media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA_FiendishOptions.pdf

>Trove:
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous Thread
This is hugely important information. We know pretty much know the exact content of the book.

Other urls found in this thread:

dndbeyond.com/members/BadEye/articles
web.archive.org/web/20171016180500/https://www.dndbeyond.com/members/BadEye/articles
donjon.bin.sh/
youtube.com/watch?v=w-riMfi8eio&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

for Forge Cleric preview
for XGE leak

I want to include some intrigue in my game, lords fighting amongst each other, backstabbing, threats, bribes etc. I've never actually done this before in a game. What are some things I should keep in mind, and how can it be done well? My players like combat and roleplaying about equally.

where were you when stone sorc was kill?

Maybe it just says "you can sleep in armor just fine. It's often more comfortable than sleeping on the ground."

Twilight Druid didn't make it :/

what your thoughts on tiefling tail going down their butt and wrapping around their thigh.
>Tail thigh ring.
How much space does the tail take?

yeah, I'm sure it's that and not martials being screwed over yet again.

Remember that an average city guard, soldier and a knight are very low CR. Remember that a lot of problems can be solved by magic. Solve those issues somehow.
I remember some fag a few weeks ago came here complaining that his 15+ level PCs are for some reason way too powerful for his extremely low-power plot and setting to handle, with such things as Teleport or Raise Dead breaking his game.

Don't be that guy.

Let's just list some interesting things that people have asked about
>Adamantine Weapons.
>Perceiving a Caster at Work | Identifying a Spell | Invalid Spell Targets
and new magic item distribution and tables.

That's because Twilight is a Loremaster Wizard.

It's an optional rule

good

How reliable is this? What exactly is the source

you say that like it invalidates what I said.

How do I strike a good balance between,a setting being consistent and a setting having a good variety of monsters, races, and interesting things for the players to discover? I have a hard time feeling like the world is either overcrowded or too empty

>Perceiving a Caster at Work
>Identifying a Spell
Guess Crawford got fed up with people asking about Counterspell on Twitter.

>It's often more comfortable than sleeping on the ground
>tfw that's true but caster grogs who've never spent a day outside of their mother's lilac-scented beds will insist it must be horseshit
Someone finally pointed out that their most oft-suggested "fix" for sleeping in armor, "give it an exhaustion level", is nullified by taking a long rest to begin with. So obviously it needs a new penalty.

Why? If they just reworded to make it not broken with magic missiles it would have been great

>implying the problem with loremaster was the amount of damage it dealt.

I don't understand the hexblade. Who are these sentient weapons and how are they powerful enough to have warlocks? Does the warlock wield the magic weapons? Can someone give me the deets?

>Circle of the shepherd made it
FUCK
>Gloom stalker
Uh, what? That's the stupidest name ever.

>Party is looking for [big ancient power]
>So are several other "big players" in the world (king, archdevil, a few others)
>Where can you get ancient secrets from ages forgotten? Orium Dragons!

My question is, how do I play out an encounter with a dragon, and make it interesting. The party needs to work with the dragon (or at least have that option) but I want a tense encounter with it at first. Does it engage combat and then back off and try to strike a bargain?

Should the dragon be beyond the normal CR for the party?

Why hasn't anyone else found and worked with this dragon?

nigga coulda just been clear in his responses to begin with instead of being a cheeky "read the book" cunt like always

>Path of the Zealot

>Uh, what? That's the stupidest name ever.

I don't know what was wrong with "Deep Stalker".

>implying I'm talking about relative balance

to be fair, people need to read the fucking book before asking stupid questions.

>we wanted to make Dark Stalker not specific to the UnderDARK

>Tying knots
fucking FINALLY

What if I'm in a dark place that isn't deep underground

I think Gloom Stalker might be them removing the "ONLY FROM UNDERDARK" parts of the fluff

Think the One Ring (with warlocks being nazghuls), or Frostmourn (death knights), or Soul Edge (Tira and Nightmare). In DnD, such weapons would be Blackrazor, Sergei's sunblade and other stuff.
>Does the warlock wield the magic weapons
No.

