Say it with me:

Say it with me:
He did nothing wrong.

He did a lot of things wrong. He didn't do it without reasons, but he did do a lot wrong

There are so many things I can point out about Angron and Magnus. But Angron... oh my god the Emperor seriously fucked up with this one...

Angron did some things wrong but seriously the Emperor screwed him over

Did he ever try to overcome his past/shortcomings?
No?
Then he did something wrong.

He is easily the Primarch the Emps messed up the most - just teleport his friends up too for goodness sake

He did wrong and didn't tried to remove the nails, but embraced them, but he was a huge bro to Lorgar.

The Nails COULDN'T be removed. The Emperor attempted to, and the process would have killed Angron.

Madame President!

Angron would complain about having missed out on a glorious battle.

Honestly, Angron would have complained at all if he didn't get his fight. And if the Emps let him, Khorne would have just ascended him when he won against impossible odds.

The saddest part is, if the Emperor ever wanted a weapon, he had one in Angron.

The Emps should have used his own power to ascend Angron as a Champion of Himself.

He did nothing wrong. The wrong was done to him. You don't mistreat a snarling dog and then blame it when it starts biting.

The only wrong I can really think he did was pushing The Butcher's Nails on his Legion. You'd figure he would have been sick of the damned things, and kept them spared from their effects.

Then again, I'm not sure if they also willingly went after the nails in an attempt to emulate Angron.

>Could kill several aspect warriors before his teens
>Allowed himself to be enslaved and lobotomised
>Had to be babysitted or else 24/7
>Much best gladiator
>0 primarchs confirmed kills
>Hurr Durr I defeated Leman Russ,
>what do you mean he was holding back?
>What do you mean I lost by walking into a death trap?
>No lalalala I win REEEEEE!!!!
>Hurr Durr my warriors are the best
>No fair Guilliman's boys are killing them by goading them!
>Waaaah, I hate the Emperor because he didn't save my guys!!!!
>What do you mean I'm the only one that couldn't conquer his home planet despite the other growing in worst conditions?
Ra was right, he is a mongrel of a primarch.

Rating primarch by confirmed primarch kills is bullshit.

It pretty much leaves you with Horus and Fulgrim, and Fulgrim's second kill has been cleared off the board because of what happened lately.

No Primarch except for Sanguinius and Ferrus have been confirmed dead.

its also heavily implied in the horus heresy books that leman russ killed the two lost primarchs.
as far as the ranking go of deadliest primarch, you shouldn't take their kill counts against other primarchs because that is just dumb, take their actions from the fluff into account.

Heres the list of deadliest primarchs in a 1v1 fight
1. Angron- no contest, his sole purpose was to murder, nobody does it better
2. Leman russ- always on the front line leading the hunt, an absolute monster in combat
3. Fulgrim- perfection in combat, needed to be in combat more to truly shine though
4. Konrad Curze- use of terror and blender hands made him a beast, as well as front line action
5. Horus- even before chaos he was a force to be reckoned with, years of experience to help
6. The lion- devistating with a sword and a wrecking ball in close combat, shame he's a traitor
7. Sanguinius- not to bad in combat, but mediocre when combat to the top 3 on this list
8. Magnus- even with tzeetch behind him, couldn't beat leman, an ultra wizard to be sure though
9. Mortarian- hard to kill but he is slow and his skills can only take him so far
10. Vulkan- unkillable, but it doesn't help when you are a nice guy, sick wepons though

all other primarchs would be gods in combat against any opponent, but guys like perterabo, rogal dorn or alpharius were tacticians and used their mind to win battle and thats what made them so deadly, its up to you whether you think thats better or worse

With the fuckery of Vulkan coming back, and the body of sanguinius still around, its possibru for sol reconstruction. Ferrus is still hard fucked though.

>Implying Alpharius counts as a primarch
Dorn fags are literally boasting about a man beating up a child. Alpharius was weak as shit, it's not an accomplishment.

