Do any of you guys have disproportionate worry posting about your games/complaints on Veeky Forums...

Do any of you guys have disproportionate worry posting about your games/complaints on Veeky Forums, in case other people in your group recognise your stories and what's being complained about?

Lay off the ganja, it's making you paranoid.

>thinking people on Veeky Forums actually play games and don't just shitpost

not really.it's a good place to vent and very few of my players actually visit Veeky Forums.if you're worried then just be really vague when talking about them and change story detail.

Usually ones that don't shitpost do - so usually ones one decent or interesting threads.

Yes, because one time, it actually happened - not to me, but to another player from my group. DM found his posts on 2ch (a russian, much shittier imageboard) and mocked him for his complaints.

Well, the only detailed posts I do are the characters I make. And while it doesn't matter if they recognize my posts, yeah, I'm kind of afraid of it.

Nope, I horsepost constantly, and sometimes even send them threads so they can join in the fun. I do kind of worry about posting stuff when I'm DMing though, mostly for spoiler reasons.

Not really. Veeky Forums is a big place and I'm anonymous.

I'm one of two players that have played enough to even understand half of what's said here, and the DM is an older guy without the patience left to tolerate 4chans shit. Unless I post a greentext that manages to make it from here to reddit/tumblr I'm safe, and even then they won't see it for years (they only recently discovered the luchador monk greentext).

Well I know my GM browses here, so I tend not to post my thoughts on his campaign here and instead talk to him/the group about it if it ever becomes relevant.

All my stories are made up anyway so it's unlikely that will ever happen.

No.
But I always change stuff just in case.

No, because I always do it in good humor. My entire group knows that I post here, but no one ever checks to see if I'm talking smack because 1. I already talk to them about my problems like an adult and 2. They aren't such insecure children that they assume that any story that could possibly apply to them is about them.

My players are pretty touchy-feeley and very openly browse this board so I tend to change important details around to make sure I don't get a pic related on my hands

I believe he may be reading this right now.

Swastika ginger, if you're reading this, it's shame we didn't start the Exalted campaign.

All my players are redditors.

I'm the only one who browses Veeky Forums.

>tfw none of my players know Veeky Forums exists, one probably hasn't even heard about Veeky Forums, and they all barely speak english anyway
NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW.

My players browse Veeky Forums so I do worry about it, though much less now that I did for the first 7 months we played.

wow, that DM is a fucking asshole.

>that shit
>realism
Ethan is fortunate to not have to put up with that shit anymore. There was no salvaging that retardation.

>ew looter
>ugh disgusting mercenaries how uncouth
>muh endangered species of basilisk!
>monsters doing monster things? just talk it out
How protected could one child be? That GM needs help. Someones going to break into his house and the naive bastard will try to negotiate with the burglar.

What a dickhead

>i have explained to you that Kobolds and Ogres are sentient creatures capable of negotiations
>capitalizing the names of monster races, as though you would also type Duck when discussing them

If you want to play a game about overcoming adversity don't do it in a setting where races are by their nature adversarial to the players. Reading that made me angrier than it should have.

Let me just go negotiate with this 3 foot tall rat-dog-lizard creature that I found in a dungeon with a couple dozen more of its kind. Surely I will gain meaningful insight into whatever the fuck 4 int gets you.

I caught a player bitching about an incident where they triggered a Total Party Kill/Capture by antagonizing a firing squad.

I try to only post positive things about my games here.

>nicest person irl in group makes a chaotic evil character
>dosen't end up being that evil, works well with party

>butt monkey of our group makes a lawful good character
>has caused the downfall of an empire by killing an entire village "because the Baron is from there, he is evil so they probably are tool" and triggering a massive revolt by making things worse from there

The GM was right though, should have said it face to face if it really bothers him that much.

He did, in skype. The player was venting, this is a thing that happens. The DM is a faggot for punishing someone for venting.

>get into a social confrontation with someone
>later see them genuinely expressing frustration with what happened to a bunch of strangers - no other people we know involved
>feel the need to announce myself and kick them from the game instead of realizing that at least one player (probably more) find my game unfun but are still willing to try and make it work

I know the tabletop board on Veeky Forums is near the apex of autism but that shit is unreal. I couldn't imagine having a GM who is so socially inept.

>The GM was right though, should have said it face to face if it really bothers him that much

I agree that immediately kicking somebody from your game is too harsh a punishment, I wouldn't do it myself, but that is entirely subjective and this particular DM clearly felt it was appropriate.

>should've said it face to face
>he did, on skype
I thought "face to face" meant "in person."

I guess some anons recognized themselves in the venting-role and not trying to take the DM seat in this one.

>2ch
>a Russian imageboard

Nigger what?

And we are only getting a player-side view, becaue the GM is smart enough not to try defending himself to people who don't know him and he doesn't care about on an internet forum.

>gain meaningful insight into whatever the fuck 4 int gets you

It gets you to ban Ethan from your games apparently.

This is my post
And I am the lifer GM in my play group.

Anonymous criticism is some of the most honest, especially if you are 100% sure you know who is giving the critique and they don't know you can see it.