>tfw no Loremaster Wizard

Now some people think that you're supposed to have magic weapons or that +to hit is easy to come by. I think those people are wrong, so I did this Experiment from the DMG.
>You can hand out as much or as little treasure as you want.
Yes, DMG, but for the sake of example, I'm going to do exactly what you're about to tell me instead. Like, actually do it.
>Over the course of a typical campaign, a party finds treasure hoards amounting to seven rolls on the Challenge 0- 4 table, eighteen rolls on the Challenge 5- 10 table, twelve rolls on the Challenge 11- 16 table, and eight rolls on the Challenge 17+ table
Ok. Here goes. 0-4: output 3: 24, 42, 45, 39, 18, 12, 69
>125GP art, 70GP gems+1d6 tA, 125GP art +1d6 tA, 70GP gems+1d6 tA, 125GP art, 70GP gems, 125GP art+1d4 tB.
Rolling gets me 3+3+3 on table A and 4 on table B.
Table A+B: output 3: 26, 21, 5, 8, 99, 85, 48, 63, 89/ 18, 82, 18, 80.
>Potion of healing, Potion of healing, Potion of healing, Potion of healing, Bag of Holding, Spell Scroll (1st), Potion of healing, Potion of Climbing, Spell Scroll (1st) from table A
>Potion of Fire Breath, Philter of Love, Potion of Fire Breath, Elemental Gem from table B.
--End 0-4--
14700CP, 7350SP, 490GP
710 GP in valuables
(5) Potion of healing, (2) Spell Scroll (1st), (2) Potion of Fire Breath, Potion of Climbing, Philter of Love, Elemental Gem in expendables
Bag of Holding in durables.

No surprises here, but everyone loves the bag of holding. It'll help you transport the huge piles of copper you get in these hoards. (avg 420 pounds of copper, 21 pounds of silver, and 14 pounds of gold each.)

>dndbeyond.com/members/BadEye/articles
Somebody archieve this.

don't worry, user, I'm sure War wizard will be busted as shit.

Firstly, Orium dragons are the best amd,my,favorite.

Secondly, I would have it lead off more diplomatically. Orium dragons are all about knowledge, and most likely will start by trying to figure out where the PCs are from and what they know. Their goal is to try and persuade it not to attack them once it concludes that they don't know anything valuable.

I would put it at their CR, but give it some sort of servants so a direct fight is unwise, at least not without planning. As for why nobody else deala with it, Orium Dragons hoard knowledge. The previous attempts to steal its knowledge were dealt with accordingly.

Part 2
5-10: output 3: 10, 41, 18, 46, 86, 51, 92, 26, 3, 85, 6, 32, 95, 15, 64, 75, 2, 60
>125GP art, 1250GP art+1d6tA, 1000GP gems, 125GP art+1d4 tB, 500GP Gems+1d4 tF, 500GP gems+1d4 tB, 1250GP art+1d4 tF, 1250GP art, -, 500GP Gems+1d4 tF, 125GP art, 125GP art+1d6 tA, 500GP gems +1d4 tG, 500GP gems, 125GP art+1d4 tC, 125GP art+1 tD, -, 1250GP art+1d4 tB.
Rolling gets me 6+4 table A, 4+4+2 table B, 1 table C, 1 table D, 3+4+1 table F, and 3 table G.

Table A: output 3: 4, 99, 87, 98, 98, 22, 98, 10, 100, 58
>Potion of Healing, Bag of Holding, Spell Scroll (1st), Potion of Greater Healing, Potion of Greater Healing, Potion of Healing, Potion of Greater Healing, Potion of Healing, Driftglobe, Spell Scroll (Cantrip)
Table B: output 3: 6, 4, 19, 75, 3, 81, 84, 4, 41, 93
>Potion of greater healing, Potion of greater healing, Potion of Fire Breath, Dust of Disappearance, Potion of greater healing, Elemental Gem, Alchemy Jug, Potion of greater healing, Potion of Hill Giant Strength, Mithral Armor (rolled chain shirt)
Table C+D: output 3: 27, 70
>Ammunition +2, Potion of Flying
Table F: output 3: 32, 41, 51, 69, 70, 94, 63, 32
>Broom of Flying, Hat of Disguise, Staff of the Adder, Bag of Tricks (gray), Bag of Tricks (rust), Ring of Mind Shielding, Wand of Web, Broom of Flying (yes two.)
Table G: output 3: 57, 92, 54
>Armor of Resistance (leather), Wand of Binding, Ioun Stone (sustenance)
--end of 5-10--
12600CP, 126000SP, 37800GP, 1890PP
9250 GP in valuables.
(3) Potion of Healing, (7) Potion of Greater Healing, (2) Spell Scrolls (Cantrip, 1st), Potion of Fire Breath, Dust of Disappearance, Elemental Gem, Potion of Hill Giant Strength, A +2 Arrow/Bolt/Bullet, Potion of Flying in expendables.
Bag of Holding, Driftglobe, Alchemy Jug, Mithral Chain Shirt, (2) Broom of Flying, Hat of Disguise, Staff of the Adder, (2) Bags of Tricks (gray, rust), Ring of Mind Shielding, Wand of Web, Wand of Binding, Armor of Resistance (leather), Ioun Stone (sustenance) in durables.