If Angron's pod had crash landed on ANY other planet he would have been fine.

>perterabo
>tacticians and used their mind to win battle
I don't think intentionally trying to have high casualties counts as good tactics.

Primarchs ware scattered by the Dark Gods. I am pretty sure Khorne decided that this one was good for his boy Angron.

He obviously wasn't mistaken.

Sanguinius matched Kurze when Sanguinius was in robes with a basic iron sword, and Kurze was all armed for bear, best Primarch should be up with Russ and Angron.

That's a very shit list.
Sanguinius beat a bloodthirster with his hands, how can he be stay in 6?

How can Russ be in 2 if the Lion put him to sleep with a punch and Magnus was only defeated because Russ had help from a vastly oversized army?

You do realize Russ had the sisters of silence with him so magnus was not at full power when fighting him and it still was close.

>Curze before Horus
>Fulgrim that high
>Sanguinius, Morty and Vulkan that low
shit list desu my boy Ferrus doesn't get enough love either

Primarch power rankings in terms of personal fighting ability.

Tier 1: Sanguinius, Angron, Horus
Tier 2: Lion, Russ, Fulgrim
Tier 3: Curze, Khan, Gulliman
Tier 4: Dorn, Perturabo, Ferrus
Tier 5: Vulkan, Mortarion, Corax
Tier 6: Magnus, Alpharius, Lorgar

First thing he did wrong was being born.
Kharn was much better than him.

That sounds about right

Considering all primarchs pre-chaotic boogaloo
>tier 1
Sanguinius, Angron, Lion
>tier 2
Curze, Fulgrim, Magnus, Horus
>tier 3
Mortarion, Guilliman, Dorn, Perturabo, Russ, Khan
>tier 4
Corax, Alpharius, Ferrus, Vulkan,
>tier bottom bitch
Lorgar

You might not like it, but that's how it is

If Mortarion is on there, the Khan should be as well. In Scars, one on one, no real advantages before the fight, they were on equal grounds, and it's implied the Khan was fast enough to fuck him up at the very end.

That's probably the best list I have seen on this shitpage.

Thanks guys.

I'm an Alpha legion player so I don't have much stake in the whole "my dad is stronger than yours" bullshit. That was my list as objectively as I could make it.

Bullshit, in Betrayer Bobby G was able to take on Logar AND Angron and damn near stopped an enraged Angron who was going ham because Girlyman broke the skulls of his fallen comrades.

Logar was distracted a bit because he was trying to get things set just right so he could trigger Angrons transformation.

Keep in mind the list only concerns even ground, white room duels
In that scenario, there are several things playing in Rowboat's favor:
- Angron is fucking stupid and getting crazy angry doesn't do wonders for tactical thought. He was basically a rbaid dog.
- Lorgar is so bad at everything he actively bogs down anyone on his side by sheer power of sucking so hard
- Guilliman was consciously using Angron's flaws to push him to error
- Guilliman's plot armor is made from an alloy of scenarium and plotium
An unprepared Guilliman against a mostly cool-headed Angron would be at a greater risk.
It's all very contextual.
Alpharius , for example could probably fuck up Angron if given prep time and a battlefield he knows, same as Curze or Corax
If you let Perturabo fortify and set traps, he could take on almost any of his brothers
The only one I'm pretty confident about always staying on top is Lion, since he cheats by being a precog

You do realise during the fuel the sisters weren't present because the fucking pit Magnus did just to have their own one on one fight no one but Russ's thunderwolves could interfere?

>Angron that high
First place should be Sangüinius and Horus only

>Kurze that high

I think there's something to be said about your post.

Fighting is indeed a thinking man's game. A smart or clever but able fighter will hold his own against or defeat an excellent if rather less intelligent fighter. In everything from boxing to mma, to fencing, to war.

Directing staff for special forces selection courses don't pick the dumb ones for a reason. Who cares if they're the toughest fucker in the course. If you can't teach them Pashto, electrical diagrams for demolition, or team tactics, then what's the point?

