This here thread's for goblins only! Whatever your genre, it's strictly goblin. Goblin pics, goblin stories...

This here thread's for goblins only! Whatever your genre, it's strictly goblin. Goblin pics, goblin stories... whatever the setting, it better be gobliny

Only Goblins here boss.

that's a damn funny name for a goblin, Aninq! change it before the boss finds out!

single ladies goblins are goblins too

Enough with the small, cartoonish, funny goblins.

I want the grotesque, repulsive, scary goblins back.

for all my days, I still think Stinknife is my go to goblin name

I think I can only meet you halfway

so this idea got some early advice on here, but I've written up Gobblin', an rpg book and d12 system about goblins going from a fantasy world into a post-apocalyptic earth and seeing what they can steal, eat and blow up in this uninhabited wasteland.

you can check it out at www.goblin.house

Very first adventure I put together never got played. Basically it was a raid on an apartment building that became a goblin lair. The apartment building was old and broken down and had been condemned.

First floor had a giant pile of goblin shit. You could see that the floors above were more then 75% gone, and had just little bits of floor around the edges. The goblins had been shitting into the hole for months. Anyone who searches the pile of goblin shit will find the +1 dagger of shitting. Works as a +1 dagger but every time you use it you make a constitution saving throw. If you fail, you shit your pants, no matter whether you've pooped that day or not. The goblins all thought this was great fun, and spent time stabbing their friends and shitting more into the pile. First floor has a couple old and feeble goblins as guards.

Second floor is mostly hole, but with a rope dangling in the center that can't be reached from the first floor. If anyone tries to use the rope to climb up to the third floor or swing across the hole, a goblin above will cut the rope and the player will fall into the shitpile.

The door to the third floor is stuck. The solution is to take the door off of its hinges. There is only a narrow ledge behind the door. Anyone who tries to break down the door by running at it will burst through the door and fall through the hole into the shitpile.

Continue stupid traps like this until you get to the top floor and find the goblin queen. She has basically been sitting on the top floor and demanding her goblin butler bring her food and cheap jewelry and makeup while she pops out babies. When the players reach the top floor 2 things happen.
1. the goblin butler throws himself out of the window and probably dies
2. the goblin queen gives birth to a hobgoblin. The hobgoblin is a VERY quick learner and will basically take on the qualities of his environment. If the party takes him away, they will have a very strong and smart friend if they see to his education. If they kill the queen in front of him or leave him with the goblins, he will grow up fast with a burning hatred for heroes. If they kill the baby hobgoblin, I guess that's it - just assumed my players wouldn't kill a baby, but that may be giving them too much credit.Anyway, the whole building should have goblins all over, and the point is to cover the party in blood and shit and viscera.

that's always the real kicker with goblins: shitty and hilarious for those first few adventures, then just kind of left aside at the bottom of the monster food chain

so some kind of modern agents/investigators game with the apartment?

Goblin carries a certain magic to it, unlike something like orc. A goblin is something that will steal children or sleep in a river of spider webs.

I like Warhammer Fantasy's Goblins, Night Goblins are awesome looking.

Do you connect goblins and hobgoblins together biologically?

I always imagine hobgoblins are technically a different species, but close enough that they're basically just "a goblin who's actually strong and competent." Like a goblin would call an accomplished goblin warrior or hero a hobgoblin as much as an actual genetic one

Shanghai'd / deputized into the police force. It was more Discworldy than anything modern, but being sent out on police calls allowed for structure if the party wanted it.

I have this idea that if goblins are wicked asshole children, like Lord of the Flies or the Lost Boys, Hobgoblins are like wicked asshole teenagers, listening to authority only when it suits them, hormonal little shits that want to fight and fuck all the time, dress in certain trends and socialize in cliques, and cow to peer pressure all the time.

G O B L I N S

Not him, but I'm OK with this.

Am I weird for finding gobbos...sexy?

while they can be curvy based on your design, I think it's the social stigma that makes it happen. they're dirty, lowly, classless, shameless scavengers. stooping to that level sort of hits a certain appeal

Hey guys, what's going on in this thread?

Oh, uh, nothing, Goblin Slayer-sama! You can just move along!
I think I saw a Goblin in the 40k general.

nothin, boss