None of my favorite Warlock subs made it.

Why can't there be a good-aligned patron that isn't based on healing? Seeker was an awesome idea

You are still deep in darkness.

Are you going to just give them this information?

Maybe the dragon wants help taking over a bigger/better ancient construction, in exchange for the new information? Maybe it wants some Yuan-ti slaves?

web.archive.org/web/20171016180500/https://www.dndbeyond.com/members/BadEye/articles
Like this?

I just want an option for generalist wizard, man.

Treasure hoards now average (14 pounds copper, 140 pounds silver, 42 pounds gold, and 2.1 pounds platinum)

Part 3
11-16: output 3: 32, 15, 52, 59, 21, 20, 72, 36, 69, 80, 88, 15
>1250GP art+1d6 tC, 10000GP gems, 1250GP art+1d4 tD, 5000 GP gems+1d4 tD, 3750GP art+1d4 tA+1d6 tB,3750 GP art+1d4 tA+1d6 tB, 5000GP gems+1 tE, 3750GP art+1d6 tC, 3750GP art+1 tE, 5000GP gems+1 tF+1d4 tG, 3750GP art+1d4 tH, 10000GP gems
Rolling those gets me 2+4 table A, 2+1 table B, 5+3 table C, 1+2 table D, 1+1 table E, 1 table F, 3 table G, 3 table H
Table A+B: output 3: 96, 59, 85, 53, 43, 35/ 61, 9, 34
>Potion of Greater Healing, Spell Scroll (cantrip), Spell Scroll (1st), Spell Scroll (cantrip), Potion of Healing, Potion of Healing, Spell Scroll (3rd), Potion of Greater Healing, Ammunition +1
Table C+D: output 3: 8, 95, 78, 11, 78, 63, 52, 2/ 96, 40, 31
>Potion of Superior Healing, Folding Boat, Oil of Etherealness, Potion of Superior Healing, Oil of Etherealness, Potion of Mind Reading, Potion of Stone Giant Strength, Potion of Superior Healing, Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments, Potion of Speed, Potion of Speed
Table E, F, G, H: output 3: 43, 89/ 98/ 46, 67, 63/ 58, 31, 65
>Potion of Storm Giant Strength, Universal Solvent, Stone of Good Luck, Helm of Teleportation, Ring of Free Action, Periapt of Proof Against Poison, Belt of Fire Giant Strength, Rod of Security, Cloak of Arachnida.
--end of 11-16--
168000GP, 21000PP
56250GP in valuables
(2) Potion of Greater Healing, (4) Spell Scrolls (2 cantrip, 1st, 3rd), (2) Potion of Healing, +1 Ammo, (3) Potion of Superior Healing, (2) Oil of Etherealness, Potion of Mind Reading, Potion of Stone Giant Strength, Nolzur's Marvelous PIgments, (2) Potion of Speed, Potion of Storm Giant Strength, Universal Solvent in expendables.
Folding Boat, Stone of Good Luck, Helm of Teleportation, Ring of Free Action, Periapt of Proof Against Poison, Belt of Fire Giant Strength, Rod of Security, Cloak of Arachnida in durables.

>Perceiving a Caster at Work | Identifying a Spell | Invalid Spell Targets | Areas of Effect on a Grid

I'm hype for it. This could end a lot of internet arguments.