It was considered that Angron was the only primarch that could go toe to toe with Sanguinius. Hence why the traitors kept him around. That was his purpose after the civil war broke out, otherwise he was quite the liability. Kharn was a competent field commander and was much better suited for leading the legion.

He was sympathetic right up until he decided to inflict the nails, knowing full well how horrifying the are, on his own sons.

That's just primarch speculation we don't really know it's like stating how's better lion or kurze when different depictions of the fight change depending on the author, also Angron was trying it's hardest to kill Leman Russ when he was holding back to prove Angron a point, that he was too stupid a guidable to lead his warriors and himself to a death trap

Horus and Sanguinius were always considered to be the strongest, with Sang being the favorite. Lion was underestimated as fuck, he demolished Curze who was considered an elite fighter among the Primarchs, and did it in an impossibly impressive way. Even though Horus was certain Curze was stronger. The way psykers tend to be written, Magnus should have been able to kill the other 18 put together, and even on Prospero, where he was severely weakened due to his regret and the Sisters of Silence, he still destroyed Leman and was about to kill him before the interference by Leman's wolves. It's basically between these 4, with Horus being the obvious choice, Sang being the MVP, Lion being the vastly underestimated underdog, and Magnus severely jobbing, because he's supposed to basically be a mini-Emperor with sorcery.

>t.Alpharius

>No Primarch except for Sanguinius and Ferrus have been confirmed dead.

>Who is Curze?
>Who is Alpharius?

Curze canonically fucks up Dorn so bad the golden retard ends up on life support
He matches evenly with Lion for a long time before being stabbed by surprise
He's a fucking monster and if he can put in a sneak attack, it gets even worse
Didn't he mess up Russ too ?

>Curze canonically fucks up Dorn
To be fair, Dorn didn't expect his brother to have a full on autism attack out of nowhere and try to kill him.
>He matches evenly with Lion for a long time before being stabbed by surprise
He was standing, looking directly at Lion and taunting him before Lion crossed the distance between them and stabbed him through the stomach before he could react. There was nothing sneaky about it, Lion just decided to stop fucking around.
>He's a fucking monster
I agree.

This. Curze is one of the better primarchs in a fight, but Lion (my least favorite primarch) is better.

Kurze was only good fighting warriors lesser than him, when he faced equals he always got his shit pushed back

Is Russ really supposed to be that good? He fucked over Magnus yeah, but he got fucked hard and Magnus isn't well known for his fighting skills. And Russ had all the advantages of Sisters of Silence and his weird ass Wolves. Honestly despite all the talk about how the Space Wolves are supposed to be scary and powerful, they get fucked pretty hard by Thousands Son on the ground, then Alpha Legion in space, then Sons of Horus/World Eaters.

Literally just described Russ.

>First
Kurze and Dorn weren't fighting and that was the moment the others discovered kurze mental problems
>second
The lion fucked up kurze more times than the other way around and the lion only ever suckerpunched Kurze during his own speech of loyalty and bullshit
>third
I don't think they ever faced each other during the HH but Russ did defeat Magnus one on one.

>Faced Alpharius and force him to retreat
>Fought Magnus and defeat him
>Faced Angron and defeat him
>Literally hunted down greater daemons during the HH and defeated them
Sure thing user

The khan is probably the best combat primarch if he has his bike

Keked hard at the filename

t. Bangles player

I was going on straight up fighting ability. So a psychic lorgar would be immensely more powerful than his actual fighting ability would suggest. Same goes for Magnus. Likewise, Vulkan is immensely tough, but his actual fighting ability ain't that great compared to the other primarchs. It would be like putting a world's strongest man competitor (6'4" 300 lbs) vs an mma fighter (6' 180lbs). The sheer size and strength of the power lifter will even the odds considerably, but they're not a good fighter per se.

That's what I was ranking it on.