If it were me I would read that post and say "wow, this guy is really about to quit the game I'm running because of the way I am running it". When the setting or campaign is substantially different from the norm you have to be especially aware of how your players are reacting to it. If they are bored of dungeon diving with a rogue / fighter / cleric / wizard party that can be worked around but if they are getting frustrated at a playstyle that is too rp / too combat / too lore heavy for their tastes you have to consider that they'll just stop playing.

From what I read in that post it sounds as though the players got snubbed several times for attempting to do regular D&D stuff. While this can be cool with the right group if you are going to run a campaign like that you REALLY have to be open to criticism. I am someone who is genuinely bad at taking personal or professional criticism and even I can handle it when one of my players says "these last couple sessions have felt kind of flat to be honest, we were having more fun killing Dreadnok the Fagginator than sneaking around trying to unthrone the king" because they are just trying to actually have fun with their friends playing a game. Obviously if someone is upset their Polyhedral Dragonkin Psionic Dominator homebrew class / race combo got bounced that is its own issue - but if someone is really considering leaving the game over a running issue then you have to be ready to listen. Every time you host or play D&D its like a party. You want your guests to enjoy themselves within reason, get along and all be willing to come back next time. Its no fun to have someone show up to a party, put on music you know they hate and spend all night going "come on party pooper!" at them.

I don't understand the rationale that a DM must subvert the style of game they want to play for the sake of "everyone's fun".
If you desperately want to get a group of your friends to play this game they may simply not enjoy ever playing in their life then sure, torture yourself by "ensuring everyone's fun" but as a DM you are not solely responsible for everyone's fun.

You are an arbiter with a game world and your players buy into it or they don't. You don't magically have fun by changing the premise on yourself to suit their wants, you know. One thing is letting the players have impact, the other is turning a game of political intrigue into a whack-a-mole dungeoncrawler because "my players aren't having fun".
If they don't like it then first talk it out and see if anything can be changed, if it can't then there's plenty of players out there man.

It's not subservient, it's mutual. The type of game should be discussed before it gets started.

>I don't understand the rationale that a DM must subvert the style of game they want to play for the sake of "everyone's fun".

If the style of game you want is "one that people play" then you have to be willing to accommodate the tastes of the people playing. Getting a playgroup together that really clicks is not easy and disrupting that because your players aren't having fun with how you want them to have fun is absolutely foolish.

>One thing is letting the players have impact, the other is turning a game of political intrigue into a whack-a-mole dungeoncrawler because "my players aren't having fun".

Nonsense. In that instance the goal, as the GM, is to get the players to the plot point of "King NoDick is overthrown" to continue with the campaign. If they are clearly floundering with a session of social RP, forging documents and no combat outside of 1 hitting a servant who saw too much then you change it up. Suddenly the church bells begin sounding, the smell of smoke is in the air, people are charging out into the streets. The leader they had been working for was captured and hung before anyone even knew. The brash, headstrong nephew of the King steps up and launches the rebellion early in a fit of rage.

Suddenly the path to dethroning King NoDick has gone from "convince his advisors to turn on him in a bloodless coup." to "lead the charge up the palace steps, take the throne with fire and sword!" and ultimately it dosen't make a difference at all. The king is still dethroned, the party still gets their loot (pillaged from his kingly estate rather than paid by shadowy informers) and everyone had a good time. Even if you would have preferred a more diplomatic solution there will ALWAYS be more encounters later to try and strike a finer balance. You can even reuse unused material from a cancelled arc wholesale since the players never saw any of it to begin with.

No one of my players story timed a bunch of adventures over a period of months on here.

Which was it?

Yes. Everyone met on Veeky Forums, and frequently post in 40krpg. They will find me, they will post the thread, and they will laugh as I spiral deeper and deeper into paranoia and fear.

No, I have the exactly proportionate amount of worry posting about my games on Veeky Forums due to the legally binding Nondisclosure Agreement my players tricked me into signing.

I worry that talking about my games in appropriate generals, my players might see bits and get spoilered for upcoming ideas and plot hooks.

I trust them to not meta game, but it's ruin some of the fun.

Britbongsteros.

>Aldous if you're reading this you're a faggot.

A friend and I make a game out of finding each other's posts here, so yes I tend to post under the assumption that he will read it and then link it to me.

Fags.

No, I specifically like posting on here because I don't have a username and don't have to worry about posting something and having them see my username and immediately know it's me. Or have to worry about accidentally not switching to an alt account and posting something under my regular username

None of my groups come to Veeky Forums at all. Even if they did, I'm not worried if they realize a post is me. If I have actual complaints, I bring it up to the group in person. What I post here is mostly just sharing stories from our campaigns, and idgaf if they see me doing that.

Not so much this, but I don't post pictures of my models on Veeky Forums because I am a renown artist and I don't want my friends to know I post on Veeky Forums. I suspect 2 guys in my gaming group browse here. It doesn't matter though desu, because photos of my models have been taken from other sites and posted on Veeky Forums anyway.

I play with grogs, none of them will find out. One of my work colleagues recognised me from a post in /an/ though.

It's impossible, none of them know English well enough to browse Veeky Forums.
Adan no tienes ni puta idea de dirigir, autista de los cojones

2ch is russian, user