>tying knots
This better give me rules for actually restraining creatures in combat, in a way that cuts off somatic components.

lorewizard wasn't a generalist, it was Let's-fuck-all-other-casters-wizard

>Seeker was an awesome idea
I know the feeling user, I was really hoping for it to make it in

Treasure hoards average (280 pounds of gold and 35 pounds of platinum)

Part 4
17+: output 3: 15, 50, 27, 82, 85, 26, 63, 98
>10000GP gems+1d6 tD, 10000GP gems+1d6 tE, 12500GP art+1d6 tD, 10000GP gems+1d4 tI, 10000GP gems+1d4 tI, 12500GP art+1d6 tD, 15000GP art+1d6 tE, 20000GP gems+1d4 tI.
Rolling those gets me 4+2+3 table D, 3+2 table E, 4+4+3 table I.
Table D: output 3: 90, 19, 23, 15, 66, 37, 63, 15, 55
>Spell Scroll (8th), Potion of Supreme Healing, Potion of Invisibility, Potion of Supreme Healing, Oil of Sharpness, Potion of Speed, Oil of Sharpness, Potion of Supreme Healing, Spell Scroll (7th)
Table E: output 3: 10, 85, 44, 98, 28
>Spell Scroll (8th), Spell Scroll (9th), Potion of Storm Giant Strength, Arrow of Slaying, Spell Scroll (8th)
Table I: output 3: 3, 41, 45, 35, 60, 59, 2, 73, 61, 38, 9
>Defender, Vorpal Sword, +2 Breastplate, +1 Plate, +3 Leather, Defender, +2 Studded Leather, +1 Plate, Staff of the Magi, Hammer of Thunderbolts.
--End of 17+--
336000GP, 224000PP
100000GP in valuables
(5) Spell Scrolls (7th, 3 8th, 1 9th), (3) Potion of Supreme Healing, Potion of Invisibility, (2) Oil of Sharpness, Potion of Speed, Potion of Storm Giant Strength, Arrow of Slaying in expendables.
(2) Defenders, Vorpal Sword, +2 Breastplate, (2)+1 Plate, +3 Leather, +2 Studded Leather, Staff of the Magi, Hammer of Thunderbolts in durables.

Treasure hoards average (840 pounds of gold and 560 pounds of platinum) straining both your bags of holding. Glorious. Also, the floodgates unload a torrent of magical weapons at last.

Fucking WoTC nerfed my PC mid-campaign

>An invisible creature is impossible to see without the aid of magic or a special sense. For the purpose of hiding, the creature is heavily obscured. The creatures location can be detected by any noise it makes or any tracks it leaves.
Do you know the location of a creature that is invisible yet makes no noise and leaves no tracks?

>tfw no rules for tying a creature's fucking face to cut off verbal components
Thankfully putting a bag over peoples' heads achieves much of the same thing since it's always "a creature / space you can SEE", but still

I was pulling for the ravenqueen

I hope they buff mine.

>he's not throwing flour into the air

its a fantasy realm man
just fill it to the brim with weird shit

That explanation really sold me on it. Thanks

What happened? Is the DM just saying 'well it's different in the new official material so now it overrides the old stuff.'

There are ways you could probably detect them, but this is for the fact that usually the only way to conceal your position on the map is to take the 'hide' action.

many people use UA with the understanding from their GM that their character will conform to any official updates of that class/subclass

many people don't

And collected the links together for easy reference. No surprises there's no magic weapons at level 1-4. Level 5-10 sees a lot of useful magical effects, but the only magic weapon is arguably the staff of the adder. Level 11-16 adds more power with the belt of giant strength and the stone of good luck, but avoids any actually magical weapon. The helm of teleportation joins the brooms of flying in fucking with the GMs adventures and the Rod of Security lives up to its name by negating all sense of danger once every 10 days. Finally, level 17+ rolls around and just sprays awesome magic shit everywhere. You could dual wield defenders and still have enough legendary weapons for everyone. Except the archers. They're screwed.

Trump please go.

Roleplay-wise, no, I guess?
Mechanically, you're probably taking the hide action and beating each creature's Passive Perception

Forge cleric makes war cleric mostly irrelevant at later levels considering its capstone is the best thing about it and that forge cleric has more survivability for fightain

Seriously what's with this AC stacking shit
>You can give your item +1 AC
>Then you also get +1 AC
>Then you get fire resistance
>Oh but also you then get fire immunity
>And then also resistance to physical

Why didn't they fix that level 6 fucking feature?

You don't have to conceal your position if it was never known in the first place, but if your position is already known and you're moving around, casting spells, etc you can't just say, "but I'm making no noise. Whaaaaaa."

It's not easy, being the best.

If you're in an area of silence and are flying / have pass without trace you simply move from your position you shouldn't have any reason you should have to take the hide action

So what determines whether or not the Dragon is aggressive after conversation. I mean, obviously the players are going to be all "I make diplomacy checks!" etc, but do they maybe need to offer the dragon something specific?