In Master of mankind it is shown that the big E wanted to fix Angron. When he saw it cant be done, he let him loose.
E did nothing wrong, Angron was a bitch
>muh friends
>muh death

Also, I do agree that Guilliman could potentially be higher on the list
After all, it did take *demon* Fulgrim to end him.
Still, he's considered one of the most brutal fighters of the primarchs
He did hold his ground against both Lion and Guilliman at some point, but can't remember when
Russ is basically an attack dog that needs a pack of betas at his back to do anything.
Alpharius' preferred method of fighting is literally retreat
Russ didn't even kill Magnus with a squad of Termie primarch-killers with him and Magnus casting a ritual while beating the shit out of him
Not hard to be smarter than Angron, even for sir Doggo
Primarchs wipe the floor with greater daemons on a regular basis
RUSS A SHIT

The Khan desperately needs more screen time, fucking BL.

If there was a list listing shitty lists, your list would be first on that list

Someone post what that one Cuckstode said about Angron while slaughtering his sons in the webway.
That shit was cash.

>Fighting is indeed a thinking man's game
That's war, fighting is mostly instinct, that's way fighters need to train.

> heavily implied
> implied
Russfags are the worst. Your furfag legion is the worst.

one admittance to the burn ward

>forcing Alpharius to ''''''''''retreat'''''''''' is an achievement
>Magnus was literally about to kill him and Russ had to be bailed out by outside interference, this was all done while Magnus' power was reduced by his mental anguish and while he was dividing his attention and power between defending the last survivors of Prospero, casting a ritual, and beating the shit out of Russ
>Angron was literally about to kill him in single combat
>Fucking LORGAR killed the mightiest of greater daemons
It sure is.

>Alpharius' preferred method of fighting is literally retreat
>Have the chance to kill a primarch
>LeL I better retreat
Sure thing user, the master assassin primarch couldn't do it, it's not like he wasn't killed by a primarch that wasn't even know for frontal assaults
>Russ didn't even kill Magnus with a squad of Termie primarch-killers with him and Magnus casting a ritual while beating the shit out of him
The figth was one Vs one, with them beyond the sisters of silence aura reach, then the wolves getting involved in the last second by jumping the pit of death Magnus created to prevent the sisters from even have effect in the surrounding area, he was a fucking magic giant primarch you can't blame on the wolves for his defeat he was a shit combatant and Russ was also reluctantly killing Magnus so though luck, Magnus did lost the battle against Leman Russ
>Not hard to be smarter than Angron, even for sir Doggo
>Primarchs wipe the floor with greater daemons on a regular basis
So? They're next to equal to them.
>RUSS A SHIT
Angron, Alpharius and Magnus are canonly worst than him.

Since we're going for full-on primarch wanking...
What team of 4 primarchs (souped-up Horus excluded) would you assemble to kill the Emperor ? With all canon loyalists and traitors to choose from.
>bonus points: assign a Chaos God to each of your picks (can be the same several times)

The Emperor could have killed all 19 at once without breaking a sweat. Hell, even Super Horus got obliterated by a single attack, and Big E was basically soup when he decided to kill him.

Angron, Magnus, Lion and Sanguinius

Can a non-chaos Horus primarch eaven kill Emperor?
I think they can hate him, but Im sure E has some failsafe against all of them

>tzeentch alpharius
Because let's be real here, psykic alpharius would be nuts
>Khorne sanguinus
Because winged death machine
>nurgle ferrus manus
Let's be real here, ferrus doesn't need to be tougher to kill, and burgle does just that.
>slaanesh fulgrim
That sick k/d ratio. Horus could also work.

>Angron (Khorne)
>Sanguinius (Khorne)
>Lion (Khorne)
>Curze (Khorne)
SO. MUCH. BLOOD.

I agree, but with Perturabo for Slaanesh, just to change things up.
Play a lot less the depravity aspect and more the "striving for perfection" angle

Also a nurglite Dorn would be pretty fucking awful

spotted the powergamer.

