be conjuration. Goddamn it. Fixing.

Shouldn't the worked example for Nora's Semblance include Defense somewhere?

Challenge accepted! 283 jumps in and I always make my build to be stand alone. Rolled and jump 216 is bleach. I can stay out of the main fights and hide someplace... Fuck. I was a soul reaper there. But at least I get one Soul Reaper friend.

Granted my second roll was One Piece and I would have loved my time there. Too bad.

DC Occult, Alterworld D. Rus, Marvel Magic, Partially Kissed Hero, Dragonball GT, Metal Slug, The Incredibles (with some work on your part), etc.

Hell yeah, I like to make builds so I can get by using only In-Jump powers. I think I can manage.

Hellfire on a stick, yes. Fixing.

>Go to DOTA 2 and get Demonoplasty
>Then go to Shin Megami Tensei 1

So jumpers, what absurd shit can I do with these two perks in SMT1?

>Bodacious Space Pirates
Man, that'd be nice.