...y-you determine whether its aggressive or not?

>You round the corner and everyone goes dead silent but the pounding of your own heartbeat.
>Looking around, you don't see any sign of the wizard
>A intermittent breeze softly blows into your face, carrying with it the rank odor of unwashed ass
>You can't be sure, but it seems like the invisible flying wizard in a corridor of silence is hover-teabagging you.

>So what determines whether or not the Dragon is aggressive after conversation
You do. It's your dragon.

Sure. I guess I meant,
what parameters should this be based on? I get that if the players immediately try to fight it, it will be aggressive, but what are some good reasons the players might have for the dragon NOT to roast 'em

Hear me out, gentlemen:
A party made up of Yuan-Ti Purebloods.

>but what are some good reasons the players might have for the dragon NOT to roast 'em
Make sure to strongly hint the party to do at least some of the following things
>Don't invade the dragon's lair uninvited. Have the decency to at least announce you're here.
>Bring bri... Gifts.
>Flatter him, just like Bilbo flattered Smaug
And that's just how to not get killed. Cutting out a deal is a whole other business.

I don't know, what determines if a human is aggressive? Dragons are people too, user.

Better idea - a party out of lizardfolk, yuanti-, kobold and dragonborn.

So any good free map making programs?

>Good
Nope

We knew it was coming, but I suppose RIP planeteers is still in order.

Would arch fey warlock/ranger (revised) multiclass work?
I want to do a cowboy elf and it seem like a cool combo, but it is good ?

you could give the party some knowledge that the dragon might want
they could use that as a bartering chip

Map as in world map or dungeon maps?
None are amazingly good, but:
>Both
donjon.bin.sh/
>World Map
Hexographer
>Dungeon
Dungeongrapher
Dungeon Painter

just torrent photoshop
its a good program to have regardless of what you are using it for
also having photoshop experience looks great on a resume

>Flour
>Not peppersand
ShiggityDiggity

First of all, this may be a bit MAD, but Ranger can be ok without much Wisdom.
Need more info, though. Are you maining warlock or ranger? Blade/Chain/Tome?

Level 3 Warlock, looking for advice on multiclassing. I'm thinking of either Bard or Sorcerer since they're both Charisma casters, but I also have high Int so I could go Artificer or Wizard.

My stats are 8, 12, 14, 17, 12, 18. Should I hit 4 for the ASI or 5 for the Level 3 pact spells then go to another class or go into it now?

Which class has the best synergy/gives me the best utility?

My party consists of me, a Swashbuckler Rogue, a Life Cleric, and a Devotion Paladin.

Sorry for all the questions!

>he thinks you can ignite peppersand with your torch and explode the air elemental you just filled with finely ground flour particulates

Maining warlock, blade, and beast from ranger
Also what do you mean with MAD?
The magazine?

>where were you when stone sorc was kill?
Heaven

But it takes place in a very cold setting, so they're all constantly in danger of freezing to death because they're cold-blooded.

anybody got the lost articles of greyghast pdf?
went to the pdf share thread to no avail

War Wizard video with Crawford!

youtube.com/watch?v=w-riMfi8eio&feature=youtu.be

Multiple Attribute Dependency
Requiring several stats to be effective.
>i'm a caster tank so i need Str to hit, Con to not die, and Int/Wis/Cha to do my magic shit

>someone gets Prestidigitation and uses "warm up to a cubic foot of non-living material for an hour" for a minute or two every hour to make everyone's clothing toasty

The key word is AMOUNTING to. Yeah, when you actually roll you're going to get very few magic weapons, because they make up a minority of the items on the tables.
The fact that Monks and Druids both get innate magical weapons (ki-empowered strikes, shillelagh, primal strikes), and the high number of resistances to non-magical weapons at high levels shows that, yes, you are supposed to get magic weapons.

>Pick a playtest beta class
>Surprised when it gets changed
This is why my table bans UA unless the player has a track record of being a good player you can work with.

Not retarded monkeys, who gets annoyed when they get (100% justified) nerfs.

Chronicle of the Raven Queen is probably the coolest invocation I saw come out of UA. I hope it's included in XGE for tomelocks

>I want to play untested beta test material
>What do you mean it is getting updates and I get nerfed, can't I just keep playing the unbalanced version instead?
My That Guy senses are tingling.

>my table agrees 100% with WotC's balance decisions