>forcing Alpharius to ''''''''''retreat'''''''''' is an achievement
>Alpharius with a fresh and ready psssht nothing personnel kid legion couldn't kill the depleted and exhausted space wolves
>Magnus was literally about to kill him and Russ had to be bailed out by outside interference, this was all done while Magnus' power was reduced by his mental anguish and while he was dividing his attention and power between defending the last survivors of Prospero, casting a ritual, and beating the shit out of Russ
>Super duper mega primarch hyper fueled with magic huice was about to win for reals
>Everything undone by two giant wolves
Yeah Magnus a shit
>Angron was literally about to kill him in single combat
>About to kill him
>Would had died before being within arm's reach because he walked inside a dead trap ready to kill him before he could accomplish anything
>Implying he didn't joined Lorgar to convince him to join chaos

No you put it to rest because you can't have a dog that tries to murder everyone it sees.
Emps was just a sentimental old sod who didn't want to see his son wasted so he let him kill until he would eventually die.
He then CHOSE to be a bitch about being a galactic super warlord.

Slaanesh Lion (perfection instead of depravity)
Tzeench Alpharius (psychic augmented Alpharius Oregon would be hard to outmaneuver)
Khorne Sanguinius (obviously).
Undivided Dorn (the resolute soldier to tie them all together).

>Emps was just a sentimental old sod
He isn't according to BL

On a side note, what books should I read to see more of Lion ?

By that logic lorgar should he among best the fighters beating the top bloodthirster and having hax psyker shit

>>About to kill him
>>Would had died before being within arm's reach because he walked inside a dead trap ready to kill him before he could accomplish anything

Russ said Angron would've killed him, and then said something like "If I die, then Two legions would've lost their primarchs."

Angron still won fur fag.

Was Angron a DP at that point? Or was he half-dead from the nails?

>Literally hunted down greater daemons during the HH and defeated them
When was this?

That was Sang, but Lorgar transfigured was pretty badass.

It was also implied, can't remember which book, that Sanguinius and Angron had sparred and that Angron was one of the few to go toe to toe with fabulous hawk boy

Half death by the nails so yeah it was a losing battle for Angron, Angron fags like to delude themselves

>When was this?
Bjorn's mention this in the audiobook were he kills the Bloodthirster that killed his whole squad.

Well, Lorgar Transfigured trashes any other Primarch in combat on tabletop....

I think Horus edges him out and Russ puts him down.

>If I die, then Two legions would've lost their primarchs.
Russ confirmed for canadian

Oh, he did plenty wrong. And Angron is one of my favorite characters.

>t. Omegon

>No Ferrus Manus.
What?

I oddly like Angron. He's got no pretension. He's the only primarch that hates his legion treating him as special. He knows he's fucked up and that makes him one of the most human primarchs along with Perty.

I don't think being a twisted boi with nails in your skull that drastically shape your decision-making is necessarily a very human quality. Personally, I think the most truly human is Vulkan.

Vulkan isn't really human though.
He's very messianic and exhibits self-control and abnegation far beyond the common human behavior. Sure he's more "humane", but even if he's a better person, he is arguably less human than bitter and spiteful Perturabo or deluded and blind Lorgar.

Well..I dunno about Messianic, tho. He's still my favorite, tho.

Being bitter and spiteful is a very human thing to be

>He's still my favorite, tho
and that's perfectly okay with me, boyo
that was my point, yes

>>Everything undone by two giant wolves
>literally primarch-tier wolves
>ignoring all the other disadvantages Magnus had

>That was Sang
Lorgar killed An'ggrath, the greatest Bloodthirster. Sang destroyed Ka'Bandha, a top tier Bloodthirster.

Perturabo is definitely up there in terms of being human.He's the only Primarch who doesn't want to wage war at all, but is forced to because the Emperor makes him. And so he decides to go to the very extreme so that if he doesn't like war, no one else can either. Poor guy just wanted to make pretty buildings.

Hahaha, holy shit, the mental gymnastics traitorfags go through never cease to astound me. ADB, is that you?